Forums > General Industry > I am so SICK of these crazy internet models!!!

Photographer

Michael Moon Studios

Los Angeles, California, US

"Looking or PAID assignment only"
"Will work or TFP only with EXCEPTIONAL photographers"

Jan 11 07 12:10 am Link

Photographer

Star

Bacon!!!!

https://www.iep.utm.edu/images/bacon-francis.jpg

Jan 11 07 12:10 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Star, only if it's crispy

Jan 11 07 12:11 am Link

Model

Jus Chocolate

Yonkers, New York, US

Lmao well said,I always wonder about that

Michael Moon Studios wrote:

Jan 11 07 12:12 am Link

Photographer

Michael Moon Studios

Bacon THIS buddy! hehehe

I'll see your bacon and raise you a WEINER!!

I know I know... it's been here before... but damn the problem is just getting worse!

Jan 11 07 12:12 am Link

Photographer

ForeverFotos

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

I'll see your bacon, and raise with two eggs (scrambled) Yummm

Jan 11 07 12:13 am Link

Photographer

Star

Bacon THIS buddy! hehehe

I'll see your bacon and raise you a WEINER!!

I know I know... it's been here before... but damn the problem is just getting worse!

Here is a sock monkey party thrown to cheer you up

https://sockmonkeylady.com/homepagephoto.jpg

Jan 11 07 12:14 am Link

Photographer

David Krugley

Orland Park, Illinois, US

This place needs to be purged!

Then, maybe  the real professionals will remain, and things can get back to business, the way it should be.

Say goodbye all you wannnabee's.

Find some place else to go and hang out!

Jan 11 07 12:14 am Link

Photographer

Michael Moon Studios

With pancakes and syrup!!!

Jan 11 07 12:15 am Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

A Royal Flush

https://virgojen.typepad.com/virgo_jen/images/veggie_bacon-thumb.jpg

Photographer

HOTTIE SHOTS

Memphis, Tennessee, US

Now I think this "bacon" is unfair.  I mean how many issues are there out there to discuss.  We have models and photographers talking about models and photographers. 

And I agree with the guy.  When I read a bio where a model tells me all the stuff she will not do, I know one thing she will not do is shoot with me.  List positives and then when a photographer contacts you with a project you can tell them you won't do nudes or whatever, if the subject even comes up.

Photographer

Michael Moon Studios

EVIL SOCK MONKEYS AHHHHH.... I'll not sleep for a week now

David

Jan 11 07 12:16 am Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

I'm just going to say this....

Those who live in glass houses.

That is all.

Jan 11 07 12:17 am Link

Photographer

Michael Moon Studios

what the hell does that mean Lamonica... you dissin' on my portfolio girl...

this means WAR!!!

*** FLAME AWAY *** 

*** LAUNCHING BACON BOMBS AT BRITISH COLUMBIA ***

Jan 11 07 12:20 am Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

what the hell does that mean Lamonica... you dissin' on my portfolio girl...

this means WAR!!!

*** FLAME AWAY *** 

*** LAUNCHING BACON BOMBS AT BRITISH COLUMBIA ***

Hahaha... No silly, I wasn't talking about you.... And, I'm American, I'm just vacationing in BC.

Also,make them veggie bacon bombs so I can actually eat them big_smile

Jan 11 07 12:22 am Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

Star wrote:

Here is a sock monkey party thrown to cheer you up

https://sockmonkeylady.com/homepagephoto.jpg

awwwww...I have two sockmonkeys myself smile

Jan 11 07 12:23 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

David Krugley wrote:
This place needs to be purged!

Then, maybe  the real professionals will remain, and things can get back to business, the way it should be.

Say goodbye all you wannnabee's.

Find some place else to go and hang out!

Or maybe professionals need to start a professional site and just hang out there! Not knocking ANYBODY, this site is and has always been a love it or leave it free-for-all. There is always omp (rols on the ground laughing hysterically).

Jan 11 07 12:24 am Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

As the originator of the bacon, let me just say that it's not a commentary on the poster and not a commentary on the topic as much as it's a reminder that the topic has been covered hundreds of times already in as many threads.

Sure, it comes up a lot in this incestuous sandbox we like to call Internet modeling, but maybe we can all realize that and move on?

Just a thought.

Jan 11 07 12:24 am Link

Photographer

Miko Was Here

Ventura, California, US

Dear Model

The first rule is to make the photographer's life easy. The reason you are being hired as a professional model and we are not pulling someone off the street is that you are going to do things that will allow the shoot to go quickly, easily, and more successfully.
I can take anyone off the street and make him or her look good (that is what test shots TFP are about, free traing plus some pro images for your book ) but a model who knows what she or he is doing will allow me to get the job done in less time and with a lot less hassle. That's why we pay you the big bucks.

Jan 11 07 12:25 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

You'll learn. I hope. Before I came here, I never had flakes. I have had 3 so far on here. It pissed me off for a bit because of the time, travel and money that was put into this. And how some will lie their asses off to you and sell sob stories to others.

I don't take it serious anymore. MM is a hit or miss type of site. And unless Tyler makes some changes, the flakes will remain. My suggestion to you is to overlook the crazy bios and wants from some, including the flakes and keep back up models. You just have to move on and not dwell on, because it becomes wasted time and energy that you can use by finding someone else that can give you what you want.

Photographer

Gary Helland Photograph

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Thank Christ someone finally said what really needs to be said.

Reality Check... probably 10% of everyone on MM is actually MAKING A LIVING as a model, photographer, etc... that means you're not bartending, waiting on tables, dreaming of your "big break", etc...

There's nothing wrong with any of that... but let's be REAL, ok? this is "show Biz". 1000 people apply for every single job.

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

So what bugs you is that the model you like wouldn't shoot with your for free because she doesn't think you are a good enough photographer?

Photographer

Wayne Chow Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Jan 11 07 12:27 am Link

Photographer

Tracy Bellar

Wheelersburg, Ohio, US

This is especially dificult for  photographer in the stage of trying to step up to professional level. Investing in equipment and education then someone with no experience expects paid TFCD and paid for travel. There's too many photographers willing to give too much away. I will do TFP or TFCD for very limited models but that's as far as it goes.

Jan 11 07 12:28 am Link

Model

YummyGirl

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

StudioMona wrote:

awwwww...I have two sockmonkeys myself smile

Sock Monkey's scare the crap out of me.

I guess one plus to all the will do's and will not do's and how much or how little or for nothing one will work ... is you at least know what you'll get, not get, for how little or how much or nothing. The internet makes everything fair game.

Gosh I love bacon!
L

Jan 11 07 12:29 am Link

Photographer

CW Sr

Columbus, Ohio, US

I'm all in.

Jan 11 07 12:29 am Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

OH C'mon guys! Face it! If the model likes your work she'll shoot with you $ or not.

IF she doesn't want to do TFP that is just because she doesn't think that your pics will work for her.

Jan 11 07 12:30 am Link

Photographer

PK Brazil

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Whatever the market will bacon.

Photographer

Miko Was Here

Ventura, California, US

Colegrove Photography wrote:
Dear Model

The first rule is to make the photographer's life easy. The reason you are being hired as a professional model and we are not pulling someone off the street is that you are going to do things that will allow the shoot to go quickly, easily, and more successfully.
I can take anyone off the street and make him or her look good (that is what test shots TFP are about, free traing plus some pro images for your book ) but a model who knows what she or he is doing will allow me to get the job done in less time and with a lot less hassle. That's why we pay you the big bucks.

I almost forgot and...
Dear Photographer,
You will put up with a lot of shit for many years untill you quit or make it.

Photographer

Michael Moon Studios

Julia - no I'm not talking about any one particular model... just as I read more and more of these CRAZY FCUKING profiles it starts to drive me nuts!!! (granted I'm probably nuts already) but COME ON this stuff is insane!!!

I don't mind if a model asks for a certain rate if she's got the experience and the look... but some of these profile have NOTHING and I mean NOTHING that would qualify as a professional photo...

Jan 11 07 12:32 am Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Prodigal M wrote:
Or maybe professionals need to start a professional site and just hang out there! Not knocking ANYBODY, this site is and has always been a love it or leave it free-for-all. There is always OMP (rols on the ground laughing hysterically).

Ding Ding Ding..... from the beginning, Tyler said he wanted this site to have a sort of myspace feel to it. If it's not professional enough for you, no one is forcing you to stay. big_smile

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Damn, the dreaded double post.... oh well....

https://virgojen.typepad.com/virgo_jen/images/veggie_bacon-thumb.jpg

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Everyone has their own price.

IF your price is cheaper then the person you work with, then you should pay.  If it is more expensive then the should pay you if they want to work with you.

According to my own self-estime that is what I do.  I choose photographers.  Some of them I am happy about the fact they agreed to tfp with me.  Some of them I am ready to pay for the shoot.  Some of them I'll never do tfp with.  It's all relative.

Why b@ch about it?  No is no, get over it and find another llama.

Jan 11 07 12:33 am Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Julia - no I'm not talking about any one particular model... just as I read more and more of these CRAZY FCUKING profiles it starts to drive me nuts!!! (granted I'm probably nuts already) but COME ON this stuff is insane!!!

I don't mind if a model asks for a certain rate if she's got the experience and the look... but some of these profile have NOTHING and I mean NOTHING that would qualify as a professional photo...

I see where you coming from.  But here is what you also should keep in mind.  If the person only want pay from this - you will rarely get any good work with that person (unless they are very experienced).  Because it is a creative process and the person has to want to do it to make anything happen.

So if the model isn't interested in good photos/modeling/photography - you don't want to shoot with her either way $ or not.

Jan 11 07 12:38 am Link

Photographer

Michael Moon Studios

I dont charge my models... at least not yet... I dont think i'm good enuf at this stage... I'm still learning the art and craft...

I wish some of these CRAZY amateur models would have that sort of humility

I know it's a crazy dream...

Jan 11 07 12:38 am Link

Model

Kizzy

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

Life's a bitch and then you die...

Jan 11 07 12:40 am Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

I dont charge my models... at least not yet... I dont think i'm good enuf at this stage... I'm still learning the art and craft...

That's what tfp is for, to practice.

yes, probably it isn't easy to find a model.

But so as models stuggling finding serious photographers, not gwc's who care only about watching boobs or whatever...

Jan 11 07 12:41 am Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

It's hard to have humility when they always have these GWC's filling their heads with how beautiful and talented they are with their cellphone/bf's basement with a disposable camera pics.

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

purge, purge , purge, yea verrily.

Photographer

CW Sr

Columbus, Ohio, US

I can think of a profile like that right now lol and believe me they don't like to hear their current work is amateur! lol I mean god forrbid they aren't actually worth paying yet...

Jan 11 07 12:42 am Link