Forums > General Industry > Why all the EFFIN ATTITUDE people?

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

True, I totally agree with this as well.  That is mainly my point.  Titling a forum "why all the EFFIN ATTITUDE?" is antagonistic.  While reading the OP's vent, I sensed her attitude.  How can you address someone else's attitude when you are displaying one? (as many people said to her and she then became defensive.)

I think it's 'antagonistic' to contribute nearly a page and a half to this OP, when you are saying that you "don't want MM to be known for this'. And I didn't become defensive, I changed my original post, after recognizing that it was negative and that I was being hypocritical... You are still talking about the original post, when you see that I regretted it and changed it. Obviously, you're only interested in putting your two cents in, and not actually making a solid argument...

About the "Kate Moss/Heidi Klum" thing, I feel like if they are going to be arrogant, and gloat about what they've done, they certainly have the resume, talent, and book to back it up--unlike MOST of the models on MM.

Jul 21 06 02:04 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

WG Rowland wrote:
I still want a cookie.

You don't have time for cookies anymore! Plus, your fame isn't what it used to be, the OP doesn't even know who you are. You need to get back on the fanOmeter and reproduce.

Jul 21 06 02:16 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rhonda M

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:
So, you're just gonna put your two cents in everywhere you think there is an 'antagonistic' OP, trying to change it? Trying to make it so that people don't voice their opinions on subjects like these? Well, I think that it's probably best that you just don't participate in it, instead of trying to make it disappear.

You are so beligerent.  And for what?  I am not being that way with you.  I have never seen someone who wishes to promote seperation and arguing (on MM) more than you.  That is essentially what you are doing. 

Also, I said 'hoping', not 'trying.'  I am not forcing you or anyone to do anything, I am just hopeful that this crap can stop altogether.  You have the right to open a thread about whatever you like, but you are also subjected to people responding however they like to it.  Every thread similar to this gets locked.  Maybe you should ask a moderator why.

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:
A vegetarian can't make the world stop eating meat, but he can just NOT support or participate in it...

That is my sentiment exactly about these type of threads.  In those few words, you just contradicted yourself.

Your complaining or venting about people being rude is not going to make the world stop being rude, but you, yourself, can lead by example and not be rude to those that are around you and your hopes are that people may notice that and want to follow your lead.

Jul 21 06 02:20 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Bob Randall Photography wrote:

You don't have time for cookies anymore! Plus, your fame isn't what it used to be, the OP doesn't even know who you are. You need to get back on the fanOmeter and reproduce.

There's always time for cookies..  Fame is overrated..  And even the dog gets paid more than I do.. (Yay for Jack!)..

As for this thread..  It is a perfect example of exactly what it's preaching against..

There's a kernel of wisdom (hmm, maybe I want popcorn!) burried somewhere in there..  But as the OP is as human as the rest of us.. It's long burried and will likely never be seen again..

A little reflection would go a long way.. But it's funner to try and win a pointless fight..

Nope..

Definitely want cookies..

With skin smoothing..

Jul 21 06 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

And another thing, the founding father in his infinite wisdom didn't name this place (place?) Model NiceyNice or Model Gushing With Kindness or even my personal favorite, Model's for Bob. He named it !!!!!!!!!!!!!""""MAYHEM"""""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The dictionary says the meaning of that word is "absolute chaos or severe disruption" followed by "malicious injury that disfigures or disables".

Now that I know why were here I say; bring it on Beaotch. smile

Any one got a jive dictionary that can help me with my ebonics spelling?

Jul 21 06 02:28 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rhonda M

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Rhonda McLendon wrote:
True, I totally agree with this as well.  That is mainly my point.  Titling a forum "why all the EFFIN ATTITUDE?" is antagonistic.  While reading the OP's vent, I sensed her attitude.  How can you address someone else's attitude when you are displaying one? (as many people said to her and she then became defensive.)

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:
I think it's 'antagonistic' to contribute nearly a page and a half to this OP, when you are saying that you "don't want MM to be known for this'. And I didn't become defensive, I changed my original post, after recognizing that it was negative and that I was being hypocritical... You are still talking about the original post, when you see that I regretted it and changed it. Obviously, you're only interested in putting your two cents in, and not actually making a solid argument...

About the "Kate Moss/Heidi Klum" thing, I feel like if they are going to be arrogant, and gloat about what they've done, they certainly have the resume, talent, and book to back it up--unlike MOST of the models on MM.

Krysta, I have hardly addressed any of my responses to you, so what are you talking about?

I have been one of the few in this thread that has remained cool and level headed on this topic and even agreed with your point, just not the way that it has been presented. 

Nevermind though, I am damned if I do and damned if I don't.

Jul 21 06 02:30 pm Link

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

Rhonda McLendon wrote:

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:
So, you're just gonna put your two cents in everywhere you think there is an 'antagonistic' OP, trying to change it? Trying to make it so that people don't voice their opinions on subjects like these? Well, I think that it's probably best that you just don't participate in it, instead of trying to make it disappear.

You are so beligerent.  And for what?  I am not being that way with you.  I have never seen someone who wishes to promote seperation and arguing (on MM) more than you.  That is essentially what you are doing. 

Also, I said 'hoping', not 'trying.'  I am not forcing you or anyone to do anything, I am just hopeful that this crap can stop altogether.  You have the right to open a thread about whatever you like, but you are also subjected to people responding however they like to it.  Every thread similar to this gets locked.  Maybe you should ask a moderator why.

That is my sentiment exactly about these type of threads.  In those few words, you just contradicted yourself.

Your complaining or venting about people being rude is not going to make the world stop being rude, but you, yourself, can lead by example and not be rude to those that are around you and your hopes are that people may notice that and want to follow your lead.

Does it matter? You're STILL CONTRADICTING YOURSELF!! You say you're hoping that these types of threads stop, when you're one of the biggest contributors to them!! And you wonder why I'm beligerent...!! I just voiced my opinion, as have many others... It's not going to stop. It's always going to bother people! These threads get longer and longer because of people like you!! You voiced your opinion (in which you repeatedly contradicted yourself), and no one cares anymore, so just let it go.

You say that threads like these get locked! Well, I hope so! I didn't realize anyone was going to get so worked up about it--and if I had, I wouldn't have written it!

Jul 21 06 02:35 pm Link

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

Rhonda McLendon wrote:

Rhonda McLendon wrote:

Krysta, I have hardly addressed any of my responses to you, so what are you talking about?

I have been one of the few in this thread that has remained cool and level headed on this topic and even agreed with your point, just not the way that it has been presented. 

Nevermind though, I am damned if I do and damned if I don't.

No, but you've addressed others with pages of rambling!

Jul 21 06 02:38 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rhonda M

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Bob Randall Photography wrote:
And another thing, the founding father in his infinite wisdom didn't name this place (place?) Model NiceyNice or Model Gushing With Kindness or even my personal favorite, Model's for Bob. He named it !!!!!!!!!!!!!""""MAYHEM"""""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The dictionary says the meaning of that word is "absolute chaos or severe disruption" followed by "malicious injury that disfigures or disables".

Now that I know why were here I say; bring it on Beaotch. smile

Any one got a jive dictionary that can help me with my ebonics spelling?

LMAO!!!!  Wisdom at it's finest! 

And Bob, it's "biotch."  I have someone that may be able to assist you with words like that... hehehe

Jul 21 06 02:43 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:
and no one cares anymore, so just let it go.

Please don't let it go.

Jul 21 06 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

Bluefire

East Tawas, Michigan, US

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Ghandi.

Peace. smile

Jul 21 06 02:45 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rhonda M

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:
You say that threads like these get locked! Well, I hope so! I didn't realize anyone was going to get so worked up about it--and if I had, I wouldn't have written it!

You can request that the thread be locked.  Contact a moderator.

Jul 21 06 02:46 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rhonda M

Baltimore, Maryland, US

tgimaging wrote:

Peace. smile

YOU ARE SO AWESOME!!!! I think I love you now... muah, muah!

Jul 21 06 02:47 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Los Angeles, California, US

Whoaaa!!! That was crazy!
Stick that in yer arse Ghandi!! big_smile

Jul 21 06 02:47 pm Link

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

Rhonda McLendon wrote:

You can request that the thread be locked.  Contact a moderator.

You're like the damn energizer bunny! I just wanna argue with you, because I know that you'll keep going, and going, and going, and going!!! So what else can we argue about? So what's your position on the war in Lebanon?! lol

Jul 21 06 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Krysta and Rhonda, go to your corners now! 

https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d113/icedudereferee28/hockey_referee.gif

Oh that's a hockey referee ... go to the penalty box!  A two minute break would do ya some good, eh?

Jul 21 06 02:56 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rhonda M

Baltimore, Maryland, US

tgimaging wrote:

Peace. smile

Hey John, how is it hanging sweety? 

...you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me hapPEE, when skies are gray wink

Jul 21 06 02:57 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rhonda M

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
Krysta and Rhonda, go to your corners now! 

https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d113/icedudereferee28/hockey_referee.gif

Oh that's a hockey referee ... go to the penalty box!  A two minute break would do ya some good, eh?

LOL Patrick, I'm in the audience babe!!! I am watching the fight, like in the cartoons when two characters start fighting and they are rolling and picking up additional people along the way and then someone gets on the outside of the circle and is watching, THAT'S ME! LMAO!!!

Jul 21 06 03:01 pm Link

Photographer

Paris Felinni

New York, New York, US

Hey folks, dont fight:)
I think online forums are not designed for people who treat others with respect.Forums are for BS-folks who somehow think they are big shots who worth everything.In fact, they are bunch of stupid EGO's,dumping their F and S words on each other...so if you feel like you are surrounded by such people, just leave....why fight with them?
That is why you are loosers....fix your EGOs or suffer concequences.
Your EGO and stupid attitude that is barely worth a penny , will bury you alive and I agree with the girl who started this whole thing:)
Congrats!

Jul 21 06 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Paris Felinni wrote:
I think online forums are not designed for people who treat others with respect.Forums are for BS-folks who somehow think they are big shots who worth everything.In fact, they are bunch of stupid EGO's,dumping their F and S words on each other...so if you feel like you are surrounded by such people, just leave....why fight with them?
Your EGO and stupid attitude that is barely worth a penny , will bury you alive and I agree with the girl who started this whole thing:)
Congrats!

Yeeeeaaaahhhh! a newcomer that doesn't realize he/she is what he/she says he/she isn't. (too lazy to find out if Paris is a he or a she)

Jul 21 06 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Paris Felinni wrote:
Congrats!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I would like to nominate this thread for Best Use of Irony In A Thread!

You guys are killin' me..

Jul 21 06 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Krysta, you were upset about the way your younger sisters were treated on here, is that not correct?  It had nothing to do with the forum itself, but with messages or comments made? 

Well this Model Mayhem is supposed to have the feel of MySpace.com in a way.  Immature people will say mean things and be rude quite often on MySpace.  I'm actually a nice guy, but I think you should have taken the opportunity to discuss with your sisters that they will encounter mean people all through their lives ... and you are still learning how to deal with it too. 

How do I deal with rudeness or mean people?  I don't give them the opportunity to get my blood pressure up.  It IS a choice that you make to either face the fact that someone has been unpleasant and move on.  You can't change that person, you can only change yourself.  By getting upset, you are making the choice to give that person the gratification that they "got under" your skin.  They were most likely mad or having a bad day.  "Misery loves company!"  The solution is simple; Don't join in the mud throwing, the name calling or the punching back. Children do that! 

I take pleasure out of everyday, and every minute if I can.  I choose to be happy.  It's very zen like, I know!  But it works for me.

Jul 21 06 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Los Angeles, California, US

The F word. On a lighter note.

http://www.funlol.com/funpages/historyoffword.html

I was laughing so hard I almost peed. big_smile

Jul 21 06 03:12 pm Link

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
Krysta, you were upset about the way your younger sisters were treated on here, is that not correct?  It had nothing to do with the forum itself, but with messages or comments made? 

Well this Model Mayhem is supposed to have the feel of MySpace.com in a way.  Immature people will say mean things and be rude quite often on MySpace.  I'm actually a nice guy, but I think you should have taken the opportunity to discuss with your sisters that they will encounter mean people all through their lives ... and you are still learning how to deal with it too. 

How do I deal with rudeness or mean people?  I don't give them the opportunity to get my blood pressure up.  It IS a choice that you make to either face the fact that someone has been unpleasant and move on.  You can't change that person, you can only change yourself.  By getting upset, you are making the choice to give that person the gratification that they "got under" your skin.  They were most likely mad or having a bad day.  "Misery loves company!"  The solution is simple; Don't join in the mud throwing, the name calling or the punching back. Children do that! 

I take pleasure out of everyday, and every minute if I can.  I choose to be happy.  It's very zen like, I know!  But it works for me.

We should all just get high!!

Jul 21 06 03:17 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:
I don't understand why people insist on coming on a networking site like this, and belittling each other, and just being plain mean!! Shouldn't we all just get along!? I don't care what you DO; Stylist, Model, Photography! Aren't we all here for the same thing pretty much??? Come on! Now if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all!!

I am tired of so many people in this industry who have these high and mighty attitudes, who treat people like crap, for no reason at all! You're not Kate Moss, and you're not Heidi Klum, so get over it, and stop treating people like s**t and get over yourselves!!

It doesn't matter how effin pretty you are, if you treat people like s**t, and your name is not Naomi Campbell, SHUT UP CAUSE NO ONE LIKES AN ARROGANT PERSON, MODEL OR NOT!!!

And I don't care if I get ripped apart for this post, if you're offended, it's because you probably one of these people!!

Krysta...what a stupid comment. Just kidding smile Nicely put. Ya think there's just a little bit of elitism involved? Just a theory. Take care and keep up the good work.

Jul 21 06 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:

Do you really want to see this group high?

Jul 21 06 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Rhonda McLendon wrote:

LOL Patrick, I'm in the audience babe!!! I am watching the fight, like in the cartoons when two characters start fighting and they are rolling and picking up additional people along the way and then someone gets on the outside of the circle and is watching, THAT'S ME! LMAO!!!

If I'm not mistaken, I think what started Krysta going off by writing this thread is her being upset at some people writing mean things either directly to her sisters or on comments in their profiles here.  That sort of thing happens on MySpace ALL the freaking time!  LOL 

There is such a thing as a delete button.  This is also an opportunity for her to teach her sisters how to deal with haters, angry people, or jerks.  The world is full of people who are not going to be nice to strangers.  I totally understand how she feels it is not right.  In fact, I wish I could do something about it.  However the best thing ANYONE can do is keep your own temper in check.  Take a deep breath then understand that the person who is being mean to you is probably not getting much pleasure out of life at the moment. 

If you can choose to ignore them and move on ... that sends them a message.  If you can continue to laugh, be happy and get pleasure out of the day even while someone else is trying to drag you down, YOU WIN!  They continue to be miserable. They lose.

Jul 21 06 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:

https://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j81/crist2/hermit1.gif

Is that what was going on?  yikes

Jul 21 06 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

OK, final words of wisdom from me on this one.  If you got a problem with someones attitude, then just change your own attitude.  No problem!

Jul 21 06 03:34 pm Link

Model

TiffanyB

Clinton, Mississippi, US

Something I have noticed not only on here but in other sites is that those who are mean or come up with smart rude comments usually won't do it in person. I have had "friends" from school say things online yet when I try to confront them in person, they wont even look me in the eye.
I was taught that no matter what forum you are in, you treat people as you would if you were looking in their eyes and that is what i hope I do.
xoxox
Tiffany

Jul 21 06 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Rhonda McLendon wrote:

LMAO!!!!  Wisdom at it's finest! 

And Bob, it's "biotch."  I have someone that may be able to assist you with words like that... hehehe

Now Rhonda, I'm never one to argue, ever, but your spelling makes it look like you want to say biotech, which has exactly zero street cred. I'm going to defer to someone else on this matter. Maybe in her free time your assistant can research and get back to me. Might quiet things down a bit while she's looking.

Jul 21 06 06:41 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Lamonica wrote:

E|||B wrote:

Lamonica wrote:

E|||B wrote:
Let me guess.

You're 20 years old.

(checks profile)

Ohhhhhhhh. 21. I'm slipping!

Just out of curiousity, what does her age have to do with anything?

Only people of a certain age will tend to rant about such topics.

She was articulate enough to be older than 18.

But few people over the age of 25 are going to bother with trying to "convert" folks into being "nice" to each other. (Exceptions like Rodney "Can't We All Just Get Along" King not withstanding.)

So, based upon her passion for the topic and her grammatical structure, I guessed she was around 20 years old and was only off by 1 year.

Grammaical structure... not to sound rude, but I see 45 year olds with the grammar mistakes of a 12 year old. I don't think age has anything to do with it. I have spoken to people over the age of 25 on this site, who also have a problem with the mentality of some of the people on here. In my opinion, being offeneded doesn't have age restrictions.

I think it has less to do with age and more to do with the fact that she's new to MM. People aren't nice in the real world so i don't expect it out of a site. Wow, I'm jaded lol. Am I aRtIcUlAtE 3n0ugh to b 8teen? wink

Jul 21 06 06:59 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

TiffanyB wrote:
Something I have noticed not only on here but in other sites is that those who are mean or come up with smart rude comments usually won't do it in person. I have had "friends" from school say things online yet when I try to confront them in person, they wont even look me in the eye.
I was taught that no matter what forum you are in, you treat people as you would if you were looking in their eyes and that is what i hope I do.
xoxox
Tiffany

Tiffany, I remember seeing your profile on that other "place" and you are a wonderful person and a beautiful model.  What you said is true!  Just today, I was checking out another forum that I'm on with other photographers.  This one guy is someone who I've spoken with on the phone a few times.  Our conversations are very civil and professional, yet when he gets a wild hair up his ass ... he rips into everyone including me on the forum!  He will put others down, making statements saying that the other person is wrong and he knows better.  He will even resort to name calling and insults if he thinks it will help his position.  What he seems to think is that he gets more attention in the modeling industry by doing this, but it makes him look like a jack ass!

It is unfortunate, but true that loud mouthed jerks can get more attention, and make people argumentative on the forums.  When there is a positive, happy thread started here, it gets buried rather quickly by the more controversial ones ... that's life I guess?

Jul 21 06 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Electra T wrote:
I think it has less to do with age and more to do with the fact that she's new to MM. People aren't nice in the real world so i don't expect it out of a site. Wow, I'm jaded lol. Am I aRtIcUlAtE 3n0ugh to b 8teen? wink

This freakin forum is a slice of the real life!  tongue 

Miss Electra, I don't know you, but you are one of the more enjoyable people on the forum! I don't love ya, but I like you!  wink

Jul 21 06 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

Class Act Photography

STUDIO CITY, California, US

Happy the man who follows not the counsel of the wicked,
nor walks in the way of sinners,
nor sits in the company of the insolent and ungodly,
but delights in the Lord and meditates on His law day and night.
For he is like a tree planted near restful waters,
whose leaves never wither and die.
Whatever he does, he prospers.
Not so for the wicked.
They are like chaff which the wind blows away.

Psalm 1

Jul 21 06 10:54 pm Link