Forums > General Industry > Believe It Or Not: No-Show Excuse # ***

Photographer

Unique Nudes

Riverside, California, US

I've read all these posts and they all sound oh-so-familiar.
Like Mr. McGowen, a photoshoot scheduled with me is likely to cause car crashes, family member deaths, and a whole host of malidies requiring hospitalization.  I'm not an idiot; the fact that I shoot *only* nudes means that every model I book who doesn't previously have any nudes in her portfolio is a 50/50 chance to not show up, not call, or call and lie.
Still, in the 9 or 10 years I've been at this, I've booked over 300 models and photographed 275 of them.  It's a great ratio, but by the 23rd no-show you're ready to throw in the towel, especially when the shoot (location, MUA, etc) is in some way costing you money.  *sigh*  Like most of the pro photogs on this forum list, I privately blacklist them and move on.

NOTE TO ANY MODELS READING THIS:  If you have to cancel, try to do it as early as possible.  Don't give an excuse; tell the truth, even if it's "I have cold feet."  Your honesty is always appreciated more than the lie we can always see right through.  For those of us who have been at this a while, we've already heard them all anyways.  Even if you miss a shoot, call (not e-mail) and explain what happened.  Again, even if it's cold feet.  At least that way you might have a *chance* of working with that photographer again, rather than getting on their personal blacklist.

Just my .o2 cents.

Cheers!
Richard Rasner
Nakayama Studios

Apr 05 06 06:32 am Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Bumping all the no-show threads.  Got the idea from somebody else.

Jan 13 07 12:11 pm Link