Forums > General Industry > Why all the EFFIN ATTITUDE people?

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:

Point taken!! Trying to make a point, and was thinking about my poor friends who took their profile off because of mean people!... Made me mad, sorry! I edited it just for you!! lol

Your friends need thicker skin. To be run off of a website because people are mean to them only shows they didn't have the determination to stay and prove those in question wrong.

I've been told that I am ugly, disgusting, that my tattoos were a distraction and that I should give up. I'm still here.

The delete button is a beautiful thing.

Jul 20 06 04:46 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Jul 20 06 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Kristin Anne wrote:

LMAO

LMT'sO maybe?

Jul 20 06 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

Brandon Ching

Brooklyn, New York, US

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:
Is it arrogant to take pride in my work and to know that I have talent?

Yes.

Well, it's good to see you've had a slight change of heart. Here, have a slice of humble pie... it tastes much better than that foot in your mouth. wink

Humble
Function: adjective
1 : not proud or haughty : not arrogant or assertive

Aloha from Hawaii by the way..

Jul 20 06 04:49 pm Link

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

Brandon Ching wrote:

Yes.

Well, it's good to see you've had a slight change of heart. Here, have a slice of humble pie... it tastes much better than that foot in your mouth. wink

Humble
Function: adjective
1 : not proud or haughty : not arrogant or assertive

Aloha from Hawaii by the way..

If I didn't have any pride, I wouldn't make it... No one would!! I don't think stating that I have talent makes me arrogant at all!! But I guess we can agree to disagree!

Jul 20 06 04:52 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:
I don't understand why people insist on coming on a networking site like this, and belittling each other, and just being plain mean!! Shouldn't we all just get along!? I don't care what you DO; Stylist, Model, Photography! Aren't we all here for the same thing pretty much??? Come on! Now if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all!!

I am tired of so many people in this industry who have these high and mighty attitudes, who treat people like crap, for no reason at all! You're not Kate Moss, and you're not Heidi Klum, so get over it, and stop treating people like s**t and get over yourselves!!

It doesn't matter how effin pretty you are, if you treat people like s**t, and your name is not Naomi Campbell, SHUT UP CAUSE NO ONE LIKES AN ARROGANT PERSON, MODEL OR NOT!!!

And I don't care if I get ripped apart for this post, if you're offended, it's because you probably one of these people!!

Krysta,  for one, there is a lot of networking going on behind the scenes.  And a good deal of it crosses lines of photographers, models, MUAs,  pros and amateurs.

The forums are a different matter.

Let's face it, you have a massive cross section of people and interests and there are bound to be clashes.

Let me just say this, that a few of the people whose body of work and whose background in the "industry" is impressive, have been some of the nicest and forthcoming of the people I've had contact with via MM.  They haven't seen the need to disparage my work because I hold myself out to be an amateur, they don't find the concept of someone pursuing photography as an artform strange or repulsive, and they held themselves out as being a resource.   And I didn't even contact them, they've contacted me.

So, they're out there.   You just have to wade through the ones who can't wait to tell you that you suck for any multitude of reasons.

Jul 20 06 04:53 pm Link

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

Envy wrote:

Your friends need thicker skin. To be run off of a website because people are mean to them only shows they didn't have the determination to stay and prove those in question wrong.

I've been told that I am ugly, disgusting, that my tattoos were a distraction and that I should give up. I'm still here.

You're totally right on about people needing thicker skin, but I still don't see the point in belittling someone! For ANY reason! I'm simply stating that I wish people could just be nicer, that's all. It's unrealistic, but no one was ever hurt by a little wishful thinking, right?!

Jul 20 06 04:55 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Electra T wrote:

You've never heard the phrase "if you have nothing nice to say make sure you say it, and cause a MM riot??" wink

Yes, its time for another MM riot.  They are a lot of fun.

Jul 20 06 04:59 pm Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Jesus, they just keep floating to the top don't they!?

Jul 20 06 05:01 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:
I don't understand why people insist on coming on a networking site like this, and belittling each other, and just being plain mean!! Shouldn't we all just get along!? I don't care what you DO; Stylist, Model, Photography! Aren't we all here for the same thing pretty much??? Come on! Now if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all!!

I am tired of so many people in this industry who have these high and mighty attitudes, who treat people like crap, for no reason at all! You're not Kate Moss, and you're not Heidi Klum, so get over it, and stop treating people like s**t and get over yourselves!!

It doesn't matter how effin pretty you are, if you treat people like s**t, and your name is not Naomi Campbell, SHUT UP CAUSE NO ONE LIKES AN ARROGANT PERSON, MODEL OR NOT!!!

And I don't care if I get ripped apart for this post, if you're offended, it's because you probably one of these people!!

Bravo.

My doors open to anyone both here and the network meetings I host.
It’s the arrogant attitude that keeps people from being invited back.

Jul 20 06 05:18 pm Link

Photographer

Harry Young

Los Angeles, California, US

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:

======
Bang on!  kudos to you, both for the thought -and- for out-front saying it.

Jul 20 06 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:

Actually, I wasn't talking about myself. I was talking about some incredible talented newbies that recently took their profiles off this site because some people are just plain mean! Is it arrogant to take pride in my work and to know that I have talent? I think not! I would hope that every single person on this site can honestly say that they feel like they have talent!! But when that pride turns to mean-spiritedness and just plain cruel, I have to object! I treat everyone with dignity and respect, and just wish that others would do the same...

ARROGANT
1 : exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance often by an overbearing manner

I would say that so far your manner is overbearing, and you are somewhat arrogant. I too can be arrogant and I've been flamed for it as well. You came out of the gate with no respect whatsoever, accusing everyone of being a posting criminal. You claim a lot of things on your bio page that don't hold up when your images are viewed. You flatter yourself with words of praise regarding your talent when these are words best served up by others. There is no mean spirit here, just observations.

Jul 20 06 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Envy wrote:

And I'm telling you that your new work is edgy and beautiful and you can't delete this. I most especially like the cigarette shot.

Jul 20 06 05:29 pm Link

Model

Randee

West Branch, Michigan, US

AT LEAST if you are going to start ripping into people and what they have done or said, have the book, talent or resume to back it up!!  The thing that gets me the most are the people who have shots from a camera phone or something I could take with a throw-away camera, who start throwing their two-cents around where it doesn't belong.

Jul 20 06 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:

Bravo!  I agree 100% with you!  It does not matter what a person does for a living or hobby, we are all human beings.  There is no reason for unpleasant, angry, or hateful towards others.   A pleasant attitude will get a person much further in life.

Jul 20 06 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
Bravo!  I agree 100% with you!  It does not matter what a person does for a living or hobby, we are all human beings.  There is no reason for unpleasant, angry, or hateful towards others.   A pleasant attitude will get a person much further in life.

Um, you missed the part where she said that anybody who disagreed with her could "kiss her ass". That, along with other similar comments were deleted from the original post.

Jul 20 06 05:51 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:
Actually, I wasn't talking about myself. I was talking about some incredible talented newbies that recently took their profiles off this site because some people are just plain mean! Is it arrogant to take pride in my work and to know that I have talent? I think not! I would hope that every single person on this site can honestly say that they feel like they have talent!! But when that pride turns to mean-spiritedness and just plain cruel, I have to object! I treat everyone with dignity and respect, and just wish that others would do the same...

Actually it is possible to have an opinion without expressing it with an arrogant attitude.  There are all kinds of people who may not be able to write in such a way.  I'm sorry your friends were not able to let it wash over them like water when someone sticks their brain in the toilet for a moment to write here. It does take a thick skin and better understanding that although some people can be assholes towards you, there are choices you can make.  Sometimes to ignore it is the best response. 

I fill nothing but pity for mean people, because they are the saddest people around.

Bob Randall Photography wrote:
I would say that so far your manner is overbearing, and you are somewhat arrogant. I too can be arrogant and I've been flamed for it as well. You came out of the gate with no respect whatsoever, accusing everyone of being a posting criminal. You claim a lot of things on your bio page that don't hold up when your images are viewed. You flatter yourself with words of praise regarding your talent when these are words best served up by others. There is no mean spirit here, just observations.

Well Bob, that is your opinion.  We all have opinions, and we can all be arrogent assholes at times.  If she builds herself up a bit in her profile, then so what?  That's what we are supposed to do on our profiles, right?  It's marketing, not putting anyone else down by doing so.

Jul 20 06 05:57 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Envy wrote:

Art comes in many forms.

Jul 20 06 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

MMDesign wrote:

Um, you missed the part where she said that anybody who disagreed with her could "kiss her ass". That, along with other similar comments were deleted from the original post.

Hmmm .. well then she must have had regrets of writing what she did.  It's not there now.   Not much I can do about that, huh!  hmm

Jul 20 06 06:02 pm Link

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

Randee wrote:
AT LEAST if you are going to start ripping into people and what they have done or said, have the book, talent or resume to back it up!!  The thing that gets me the most are the people who have shots from a camera phone or something I could take with a throw-away camera, who start throwing their two-cents around where it doesn't belong.

Were you refering to me? Was I ripping into people? Or was that a general statement?

Jul 20 06 06:03 pm Link

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

Randee wrote:

Were you refering to me? Was I ripping into people? Or was that a general statement?

Jul 20 06 06:03 pm Link

Photographer

SolraK Studios

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I'll like to apologize to all the little people who I dismembered, impaled, maimed on my journey to becoming a photographer :p

Jul 20 06 06:09 pm Link

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

MMDesign wrote:

FYI: I changed it, because in the middle, I got a little mad (I've had friends that have taken their profiles off this site because of mean-spirited people) and was being hypocritical. You obviously only read the good comments, so that you could say something negative... You didn't realize when I wrote that I changed it for that reason (to make it more positive and not just a blatantly negative post), now did you?

Jul 20 06 06:09 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:

You're totally right on about people needing thicker skin, but I still don't see the point in belittling someone! For ANY reason! I'm simply stating that I wish people could just be nicer, that's all. It's unrealistic, but no one was ever hurt by a little wishful thinking, right?!

Now I do understand your anger at some jerks chasing off your friends from posting on a website, but those who are rude arrogant assholes who take pride in belittling other make themselves look worse in the process. 

This forum is actually one of the better ones I've had the pleasure to participate on.  The moderators here keep a pretty tight reign on things.  When someone really goes overboard, their are usually given the boot.  But you are right, people CAN be NICE and wishful thinking never hurt anyone.

Jul 20 06 06:14 pm Link

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

KM von Seidl wrote:

Krysta,  for one, there is a lot of networking going on behind the scenes.  And a good deal of it crosses lines of photographers, models, MUAs,  pros and amateurs.

The forums are a different matter.

Let's face it, you have a massive cross section of people and interests and there are bound to be clashes.

Let me just say this, that a few of the people whose body of work and whose background in the "industry" is impressive, have been some of the nicest and forthcoming of the people I've had contact with via MM.  They haven't seen the need to disparage my work because I hold myself out to be an amateur, they don't find the concept of someone pursuing photography as an artform strange or repulsive, and they held themselves out as being a resource.   And I didn't even contact them, they've contacted me.

So, they're out there.   You just have to wade through the ones who can't wait to tell you that you suck for any multitude of reasons.

I definitely agree with you. I have met so many amazingly talented people. I just think it's unnecessary to be an A-hole just for kicks...

Jul 20 06 06:15 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Model Sarah wrote:

Art comes in many forms.

The difference is I know better and don't let it affect me, I sure as fuck don't let it drive me away from a website.

Jul 20 06 06:15 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

KARLOS MATTHEWS wrote:
I'll like to apologize to all the little people who I dismembered, impaled, maimed on my journey to becoming a photographer :p

ROFLMAO!  Umm ... were you so bad you felt the need to make that apology?

Jul 20 06 06:16 pm Link

Model

_Cinnamon_

San Francisco, California, US

I'm surprised this thread is still going. Yes, we all agree that people should not be cruel. Next!

Jul 20 06 06:19 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:

Actually it is possible to have an opinion without expressing it with an arrogant attitude.  There are all kinds of people who may not be able to write in such a way.  I'm sorry your friends were not able to let it wash over them like water when someone sticks their brain in the toilet for a moment to write here. It does take a thick skin and better understanding that although some people can be assholes towards you, there are choices you can make.  Sometimes to ignore it is the best response. 

I fill nothing but pity for mean people, because they are the saddest people around.

Well Bob, that is your opinion.  We all have opinions, and we can all be arrogent assholes at times.  If she builds herself up a bit in her profile, then so what?  That's what we are supposed to do on our profiles, right?  It's marketing, not putting anyone else down by doing so.

Your posts make me think about a scene from the movie 'Animal House". You remember when the guy was on the stairs with a guitar trying to get laid by singing weepy tender balads to a bunch of girls  and John Belushi walks up, grabs his guitar and smashes it to bits. Why do you suppose I thought of that?

Jul 20 06 06:22 pm Link

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

Envy wrote:

The difference is I know better and don't let it affect me, I sure as fuck don't let it drive me away from a website.

If you are STILL refering to my friends who were driven away, you should know that they are my little sisters. Ages 16 and 17, so they haven't quite learned about the assholes out there... Hopefully, they do and don't let it affect them too much...

Jul 20 06 06:23 pm Link

Model

R Sierra

Plano, Texas, US

Eric S. wrote:
All I know is I wanna shoot Kristin...

I was wondering why you'd want to do something so drastic and mean, and then I realized I was thinking out of context. lol.

Jul 20 06 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:

If you are STILL refering to my friends who were driven away, you should know that they are my little sisters. Ages 16 and 17, so they haven't quite learned about the assholes out there... Hopefully, they do and don't let it affect them too much...

Why didn't you just come out and say that people here had been mean to a couple of kids. No one wants to see that happen. And I think you would have suffered fewer flames if any at all if you had been clear and up front. Also, isn't 16 a bit young to be on a site like this. Geeeees, the complications!

Jul 20 06 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

Electra T wrote:

Actually my dad took me icefishing in Mn last year and I may be going to MN for christmas!Guess who i'll be contacting! Sadly, i've never heard of Mankato! Reminds me of Fargot...

Awww, Mankato is only 1.5 hours away from the Cities!!!!!! I'll meet you in the Cities smile

Jul 20 06 06:31 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:

I was speaking for myself. I don't expect everyone to handle themselves the same as I do, especially not teenagers.

Jul 20 06 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

Anderson Artwork

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Krysta...I love that you spoke up on this...snobs and hurtful people are truly a waste of skin.

I am going to be out near you sometime later this year...I hope...I am going to try and shoot with Iona Lyn...who lives very near you...if you would like to shoot while I'm out there...maybe we could have you and Iona come down together and save some on expenses....I love your look and your style!

Again...on your original post...Well Said!

Jul 20 06 06:46 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Krysta Gabrielle wrote:

The mind.... continues to wobble....

Jul 20 06 06:46 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Philosophical epiphany:

We are all lit matches walking around wondering why there are fires.

Realistic epiphany:

Krysta's going to fit right in here...

Jul 20 06 06:49 pm Link

Model

Heidi Brennan

VAN NUYS, California, US

I tried to make this point a few weeks ago in another thread and got torn apart for it. From the responses I glanced over here, you seem to be having better luck.

Jul 20 06 06:50 pm Link

Model

Krysta Gabrielle

Hilo, Hawaii, US

Bob Randall Photography wrote:

When did I EVER SAY EVERYONE?!?!?! I was talking about a select few! LIKE YOU!! I think you are just one of these people that are mean spirited, and just HAS to say something negative, no matter what! (Even when the post was meant to be positive) Do you feel your comment about 'just observations' makes it sound nicer in anyway?? How am I 'overbearing'? Because I said a few nice things about myself in my profile!? Isn't that what this site is about? Trying to say some of the positive things about yourself, so that someone might want to work with me? I didn't hurt anyone by saying something nice about me, did I?

You should see that I changed some of the shit that I wrote, because I recognized they were hypocritical and negative--and changed them to be positive!!  But at least I can admit when I think I was wrong!

Jul 20 06 06:54 pm Link

Photographer

rwspangler

Springfield, Virginia, US

nother friggin soap opera.... someone change the channel please!!!! LOL

Jul 20 06 06:55 pm Link