Forums > General Industry > When the model strips nude in front of you

Photographer

WillSpringfield

Los Angeles, California, US

Adeforall wrote:
What of Photog's that just wanna see you naked when you wanna change in the room. I'll never do TFP again with so called lustful photogs who gratify their flesh by trying to peep to your privacy. Even though he knew I have a girl..he was still saying he wanna help me to adjust my pant. I had to shun him which made him ended the shoot.

Yes..Model can avoid ensnaring the hearts of these weak photogs who either derive fantasy from 5 minutes of pleasure during shoots. I don't mind changing in front of Photog who dosen't seems to care, but the one trying to push too hard means I'll be careful to change in a separate room.

I hope I'm not off beat from this thread.

Personal experience from my first TFP. It was a regret.

HAAA ive been THERE B4.  but who cares... when a photographer is IN TO YOU. you will get the HOTTEST images. photographers shoot better when they are attracted to you because they SEE you (or your look)

Mar 14 06 02:08 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

Paramour Productions wrote:
Dude, America was founded by Puritans.  A group of people so uptight, your forefathers (not the most laid back at the time) had to tell them to get the F out...

I'm southern European, if we don't get a healthy dose of nudity once a day, we feel deprived...

yeah and those Puritans were a bunch of undercover freaks just like the forefathers.

Mar 14 06 02:17 am Link

Photographer

Alex Mercatali

Forlì, Emilia-Romagna, Italy

to answer the original question, the first time it happened, I was so "what the hell she's doing?" and turned my back to her. now I almost don't care.
nude or non nude shots, whatever, if they doesn't mind, why am I?
but well, I'm such a teddy bear that probably anyone could be naked in front of me sad
on a side note, did a implied nude shots yesterday, she undressed in the bathroom, but after that, she felt comfortable to remain naked one shots after the other.

the funniest time for now, about naked models, was when I was doing backstage photos of a gay/lesbian runaway, they all knew that I was, ehm still I'm, hetero, and only some of them did jokes in front my coz it was really embarassing to be the only one outsider allowed to be in.

Mar 14 06 02:29 am Link

Model

Chantellee

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

thats really funny lol i did that today infact im still at the shoot having a wonderful time!!

Mar 14 06 02:57 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Los Angeles, California, US

William, you make it sound like a bad thing?!!!  This, along with breasts popping out on runways is what we photographers live for!

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Mar 14 06 03:57 am Link

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

JenniferMaria wrote:

What a proud & graceful moment. teehee At least you didn't fall.

lol no doubt.  this is why I don't find undressing during modeling sexy at all. hahaha

Mar 14 06 05:52 am Link

Photographer

Wild Shotz

Clayton, Delaware, US

thank God for creating woman and go about your business.

Mar 14 06 06:25 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

As folks keep saying: it's normal.

I have a changing area which is just a few feet from the shooting area, and it's where the makeup takes place as well, so it doesn't happen much now, but it does from time to time. If we're shooting, and something isn't working, I'll hand the model the replacement, and instead of walking ten feet, she'll (so far, none of the male models have done this) change on set. Which is only an issue when there's nothing fr the model to sit on or balance against. (That part I don't understand; why stand/hop on one foot when there's chairs 5 seconds away?)

There's a studio I occasionally use which has 2 shooting stages. The changing rooms/bathrooms for both are reached via the smaller 'studio'. I've frequently been shooting in the smaller area and had a model walk in naked to get to the bathroom...which is sometimes an issue for the people I'm photographing when I'm doing portraits. It happened one time during a family portrait with Mom/Dad/teen son/pre-teen son. The older boy was interested, but I spoke with the other photographer and it didn't happen again that session.

Mar 14 06 06:34 am Link

Photographer

Kilmer Photography

Boothwyn, Pennsylvania, US

Ahh..OK..I said "phase" instead of "faze". God, what was I thinking? I need a proof reader every day.

Mar 14 06 07:36 am Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

JAY carreon wrote:
William, you make it sound like a bad thing?!!!  This, along with breasts popping out on runways is what we photographers live for!

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Shhh!  Somebody will hear you!

Mar 14 06 07:49 am Link

Photographer

images by elahi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

problem might have been if you had started stripping too..........

Mar 14 06 07:55 am Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

theda wrote:
As has been pointed out numerous times, if you spend any time at all backstage for runway, theater or dance, you get used to everyone being naked.

I used to ride my bicycle to and from work over the Brooklyn Bridge, every day, passing spectacular views of New York harbor and lower Manhattan.  Most people seemed to ignore the view.  I never got used to it.  It was a source of enjoyment and wonder almost every day (less so in the rain!).  Nowadays, I work near Broadway/Times Square.  Still not used to the view, and I've lived in NYC most of my life.  Lucky me.  Theda, because you and most people, maybe, get used to things, doesn't mean everybody does.  As these forums show every day, we humans are very varied in our reactions to the same thing.  I still say, silently or openly, "Oh, wow!"  One day, that will die.  Not soon, I hope.

Mar 14 06 08:16 am Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

images by elahi wrote:
problem might have been if you had started stripping too..........

If I ever have that urge, I promise to resist it.  :-)

Mar 14 06 08:18 am Link

Photographer

David A

Pleasant Grove, Utah, US

DeBoer Photography wrote:

Even when working with a nude model, you don't have the "right" to photograph her in the nude "anytime" you want.  The model should be aware of when the camera is clicking...

Otherwise, she isn't modeling but being caught off guard...

Always ask...and if you see a shot that looks good when the model isn't posing, shoot and ask...and if she doesn't approve...destroy it.

Just because you hire someone to model doesn't give you the right to take pictures when they aren't modeling...

Yes, you're right of course.  That's not what really what I intended by my post.  My intent was that we could have gone into the nude part of the shoot by a simple request.  Lifes too short to have to explain every possible inerpretation of a statement on a web forum.

Mar 14 06 11:34 am Link

Photographer

visionmedia

Troy, Michigan, US

Nudity is no big deal...I once had a model use me as a clothes hanger. Bra on one shoulder and panties on the other shoulder... dress in one hand and shoes in the other... and while this was going on, we were talking about the high gas prices.
Who could figure?

Mar 14 06 11:51 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

So Wiiliam, was that a nude male model?
I need your expertise.

I have  a tranny(scatch that), a unique peron scheduled.

How do I get him to move his member out the way?
How do I light that without overexposure?

Mar 14 06 11:53 am Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

visionmedia wrote:
Nudity is no big deal...I once had a model use me as a clothes hanger. Bra on one shoulder and panties on the other shoulder... dress in one hand and shoes in the other... and while this was going on, we were talking about the high gas prices.
Who could figure?

LOL.  And you didn't shout, through tears, "You're just USING me!"

Mar 14 06 11:54 am Link

Photographer

visionmedia

Troy, Michigan, US

William Coleman wrote:

LOL.  And you didn't shout, through tears, "You're just USING me!"

Thought about it....lol

Mar 14 06 11:59 am Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

lol I hate having to go to the changing room to put on a new set of clothes just to take them off again.
I do like a wrap of sorts just to cover me when I'm previewing pictures on the fly when I'm close to the photographer. So I don't accadently touch him/her at all.

Mar 14 06 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

ReallyRandy

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Since my wife and I are nudists anyway, I've gotten to the point where I really don't even notice it anymore. Unfortunately, the thrill is gone too. :-(

Mar 14 06 12:02 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

the fake mouse in the changing room will do the trick every time!

Mar 14 06 12:03 pm Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
the fake mouse in the changing room will do the trick every time!

I've GOT to get me one of those!

Mar 14 06 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Happens all the time, and if you've ever had to be backstage during a fashion show everybody is doing it.
You can look. Don't stare. Don't ogle. Don't drool. Don't adjust yourself. Continue with what you were doing as if the model hadn't stripped. Don't go out of your way to look or talk ot her, but don't og out of your way to avoid it... and if you have to talk to her while she's changing for gosh sakes look her in the eyes!!!

Mar 14 06 12:08 pm Link

Model

Nikita Lee

Scranton, Pennsylvania, US

As a nude art model, I feel very comfortable beeing naked. If I decide to change right there, then I am very comfortable with the photographer. If i am not that comfortable, or I see it bothers the photographer, I will go into another room.

Just remember, we were all born naked!! It is very natural.

Nikita Lee

Mar 14 06 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

Carlos Arturo Velarde wrote:
Happens all the time, and if you've ever had to be backstage during a fashion show everybody is doing it.
You can look. Don't stare. Don't ogle. Don't drool. Don't adjust yourself. Continue with what you were doing as if the model hadn't stripped. Don't go out of your way to look or talk ot her, but don't og out of your way to avoid it... and if you have to talk to her while she's changing for gosh sakes look her in the eyes!!!

LOL.  Thanks for the advice.  The looking in the eyes takes concentration.  :-)

Mar 14 06 12:14 pm Link

Photographer

nathan harris

Nashville, Tennessee, US

the only time you should react is if the model start whipping off your clothes

Mar 14 06 12:15 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

It's got more to do with trust and professionalism. I have become good friends with some of the models I've worked with, and even though in real life they close the door to their room when changing and keep their legs closed when wearing a skirt, they will strip to undies or less for a shoot and will do so in front of me without a second thought.

One is a personal relationship, the other a professional relationship, and never the twain shall meet.

CristinaLex wrote:
no ...but you have to have some decency as a lady....its not hard to go into another room to change...personally another man will never see all my action...unless thats the type of image i am driving for..which by a long shot i wont...but i think it is just respectful to me...the photographer and my boyfriend...who lingers in my mind during a shoot...but mainly because i am a lady..some people are different..i wouldnt mind going in a room to change...i dont really care for lookin at another women naked unless in a nude art photo or a good friend of mine spending the night over my house and is changing....i am just not comfortable with women being "out there"....but all this is my personal choice

Mar 14 06 12:16 pm Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

Ixnay on the asedphay thing.  You might want to go back and edit your post quickly.

Justin's a real stickler on that...

Yeah, but a nonjudgmental one. smile  I just saw it from two different posters, so it fired up a couple dormant neurons.

If we started slammin' each other for spelling and grammar, the boards would slow down, and there'd be a third of the postings, and ..... hmmmm......

Mar 14 06 12:28 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

cyanimages wrote:
Models undressing in front of me is the ONLY reason I became a snapper

Really?
https://www.seafriends.org.nz/enviro/fish/snap/f007700t.jpg
Isn't being filleted a high price to pay for seeing naked women?

Mar 14 06 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

William Coleman wrote:
LOL.  Thanks for the advice.  The looking in the eyes takes concentration.  :-)

Oh yeah, like most men look women in the eyes when the women are DRESSED

A few years ago, Kirtie Allie was on SNL and played an alien woman from a race where their eyes had migrated to their nipples over the course of millenia of men talking to their tits.

Saaaaaaad.

Mar 14 06 05:09 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Ixnay on the asedphay thing.  You might want to go back and edit your post quickly.

Justin's a real stickler on that...

Justin wrote:
Yeah, but a nonjudgmental one. smile  I just saw it from two different posters, so it fired up a couple dormant neurons.

If we started slammin' each other for spelling and grammar, the boards would slow down, and there'd be a third of the postings, and ..... hmmmm......

I wasn't slamming
I was making geeky Star Trek jokes

Mar 14 06 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

William Coleman wrote:
Instead of changing outfits in the bathroom, she just strips off one outfit, panties and all, and dons the next outfit.  While I'm standing there.  It first happened for me in a photoshoot in 2003.  I've been around the block a few times, but that shocked me.  Don't stare.  Look, look away, look, look away.  Fleeting glances at the model's goodies, but that's it.  A silent "Yikes!"

I'm less shocked, now, but it's still a heart-pounder, each time.  Anyone else have that reaction, or am I just not a cool enough cucumber?  ::phallic reference slipped in there::

Try and act like it's not a big deal by not obviously staring and not obviously looking away. Changing time = chimping time since I have gone digital!

Mar 14 06 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

William Coleman wrote:
Instead of changing outfits in the bathroom, she just strips off one outfit, panties and all, and dons the next outfit.  While I'm standing there.  It first happened for me in a photoshoot in 2003.  I've been around the block a few times, but that shocked me.  Don't stare.  Look, look away, look, look away.  Fleeting glances at the model's goodies, but that's it.  A silent "Yikes!"

I'm less shocked, now, but it's still a heart-pounder, each time.  Anyone else have that reaction, or am I just not a cool enough cucumber?  ::phallic reference slipped in there::

Try and act like it's not a big deal by not obviously staring and not obviously looking away. Changing time = chimping time since I have gone digital!

Mar 14 06 05:14 pm Link

Model

Maitri_Demone

Massillon, Ohio, US

William Coleman wrote:

I myself have done it several of times with several of photographers in one room because the room where all the models were changing well there was no room so I just turned my back but I never dropped my panties while doing it. Yes I use to be an exotic dancer back in the day and I've put on some pds but I'm comfortable with my body and the photography that I do. And people I'm guessing have all seen the opposite sex naked at one point I would think.
But I'm use to it and I'm probably one of the few that I know in my area that would do it. Alot of times I'll book 9 hrs stright and I have to change quickly.
~Maitri

Mar 14 06 05:23 pm Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

SLE Photography wrote:

Oh yeah, like most men look women in the eyes when the women are DRESSED

A few years ago, Kirtie Allie was on SNL and played an alien woman from a race where their eyes had migrated to their nipples over the course of millenia of men talking to their tits.

Saaaaaaad.

LOL!

Mar 14 06 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

Starstruck Foto

Chicago, Illinois, US

Its just a body,no big deal.Only here in America do models even think twice about using a changing room.After you have shot tests for Playboy or backstage at major designer fashion shows where supermodels dont bat an eyelash slipping in and out of their corture gowns you will grow as jaded as I am and it will cease to even faze you. Consider it a blessing that the model feels comfortable enough with you that it isnt even an issue.The trust between a photog and a subject is paramount to creating great images.Always be professional.Nudity doesnt equal sex any more for a photographer and model than it does in the relationship between a physician and patient.If you dont view it as a big deal than neither will your clients.

Mar 14 06 05:57 pm Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

For me it's more a time factor thing, If I go find a private little nook to change I might take a very long time.... You know us woman double and triple check what the clothes look like. I think that it is normal to change in front of a photog because it just saves time and we can keep on a roll. When I go change in a bathroom it breaks the spell or shooting trance me and the photog get into. All the photogs I have worked with have been very professional and don't go flaky and perv out, so what the problem with a little titties and ass? As long as we are not coming on to you and making you break wedding vows than what is the problem?

Time is saved and in a shoot I think time management is very important.

Just my opinion but I think this should not be an issue because all the top industry professionals look at you crazy if you ask where the change room is.

Alisun

Mar 14 06 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

FabioTovar

Culver City, California, US

jeskavardinski wrote:
Man I get naked in front of eveyone all the time

Soooo...ahhhh....whatcha doin later? got any plans? wink

Mar 14 06 07:30 pm Link

Photographer

EA_Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

I have had that to happen a few times...but only with models I had worked with before and were seasoned art nude/fine art nude models.  The first time was a shocker though...but we talked about the reliability of japanese versus german cars.   It was very laid back and non sexual.

Mar 14 06 07:40 pm Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

William Coleman wrote:
am I just not a cool enough cucumber?  ::phallic reference slipped in there::

You sound more like GWC than a pro ...

Mar 14 06 07:44 pm Link