Forums > General Industry > Why all the EFFIN ATTITUDE people?

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

I don't understand why people insist on coming on a networking site like this, and belittling each other, and just being plain mean!! Shouldn't we all just get along!? I don't care what you DO; Stylist, Model, Photography! Aren't we all here for the same thing pretty much??? Come on! Now if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all!!

I am tired of so many people in this industry who have these high and mighty attitudes, who treat people like crap, for no reason at all! You're not Kate Moss, and you're not Heidi Klum, so get over it, and stop treating people like s**t and get over yourselves!!

It doesn't matter how effin pretty you are, if you treat people like s**t, and your name is not Naomi Campbell, SHUT UP CAUSE NO ONE LIKES AN ARROGANT PERSON, MODEL OR NOT!!!

And I don't care if I get ripped apart for this post, if you're offended, it's because you probably one of these people!!

Jul 20 06 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:
I don't understand why people insist on coming on a networking site like this, and belittling each other, giving attitude, and just being plain mean!! Shouldn't we all just get along!? I don't care what you DO; Stylist, Model, Photography! Aren't we all here for the same thing pretty much??? Come on! Now if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all!!

I am tired of so many people in this industry who have these high and mighty attitudes, who treat people like crap, for no reason at all! Also, I have seen so many models on this damn site, who are really nothing special, saying how they will only work Paid Assignments, and don't even get in touch with them if you are looking for TFP/CD!! Come on now!! Do you really think that you're gonna get ALL paid assignments?!?! In your dreams! You're not Kate Moss, and you're not Heidi Klum, so get over it, and stop treating people like shit. There are way more 'newbies' who have way more potential, are much better looking, and could actually make it as a model (by this I mean be BIG TIME!)!! So get over yourselves!!

It doesn't matter how effin pretty you are, if you treat people like s**t, and your name is not Naomi Campbell, SHUT UP CAUSE NO ONE LIKES AN ARROGANT PERSON, MODEL OR NOT!!!

well said, congratulations on this post.

Jul 20 06 03:55 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

I pray, that you don't get ripped apart for your post. I agree with you to a certain extent..a lot of people seem to feel that experience and "pro, non-wannabeness" is reason enough for a holier than though attitude. Plus, most pro's having nothing to gain from this site so their attitudes won't disturb business. Better at your craft or not,more experience or not to quote my vader "the doctor shouldn't talk down to the nurse".

Jul 20 06 03:58 pm Link

Photographer

Wade Henderson

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, US

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:
I don't understand why people insist on coming on a networking site like this, and belittling each other, giving attitude, and just being plain mean!! Shouldn't we all just get along!? I don't care what you DO; Stylist, Model, Photography! Aren't we all here for the same thing pretty much??? Come on! Now if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all!!

I am tired of so many people in this industry who have these high and mighty attitudes, who treat people like crap, for no reason at all! Also, I have seen so many models on this damn site, who are really nothing special, saying how they will only work Paid Assignments, and don't even get in touch with them if you are looking for TFP/CD!! Come on now!! Do you really think that you're gonna get ALL paid assignments?!?! In your dreams! You're not Kate Moss, and you're not Heidi Klum, so get over it, and stop treating people like shit. There are way more 'newbies' who have way more potential, are much better looking, and could actually make it as a model (by this I mean be BIG TIME!)!! So get over yourselves!!

You really put this in perspective. Well stated.

Jul 20 06 04:01 pm Link

Photographer

Fade To Black

Baltimore, Maryland, US

There's no harm when it comes to having pride in one's work, but when it crosses-which if FREQUENTLY does in our industry-, it becomes snobbery.

Usually the ones who gloat about the size of thier talent are the ones who are the most insecure about their place in this world.

Learn to love your fellow photographers and models and so on and so forth, because it's an ugly, mean world out there, and life isn't long enough to have a hatred for someone you share so much in common with, a passion that drives you to pick up the camera or strike a pose.

Jul 20 06 04:01 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:

The mind wobbles.......

Jul 20 06 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

500 Gigs of Desire

New York, New York, US

All I know is I wanna shoot Kristin...

Jul 20 06 04:03 pm Link

Model

StacyJack

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

... hmmm, I have nothing nice to say.

Jul 20 06 04:06 pm Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

awww I thought this was directed at the Off-Topic thread posters smile
carry on smile

Jul 20 06 04:06 pm Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

WG Rowland wrote:
The mind wobbles.......

now, does the mind wobble to the left more or to the right more? wobble wobble smile

lol, the OP said "shit"....  oh no!

Jul 20 06 04:07 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

StudioMona wrote:
awww I thought this was directed at the Off-Topic thread posters smile
carry on smile

She knows better than that! hehe beautiful avatar mona.

Jul 20 06 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Perhaps your closing statement could have been... how do I say it... more eloquent?

Jul 20 06 04:10 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

...Stacy wrote:
... hmmm, I have nothing nice to say.

You've never heard the phrase "if you have nothing nice to say make sure you say it, and cause a MM riot??" wink

Jul 20 06 04:11 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

yawn

Jul 20 06 04:11 pm Link

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

MMDesign wrote:
Perhaps your closing statement could have been... how do I say it... more eloquent?

DONT CARE!!! Sorry!!

Jul 20 06 04:12 pm Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

Electra T wrote:

She knows better than that! hehe beautiful avatar mona.

Why, thank you Electra T. Come on, let's shoot. Do you ever come to Mankato, MN? LOL wink

Photographer

Brandon Ching

Brooklyn, New York, US

Like Electra, I agreed with your post (somewhat) through about the first paragraph... The rest of your rant, well... it's pretty damned hypocritical.

You bitch and moan about people belittling each other, giving attitude, and

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:
if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all!!

...then you write

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:
I have seen so many models on this damn site, who are really nothing special, with mediocre portfolios and not so amazing good looks, saying how they will only work Paid Assignments, and don't even get in touch with them if you are looking for TFP/CD!! Come on now!! Do you really think that you're gonna get ALL paid assignments?!?! In your dreams! You're not Kate Moss, and you're not Heidi Klum, so get over it, and stop treating people like shit. There are way more 'newbies' who have way more potential, are much better looking, and could actually make it as a model (by this I mean be BIG TIME!)!! So get over yourselves!!

Any credibility you may have had from your first paragraph was thrown out the window.. Call me an asshole or not, like you I'm just opinionated.

Photographer

Brian Tremblay

Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, Canada

Bravo!

Jul 20 06 04:15 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Model Sarah wrote:
yawn

ditto.

Jul 20 06 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:
And I don't care if I get ripped apart for this post, if you're offended, it's because you probably an a**hole, anyways and I don't give a s**t what you have to say!! I'm opinionated, and if you don't like it, kiss it!!

*Muuust Bite tongue*  Okay, I can't.  Did it ever occur to you that the people that post the things you don't like are following your footsteps and don't give a s**t, and maybe they think you can kiss their a**?

Jul 20 06 04:16 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

Tell us how you really feel, Krysta!  wink

You're dealing with a creative medium and, unfortunately, a ton of ego comes along for the ride.  Most of the time, rampant ego is sorely misplaced, but nothing is likely to change.  You know, this bullshit has been going on since the first early man put paint on a cave wall.  I'm sure he (or she) had a few critics in the tribe, too.

Photographer

Ruben Vasquez

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:
I'm opinionated, and if you don't like it, kiss it!!

I wan't offended by anything you had to say, but I'd still like to kiss it! smile

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:

DONT CARE!!! Sorry!!

Brilliant response. Sounds just like "EFFIN ATTITUDE" to me.

Photographer

Brandon Ching

Brooklyn, New York, US

As they say... people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Jul 20 06 04:19 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

StudioMona wrote:

Why, thank you Electra T. Come on, let's shoot. Do you ever come to Mankato, MN? LOL wink

Actually my dad took me icefishing in Mn last year and I may be going to MN for christmas!Guess who i'll be contacting! Sadly, i've never heard of Mankato! Reminds me of Fargot...

Jul 20 06 04:20 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

From your bio page. 

"I pride myself on being a normal, down-to-earth chick, just different in that I have an amazing talent."

No attitude there. You must be the newbie with the great looks that can do so much better than everyone else. Good job, it got me to look at your site.

Jul 20 06 04:20 pm Link

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

Electra T wrote:

You've never heard the phrase "if you have nothing nice to say make sure you say it, and cause a MM riot??" wink

I love it... Never heard it before, but that's funny!!

Jul 20 06 04:21 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Envy wrote:

ditto.

You know it took me the whole day to realize that was a foot..i thought it was a grape LOL.

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

Electra T wrote:

I love it... Never heard it before, but that's funny!!

Model

K-A

Healdsburg, California, US

Envy wrote:

ditto.

Count me in.  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Electra T wrote:

You know it took me the whole day to realize that was a foot..i thought it was a grape LOL.

Careful Electra or I will be masturbating to your MM profile soon. wink

I'm sending you a gnome for x-mas.

Jul 20 06 04:24 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Envy wrote:

Careful Electra or I will be masturbating to your MM profile soon. wink

I'm sending you a gnome for x-mas.

It'd be an honour.lol, I'm honestly considering buying a gnome table. But that might be an abuse of magical creatures.

Jul 20 06 04:26 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Kristin Anne wrote:

Count me in.  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

*grabs Kristins boob and blames it on the Sarah*

Jul 20 06 04:29 pm Link

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

Bob Randall Photography wrote:
From your bio page. 

"I pride myself on being a normal, down-to-earth chick, just different in that I have an amazing talent."

No attitude there. You must be the newbie with the great looks that can do so much better than everyone else. Good job, it got me to look at your site.

Actually, I wasn't talking about myself. I was talking about some incredible talented newbies that recently took their profiles off this site because some people are just plain mean! Is it arrogant to take pride in my work and to know that I have talent? I think not! I would hope that every single person on this site can honestly say that they feel like they have talent!! But when that pride turns to mean-spiritedness and just plain cruel, I have to object! I treat everyone with dignity and respect, and just wish that others would do the same...

ARROGANT
1 : exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance often by an overbearing manner

Jul 20 06 04:36 pm Link

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

Jul 20 06 04:36 pm Link

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

Brandon Ching wrote:
Like Electra, I agreed with your post (somewhat) through about the first paragraph... The rest of your rant, well... it's pretty damned hypocritical.

You bitch and moan about people belittling each other, giving attitude, and

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:
if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all!!

...then you write

Any credibility you may have had from your first paragraph was thrown out the window.. Call me an asshole or not, like you I'm just opinionated.

Point taken!! Trying to make a point, and was thinking about my poor friends who took their profile off because of mean people!... Made me mad, sorry! I edited it just for you!! lol

Jul 20 06 04:40 pm Link

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

Ruben Vasquez wrote:

I wan't offended by anything you had to say, but I'd still like to kiss it! smile

Well, thank you darling!! A good ass kissin never heard no one!! lol

Jul 20 06 04:41 pm Link

Model

K-A

Healdsburg, California, US

Envy wrote:

*grabs Kristins boob and blames it on the Sarah*

LMAO

Jul 20 06 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

rwspangler

Springfield, Virginia, US

Well said...however, it's all just a bunch of crying babies and folks who THINK they are good. Many who wouldn't last a second in the real working world of photo or modeling!

So if you can't have fun here and be nice, leave or let the nasty idiots win. Simple choice.

Just one man's opinion... milage may vary.... ;-)

Jul 20 06 04:44 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Electra T wrote:

I had to look closer to see that myself.

Jul 20 06 04:46 pm Link