Forums > General Industry > do most MM models need a nosejob?

Photographer

R Michael Walker

Costa Mesa, California, US

Brandy wrote:
I was born with a hemangioma birthmark on my nose. This can basically be called a clown's nose. As I started to get older, it started to grow and my nose turned purple. It also formed a large bubble. I was consistently made fun of and stared at.

When I was 15 months old my parents finally found a doctor at the Children's Hospital in Denver who was able to work on my nose (this was not a well known problem in 1986). With the help from the Ronald McDonald fund and my parents I got my nose taken care of.

To this day, even if it is 110 degrees outside, my nose is frozen as I am missing 90% of the blood vessels that are in the tip of my nose.

A Ronald McDonald Nose? Now i know I want to shoot with you! LOL..sorry..couldn't resist..it's past my bed time i guess!
Mike

Dec 31 06 06:09 am Link

Photographer

UIPHOTOS

Dayton, Ohio, US

little apple blossom wrote:

anyone? anyone? know anything about this type of surgery? or have any input?

They call it REFINING THE TIP.. They do everything except break your nose, but after watching DR.90210, that is part of MOST of the nose jobs they do on there..

they remove milimeters of it and it makes a huge difference.. but it is not more invasive than a regular nose job..and less bruising.. That is probably what Ashley Simpson had done.. it raised the tip of her nose and refined it..

but I thought the idea for a model was to have something interesting about her.. all these cookie cutter surgeries just produce more of the sameness.. makes people look like another face in the crowd..

Dec 31 06 06:11 am Link

Model

Meum Corculum

Medford, Oregon, US

Pat Thielen wrote:
I'm going to get my eyes enlarged, my nose reduced to a little bump, and my mouth shortened. And once that's all done I'm going to color my hair bright lime green. Yeah, I always wanted to be an anime character!

Yeah!

Hahaha Pat!!

Dec 31 06 06:15 am Link

Model

Savvy1007

Searcher wrote:
Is it just my imagination/interest in cute button noses, or would 80-90% of the models with profiles here benefit greatly in their professional careers by getting their beaks tweaked?

Here's an idea, why don't you get yourself a perfect cute button nose and then you can see one every time you look in the mirror.

Then maybe you'll not have the need to push your idea of perfection onto others!

Dec 31 06 06:33 am Link

Photographer

JM-Photographics

Tacoma, Washington, US

Savvy1007 wrote:

Here's an idea, why don't you get yourself a perfect cute button nose and then you can see one every time you look in the mirror.

Then maybe you'll not have the need to push your idea of perfection onto others!

Ouch

Dec 31 06 06:35 am Link

Model

Brittney Harrington

Los Angeles, California, US

Searcher wrote:
Is it just my imagination/interest in cute button noses, or would 80-90% of the models with profiles here benefit greatly in their professional careers by getting their beaks tweaked?

Seriously, I'm not trying to make fun of anyone, it's just something I picked up on when reading/viewing that Angelina Jolie at 17 thread a little while ago.

I was always made fun of my ski-jump nose in elementary school and I would go home crying! But now I don't mind it.

Everyone has their own perception of beauty! smile cheers! Happy New years eve day!

All the best,
Britt smile

Dec 31 06 06:38 am Link

Model

Angela_M

Chicago, Illinois, US

Nobody needs a nosejob.

Dec 31 06 07:03 am Link

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

Ella_Bebe wrote:
...BUT what should i do with my nose? ;(

Nothing. It fits your face.

Dec 31 06 07:59 am Link

Model

UnavailableNonExistant

Columbus, Ohio, US

My nose is natural.

Dec 31 06 08:08 am Link

Photographer

ChanStudio

Alpharetta, Georgia, US

Modeling isn't just about how cute or nice your nose is.  If today you don't like your nose, then tomorrow, what else wouldn't you like?  Your ears?  Your elbows? Your lips?  Your eyes? Your head? and the list goes on and on. 

I would love to shoot with a model who can really pose and knows how to show expression.  That is what I want.  I don't want a model with a nice nose who can't pose and show her expression in front of a camera.

Dec 31 06 08:10 am Link

Model

MsHeidi

Jessheim, Akershus, Norway

I def. need one..

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

Savvy1007 wrote:

As a photographer, it's my job to push my ideas about beauty onto others. Don't you agree?

Model

Kennedy Summers

no way that everyone on here needs a nose job!  do you have a cute button nose?  are you considering a nose job for yourself?  if the answer to both of those questions is "no," then don't be so hypocritical.  i totally don't have a cute nose...it's definitely long (and has been broken twice), but i would never get a nose job!  you must be into the playboy look and not into fashion because i've had hollywood producers compliment me on a strong nose and good bone structure...without EVER saying, "hi, how are you.  nice face.  have you considered a nose job?"

also, bear in mind that MANY girls on here have no shot at modeling in general because they are too short, etc.  a nose job isn't going to fix the fact that they can't get work except with GWCs on this site.

Dec 31 06 08:20 am Link

Model

Isis

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Wha?

Dec 31 06 08:24 am Link

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

Taylor C Lane wrote:
no way that everyone on here needs a nose job!  do you have a cute button nose?  are you considering a nose job for yourself?  if the answer to both of those questions is "no," then don't be so hypocritical.

No, and yes. I have a nice nose already, thanks. And I'm not trying to sell myself as a frigging model anyway, so where's the logic in your freak out there? big_smile

Dec 31 06 08:44 am Link

Model

Kennedy Summers

well, i don't know about yours, per se, but button noses aren't going to get anyone success.  let's look at....heidi klum, giselle bundchen, alessandra ambrosio...none of them have button noses and they happen to be the BIG names in the industry.  also, don't tell me i'm "freaking out" about your nose--i honestly just don't care what you look like, or if you want to be a "friggin model."  I was making a point here, just like about 20 people did before me.  besides, if you were a great judge of all that is beautiful, you would be moaning about girl's noses somewhere other than MM.

Dec 31 06 08:57 am Link

Model

Savvy1007

Searcher wrote:

As a photographer, it's my job to push my ideas about beauty onto others. Don't you agree?

let me put this assertively...

HELL NO!!!

Dec 31 06 09:01 am Link

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

Taylor C Lane wrote:
besides, if you were a great judge of all that is beautiful, you would be moaning about girl's noses somewhere other than MM.

Oh, but I do. Don't you know the fashion industry shuts down from Chanukah to New Years?

Anyway, I'm not saying everyone has to have a button nose, I'm saying a lot of the models here could use a nose tweak. Not a massive change, but a subtle change.

Dec 31 06 09:02 am Link

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

Savvy1007 wrote:
let me put this assertively...

HELL NO!!!

Why? I mean, what else are we doing?

Dec 31 06 09:03 am Link

Model

Savvy1007

Searcher wrote:
Oh, but I do. Don't you know the fashion industry shuts down from Chanukah to New Years?

Anyway, I'm not saying everyone has to have a button nose, I'm saying a lot of the models here could use a nose tweak. Not a massive change, but a subtle change.

Post a picture of yourself and we'll tell you what you should change!!!

Dec 31 06 09:03 am Link

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

Savvy1007 wrote:
Post a picture of yourself and we'll tell you what you should change!!!

Well, obviously you're easily offended, being a really old model who probably gets judged a lot and has a ton of insecurities related to what other women look like.

You seem out of touch with reality.

Dec 31 06 09:05 am Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

Monica Jay wrote:
I went to a plastic surgeon, and he showed me what I would look like with my nose done, and it would make my face look weird and out of proportion. I'm happy with my ugly nose.

I'm sure you didn't mean it, but I'll just add that you are a very beautiful woman and I'd be overjoyed to shoot you and your nose anytime, anyplace.

M

Dec 31 06 09:06 am Link

Model

Savvy1007

Searcher wrote:
Well, obviously you're easily offended, being a really old model who probably gets judged a lot and has a ton of insecurities related to what other women look like.

You seem out of touch with reality.

I'm not easily offended and you are DEAD WRONG on your weak lame way off base psycho analysis of me!!!

I think you ought to look at yourself and what makes you feel inadequate as a human being!

Dec 31 06 09:07 am Link

Model

Savvy1007

Last of me on this lame thread by a photographer I wouldn't shoot with even if I got paid!!!  Even though he'd have no interest in shooting with this old broad with a fucked up nose!!! lol...

So to all have a fun and frolicking New Year's Eve babies!!! I will be with my imperfect nose at Times Square with other imperfect noses!!! lol...

Dec 31 06 09:09 am Link

Model

Innamorata

Lancaster, England, United Kingdom

I would never get a nose job. I used to get bullied about my nose, but I don't care anymore.

Dec 31 06 09:09 am Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

Monica Jay wrote:
I have the same problem with one of my friends too. Luckily, he/she isn't as bitchy about gender as other trannies are. I've seen some HUGE fights over the word 'he' or 'him'.

I had a friend (well, as far as I know we're still friends, I just haven't seen him for years) who was a transvestite. I asked her once whether he preferred to be referred to as "her" or "him" when dressed. She said it didn't matter, so I alternated pronouns. For three years. Every single time. Everyone else thought it was rude: he thought it was hysterical. smile

M

Dec 31 06 09:12 am Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Rebecca Lynne wrote:
hahaha.
once again we've all been able to show how undoubtly shallow we all our.

god bless my giant honker.

Uh...excuse me Captain Obvious...but this is a modeling website. I don't think any more even needs to be said. tongue

Dec 31 06 09:14 am Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

pixiedust0330 wrote:
I was wondering what others thought of my nose? Is it too big? Would a smaller nose flatter my face better?

If we said yes, would you really get a nose job or are you just looking for reassurance that your nose is fine? If you would...then you should go for it just for a valuable life lesson. Surgery sucks. A lot. You should never make a decision like that based on some idiot's opinion on the internet.

Dec 31 06 09:17 am Link

Photographer

Visionary Studio One

Grand Prairie, Texas, US

I've had the honor to shoot with Monica Jay not too long ago.  Didn't really pay a lot of attention to the nose...  it's part of her personality and see no reason to change it!

Subtle changes in lighting etc..  and that so-called "imperfection" becomes nearly indistinguishable.. (  I hate that word !! )

I have more problems working with people  ( not necessarily models ) that have extreme "brown nose" personalities.....

Dec 31 06 09:20 am Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

Kaitlin Lara wrote:
Uh...excuse me Captain Obvious...but this is a modeling website. I don't think any more even needs to be said. tongue

"Because that's what this multi-billion dollar industry is really all about, isn't it? Inner beauty."

M

Dec 31 06 09:26 am Link

Model

_Alexandra

Alexandria, Virginia, US

Sinsazia I think your nose looks fine.  I have a bit of a bump in my nose, though it was never broken.  I always just attributed it to being the "English Nose" from my family.

Dec 31 06 09:36 am Link

Model

Oriental Silk

London, England, United Kingdom

Lestari wrote:
I need one prolly. I have asian's nose

I disagree. I think that having an Asian nose on an Asian face is appropriate. It is sad if women from different backgrounds are persuaded that they are less attractive because they do not resemble someone else.

On a more light hearted note, I seem to have lost my nose completely when I became a manga character by the Japanese artist, Ochi-bo.

https://www.solloway.demon.co.uk/image/akemisan5.jpg

Dec 31 06 09:40 am Link

Photographer

fstopdreams

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

dgold wrote:

God Bless noses au natural!

Ouch, the negativity in your post !

I think he was just trying to motivate us for the New Year.

Dec 31 06 09:42 am Link

Model

Sirensong

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Searcher wrote:

I dont know about that but there are a lot of models and photographers that could do with a kick up the arse.

I am sure it wouldnt cost too much to have a foot implanted big_smile

Dec 31 06 09:43 am Link

Photographer

fstopdreams

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

Searcher wrote:

Seriously, I'm not trying to make fun of anyone, it's just something I picked up on when reading/viewing that Angelina Jolie at 17 thread a little while ago.

All I want from the models at Model Mayhem is a chance to make images that both they and I will benefit from in some way. I don't want them to fit some preconceived ideal I already have in my head. Sure there are some models here I would never have an interest in working with based on various perceived flaws I see in their port, but those flaws have nothing to do with their noses.

I'm not looking for perfect faces or bodies, I am looking people I can pose in settings or ways that make for a unique, compelling image that people will want to look at.

Dec 31 06 09:47 am Link

Model

Kennedy Summers

searcher...you are way too full of yourself and your work, which has yet to impress me.  do i know the fashion industry shuts down?  hello, i'm working in milan.  where are you?  probably no where important, beating off to photos that you've washed out with photoshop.

Dec 31 06 09:47 am Link

Model

Kennedy Summers

also, searcher, you may think we all need nose jobs...but hey, i'd rather have a "bad" nose than a bad personality.  at least a "bad" nose is reparable--which is more than anyone can say for your bitter self.  we need less gwcs and more REAL photogs here...but for a good reference, greg chase is super nice & pleasant to work with!

Dec 31 06 09:51 am Link

Photographer

giovanni gruttola

Middle Island, New York, US

https://www.andgor.com/AA%20AndGor%20Images/Twilight_Doc_Nurse_Final.jpg
Beauty's in the eye of what?

Dec 31 06 09:52 am Link

Model

K Ann

Renton, Washington, US

Jeez, do I need one?
I wanna go the 'no-surgery' route...

Dec 31 06 09:52 am Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

Jhanaydāh, Jhanaydāh, Bangladesh

akemi wrote:

I disagree. I think that having an Asian nose on an Asian face is appropriate. It is sad if women from different backgrounds are persuaded that they are less attractive because they do not resemble someone else.

[/img]

true.

I cant imagine my nose being a caucasian nose

Dec 31 06 09:55 am Link