Forums > General Industry > Clothes Off

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Because Nude is the new Black, that's why.

May 31 06 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

Nick Ryder

Walnut Creek, California, US

I suspect that many are using the "artistic nude" angle or just interested in the female body form yadda-yadda, but, I'd venture to say that for many, it's just mirrors and smoke, a great way to rationalize their well hidden perversions.

Granted, there are actually a few that do great work and I am very impressed with their skills and talents. However, I maintain, for many it's a "dog & pony" show, "oh yes, the artistic expression of the modern woman, it shows their struggle in society and yet their strength as a female"...blah-blah-blah  (underneath all that is some hyena type manical screaming and hand rubbing).

For me, it's the gwc syndrome, some Slick trying to pass themselves needing a "TFP, nudes? TFP?",  yeech!

I understand your plight, and it is somewhat disturbing to see young gorgeous women being bamboozled into doing a nude session with a PWC (pervert with a camera). Perhaps a year or so down the line they will think differently, the pics will be around for a lifetime.

Bottom line, models, new faces (especially those who are career motivated and are in this for the long haul), should think out their choices carefully. In my opinion, this is why some gwc's don't like managers or agencies, they get in the way of their "nude sessions". If the model isn't really career oriented, then nothing matters, they can make choices on what suits them at the moment and any future ramifications have no real impact on them one way or another.

Well, that's one man's thoughts, and it may be somewhat different than the status quo, it's good sound advice.

Nick

May 31 06 12:34 pm Link

Model

Kallizm

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Nerlande wrote:

We all respect you for not showing us your vagina.

Nerlande, best. comeback. ever.

((and I don't mean to be rude to the OP))

May 31 06 12:37 pm Link

Photographer

YeagerVision

Los Angeles, California, US

Darrin James Malone wrote:
Haha, I know this is all based on MY OPINION...

This is based on your bias, not your opinion.  You said why do models "always" take off their clothes.  You're seeing something which doesn't exist.

I did a random sample of 50 MM profiles:

24 (48%) were models
26 (52%) were photographers
13 out of 26 (50%) photographer profiles contained nude images
70 out of 1022 (6.98%) images contained nudity
6 out of 24 (25%) model portfolios contained nudity
6 out of 24 (25%) models emphatically stated would not pose nude
27 out of 418 (6.45%)  images on model profiles contain nudity

So out of models, only 14th have any nudity at all, so "always"  is a false observation.  In fact, 14 of model profiles emphatically stated "NO NUDITY" so by your standards, no model poses nude.

Be an artist, accept the art of others.  Quit bitchin'

May 31 06 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

HerbP

Winter Springs, Florida, US

The pictures posted here on MM are a long, long ways from a "Dog and Pony show"!

May 31 06 12:42 pm Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

Nerlande wrote:

Sean Aikins wrote:
Nerlande, best. comeback. ever.

((and I don't mean to be rude to the OP))

I try. smile

May 31 06 12:43 pm Link

Photographer

M Coleman Photography

Olympia, Washington, US

Ok...So, outside of the photography world, Nude is better.  If a skater and a lawyer pass on the street, they both form immediate first opinions of eachother... Something like this: "Damn skater punks.." "Stuffy ass business men...".
Now, two naked dudes walk by eachother on the street... There is no preconcieved notions about the persons personality based on the fashion of the other person.  In day to day life, no one ever approaches me to say hi or introduce themselves.  People say I look to "hard", or "unaproachable".  But, at nudist resorts, I meet all kinds of people.  Bikers, lawyers, skaters, doctors, etc... And, you never know anything about them until you start talking to them...
My wife and I are nude whenever it's warm enough, and we won't get arrested for it.  Resorts, beaches, with friends, etc...

"One man you don`t catch with his pants down is a nudist."
- David Letterman
"If we were meant to be nude, we would have been born that way."
- Saying
I`m completely nude under my clothes!
- Slogan
"On the fourth day of telecommuting, I realized that clothes are totally unnecessary."
- Dilbert
"Some day people will grow up and realize that the only thing vile about human bodies is the small minds some people have developed within them."
- Dick Hein
"It`s easier to make friends of naturists than to make naturists out of friends."
- Dave Williams
"There are those who so dislike the nude that they find something indecent in the naked truth"
- F H Bradley
If it is so dirty to be a nudist, than one day I hope to be nothing but a pile of dirt!
- Comment
"Nudists beware! Your end is in sight!"
- Sign at Church Entrance
We may not see you often, but we see more of you.
- Common Saying
-“For my exercise video, we had this big wooden podium set up in the middle of Saline Beach, and I would do all the exercises, and it would end up that the people on vacation there on the beach would do the exercises with me for fun. Then, at the end of the day, we would take off all of our clothes and go running into the water."
Claudia Schiffer, American Way Magazine, Dec 1 1996
"A child who has never been allowed to see his parents and brothers and sisters naked sees nudity as something shocking."
- Dr. Helga Fleischhauer-Hardt, Show Me (New York: St. Martin`s Press, 1975).
"Being natural and matter-of-fact about nudity prevents your children from developing an attitude of shame or disgust about the human body. If parents are very secretive about their bodies and go to great lengths to prevent their children from ever seeing a buttock or breast, children will wonder what is so unusual, and even alarming, about human nudity."
- Dr. Lee Salk, Psychiatrist, (from an article in McCall`s Magazine, June 1976).
"I come from a country where you don`t wear clothes most of the year. Nudity is the most natural state. I was born nude and I hope to be buried nude."
- Elle MacPherson, Australian model and actress.
"The girl with dark hair was coming towards him across the field. With what seemed a single movement she tore off her clothes and flung them disdainfully aside. Her body was white and smooth, but it aroused no desire in him, indeed he barely looked at it. What overwhelmed him in that instant was admiration for the gesture with which she had thrown her clothes aside. With all its grace and carelessness it seemed to annihilate a whole [oppressive] culture, a whole system of thought."
- From a dream scene in George Orwell`s "1984"
"What spirit is so empty and blind, that it cannot recognize the fact that the foot is more noble than the shoe, and skin more beautiful that the garment with which it is clothed?"
- Michaelangelo
Gymnasium" is Greek for "nude place"
"The best dress for walking is nakedness."
- Colin Fletcher, "The Complete Walker III", opening of Chapter 8
After it was found in practice to be better to strip than to cover up all those parts, then what was ridiculous to the eyes faded away in the face of what argument showed to be best.
- Plato, Republic 452d
The guardian women must strip for physical training, since they`ll wear virtue instead of clothes.
- Plato, Republic 457a
"We are all naked in the eyes of the Lord!"
- Peter Boyle in "The Dream Team"
"Sweet, sane, still Nakedness in Nature! --ah if poor, sick, prurient humanity in cities might really know you once more! Is not nakedness then indecent? No, not inherently. It is your thought, your sophistication, your fear, your respectibility that is indecent. There come moods when these clothes of ours are not only too irksome to wear, but are themselves indecent. Perhaps indeed he or she to whom the free exhilarating extasy of nakedness in Nature has never been eligible (and how many thousands there are!) has not really known what purity is--nor what faith or art or health really is."
- Walt Whitman, "A Sun-Bath--Nakedness" in "Specimen Days"
A Nudist is simply a human being without 'Artificial Additives'!
"...Nowhere, he thought with satisfaction, could there be a group of young ladies that wasted less time upon frivol and froth. No fluffy-duff primping, no feather, no fuss. They were simply themselves and chose not to disquise it."
- Dr. Seuss`s "The Seven Lady Godivas" Random House 1939.
"We are so narrow minded that we show war, murder, rape, etc. on TV, but we do not allow to show one of the most wonderfull creations (the human body) in its natural form."
Mario Roman
"Yet could it be possible, in the long run, to wear clothes without learning modesty, and through modesty lasciviousness?"
- C. S. Lewis in "Perelandra"
"If it`s so dirty to be naked, why do we get naked to get clean?"
- Bryan Maloney
"42 men were prosecuted at Atlantic City NJ in 1935 for appearing in public wearing bathing suits without tops. How many more years do we have to go for top-free equality?"
- David Engman
"It is an interesting question how far people would retain their relative rank if they were divested of their clothes."
- Henry David Thoreau
"For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life"
-2 Corinthians 5:4
"Put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
- Exodus 13:5
"Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord"
- (Job, 1:21).
"His disciples asked, 'When will you become revealed to us and when shall we see you?' Jesus answered, 'When you disrobe without being ashamed and take up your garments and place them under your feet like little children and tread on them, then will you see the son of the Living One, and you will not be afraid.'"
- From the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas
Quoting from Genesis, "They were nude but they were not ashamed." Furthermore, because God created it, "The human body can remain nude and uncovered and preserve its splendor and its beauty."
- Pope John Paul II

May 31 06 12:46 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Koz

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

Haha, I know this is all based on MY OPINION, but seriously, I guess I just simply dont understand how some people will show you something I consider private. It's just my opinion though.

There's the key: "I consider private". Not everyone lives by your set of standards .. and I suspect you'd be a little uncomfortable if someone tried to enforce their beliefs on you.

Out of curiosity, why are YOU so concerned about what OTHER PEOPLE do? Have you been elected hall monitor? If models do nudes, you're not obligated to work with them. You can take a pass. Why is it such a problem?

May 31 06 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

Darrin, when you said, "nudes that are just not tasteful," you forgot to type "IMHO."  smile

Edit:  OK, in your second post, you did say that this is just your opinion.

May 31 06 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

Sanders McNew

New York, New York, US

Nick Ryder wrote:
I suspect that many are using the "artistic nude" angle or just interested in the female body form yadda-yadda, but, I'd venture to say that for many, it's just mirrors and smoke, a great way to rationalize their well hidden perversions. (snip)

Nick, those are pretty harsh words, and they voice sharp presumptions.  Considering that your own portfolio here contains only female models, mostly dressed in skimpy attire showing tons of cleavage, I wonder whether your post's presumptions are simply reflecting your own feelings about the role of women in photography?

Sanders.

May 31 06 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Why do women always take there damn clothes off? I mean, I think implied nudity is enough. I can understand when they are donbg it for a project which could be taken as natural and beautiful, but for the most part, most of these girls and guys are taking nudes that are just NOT tasteful. Do women in particular feel they have to do that for attention? This is a very serious question, I have a lot of respect for women, I guess in a weird way I kinda feel bad...

--DJ

Dude you need to get out more...

May 31 06 01:04 pm Link

Model

Nemesis73

Dayton, Alabama, US

Ask Michelangelo why he sculpted David nude when he could have sculpted him in robes.

Nemi

May 31 06 01:09 pm Link

Model

wannabnaked

New York, New York, US

some of us enjoy getting naked and showing off our bodies in a way that other people may feel is taboo.  Look at Maplethorps work someday.

May 31 06 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
YOUR opinion and YOU concider it private.

not all of us do, some of us a are very happy being nude models.
we write our own scedual, don't work 8 to 10 hours a day,
get to travel to cool places for free,
we get to go to art shows and see our selves on a gallery wall.
we look at books and see our selves in publications.

Some nude boy had to pose for David so I pose for other artists.

For the record I don't have low self estime I have friends and family who love me and support me.

Iona, i see you are lacking the proper contingent of shame in your life.
please rectify this glaring problem and report back ASAP.
we'll have a veil waiting for you in the office.

May 31 06 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
I am so sick of my guy friends taking of their shirts when it gets hot and just being able to hop in a hot tub but Nooo I have to keep mine on. Screw that.

I'm not gonna turn the AC on. Ever. I'll force people into getting naked out of necessity.

May 31 06 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

Justin N Lane

Brooklyn, New York, US

The world needs more honest nudity.

May 31 06 01:39 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Nerlande wrote:
I'm naked right now.

Me too!

May 31 06 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

UnsinnImage

I'd think anybody who respects women wouldn't be so quick to slam them with a patronizing and narrow morality simply because they ARE women.

I respect a woman even MORE when she models nude...because it's hard to be that open...especially in a climate that would spawn a post like this.

Who defines what is "natural" or "beautiful" or "tasteful?"

Three wholly subjective...and therefore meaningless...buzz words.

The wonder of free speech is they have the right to do what they want with their bodies...and you have the right to ignore it.

But, I'll tell you one thing...anything good enough for Botticelli's Venus, Marilyn Monroe and Shannen Doherty is good enough for me.

Damn...I'm getting THAT printed on a t-shirt.

May 31 06 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

Nick Ryder

Sanders McNew wrote:
Nick, those are pretty harsh words, and they voice sharp presumptions.  Considering that your own portfolio here contains only female models, mostly dressed in skimpy attire showing tons of cleavage, I wonder whether your post's presumptions are simply reflecting your own feelings about the role of women in photography?

I actually laughed out loud after reading your profile, i can see where you would take offense from my post....

I still maintain that "IF" a model is career minded, her well being is not being served by participating in random nude shoots and having that kind of exposure out in the world. The other side of the coin, if the model is consentual and fully understands the ramifications of her behavior, then, so be it.

The modeling pool is FULL of young models, models who are more committed to "knowing" the answers as opposed to understanding the questions, these models are shooting themselves in the foot everyday. It's all good, it's a weeding out process, for every model who nails her foot the floor, it opens up another possibility for a new model to try.

As i have stated, I am a hobbyist photographer, trying real hard to adjust to a world gone digital...

May 31 06 01:57 pm Link

Photographer

Sidney Etienne

Brooklyn, New York, US

Nerlande wrote:

oh man, nerlande, you crack me up!

May 31 06 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

YeagerVision

Nick Ryder wrote:
..."IF" a model is career minded, her well being is not being served by participating in random nude shoots and having that kind of exposure out in the world.

Parhaps, perhaps not.  I can't imagine an agency or casting agent saying "Melanie, you're PERFECT for out needs, but there's that shot on Model Mayhem in which your can see your nipple....so, we can't use you." 

Maybe that could happen, who know?  I do know that more than a few photographers on this site have written that they would NOT use models who refused to shoot nude, even on clothed shoots, because they felt restrictive models negatively affect the shoot. 

On the other hand, I have seen portfolios by beginning models in which almost all the pictures are nude.  I think that represents that that model is primarily interested in shooting nude.  If that's the case, fine, but if she wants to be considered for more legit shoots, I'd advise only having a shot or two.

Depends on the shot too, of course, I don't have to elaborate on that, I'm sure.

Takes all kinds, there are no rules.

May 31 06 02:12 pm Link

Photographer

Graham Walker

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Synthetic Shadows wrote:
somewhere, a dead horse is crying.

Make that a Dead Parrot.

And now for something completely different ...

May 31 06 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Eric Tragedy wrote:
Fashions come and go, but a beautiful nude is timeless.

That's a great line. I'm gonna have to steal it, if you don't mind.

May 31 06 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

Graham Walker

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Iona Lynn wrote:

I am so sick of my guy friends taking of their shirts when it gets hot and just being able to hop in a hot tub but Nooo I have to keep mine on. Screw that.

Come to Toronto or at least Ontario where it's legal for women to walk around topless in public for non-commercial reasons.  Read this:  http://www.fcn.ca/Gwen.html

May 31 06 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

Justin N Lane

Brooklyn, New York, US

Graham Walker wrote:

Make that a Dead Parrot.

And now for something completely different ...

It's not dead, its just stunned.

May 31 06 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

Graham Walker

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Justin N Lane wrote:

It's not dead, its just stunned.

'e's pining for the fjords!

May 31 06 02:24 pm Link

Photographer

Dan Olek

Rochester, New York, US

Tasteful nudes are created as a celebration of beauty.

Models pose for various reasons.  Something to show their grandkids.  Ego.  Boyfriend.  Fetish.  The list goes on.

Nude imagery, like all is subjective.

Deal with it.

May 31 06 02:25 pm Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Mark Reese Photography wrote:
You should come to florida. Right now it's 88 degrees here with moderate humidity, you'd love it.

HerbP wrote:
You need to move to Florida and join Cypress Cove or one of the other nudist resorts where you can walk around nude almost every day of the year. Or, if you are in the Central Florida area just on a visit, drop by our house and enjoy skinny dipping in our pool and getting an allover tan on a pool raft.

Dang, Florida must be a happy naked place tongue
And to think my parents moved away from there when I was 3... oh yeah, well theres that whole hurricane thing.... Hmmm.....

May 31 06 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

NC17 wrote:

Mark Reese Photography wrote:
You should come to florida. Right now it's 88 degrees here with moderate humidity, you'd love it.

Dang, Florida must be a happy naked place tongue
And to think my parents moved away from there when I was 3... oh yeah, well theres that whole hurricane thing.... Hmmm.....

Well, you DO have to take some bad with every bit of good, ya know.

May 31 06 02:30 pm Link

Photographer

Nick Ryder

YeagerVision wrote:
Parhaps, perhaps not.  I can't imagine an agency or casting agent saying "Melanie, you're PERFECT for out needs, but there's that shot on Model Mayhem in which your can see your nipple....so, we can't use you." 

Maybe that could happen, who know?  I do know that more than a few photographers on this site have written that they would NOT use models who refused to shoot nude, even on clothed shoots, because they felt restrictive models negatively affect the shoot. 

On the other hand, I have seen portfolios by beginning models in which almost all the pictures are nude.  I think that represents that that model is primarily interested in shooting nude.  If that's the case, fine, but if she wants to be considered for more legit shoots, I'd advise only having a shot or two.

Depends on the shot too, of course, I don't have to elaborate on that, I'm sure.

Takes all kinds, there are no rules.

It amazes me how the "photographers" come out swinging and use quotes out of context to support their arguement. First, I said  >

You turned that into ; 

May 31 06 02:40 pm Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Pattaya, Central, Thailand

Why do women always take there damn clothes off? I mean, I think implied nudity is enough. I can understand when they are donbg it for a project which could be taken as natural and beautiful, but for the most part, most of these girls and guys are taking nudes that are just NOT tasteful. Do women in particular feel they have to do that for attention? This is a very serious question, I have a lot of respect for women, I guess in a weird way I kinda feel bad...

--DJ

I dunno -- why the hell do people do the stuff they do? I mean, why do people who are 50 lbs overweight eat McDonalds fries and burgers? Why do people listen to that silly rap music that is totally obsessed with bling and booty? Why are the meanest, nastiest people I know also the most religious? Why are republicans acting like democrats these days, and democrats are acting like republicans?

And why, why do so many people obsess on the concept of "tastefulness?"

The world is full of deep questions.

May 31 06 02:48 pm Link

Photographer

PDXImaging

Lake Oswego, Oregon, US

Envy wrote:

I bet you're alot of fun in bed.

"Honey, I respect you so please put your god forsaken clothes on.
We will just dryhump through the sheets".

ok, now that was funny...  LOL

May 31 06 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

Duncan

New York, New York, US

Why do women always take there damn clothes off? --DJ

Because they are "Damned"  thats why and if they keep it on they are going to HELL.

( note to self-never hire Darrin he is a downer!)

May 31 06 02:59 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
YOUR opinion and YOU concider it private.

not all of us do, some of us a are very happy being nude models.
we write our own scedual, don't work 8 to 10 hours a day,
get to travel to cool places for free,
we get to go to art shows and see our selves on a gallery wall.
we look at books and see our selves in publications.

Some nude boy had to pose for David so I pose for other artists.

For the record I don't have low self estime I have friends and family who love me and support me.

And you're also a great model with your clothes on!!

May 31 06 03:11 pm Link

Photographer

YeagerVision

Mr Ryder:

Easy, Tiger.

I didn't take you out of context.  Your sentence read:  "I still maintain that "IF" a model is career minded, her well being is not being served by participating in random nude shoots and having that kind of exposure out in the world."  I took out "I still maintain" which doesn't take away the meaning of the sentence.

Didn't you think my scenario with "Melanie" was kinda funny?  I did.  Don't be so serious.  This is an internet site.  Most people consider topless, nude, frontal, etc as one genere.  No need to split hairs between an exposed nipple and a full, frontal nude. 

There are no absolutes.  You may have alot of experience, but in the scope of the whole world, your experience is yours, and doesn't represent the whole industry. 

I was responding to your post, to your words.  Part of a dialog.  Relax.  You don't have to throw out words like ninny, put photographers in quotes in order to put yourself above me.  It's a conversation, and I'm not telling you how to practice your art, don't tell me how to practice mine.

Perhaps you're the greatest still photographer in all of North America, yet here, on a free internet site, all our opinions are equal, and opinions. 

Make good points without attacking anyone who disagrees with you.  It'll make you sound like you have confidence in your opinions.

May 31 06 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

"Why do women always take there damn clothes off? I mean, I think implied nudity is enough. I can understand when they are donbg it for a project which could be taken as natural and beautiful, but for the most part, most of these girls and guys are taking nudes that are just NOT tasteful."

I've waited for years for the right time to say this; If you don't know, I can't explain it to you.

The nude female figure is the most beautiful thing in this universe. As a photographer of the nude, it's my job to show that beauty.

http://www.distinctiveimages.com

May 31 06 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

Nick Ryder

I do have passion about this subject/topic because so many models are convinced to take it lightly, "Aw-shucks, it's only nudes". Please, if a model is consentual, if a photographer is consentual, I have NO problems, if you knew me, you'd know that this is NOT a conversation about morals ( or what's right or wrong ). Personally, I am pretty much a "live and let live" type of guy.

With that said, I see on a consistent basis girls who have had a camera practically rammed up their asses by some freak who has a booty fetish, ( or fill in the blank for breast fetish ). As the the OP stated, that is sad, the see new faces often take the advice of a photographer simply because they trust them and think they know what they are talking about.

My website is filled with T & A, the most gorgeous models on the planet, so trust me, I am not a prude by a long stretch of the imagination. I see a lot of potentially HOT girls who were talked into or tricked into doing bogus nudes, only to have the photographer scatter them all over the Internet and have them and their gwc buddies tag them with "Last time I saw an ass like that, it was pulling a plow" type comments. It's disheartening that these men would befriend and yuck-yuck-yuck, "I am your buddy-pal, aw-w-w just undo one button, one more, just take the top off, show some nipple, it's all good"... the end result is complete and total dorsal nudity. Then later on in their career they get a break, a major magazine, then out come the "nudes" again and become scandalous materials used against the model.

There are girls that love doing nudes and that is primarily their thing, God Bless'em...for them they usually know the deal. I think the thing that disgusts people like me are the guys who prey upon the girls and get their jollies by getting a young girl naked. Who benefits? What good are second rate nudes with bad poses and crappy exposures? That is the true meaning of GWC in my book....

If I offended you, I apologize, but, this is something that I am passionate about, I hate seeing girls getting taken adevantage of by Perverts with Cameras ( and they are so oblivious they don't even know it). A gentleman would say, "Hey, you're new and why don't you just wait on us taking nudes, it's probably not best for you at this juncture in your career."   We know that ain't gonna happen, so I will continue with my crusade!  :-)

May 31 06 03:51 pm Link

Photographer

YeagerVision

Nick Ryder wrote:
I do have passion about this subject/topic because so many models are convinced to take it lightly, "Aw-shucks, it's only nudes". Please, if a model is consentual, if a photographer is consentual, I have NO problems, if you knew me, you'd know that this is NOT a conversation about morals ( or what's right or wrong ). Personally, I am pretty much a "live and let live" type of guy.

With that said, I see on a consistent basis girls who have had a camera practically rammed up their asses by some freak who has a booty fetish, ( or fill in the blank for breast fetish ). As the the OP stated, that is sad, the see new faces often take the advice of a photographer simply because they trust them and think they know what they are talking about.

My website is filled with T & A, the most gorgeous models on the planet, so trust me, I am not a prude by a long stretch of the imagination. I see a lot of potentially HOT girls who were talked into or tricked into doing bogus nudes, only to have the photographer scatter them all over the Internet and have them and their gwc buddies tag them with "Last time I saw an ass like that, it was pulling a plow" type comments. It's disheartening that these men would befriend and yuck-yuck-yuck, "I am your buddy-pal, aw-w-w just undo one button, one more, just take the top off, show some nipple, it's all good"... the end result is complete and total dorsal nudity. Then later on in their career they get a break, a major magazine, then out come the "nudes" again and become scandalous materials used against the model.

There are girls that love doing nudes and that is primarily their thing, God Bless'em...for them they usually know the deal. I think the thing that disgusts people like me are the guys who prey upon the girls and get their jollies by getting a young girl naked. Who benefits? What good are second rate nudes with bad poses and crappy exposures? That is the true meaning of GWC in my book....

If I offended you, I apologize, but, this is something that I am passionate about, I hate seeing girls getting taken adevantage of by Perverts with Cameras ( and they are so oblivious they don't even know it). A gentleman would say, "Hey, you're new and why don't you just wait on us taking nudes, it's probably not best for you at this juncture in your career."   We know that ain't gonna happen, so I will continue with my crusade!  :-)

I understand from where you are coming. We're having a clash of passion!   I'm not one of those guys who you resent so much.  I am a libertarian and an artist who chooses to live in the world of free expression.

I respect your opinions and I'm always glad to tangle with people of conviction, intelligence and passion.  Thank you for your post.

May 31 06 03:59 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

This is equally as inane as the "Why won't models get nekkid" threads.

To each, his or her own.  If you don't like it, don't look.  Some will do it for cash.  Others attention.  Others because they were asked.  Some are even coerced (it happens). 

But in the end, there's someone in the camera at the place where these people get naked.  By and large it's a choice.  Last time I checked, we were allowed to make those choice without providing any reason deeper than "Just because..."

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
I am so gay , I can't stand naked women. It makes me sick. Where are the boys?

Finally, the truth comes out...

May 31 06 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Old Ska Punk

Crivitz, Wisconsin, US

Why do women always take there damn clothes off?

If God hadn't intended women to be naked, he wouldn't have made them so damn purdy.

May 31 06 04:20 pm Link