Forums > General Industry > I am so SICK of these crazy internet models!!!

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Corey Wellman wrote:
I can think of a profile like that right now lol and believe me they don't like to hear their current work is amateur! lol I mean god forrbid they aren't actually worth paying yet...

Sooner or later they will realize that they need to work on their skills and p-lio to get paying jobs, so no worries.  Let them see the world in pink glasses for a while.

Jan 11 07 12:44 am Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Lamonica wrote:
Ding Ding Ding..... from the beginning, Tyler said he wanted this site to have a sort of myspace feel to it. If it's not professional enough for you, no one is forcing you to stay. big_smile

This is why I vote for Lamonica for "Queen of the World"...

Can I get an Amen on that???

Photographer

Tony Sharp Chicago

Chicago, Illinois, US

Michael Moon Studios wrote:
"Looking or PAID assignment only"
"Will work or TFP only with EXCEPTIONAL photographers"

Model

Nick G

Jamaica, New York, US

*Ego sets in*

After two months and five shoots, i should start doing only paid assignments, because now i am the best!!!

Some people live with their head in the clouds...too many compliments their whole life.

Jan 11 07 12:45 am Link

Model

Jakki Browne

Los Angeles, California, US

Lamonica wrote:
Damn, the dreaded double post.... oh well....

https://virgojen.typepad.com/virgo_jen/images/veggie_bacon-thumb.jpg

I want some too, I don't eat beef or pork, yuck!!

Jan 11 07 12:46 am Link

Photographer

Scott Harrill

Forest City, North Carolina, US

As long as this site is free it will be overrun with Myspace models.

Jan 11 07 12:46 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

"Looking or PAID assignment only"
"Will work or TFP only with EXCEPTIONAL photographers"

Jan 11 07 12:47 am Link

Photographer

Michael Moon Studios

What so bad about being an amateur...

From the Latin, amtor, "lover, devoted friend, devotee, enthusiastic pursuer of an objective"

I LOVE taking photographs of beautiful women... I love working with them, trying different lighting setups, working out poses, and finally getting a (hopefully) amazing image...

At the moment its not about the money honey.... although some day it will have to be cuz all this gear is FREAKIN' EXPENSIVE!!

Jan 11 07 12:47 am Link

Photographer

Tracy Bellar

Wheelersburg, Ohio, US

A photographer realizes that a portfolio needs to be updated and changed constantly. So They try to shoot as much as possible. They know that they need to keep up with changing fashion and style. Photos are dated once taken.

A model thinks that once they have enough pictures to call a portfolio they are done with TFP or TFCD. They stop updating there work and instead of going to casts or trying to get with an agency and get real work they exploit the photographers desire to update and demand payment.

Photographers fall for it too much.

However, most models and photographers need portfolios. They need each other. I don't really think that models for the most part know how to pick out a really great grouping of shots that come together as a great portfolio. I think that they also don't respect different styles. Models all talk about the photographers concept. They don't realize that the bigger the concept the less it is about the model.

Jan 11 07 12:48 am Link

Photographer

Michael Moon Studios

WTF Patrick W. - you are WAY into lala land with that one... totally NOT where I'm coming from

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Lamonica wrote:
Ding Ding Ding..... from the beginning, Tyler said he wanted this site to have a sort of myspace feel to it. If it's not professional enough for you, no one is forcing you to stay. big_smile

Image K wrote:

Oh hell ya!  I second that emotion!  Lamonica RULES here!  big_smile

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

David Krugley wrote:
This place needs to be purged!

Then, maybe  the real professionals will remain, and things can get back to business, the way it should be.

Say goodbye all you wannnabee's.

Find some place else to go and hang out!

I love self-appointed, self-righteous guardians of professional photography like this guy...

If you don't like it here, feel free to hop off!

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Image K wrote:

Hehehe.... More like "Queen of the Nerds".... especially since Nick and his friends are now teaching me how to play FFIX....

Nihilus.... I know...  I know.... it is a little on the interesting side... I don't wanna hear it!!! Damn you and your always being right.

Jan 11 07 12:49 am Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

Jhanaydāh, Jhanaydāh, Bangladesh

wahhh.. very tempting for me to say bacon .. but I cant.. so I say no bacon.. I got into trouble earlier

Jan 11 07 12:49 am Link

Model

Nick G

Jamaica, New York, US

Lestari wrote:
wahhh.. very tempting for me to say bacon .. but I cant.. so I say no bacon.. I got into trouble earlier

I'll say it then. BACON!

Jan 11 07 12:51 am Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Tracy Bellar wrote:
A photographer realizes that a portfolio needs to be updated and changed constantly. So They try to shoot as much as possible. They know that they need to keep up with changing fashion and style. Photos are dated once taken.

A model thinks that once they have enough pictures to call a portfolio they are done with TFP or TFCD. They stop updating there work and instead of going to casts or trying to get with an agency and get real work they exploit the photographers desire to update and demand payment.

Photographers fall for it too much.

However, most models and photographers need portfolios. They need each other. I don't really think that models for the most part know how to pick out a really great grouping of shots that come together as a great portfolio. I think that they also don't respect different styles. Models all talk about the photographers concept. They don't realize that the bigger the concept the less it is about the model.

Wow... another photographer who knows exactly how a model is.... please, tell me more about myself! big_smile

Photographer

Michael Moon Studios

all this talk of bacon is making me hungry!!!

I'm stuck in Bangkok and haven't had a decent Bacon Cheeseburger in weeks!!!!

Model

Tiara Lestari

Lamonica wrote:

Wow... another photographer who knows exactly how a model is.... please, tell me more about myself! big_smile

LOL!! no fail to make me laugh

Jan 11 07 12:52 am Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

all this talk of bacon is making me hungry!!!

I'm stuck in Bangkok and haven't had a decent Bacon Cheeseburger in weeks!!!!

Wahhh.. I miss Pataya!

Jan 11 07 12:52 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Scott Harrill wrote:
As long as this site is free it will be overrun with Myspace models.

AND MySpace cell-phone glamour photographers... wink

Jan 11 07 12:53 am Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Julia wrote:
OH C'mon guys! Face it! If the model likes your work she'll shoot with you $ or not.

IF she doesn't want to do TFP that is just because she doesn't think that your pics will work for her.

Completely true.

Jan 11 07 12:54 am Link

Photographer

Michael Moon Studios

Hmmm Lestari...what were you DOING in Pattaya!! tongue

Jan 11 07 12:54 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

WTF Patrick W. - you are WAY into lala land with that one... totally NOT where I'm coming from

Did I misunderstand something?  You want to purge profiles, right?  You don't like that many models on here are asking for "Pay Only!" and their profile doesn't quite match up to your expectations, right?  Well, this site is driven by numbers.  It takes BIG traffic to pay the bills since it's FREE for you and me and our brothers, sisters and mommas to join!  Don't blame the "Internet models" for it.  Don't even blame the GWC's either ...  it's technology.  People are shooting with cell phones now! People have gone crazy with all the technology! 

I feel for you just a bit .. because there are websites that belong to some of these "Internet models" that have amateur looking work.  Guess what?  It sells!  I don't know exactly why some of the better photography work gets passed over for the GWC's quality ... it just happens.  Maybe marketing and the right look have something to do with it.  But be careful who you throw stones at ... don't burn bridges cuz you want to keep your profile, right?

Jan 11 07 12:57 am Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Select Models wrote:

AND MySpace cell-phone glamour photographers... wink

Thank you.... I'm sooo glad someone (esp a photographer) finally said it.

New models= wannabe myspace models

New photographers= aspiring amateurs

Give me a break.

Jan 11 07 12:57 am Link

Photographer

Miko Was Here

Ventura, California, US

This Sunday I will be shooting a young lady that gets paid $800 an hour.
Last Saturday I drove 40 miles shot for free and bought the model lunch.

The difference I dont pay royalties to use the Saturday shoot on my website.

My point is:

We all need each other. Be nice smile

Jan 11 07 12:58 am Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Image K wrote:

Amen on that.

Jan 11 07 01:00 am Link

Model

Chelsea Lauren

Gresham, Oregon, US

Model Mayhem has, in my opinion, become a somewhat of a myspace. 

People from myspace come here to have another online profile.  Thankfully, I see more models than photographers doing that though. smile   

One guy sent me a message with a cheesy pick up line and said there were some hot models on this site.  That's true, but it's not a place for people like him to hit on models trying to be professional.  He claimed to be an "experienced" male model with only camera phone shots.

I also love the ones that claim to be models and not in a single one of their photos show their face.  I've seen a few of those on here.

Jan 11 07 01:00 am Link

Photographer

Michael Moon Studios

Listen up Patrick W

Jan 11 07 01:01 am Link

Photographer

fstopblues

Amen Brother!!

Jan 11 07 01:02 am Link

Model

karennn

Huntington Beach, California, US

Lamonica wrote:

i ALMOST feel like this site is turning into myspace. a guy tried to add me with a model profile and he had 4 photos taken by himself with high contrast and his profile said nothing about modeling just about himself and who he wanted to meet. i think he was a LITTLE confused about what mm is.

Jan 11 07 01:03 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Lamonica wrote:

Thank you.... I'm sooo glad someone (esp a photographer) finally said it.

New models= wannabe myspace models

New photographers= aspiring amateurs

Give me a break.

Everyone has got a MySpace self portrait!  lol   I even did it!

https://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/PWalberg/Avator.jpg

We need something to laugh about!

Jan 11 07 01:04 am Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

karennn wrote:

i ALMOST feel like this site is turning into myspace. a guy tried to add me with a model profile and he had 4 photos taken by himself with high contrast and his profile said nothing about modeling just about himself and who he wanted to meet. i think he was a LITTLE confused about what mm is.

And instead of people getting bent out of shape about it, why don't they just delete the message/add request and go on with their life.

People act like it's the end of the world when some guy hits on them. I'm not sayin you are, just in general.

Jan 11 07 01:05 am Link

Photographer

Michael Moon Studios

I love the smell of bacon in the morning.   It smells like.... VICTORY!

Jan 11 07 01:05 am Link

Photographer

Geo Silva

Whittier, California, US

Lamonica wrote:
I'm just going to say this....

Those who live in glass houses.

That is all.

Those who live in glass houses and eat bacon, should buy lot's of window cleaner.

Jan 11 07 01:06 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

karennn wrote:

Maybe he was confused ... but you have a kick ass portfolio!

Jan 11 07 01:06 am Link

Photographer

Michael Moon Studios

bacon has finally won....I'm going to lunch now... continue on in peace and harmony my brothers and sisters of light!

hahaha.... I really crack myself up sometimes!

Jan 11 07 01:08 am Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

bacon has finally won....I'm going to lunch now... continue on in peace and harmony my brothers and sisters of light!

hahaha.... I really crack myself up sometimes!

Remember.... VEGGIE BACON... it's better for you wink

Jan 11 07 01:09 am Link

Photographer

Miko Was Here

Ventura, California, US

I'm new here and was kind of wondering about the "friends" thing.
Does it get you points "er somethin"?
I was actualy roped into this by a model (very sweet girl was a pleasure to work with)
Now I'm wondering Does any one answer casting calls?

Jan 11 07 01:11 am Link

Model

karennn

Huntington Beach, California, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Maybe he was confused ... but you have a kick ass portfolio!

awwww thank you! i left him a nasty comment. i could tell he was one of those myspace whore types and just wanted another website to advertise himself. pathetic.

Jan 11 07 01:12 am Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Colegrove Photography wrote:
I'm new here and was kind of wondering about the "friends" thing.
Does it get you points "er somethin"?
I was actualy roped into this by a llama (very sweet girl was a pleasure to work with)
Now I'm wondering Does any one answer casting calls?

No.... a lot of people (at least the ones I know) add people that they speak to in the forums and they have shot with.

As for the casting calls... I've noticed that actually browsing the members and directy contacting someone works the best. But, that's just me.

Jan 11 07 01:13 am Link