Forums > General Industry > do most MM models need a nosejob?

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

Is it just my imagination/interest in cute button noses, or would 80-90% of the models with profiles here benefit greatly in their professional careers by getting their beaks tweaked?

Seriously, I'm not trying to make fun of anyone, it's just something I picked up on when reading/viewing that Angelina Jolie at 17 thread a little while ago.

Dec 30 06 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

A Traveler

San Francisco, California, US

i don't think a nosejob could save the nonexistant careers of most of the models here. i don't think a new camera could benefit most of the nonexistant careers of most of the photographers here.

Dec 30 06 10:26 pm Link

Model

Brandy

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I've already had one... not something I would do again.. although mine was unconventional and cost a HELL of a lot more than a normal one.

Dec 30 06 10:28 pm Link

Photographer

dgold

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, US

Couture Imagery wrote:
i don't think a nosejob could save the nonexistant careers of most of the models here. i don't think a new camera could benefit most of the nonexistant careers of most of the photographers here.

God Bless noses au natural!

Ouch, the negativity in your post !

Dec 30 06 10:33 pm Link

Model

Lady - JADE

Dallas, Texas, US

I think you would lump me in to that "80-90%"

But I have to say, I like my nose, i think it fits me...

Just because you like little button noses, did you ever stop to concider that the world doesn't really care what you think?  There are plenty of sucsessful BEAUTIFUL models etc. out there that if you didnt know their status, might say they needed nose jobs as well.

Dec 30 06 10:37 pm Link

Model

Alli Michelle

Miami, Florida, US

Brandy wrote:
I've already had one... not something I would do again.. although mine was unconventional and cost a HELL of a lot more than a normal one.

now I'm interested in what your nose looked like before

Dec 30 06 10:37 pm Link

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

Brandy wrote:

You have me curious.

Dec 30 06 10:38 pm Link

Model

Alli Michelle

Miami, Florida, US

would you think I should get a nosejob? just curious

Dec 30 06 10:39 pm Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

Jhanaydāh, Jhanaydāh, Bangladesh

I need one prolly. I have asian's nose

Dec 30 06 10:41 pm Link

Model

Brandy

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I was born with a hemangioma birthmark on my nose. This can basically be called a clown's nose. As I started to get older, it started to grow and my nose turned purple. It also formed a large bubble. I was consistently made fun of and stared at.

When I was 15 months old my parents finally found a doctor at the Children's Hospital in Denver who was able to work on my nose (this was not a well known problem in 1986). With the help from the Ronald McDonald fund and my parents I got my nose taken care of.

To this day, even if it is 110 degrees outside, my nose is frozen as I am missing 90% of the blood vessels that are in the tip of my nose.

Dec 30 06 10:42 pm Link

Model

jaclyn bucheimer

Miami, Florida, US

Couture Imagery wrote:

laughing*

Dec 30 06 10:43 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

Do most MM photographers need a handjob?

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.

Dec 30 06 10:43 pm Link

Model

Savvy1007

To have such a perfect nose fetish, so to speak, you must have one ugly nose yourself...

Dec 30 06 10:44 pm Link

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

Brandy wrote:
To this day, even if it is 110 degrees outside, my nose is frozen as I am missing 90% of the blood vessels that are in the tip of my nose.

Wow, that's so cool. Bonus points for Brandy!

Dec 30 06 10:45 pm Link

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

Savvy1007 wrote:
To have such a perfect nose fetish, so to speak, you must have one ugly nose yourself...

No, I'm just obsessive-compulsive and want to fix everything. Don't you know the best photographers are only that good because the voices in their heads tell them to be?

Dec 30 06 10:46 pm Link

Model

MonicaPrata

New York, New York, US

I'm glad this thread was started.  I was thinking of starting one myself.  Do you think I should get my nose done?  I have scheduled a couple consultations with plastic surgeous, I think it's something I would like to do.  I would love to know your oppinion...honestly...you wont hurt my feelings.

Dec 30 06 10:46 pm Link

Photographer

dgold

Tikeya wrote:
Do most MM photographers need a handjob?

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.

...always up for a handjob - It's not a question of need.
Or, did you mean hand implants, botox, or,  nip 'n tuck ?

Dec 30 06 10:48 pm Link

Model

Savvy1007

MonicaPrata wrote:
I'm glad this thread was started.  I was thinking of starting one myself.  Do you think I should get my nose done?  I have scheduled a couple consultations with plastic surgeous, I think it's something I would like to do.  I would love to know your oppinion...honestly...you wont hurt my feelings.

Remember in the eyes of plastic surgeons they can always find something to fix, even if it aint broke, because that's how they earn their bread and butter!!!

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

Searcher wrote:
Is it just my imagination/interest in cute button noses...

Yes.

Next question.

M

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

MonicaPrata wrote:
Do you think I should get my nose done?

Done right, it would probably help your career as a model.

Dec 30 06 10:49 pm Link

Model

Savvy1007

Searcher wrote:

No, I'm just obsessive-compulsive and want to fix everything. Don't you know the best photographers are only that good because the voices in their heads tell them to be?

Do you consider yourself one of the best photographers?

Dec 30 06 10:49 pm Link

Photographer

dgold

MonicaPrata wrote:

...nope.
Au natural.

Dec 30 06 10:50 pm Link

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

StMarc wrote:

Yes.

Next question.

M

Oh, hush.

Dec 30 06 10:50 pm Link

Model

MonicaPrata

New York, New York, US

Thanks for the advice so far.  I would like to point out that I contour the hell out of my nose with makeup for shoots.  It's not that my nose is HUGE it's just that my face is VERY small and I have a short forhead.  I feel like a combination of these things make my nose look too large for my face; I feel like getting my nose done would open up my face.

Dec 30 06 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

MonicaPrata wrote:
I feel like getting my nose done would open up my face.

I agree.

Dec 30 06 11:01 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

dgold wrote:
...always up for a handjob - It's not a question of need.
Or, did you mean hand implants, botox, or,  nip 'n tuck ?

You're silly.  https://bestsmileys.com/happy/1.gif

Dec 30 06 11:33 pm Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

Brandy wrote:
I was born with a hemangioma birthmark on my nose. This can basically be called a clown's nose. As I started to get older, it started to grow and my nose turned purple. It also formed a large bubble. I was consistently made fun of and stared at.

When I was 15 months old my parents finally found a doctor at the Children's Hospital in Denver who was able to work on my nose (this was not a well known problem in 1986). With the help from the Ronald McDonald fund and my parents I got my nose taken care of.

There is history of that in my family too.  I was lucky to be the generation it skipped. 

You have a beautiful nose btw. 

smile

Dec 30 06 11:35 pm Link

Model

Adieu

I went to a plastic surgeon, and he showed me what I would look like with my nose done, and it would make my face look weird and out of proportion. I'm happy with my ugly nose.

Dec 30 06 11:36 pm Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

I hate my nose.  It was broken in my late teens and the older I get the more you can see it.  I'd like to get it fixed someday.

See the bone...

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/sinsazia/08-27-06.jpg

Dec 30 06 11:42 pm Link

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

How did it get broken?

Dec 30 06 11:44 pm Link

Model

Brandy

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Sinsazia wrote:

There is history of that in my family too.  I was lucky to be the generation it skipped. 

You have a beautiful nose btw. 

smile

Thank you! I feel pretty blessed to have what I do... I can't pass up a Ronald McDonald Foundation donation bin without putting money in and every year at Christmas I send toys to the Children's Hospital in Denver for the several occasions that they have helped me immensely.

Dec 30 06 11:45 pm Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

Searcher wrote:
How did it get broken?

His name was Clay

Dec 30 06 11:48 pm Link

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

Sinsazia wrote:

His name was Clay

Is his name now Mud?

Dec 30 06 11:48 pm Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

Searcher wrote:
Is his name now Mud?

Could be Betsy for all I know.  He's been in the pen for a good 7-8 years now.

EDIT: and yes I got the joke..hehe

Dec 30 06 11:49 pm Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

hiccup

pardon me

Dec 30 06 11:51 pm Link

Photographer

Le Beck Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

God how I hate the look of little snub Irish noses on faces not bred for them.

Would you bob Cate Blanchete's nose? How about Kate Hepburn's or Sophia Loren's.

Models and actresses are cookie cutter enough as it is.

Dec 30 06 11:53 pm Link

Model

Cristina Ashley

Buffalo, Illinois, US

Everyone always tells me I have a button nose.

No nose job here!

Dec 30 06 11:53 pm Link

Model

Cristina Ashley

Buffalo, Illinois, US

And for the record...people will always try and find something wrong with others.

I used to get made fun of in school for my nose because girls would say I had a pig nose.

They had bird beaks. I had a pig nose.
Oh friggin well.

Dec 31 06 12:00 am Link

Model

Ermine

Chicago, Illinois, US

Probably. I have kind of a wierd lump that should probably go. However, I've seen videos of nosejobs and NOBODY but nobody is ramming a giant chisel up my schnoz.

Dec 31 06 12:03 am Link

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

How boring would that be if everyone had a small nose.

Kind of like all the fake boobs, where will the real ones be in the future?

Scary.

Dec 31 06 12:05 am Link