Forums > General Industry > do most MM models need a nosejob?

Model

Ermine

Chicago, Illinois, US

MonicaPrata wrote:
I'm glad this thread was started.  I was thinking of starting one myself.  Do you think I should get my nose done?  I have scheduled a couple consultations with plastic surgeous, I think it's something I would like to do.  I would love to know your oppinion...honestly...you wont hurt my feelings.

I think you have a cool nose. It fits your face, it's kind of exotic. I don't think it would advance your career to get it changed. There's really nothing horribly wrong with it, it's just different, which I think is good.

Dec 31 06 12:09 am Link

Model

Ermine

Chicago, Illinois, US

oops. Browser malfunction.

Dec 31 06 12:09 am Link

Model

Adieu

My sister has a little button nose. This thread is making me jealous of her. I wasn't before...

Dec 31 06 12:10 am Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

Monica Jay wrote:
My sister has a little button nose, but people think I'm prettier.

If I had a sister, I would want to be the pretty one...hehehe

Dec 31 06 12:11 am Link

Model

Paul Verite

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

Wow. Scary.

Dec 31 06 12:12 am Link

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

Monica Jay wrote:
My sister has a little button nose. This thread is making me jealous of her. I wasn't before...

My sister has a little button nose too!  My mom told me, "you know, you are prettier than your sister.  All my friends always tell me that." I was like, um, are mothers supposed to say that to their daughters?! lol.

Dec 31 06 12:13 am Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

Searcher wrote:
Is it just my imagination/interest in cute button noses, or would 80-90% of the models with profiles here benefit greatly in their professional careers by getting their beaks tweaked?

Seriously, I'm not trying to make fun of anyone, it's just something I picked up on when reading/viewing that Angelina Jolie at 17 thread a little while ago.

What kind of 'trade for nose job 'would that entail? lol hehehehehe just kidding smile

Dec 31 06 12:15 am Link

Model

Cristina Ashley

Buffalo, Illinois, US

I bet it's possible your moms tell your sisters the same thing behind your back also.

Dec 31 06 12:16 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Mr. Searcher!

I have been avoiding this thread, simply based on its title... thinking it's simply stupid... aka... not the smartes heading...

Now... FIRST TIME clicking on it... I am seriously surprised that YOU were the OP!

Dude... we have to have brunch soon, so that I can straighten you out... soon!!! big_smile

Later man, and happy new years!

UdoR

Model

Adieu

https://i17.tinypic.com/4dlo76q.jpg
Prisca (my sister) and me.
She inherited the button nose; I got the Middle Eastern nose.
Who looks better?

Model

Vera van Munster

Belmont, North Carolina, US

Le Beck Photography wrote:
God how I hate the look of little snub Irish noses ...

Hey!! I happen to have a snub Irish nose! It turns up like an elf's wink
I would never touch my nose.I get told that I have the kind of nose people pay for.That's a great compliment!

Dec 31 06 12:18 am Link

Model

MarkusRichmondModel

Los Angeles, California, US

If soem people are desperate to look better, they'd need more than just a nose job anyways. I'm glad I have a cool nose! smile

Dec 31 06 12:24 am Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I could probably benefit from a nose job if I actually wanted to be agency repped and look more conventional...but that's not me...I've got a mildly fucked up nose...that's what happens when you get kicked in the face by your geography teacher (and my nose gives me an excuse to tell people that awesome story...so I'm keepin' it smile)

Dec 31 06 12:27 am Link

Model

Mia Mali

Lestari wrote:
I need one prolly. I have asian's nose

I have a slightly asian nose and a slightly broken one.  oh the years of playing lacrosse.

Dec 31 06 12:28 am Link

Model

Mia Mali

Kaitlin Lara wrote:
I could probably benefit from a nose job if I actually wanted to be agency repped and look more conventional...but that's not me...I've got a mildly fucked up nose...that's what happens when you get kicked in the face by your geography teacher (and my nose gives me an excuse to tell people that awesome story...so I'm keepin' it smile)

Why'd you get kicked in the face?
It's hard to read sarcasm on the internet.  smile

Dec 31 06 12:28 am Link

Model

kokodean

Las Cruces, New Mexico, US

i'm not gonna lie.... i know one for me wouldnt hurt! then again, i have broken it a number of times. ha!

Dec 31 06 12:30 am Link

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

Cristina Ashley wrote:
I bet it's possible your moms tell your sisters the same thing behind your back also.

Thats what I was thinking...but then I have to remember that Nigerians are very very different.  I'll leave it at that big_smile

Dec 31 06 12:31 am Link

Model

Aria...

Toronto, Iowa, US

MonicaPrata wrote:
Thanks for the advice so far.  I would like to point out that I contour the hell out of my nose with makeup for shoots.  It's not that my nose is HUGE it's just that my face is VERY small and I have a short forhead.  I feel like a combination of these things make my nose look too large for my face; I feel like getting my nose done would open up my face.

no way! i love your nose. i think it suits your face and you are gorgeous just the way you are.

Dec 31 06 12:34 am Link

Model

Blue Sky Above

And why were at it...every model should have liposuction, a boob job, have their hair died blonde and have permanent makeup to their eyelids.....we could all change our name to Barbie...then we could be mass produced and perfect...

Dec 31 06 12:39 am Link

Model

Mia Mali

Blue Sky Above wrote:
And why were at it...every model should have liposuction, a boob job, have their hair died blonde and have permanent makeup to their eyelids.....we could all change our name to Barbie...then we could be mass produced and perfect...

Cheers!

Dec 31 06 12:41 am Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

Monica Jay wrote:
https://i17.tinypic.com/4dlo76q.jpg
Prisca (my sister) and me.
She inherited the button nose; I got the Middle Eastern nose.
Who looks better?

wow! no offense to your sister but you're much prettier.

Dec 31 06 12:50 am Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

MarkKerckaert wrote:
If soem people are desperate to look better, they'd need more than just a nose job anyways. I'm glad I have a cool nose! smile

I think you have one of the best male noses I've ever seen.

Dec 31 06 12:52 am Link

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

Exactly!

Dec 31 06 12:54 am Link

Photographer

Star

One interesting thing is not to get noses smaller, but a bridge of a nose would make some models more marketable.

Dec 31 06 12:59 am Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

MarkKerckaert wrote:

You do have a cool nose and a wonderful portfolio to boot!

Dec 31 06 01:02 am Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

My nose is very round. the typical rhynoplasty wouldn't work with me because the bone is not the problem. I'm sure they have a way of altering the cartiledge. Does anyone know what this entails? or has anyone seen it done?

I have always wanted a less round more angular nose that descends in a straight line from the bridge gradually getting wider at the end, instead of going straight down and all the sudden turning into a ball at the end.

Dec 31 06 01:12 am Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Mia Salen wrote:

Why'd you get kicked in the face?
It's hard to read sarcasm on the internet.  smile

It was an accident...I also got hit right under my left eye with a shovel by my kindergarden teacher. I'm not even joking.

Dec 31 06 01:14 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Eliza Dushku
https://anaplasty.net/www/img/eliza_dushku_cheek_implants.jpg

Dec 31 06 01:16 am Link

Model

Mia Mali

Kaitlin Lara wrote:

It was an accident...I also got hit right under my left eye with a shovel by my kindergarden teacher. I'm not even joking.

Oh damn.  I took a tennis racket to the forehead and now my eyebrows/eyes are uneven because of the way the fashia connects to the skull.

I bet your teacher felt real bad and gave you a billion gold stars.

Dec 31 06 01:17 am Link

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

She looks like she had an entire face lift...either that or her face just got fuller.  or fatter.

Dec 31 06 01:17 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

https://anaplasty.net/www/img/catherine_zeta_jones_young.jpghttps://anaplasty.net/www/img/catherine_zeta_jones_now.jpg

Dec 31 06 01:18 am Link

Model

Ella_Bebe

Seattle, Washington, US

Ppl, do u think i should get my nose done too? LOL, im just too scared of over doing it! Lots of ppl actually like my nose, my BF bites it all the time cuz he "can't help it" ....wink
Anyway, im gonna become a plastic surgeon in the future and if you feel unperfect let me know wink))
...BUT what should i do with my nose? ;(

Dec 31 06 01:19 am Link

Model

Ella_Bebe

Seattle, Washington, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
Eliza Dushku
https://anaplasty.net/www/img/eliza_dushku_cheek_implants.jpg

i like the original nose much more. 2nd picture looks like M. Jackson w/ a vagina...sorry...i didnt mean to say dat'...oops

Dec 31 06 01:21 am Link

Model

Mia Mali

Ella_Bebe wrote:
Ppl, do u think i should get my nose done too? LOL, im just too scared of over doing it! Lots of ppl actually like my nose, my BF bites it all the time cuz he "can't help it" ....wink
Anyway, im gonna become a plastic surgeon in the future and if you feel unperfect let me know wink))
...BUT what should i do with my nose? ;(

Leave it alone!!!!  It's so pretty and original

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

OK UNO....now post Ashlee Simpson...quick quick!

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

Milli wrote:
She looks like she had an entire face lift...either that or her face just got fuller.  or fatter.

looks like cheek implants, a tan, and good makeup to me.

Dec 31 06 01:23 am Link

Model

Chantelle Mathiasson

Carson City, Nevada, US

The only reason why I would think of getting one (even though i am not getting one) is so that my nose doesn't look big from the side of my face :(but i guess not every ones sees it, just probably one of my peeves about myself. hmm... everyone has em big_smile do you think i should?? anyone think so?? just wondering..... thanks big_smile

~Chantelle~

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

https://anaplasty.net/www/img/naomi_campbell_bad_nose_job.jpg

Model

Ella_Bebe

Seattle, Washington, US

Mia Salen wrote:

Leave it alone!!!!  It's so pretty and original

kk, i'll keep it. You make my nose sound really special

Dec 31 06 01:25 am Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

Ella_Bebe wrote:

kk, i'll keep it. You make my nose sound really special

Not that your nose isn't special and beatiful but I don't see anything strange about it. Looks like the perfect typical nose to me.

Dec 31 06 01:28 am Link