Forums > General Industry > Clothes Off

Model

Darrin James Malone

Hollywood, Alabama, US

Why do women always take there damn clothes off? I mean, I think implied nudity is enough. I can understand when they are donbg it for a project which could be taken as natural and beautiful, but for the most part, most of these girls and guys are taking nudes that are just NOT tasteful. Do women in particular feel they have to do that for attention? This is a very serious question, I have a lot of respect for women, I guess in a weird way I kinda feel bad...

--DJ

May 31 06 11:43 am Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

::shrug::

May 31 06 11:45 am Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

SHUT UP !    wink

Photographer

Chris Macan

HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania, US

They do it because the photographers ask them to,
And because they want to.

Why is it an issue to you?
You may find less exposure to be more tasteful,
But others may think differently.

(Not to say that there is not lots of tasteless stuff on MM and the Web, but full nude does not equal bad taste)

Photographer

Cassandra Panek

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

somewhere, a dead horse is crying.

May 31 06 11:46 am Link

Photographer

James Graham

Brooklyn, New York, US

If I was as hot as Nerlande, I'd do it in a second...

May 31 06 11:46 am Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

James Graham wrote:
If I was as hot as Nerlande, I'd do it in a second...

I'm naked right now.

May 31 06 11:49 am Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

I'm barely wearing a towel.....

wink

May 31 06 11:50 am Link

Model

Darrin James Malone

Hollywood, Alabama, US

Haha, I know this is all based on MY OPINION, but seriously, I guess I just simply dont understand how some people will show you something I consider private. It's just my opinion though.

May 31 06 11:51 am Link

Photographer

Chris Macan

Synthetic Shadows wrote:
somewhere, a dead horse is crying.

Don't be silly,
That horse is rotting,
it just looks like it's crying, (Those are flies not tears)

May 31 06 11:51 am Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

While I'm not sure what "dongb it for a project" means, the nude female form has been used in art since the dawn of man. And, if you're a religious person, that's the way they started out.

May 31 06 11:53 am Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

Darrin James Malone wrote:
Haha, I know this is all based on MY OPINION, but seriously, I guess I just simply dont understand how some people will show you something I consider private. It's just my opinion though.

We all respect you for not showing us your vagina.

May 31 06 11:53 am Link

Photographer

James Graham

Brooklyn, New York, US

Nerlande wrote:

I'm naked right now.

~sigh...

; )

May 31 06 11:54 am Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Why do women always take there damn clothes off?

Don't ask, just enjoy 'til they sober up big_smile

May 31 06 11:54 am Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

YOUR opinion and YOU concider it private.

not all of us do, some of us a are very happy being nude models.
we write our own scedual, don't work 8 to 10 hours a day,
get to travel to cool places for free,
we get to go to art shows and see our selves on a gallery wall.
we look at books and see our selves in publications.

Some nude boy had to pose for David so I pose for other artists.

For the record I don't have low self estime I have friends and family who love me and support me.

May 31 06 11:56 am Link

Photographer

Done and Gone

Chiredzi, Masvingo, Zimbabwe

Guess you will be missing out on all the fun!! Having clothes on does not make a picture "tasteful" (whatever that is?) by the way.

Have Fun, Take Pictures!!

Photographer

Chris Macan

Maybe the notion that B(o)(o)bies and other bits are privet only applies in your mind?
Why are boy nips ok and girl nips naughty?
It's just a load of crapola that is sold to us in our childhood.

We really would all be better off if we didn't have all these prudish issues

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

I recently had an 18 year old kid earnestly inform me that people like Michaelangelo, Rodin, and Rubens had cheapened humanity with their work.  Oy.

May 31 06 11:57 am Link

Photographer

Collin J. Rae

Winchester, Virginia, US

Why do women always take there damn clothes off? I mean, I think implied nudity is enough. I can understand when they are donbg it for a project which could be taken as natural and beautiful, but for the most part, most of these girls and guys are taking nudes that are just NOT tasteful. Do women in particular feel they have to do that for attention? This is a very serious question, I have a lot of respect for women, I guess in a weird way I kinda feel bad...

--DJ

I have TOO MUCH respect for them to allow them to wear silly clothing.

May 31 06 11:57 am Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

I can tell you why I shoot nudes, irrespective of the subjective art issue -

Sex. Sells.

Period. If I take sexy photos and put them in a book or in a calendar, all involved get paid because people open their wallets to buy the images.

I may be making art, and the model may be making art, but even though we have what some might consider "higher" purposes, the bottom line is that people buy the product.

Now if you want to moralize against that, be my guest. I enjoy watching people tilt at windmills.

May 31 06 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

John Paul Marchand

Tucson, Arizona, US

"Not tasteful" is in the eye of the beholder.  Period.   
It IS your opinion and one should know better. 
The models and photographers involved in "those kind of shoots" are obviousy fine with it. They don't have guns held to their heads.  I also LIKE some of the harder stuff on here.
Composition, lighting, the creativity of all involved are STILL happening, if you get beyond your moral code for a second!

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Chris Macan wrote:
Maybe the notion that B(o)(o)bies and other bits are privet only applies in your mind?
Why are boy nips ok and girl nips naughty?
It's just a load of crapola that is sold to us in our childhood.

We really would all be better off if we didn't have all these prudish issues

I am so sick of my guy friends taking of their shirts when it gets hot and just being able to hop in a hot tub but Nooo I have to keep mine on. Screw that.

Photographer

Sanders McNew

New York, New York, US

Nerlande wrote:
I'm naked right now.

We are all naked under our clothes.

May 31 06 12:01 pm Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I happen to enjoy being nude, whether its in front of a camera or not. I'd be perfectly content if the weather were about 80 degrees with about 45% humidity. I'd be naked ALL the time. It has nothing to do with the camera.

And as others have said, "tasteless" has NO bearing on whether or not there are clothes involved. Why do people seem to always want to confuse the two?

May 31 06 12:02 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

NC17 wrote:
I happen to enjoy being nude, whether its in front of a camera or not. I'd be perfectly content if the weather were about 80 degrees with about 45% humidity. I'd be naked ALL the time. It has nothing to do with the camera.

And as others have said, "tasteless" has NO bearing on whether or not there are clothes involved. Why do people seem to always want to confuse the two?

You should come to florida. Right now it's 88 degrees here with moderate humidity, you'd love it.

May 31 06 12:04 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
I am so sick of my guy friends taking of their shirts when it gets hot and just being able to hop in a hot tub but Nooo I have to keep mine on. Screw that.

Come visit. I have a strict no-clothing-allowed policy for my hot tub. Seriously, clothing releases detergents and lint into the system and degrades the water quality and filtration.

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Nerlande wrote:

We all respect you for not showing us your vagina.

I am so gay , I can't stand naked women. It makes me sick. Where are the boys?

Photographer

Lens N Light

Bradford, Vermont, US

For me, it depends on what the nudity says in the image. I think my image "Moon Maiden" would say nothing, (or something very different) if Isabel were wearing a bikini. (or anything for that matter.

May 31 06 12:11 pm Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Is this a trick question?

May 31 06 12:12 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Shyly wrote:
I recently had an 18 year old kid earnestly inform me that people like Michaelangelo, Rodin, and Rubens had cheapened humanity with their work.  Oy.

Oy. Indeed.

May 31 06 12:16 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Iona Lynn wrote:

If it makes you feel any better, the next time you come to my place, you are more than welcome to strip down anytime you get hot.

May 31 06 12:18 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Why do women always take there damn clothes off?

I bet you're alot of fun in bed.

"Honey, I respect you so please put your god forsaken clothes on.
We will just dryhump through the sheets".

May 31 06 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

White River Junction, Vermont, US

Why do women always take there damn clothes off? I mean, I think implied nudity is enough.

--DJ

Fashions come and go, but a beautiful nude is timeless.

May 31 06 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

UnSeenYou

Cleveland, Ohio, US

I see what you mean ... to a point.  For the most part, the images are more girly than artistic.  I prefer art to girly, but girly get's more money.  Like a few people stated, jokingly in some cases, but true for many ... a lot of people are unclothed most of their daily life when home so they are comfortable around the camera unclothed. 

Me and my friends (men, women, familes, ...) are USUSALLY unclothed when we socialize.  We snap pics all of the time, yet most of them will never pose for those of us who are photographers.   Go figure.

May 31 06 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

UnSeenYou

Cleveland, Ohio, US

I see what you mean ... to a point.  For the most part, the images are more girly than artistic.  I prefer art to girly, but girly get's more money.  Like a few people stated, jokingly in some cases, but true for many ... a lot of people are unclothed most of their daily life when home so they are comfortable around the camera unclothed. 

Me and my friends (men, women, familes, ...) are USUSALLY unclothed when we socialize.  We snap pics all of the time, yet most of them will never pose for those of us who are photographers.   Go figure.

May 31 06 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

To paraphrase something I heard about kids. Clothes should be seen and not worn.

May 31 06 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

Taurus Artworks

Wilmington, Delaware, US

I'm new at this but I quickly realized nudes are the best - especially when they're tasteful...  Lens'N'Light has a good point - the "Moons&Maidens" shot wouldn't look right with clothing... my "Box" shots & some of my other material wouldn't work with clothes... and once again, all tasteful in my opinion...

Lastly, my mailbox is loaded with catalogs & junk mail... Boston Proper, Chico's, Lands End,... no nudes whatsoever & they land in the recycle bin... beautiful for sure but nothing special...

--Tony

PS - Nude models are great!

Photographer

Nihilus

Nashville, Tennessee, US

The capybaras make them do it. And who would argue with this face?
https://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:xutu2FkElPBmxM:www.stlzoo.org/images/capybara_med.jpg

Photographer

HerbP

Winter Springs, Florida, US

NC17 wrote:

You need to move to Florida and join Cypress Cove or one of the other nudist resorts where you can walk around nude almost every day of the year. Or, if you are in the Central Florida area just on a visit, drop by our house and enjoy skinny dipping in our pool and getting an allover tan on a pool raft.

May 31 06 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

Adams Photography

Eufaula, Alabama, US

Either you like it or you don't. You pose nude or you don't. You take nude photographs or you don't. You drink beer or you don't. I like Vodka,nudity and taking pictures. Not in that order though. No reason to make an issue of it. I don't understand why people jump out of perfectly good airplanes, but I don't try to understand it either. Relax. Take pictures. Enjoy life.

May 31 06 12:32 pm Link