Forums > General Industry > where are all the nice people!!

Model

ALYNSON

Willingboro, New Jersey, US

Dec 16 06 03:54 am Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

I hope you understand that the All Caps presentation of your post as well as the content will not be winning you too many friends.

Dec 16 06 03:55 am Link

Model

ALYNSON

Dec 16 06 04:00 am Link

Photographer

Wolf 189

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Mikel Featherston wrote:
I hope you understand that the All Caps presentation of your post as well as the content will not be winning you too many friends.

smile

Dec 16 06 04:02 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

ALYNSON wrote:
Obviously it caught your attention.. It served the purpose i wanted it to.. Youre the kind of person i would not like to meet.. Nasty attitude.. Keep it moving Sir... Thank you....

He was simply informing you you broke the MM forum rules in a polite and nice way.

I would venture to say it is you that needs the attitude adjustment.

Dec 16 06 04:02 am Link

Model

NessaSej

Flushing, Michigan, US

ALYNSON wrote:
IM SOMEWHAT NEW TO THIS SITE... BUT I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW WHERE ALL THE NICE PEOPLE???

EVERYONE SEEMS SO "SNAPPY"...ITS JUST MODEL MAYHEM PEOPLE..I DONT THINK THEY'RE ANY SUPERSTARS HERE....

FROM THE MODELS TO THE PHOTOGRAPHERS.... MANY PEOPLE SEEM TO HAVE A HUGE CHIP ON THEIR SHOULDER...

AS I SAID.. I AM NEW TO THIS.. BUT WORD OF ADVICE..BE HUMBLE.. NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE... IT WILL GET YOU SO MUCH FURTHER THAN HAVING A "DIVA-TUDE" (APPLIES TO ALL)

AS IN PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE... SO IS HUMILITY...SHEESH FOLKS...

IT SADDENS ME!!!!

OH WELL.. ENOUGH OF MY RANT!! GOOD NIGHT AND GOODBYE..
                                       ALYNSON
P.S IF YOU ARE A NICE PERSON WITHOUT THE ROD UP THE BUTT.. FEEL FREE TO SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST..YOU'LL BE ACCPETED

great port.. i do agree with what you're saying!

Dec 16 06 04:04 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

It's like static cling...

*headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk*

Dec 16 06 04:05 am Link

Photographer

Wolf 189

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

James Jackson wrote:

He was simply informing you you broke the MM forum rules in a polite and nice way.

I would venture to say it is you that needs the attitude adjustment.

Exactly.

Dec 16 06 04:07 am Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

Ladies, you will find that you often get back from this place what you bring to the table. It is somewhat foolish to enter someone else's hangout/place/home/whatever and start telling them how terrible they are, or what they are doing wrong that needs to change.

Making one of your first posts in a forum the equivalent of "you people suck! But I'd like to be friends with the ones that will kiss my ass" will just establish YOU as a diva.

Making one of your first posts in a forum the equivalent of "how dare you do or say something that offends me. Change the rules so that I can sleep better at night" will just establish you as a diva.

Dec 16 06 04:09 am Link

Model

Danella Lucioni

Florence, Toscana, Italy

Mikel Featherston wrote:

ALYNSON wrote:
Obviously it caught your attention.. It served the purpose i wanted it to.. Youre the kind of person i would not like to meet.. Nasty attitude.. Keep it moving Sir... Thank you....

wowowow. that was soooo uncalled for, alynson....

Dec 16 06 04:10 am Link

Model

Danella Lucioni

Florence, Toscana, Italy

Mikel Featherston wrote:

ALYNSON wrote:

wowowow. that was soooo uncalled for, alynson....

Model

ALYNSON

Photographer

FYH Photo

Santa Clara, California, US

Well, I think I know what you're talking about.  I've noticed that many models will come onto MM with a simple (perhaps naive) question or query, and will be inundated with a bunch of snide and snarky put downs. 

Yes, I'm consider myself an industry veteran, but I don't consider some of these sarcastic responses to posters, especially new ones, either clever or insightful. 

There is a real nasty trend afoot on MM.  Sure some people ask some questions that have been asked many times before, but I don't think people have to jump down their throats for it.   Some people ask for help and advice and get insulted for it. 

Well we can't train people to not behave badly online.  The internet is a lot like liquor, it exposes the worst side of a lot of folks.   And our internal etiquette filter is often turned off due to the anonymous nature of posts. 

There is only one advantage of that behavior of which you speak, and that is it forces the model (in training) or the new photographer into having a thick skin.  That is one trait that everyone will have to have in the industry, we might as well get it from an MM forum. 

Anyway that's my 2 cents.  Good luck.

Oh and BTW: I think that MM only has a rule against all caps in post titles, not the body of the message, but I may be wrong ... smile

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

Danella L. wrote:

Mikel Featherston wrote:

wowowow. that was soooo uncalled for, mikel....

I am a terrible person. I can sleep at night knowing that.

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

ALYNSON wrote:
Instead of being so intent on worrying yourself with how i typed the message.. How about you two bullies take the time to read it first..It clearly states that i am somewhat new to this.. Maybe i am still reviewing the "rules". You two are a trip..

The site clearly notifies you where to find the rules, and where to find the FAQs *before* you post anything when you sign up.

Look, if you break your new toaster when you try to use it the first time after taking it out of the box, you can't blame the manufacturer if they included the directions on top of the box.

You're lucky I'm not fully awake... I'm usually much less nice... ask anyone... they'll tell you... this is nice for me.

Dec 16 06 04:13 am Link

Photographer

- null -

ALYNSON wrote:
Instead of being so intent on worrying yourself with how i typed the message.. How about you two bullies take the time to read it first..It clearly states that i am somewhat new to this.. Maybe i am still reviewing the "rules". You two are a trip..

It is called "netiquette" and it is quite a wonderful thing.

Why?

Because it encourages a self-governing set of rules and decorum within the chaotic forum of Internet culture.

Hence, when people correct improper netiquette, the civilized and mature way to respond is with gracious thanks and appreciation.

The "how" behind the way you type your message IS important and relevant on any Internet forum. Since you are new to this, be thankful that people are schooling you.

Dec 16 06 04:15 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

F.Y. Hamada wrote:
The internet is a lot like liquor, it exposes the worst side of a lot of folks.   And our internal etiquette filter is often turned off due to the anonymous nature of posts.

Trust me... there is no etiquette filter for me...  I've broken them all... fuckem. 

F.Y. Hamada wrote:
Oh and BTW: I think that MM only has a rule against all caps in post titles, not the body of the message, but I may be wrong ... smile

Do you people not read the rules... like... ever?

It's mm forum rule #1

SOME BASIC FORUM RULES

[1] No SHOUTING (Posting in all capital letters) Especially in thread titles. It's hard to read and just plain rude and annoying.

Dec 16 06 04:16 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Example #749827482974892748927884758934

Dec 16 06 04:18 am Link

Model

ALYNSON

Again.. stop worrying yourself with HOW i typed the message.. but read the content...You are displaying exactly what i am talking about..

But in the end it really doesnt matter to me..

It was just a random thought at 3:30 in the morning..

Dec 16 06 04:18 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Ransom J wrote:
Example #749827482974892748927884758934

is that all???

I thought the number was much higher.

Dec 16 06 04:19 am Link

Model

Benny

Brooklyn, New York, US

ALYNSON wrote:
Im Somewhat new to this site... But I am curious to know where all the nice people are??

Everyone seems so "snappy"...Its just Model Mayhem people!! I dont think they're any superstars here....

From the models to the photographers..Many people seem to have a huge chip on their shoulder...

As I said.. I am  new  to  this.. But word of advice..Be Humble.. No matter who you are..It will get you so much further than having a "diva-tude" (applies to all)
As in patience is a virtue..so is humilty.. sheesh folks..

It saddens me!!!!

Oh well....enough of my rant..!! Good night and Goodbye
Alynson
P.S If you are a nice person.. feel free to send me a friend request...

nice people sleep lol

and some stay awake to make sure his friends in CA have a place to crash or get a hotel for them

Dec 16 06 04:20 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

James Jackson wrote:

is that all???

I thought the number was much higher.

The counter resets at the first of the month.

Dec 16 06 04:20 am Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

Benny wrote:

nice people sleep lol

I've always found you to be nice... kind of ruins your theory wink

Dec 16 06 04:21 am Link

Model

ALYNSON

Thank you F.Y and Nessa for actually reading what i typed..and responding accordingly...

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

ALYNSON wrote:
Again.. stop worrying yourself with HOW i typed the message.. but read the content...You are displaying exactly what i am talking about..

It was just a random thought at 3:30 in the morning..

No miss... In the end, You don't saunter in to a room, stand on your soap box, and offer "advice" to those who are both older and more experienced than yourself.

Thank you... I'll be here all week.

Model

Benny

Brooklyn, New York, US

Mikel Featherston wrote:

I've always found you to be nice... kind of ruins your theory wink

check out the new edit smile

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

Benny wrote:

check out the new edit smile

That works.

Dec 16 06 04:23 am Link

Model

Madaline

Santa Monica, California, US

me me !! *waves arm*

Im nice smile

sometimes. neutral hehehe

wink Madaline

Dec 16 06 04:24 am Link

Model

ALYNSON

Dec 16 06 04:24 am Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

Alynson, hopefully you will get some sleep, come back, and have a different outlook on this thread. If not, I forsee troubled times in your MM future.

Dec 16 06 04:25 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

ALYNSON wrote:
Again.. Mr. Jackson.. you are the exact person i am talking about.. Your age and experience is NOT a reason to be a jerk..

I am no way saying that anyone needs to be pampered..but there is again.. no need for nastiness..

And I'm saying you are the exact person you are talking about.

You want to see jerk?  Just wait till I put on my horns here....

Dec 16 06 04:25 am Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

James Jackson wrote:

And I'm saying you are the exact person you are talking about.

You want to see jerk?  Just wait till I put on my horns here....

James, just let her tie her own noose. The mods are a bit restless these days, and this one is not worth a Brig visit.

Dec 16 06 04:26 am Link

Photographer

- null -

ALYNSON wrote:

Since you seem to have missed it the first time, I'll do you the favor of repeating myself...

It is called "netiquette" and it is quite a wonderful thing.

Why?

Because it encourages a self-governing set of rules and decorum within the chaotic forum of Internet culture.

Hence, when people correct improper netiquette, the civilized and mature way to respond is with gracious thanks and appreciation.

The "how" behind the way you type your message IS important and relevant on any Internet forum. Since you are new to this, be thankful that people are schooling you.

Then again, if such decorum "really doesn't matter" to you, then perhaps you are not suited for being a part of civilized communities. Perhaps.

If, on the other hand, you were grateful that folks took the time to correct your faux pas, and you responded accordingly, that might speak far more highly of your character than ranting and condescension.

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

ALYNSON wrote:
Thank you F.Y and Nessa for actually reading what i typed..and responding accordingly...

Hello ma'am.  i have a question that i'd like to ask and would not like it to be taken personal.  Hopefully we can resolve this issue without it turning nasty, as that is not my intent in anyway shape or form.

But don't you think that it would behoove someone who makes an initial post to a community of people that lam blasts them for being rude and impolite, to follow the simple rules of etiquette set forth IN that community so that that person is not being rude and impolite themselves?

Seems as if that would stand to reason.

Also do you posts thread like this just so you can have people be in agreement with you?  because I notice you only thanked those people that nodded their heads in a solemn agreement, rather than those that showed a more dissenting view, or those that pointed out the hypocrisy of your statement by showing you your own disregard for politeness and etiquette on the net and in this established intra-web community.

Hopefully these question prove thought provoking and non inflammatory to you since that's the last thing i would ever want to do smile.

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

So, Allie, do you care to tell me exactly what you think of me?

Dec 16 06 04:27 am Link

Model

ALYNSON

lol.. enjoy your night you two old guys..again.. age and experience is not enough reaon to have a nasty disposition..

and be very careful before you evaluate worth...

good night and goodbye...

Dec 16 06 04:28 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

James Jackson wrote:
Just wait till I put on my horns here....

Mikel Featherston wrote:
James, just let her tie her own noose. The mods are a bit restless these days, and this one is not worth a Brig visit.

* rummages around *

Damnit... I know I left those things here somewhere...

* rummages around *

Come on...

* rummages around *

Enh...

Dec 16 06 04:29 am Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

ALYNSON wrote:
lol.. enjoy your night you two old guys..again.. age and experience is not enough reaon to have a nasty disposition..

and be very careful before you evaluate worth...

good night and goodbye...

Sweets, youth is even less of a reason.

Dec 16 06 04:30 am Link

Model

ALYNSON

Dec 16 06 04:31 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

ALYNSON wrote:
I definently value everyone's opinion...but why would i applaud you if you are against what i think??

So...Thanks everyone...

im not here to make enemies..but again.. there is no "diva-tude" here...

and im not going to continue the conversation with the same two people after ive already expressed my views..

So no answer on the etiquette question?  And you only applaud views inline with your own, no matter how incorrect they might be?

Dec 16 06 04:33 am Link