Forums > General Industry > where are all the nice people!!

Makeup Artist

BeautyByIsis

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

PapaVic Photography wrote:
I dunno which I find harder to respect: the OP's original statements, or her refusal to stand by them by attempting to take them back by removing them.
tongue

Precisely!

Dec 16 06 05:54 am Link

Photographer

revolution photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Tim Baker wrote:
She is a pretty model, that's for sure. However, I almost thought I was reading the writing of a model I once fired from a shoot because of a 'tude problem. It was not this model, however.

But, she has potential, that's for sure.  She's very attractive in my book.

Tim

Being attractive (something that's entirely subjective, by the way) is not a license to be rude, incensitive or otherwise full of shit.

This is the problem with our industry and that kind of attitude only perpetuates it. Anyone pulls attitude on a shoot and you're off the set. I don't care who you are, you play nice or you play alone.

Chris
::rev

Dec 16 06 05:54 am Link

Model

ALYNSON

Willingboro, New Jersey, US

All i did was voice my opinion.. In no way did i ever imagine that i would be pounced on to the extent that i was... but im a big girl.. im far from broken..

I said it and i will say it again.. Humility is a virtue.. something that i find lacking on this site...

Dec 16 06 06:00 am Link

Model

ALYNSON

and it seems that all of the responses got away from my original post..

Danella... since youre doing such a good job at reposting things.. repost it again...

please thank you..

It doesnt matter what you do.. you have to be humble..again...something that someone trying to get ANYTHING in life needs..that was my original stance and i am not going to shy away from that..

if you disagree.. you disagree... i am not here to argue the point...

and if you dont have anything positive to say about what i wrote.. then NO.. i will not agree with you.. how much sense does that make??

Dec 16 06 06:09 am Link

Model

ALYNSON

revolution photography wrote:

Being attractive (something that's entirely subjective, by the way) is not a license to be rude, incensitive or otherwise full of shit.

This is the problem with our industry and that kind of attitude only perpetuates it. Anyone pulls attitude on a shoot and you're off the set. I don't care who you are, you play nice or you play alone.

Chris

Dec 16 06 06:15 am Link

Model

ALYNSON

Chris... What you said in the above quote is exactly the point the i am/was trying to make.. I was not mean or rude until it was given to me..

Of course im giving back what is given to me..

Dec 16 06 06:17 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Chris

I guess I didn't see the rudeness in her post. I've noticed a nasty side to MM that seems to evolved since the Pit was closed down (or opened up).  I was just reading what I saw and really wasn't emotionally involved in either side of the conservation - thus, I may have not responded as others.  I just didn't see rudeness as much as I sensed frustration with the lack of support of others (something I used to see quite a bit on MM).  Even when I'm down in the Photography Forum, some of that same attitude of one group against the other prevails - of course, it's usually those Canon guys against us real photographers who use Nikons LOL (sorry, couldn't resist).

My 2cents - Tim

PS Ever wonder why there's no cent key on the keyboard but there is this thing ~ ... I mean, what gives?  Was there a keyboard standards committee that said ~ is very important and must be on keyboards.  Off to Wikipedia to see if I can find an answer.

Didn't mean to hijack ... carry on.

Dec 16 06 06:22 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

E|||B wrote:

Rule #1 of Model Mayhem:

[1] Absolutely NO FLAMING OR NAME CALLING. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm. Please keep profanity and gratuitously inflammatory language to a minimum. Personal attacks will not be tolerated on ModelMayhem.com.

As you can see, profanity is permitted, but should be kept to a minimum.

One curse word is definitely a minimum.

Please read the rules page. Here is a link:

https://modelmayhem.com/rules.php

Wait.  There are CAPS in those rules wink  My head's gonna es'plode.

Dec 16 06 06:24 am Link

Photographer

Mark J. Sebastian

San Jose, California, US

told you i was nice.

Model

Danella Lucioni

Florence, Toscana, Italy

ALYNSON wrote:
and it seems that all of the responses got away from my original post..

Danella... since youre doing such a good job at reposting things.. repost it again...

please thank you..

It doesnt matter what you do.. you have to be humble..again...something that someone trying to get ANYTHING in life needs..that was my original stance and i am not going to shy away from that..

if you disagree.. you disagree... i am not here to argue the point...

and if you dont have anything positive to say about what i wrote.. then NO.. i will not agree with you.. how much sense does that make??

you wrote it. you deleted it. you repost it if you'd like.

i don't want to throw coal in the fire.

Photographer

revolution photography

ALYNSON wrote:
Chris... What you said in the above quote is exactly the point the i am/was trying to make.. I was not mean or rude until it was given to me..

Of course im giving back what is given to me..

My comment wasn't directed at you or your comment(s). It was directed at a scenario that I quoted. Frankly, this thread could use a healthy dose of anti-troll. Someone call 911.

Chris

Dec 16 06 06:25 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

My comment wasn't directed at you or your comment(s). It was directed at a scenario that I quoted. Frankly, this thread could use a healthy dose of anti-troll. Someone call 911.

Chris

I'll call 'em ... what's the number?

Dec 16 06 06:27 am Link

Model

ALYNSON

Lol.. how about that for some irony.. I was trampled on for using CAPS when it is clearly stated that CAPS should not be used...

but as pointed out.. the rules are written in CAPS(go figure)

back to my original argument.....focus on the message.. not the font..

Dec 16 06 06:29 am Link

Photographer

revolution photography

I google'd it. Got this: http://www.911supplies.com/

Dec 16 06 06:29 am Link

Model

ALYNSON

Lol...at the 911 supplies.. I am a big girl.. I can take all the heat that ive gotten in here..

I thank everyone that had input.. whether i agree or not..

but really in the end.. everyone.. RELAX!!! its all good...

im off to sleep.. NYC in a few hours...

toodles..
                                A
P.S Great port Danella..

Dec 16 06 06:35 am Link

Photographer

Class Act Photography

STUDIO CITY, California, US

I feel like quoting the inmate in "Cuckoo's Nest" who just kept saying over and over again,
"It's all baloney...it's all baloney."

Dec 16 06 06:39 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

ALYNSON wrote:
Lol...at the 911 supplies.. I am a big girl.. I can take all the heat that ive gotten in here..

toodles..
                                A
P.S Great port Danella..

She hates my port ;(

Dec 16 06 06:39 am Link

Model

Danella Lucioni

Florence, Toscana, Italy

ALYNSON wrote:
Lol.. how about that for some irony.. I was trampled on for using CAPS when it is clearly stated that CAPS should not be used...

but as pointed out.. the rules are written in CAPS(go figure)

back to my original argument.....focus on the message.. not the font..

YOU GUYS!!!! stop it with the caps crap already. if you study the rules closely (will take about 3 seconds), the "CAPS" are used to emphazise what is NOT allowed. see, they are using the caps only for the specific item in the rule they are explaining.
some people are bothered by "THE CAPS" being used for the whole post, and that was the problem. the use of "CAPS" is not prohibited. but if you write completely ALL in "CAPS", then that is a problem....
some people have cap sensitive eyes... or they may find it unplesant.... does not really make sense to me. but oh well, it does not cost anything to not do it.

Dec 16 06 06:40 am Link

Model

Danella Lucioni

Florence, Toscana, Italy

ALYNSON wrote:

toodles..
                                A
P.S Great port Danella..

yeah, let's all go to bed. smile
thank you Alynson

Dec 16 06 06:42 am Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

ALYNSON wrote:
Thank you F.Y and Nessa for actually reading what i typed..and responding accordingly...

I think Ive met a few superstars here on MM, there are giants in Chicago, New York is home to many extremly talented photographers and models that are often on MM, actually the talent here at MM is endless.......................

Dec 16 06 06:53 am Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

the path we take today is the road we venture tomarrow, it is never right to be rude

Dec 16 06 06:55 am Link

Photographer

Royal Photography

Birmingham, Alabama, US

ALYNSON wrote:

I could not have said it better myself

Dec 16 06 06:56 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Danella L. wrote:
let's all go to bed. smile

Let me take your hand, I'm shaking like milk.

Dec 16 06 06:57 am Link

Photographer

Harry Young

ALYNSON wrote:
and it only makes sense.. Think of it like this...

You are a republican sitting in at a democratic speaking event..

would you be clapping for things the democrat said if you are a republican?

I dont think so...

-------------------------
Pardon Alynson ... this happens to not be the case, for at least some people.
I try to acknowledge -anything- which makes sense ... regardless of the source.
I even feel sure that there are other people with similar views.
See?

Dec 16 06 07:04 am Link

Photographer

Harry Young

BTW: anyone look at her listing? Notice her profession?
"Aside from modeling I am also a certified behavior therapist/analyst."
interesting certification, considering her post-content.

any coorelation maybe ... ??

Dec 16 06 07:18 am Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

PapaVic Photography wrote:
I dunno which I find harder to respect: the OP's original statements, or her refusal to stand by them by attempting to take them back by removing them.
tongue

I'm trying to decide that myself...

She said goodbye and good night about 5 times.

Is this a bad dream?

Dec 16 06 07:56 am Link

Photographer

Gary Blanchette

Irvine, California, US

Danella L. wrote:
this is the original post, for those who are wondering:

ALYNSON wrote:
IM SOMEWHAT NEW TO THIS SITE... BUT I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW WHERE ALL THE NICE PEOPLE???

EVERYONE SEEMS SO "SNAPPY"...ITS JUST MODEL MAYHEM PEOPLE..I DONT THINK THEY'RE ANY SUPERSTARS HERE....

FROM THE MODELS TO THE PHOTOGRAPHERS.... MANY PEOPLE SEEM TO HAVE A HUGE CHIP ON THEIR SHOULDER...

AS I SAID.. I AM NEW TO THIS.. BUT WORD OF ADVICE..BE HUMBLE.. NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE... IT WILL GET YOU SO MUCH FURTHER THAN HAVING A "DIVA-TUDE" (APPLIES TO ALL)

AS IN PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE... SO IS HUMILITY...SHEESH FOLKS...

IT SADDENS ME!!!!

OH WELL.. ENOUGH OF MY RANT!! GOOD NIGHT AND GOODBYE..
                                       ALYNSON
P.S IF YOU ARE A NICE PERSON WITHOUT THE ROD UP THE BUTT.. FEEL FREE TO SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST..YOU'LL BE ACCPETED

Rod? What rod? Nobody told me about any rod? I always seem to find the fun threads when it's too late.

Dec 16 06 08:03 am Link

Photographer

Rich Davis

Gulf Breeze, Florida, US

ALYNSON wrote:
and it only makes sense.. Think of it like this...

You are a republican sitting in at a democratic speaking event..

would you be clapping for things the democrat said if you are a republican?

I dont think so...

Harry Young wrote:
-------------------------
Pardon Alynson ... this happens to not be the case, for at least some people.
I try to acknowledge -anything- which makes sense ... regardless of the source.
I even feel sure that there are other people with similar views.
See?

Maybe if we practiced more civility our country would be a better place.  Lets have the Dems and Republicans clapping for each other when they make a good point.

Dec 16 06 08:19 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Rich Davis wrote:
Maybe if we practiced more civility our country would be a better place.  Lets have the Dems and Republicans clapping for each other when they make a good point.

*clap clap clap clap clap*

Dec 16 06 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

FYH Photo

Santa Clara, California, US

James Jackson wrote:

allow me to refresh the collective memory:

wow, James Jackson.  You sure seem to delight in beating the proverbial dead horse.  Seems like you're taking too much enjoyment out of this pointless exercise wink

Dec 16 06 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

F.Y. Hamada wrote:

wow, James Jackson.  You sure seem to delight in beating the proverbial dead horse.  Seems like you're taking too much enjoyment out of this pointless exercise wink

I don't have a problem with people asking others to take responsibility for their own words. She can recant them entirely, or stand behind them. Pretending they did not happen is dishonest.

Dec 16 06 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

FYH Photo

Santa Clara, California, US

ALYNSON wrote:
Thank you F.Y and Nessa for actually reading what i typed..and responding accordingly...

Though some had a point with the initial "all caps" faux paux, many of the ones delighting in going on the attack post after post after post ... are the very snarky sarcastic and mean posters you originally spoke of. 

I find it ironic that some of the indignant posters scream and yell about netiquette, when they themselves have been pretty rude to other people in other threads.  (ie. FUCKING JACKASSES are the biggest hypocrites ... hahaha All caps, just one profanity ... that fulfills my quota, eh mods? smile  )

Though it doesn't behoove anyone to get into a flame war, since 'explanations' on a thread rarely do anything to clarify things, especially to people who are already 'out to get you'.  It's always best to ignore the stupid people in the various forums like they don't exist.  That rule works for most of the internet. since I see flame wars erupt over everything, even the most trivial things.

Dec 16 06 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

the nice people i believe are taking a break elsewhere currently, perhaps?

Dec 16 06 08:44 pm Link

Photographer

Maynard Southern

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

ALYNSON wrote:
P.S IF YOU ARE A NICE PERSON WITHOUT THE ROD UP THE BUTT..

This is obviously some sort of slur against homosexual men. That's pretty rude if you ask me.

Dec 16 06 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

Tim Baker wrote:

I guess I didn't see the rudeness in her post. I've noticed a nasty side to MM that seems to evolved since the Pit was closed down (or opened up).  I was just reading what I saw and really wasn't emotionally involved in either side of the conservation - thus, I may have not responded as others.  I just didn't see rudeness as much as I sensed frustration with the lack of support of others (something I used to see quite a bit on MM).  Even when I'm down in the Photography Forum, some of that same attitude of one group against the other prevails - of course, it's usually those Canon guys against us real photographers who use Nikons LOL (sorry, couldn't resist).

My 2cents - Tim

PS Ever wonder why there's no cent key on the keyboard but there is this thing ~ ... I mean, what gives?  Was there a keyboard standards committee that said ~ is very important and must be on keyboards.  Off to Wikipedia to see if I can find an answer.

Didn't mean to hijack ... carry on.

Ditto Baker. The women addressed the typos as a unknown and damn, the attackers still attack which confirms her initial point. I'm glad that you see this too. Anyways, I'm out of here. F%ucking pitiful.

Dec 16 06 11:30 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

The mean people ate them.

Dec 16 06 11:31 pm Link

Model

Mia Mali

Patrick Walberg wrote:

I'm honest--does that make me a nice people eater?

Dec 16 06 11:34 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Mia Salen wrote:
I'm honest--does that make me a nice people eater?

Why yes!  You are what you eat!  wink

Dec 16 06 11:35 pm Link

Model

Mia Mali

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Sweet.  So that makes me sorta kinda nice.  And a little tofu.

Dec 16 06 11:37 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Mia Salen wrote:
Sweet.  So that makes me sorta kinda nice.  And a little tofu.

WOW! Mia!  We just solved a huge mystery or else hijacked this thread!  big_smile 

I bet you are sweet!   tongue

Dec 16 06 11:43 pm Link