Forums > General Industry > Nude Images gets more comments...

Photographer

BTHPhoto

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
Welcome to the Internet

Good morning OP

You have just stepped out of your safe little world of agency modeling, and into the big bad world of internet photography. There are no rules here; a girl who is 5’ 1” in 4” stiletto heals can get paid work from photographers, so can a girl who is bigger than a size 4. The typical agency rules don’t apply to us anymore. Sorry about that, in just a few days your in box will be filled with silly little girls with crappy web cam photos saying they love your work, yet you need to pay 150.00 an hour to shoot them. Not to make it too complicated there are several different camps of people all colliding on this site:

Agency models and photographers = work for clients and have a set of standards
Artist models and photographers = work for art and the chance to be in the galleries.
Amateur models and photographers = work to learn some of these guys and girls will move up and do some great work in the above categories.
GWP and GWC = it’s all about the b(o)(o)bies.

Welcome to our world…………………………………………..wink

*Flashes her boobies at OP and runs off *

No wonder people love you. smile

Dec 15 06 12:15 am Link

Model

Sarah Ellis

Portland, Oregon, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
http://www.mannequinmadness.com/cart/index.php

Here ya go OP
you know you can actually buy manneqins right?

Maybe he'd like one of those real doll things better - that way he could shoot a mannequin and sleep with his model at the same time!

Dec 15 06 12:15 am Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Learning wrote:
I completely agree. I started out in the Catogory of Amature Photogrpher - as it pertains to working with Models. Now I beleive and am looking forward to creating some exceptional photos that can be displayed and maybe offered money for.

Good job we all march forward with learning and make our craft stronger..

Dec 15 06 12:16 am Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Tim Hammond wrote:
No wonder people love you. smile

Just once, I would like to get some hate mail... Just once...

bwahahahhahaaaaaaa

Dec 15 06 12:18 am Link

Photographer

Huynh Studios

Sacramento, California, US

Sarah Ellis wrote:

Maybe he'd like one of those real doll things better - that way he could shoot a mannequin and sleep with his model at the same time!

The more reason why models are just props. We got one right here. Maybe I should do a series where I just gag the models. They don't need to talk.

Dec 15 06 12:19 am Link

Photographer

Glen Berry

Huntington, West Virginia, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
Just once, I would like to get some hate mail... Just once...

bwahahahhahaaaaaaa

Damn it, Iona!  I hate the fact that you live so far away!

How's that?   wink

take care,
Glen

Dec 15 06 12:21 am Link

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

Huynh Photography wrote:

The more reason why models are just props. We got one right here. Maybe I should do a series where I just gag the models. They don't need to talk.

Hmm...just a thought...if you hate hearing from models so much, (or reading from them)  then why do you take the time to reply?

Just curious.

Dec 15 06 12:22 am Link

Photographer

Sockpuppet Studios

San Francisco, California, US

Ok OP are you trolling, or do you actually express such distain to the models who you work with before you shoot them?? I'm very courious.
What person whould have anything to do with you after knowing how you feel about them? Super scary

Dec 15 06 12:24 am Link

Model

BigC

Kissimmee, Florida, US

Brandy wrote:
In my port it is very much the truth... I have one nude with over 6,000 views...

Make that two...

I can't believe it! 6,000 views! But then again, yes I can; after seeing how you look!I don't even think any of us guys on MM have come close or can. I could be wrong though. Something to strive for! Lol

Dec 15 06 12:24 am Link

Photographer

Wicked Illusion

Woodland, California, US

i have one nude, a little art shot and it has the most views.  I should put up the rest of the shots, they were more candid and more boobs but i will not lower myself like that.  I just like to shoot art, could care less about nudes really.  That one fem just wanted some topless so whatever..

Dec 15 06 12:25 am Link

Photographer

Huynh Studios

WTF is OP ? Are you preferring to me ?

I was just asking a question. I just want your opinions on it. Don't hate, constipate.

Dec 15 06 12:27 am Link

Photographer

Glen Berry

Sarah Ellis wrote:

Huynh Photography wrote:
The more reason why models are just props. We got one right here.

You have a Real Doll right there?

Well then, shut up and get busy with it, and leave us all alone!  wink

Dec 15 06 12:28 am Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

The images in my portfolio are varied. The 18+ images have less then some of the clothed imaged because the ones with twice number of comments show action in them or are of a very well know and liked model.
Nude is ok, but try drawing the attention of the viewing audience with a clothed model and I say you’ve got something.

Dec 15 06 12:28 am Link

Model

Sofie Garrucho

Guimbal, Western Visayas, Philippines

I'm relatively new here in MM. I've always thought that the mods here are pretty strict. I just wanna know, are there fake photographers here too? Or those so called pervs who just wanna see naked pics?

Dec 15 06 12:32 am Link

Photographer

Night Owl Photography

Atkinson, Illinois, US

Huynh Photography wrote:
So we're basically a bunch of perverts in disguise as photographer.

It seems that way to me.  Getting anyone to look at my images is like pulling teeth, because all of my models are fully clothed.

Dec 15 06 12:36 am Link

Photographer

Sockpuppet Studios

San Francisco, California, US

Mods are very strict about fake profiles...
If you see one let them know through CAM and it will be dealt with.

However it only takes 4 images to start a profile on MM so it is easy to just start one up and look at all the nude work on this site you want...But if we didn't want peopel looking at it we would not post it.

Dec 15 06 12:36 am Link

Photographer

Huynh Studios

There are freaks everywhere.

That's why you have to do background check. If you are unsure of the photographer, bring your boyfriend. Don't trust photographers. I've work with plenty of models. I want to meet them in a public place like a coffee shop before we talk about the shoots. It's CYA. Always good to CYA.

Dec 15 06 12:37 am Link

Photographer

Glen Berry

Huynh Photography wrote:
I've work with plenty of models. I want to meet them in a public place like a coffee shop before we talk about the shoots.

You talk to them about the shoots... and you said you didn't want to hear from models!

Dec 15 06 12:47 am Link

Photographer

Huynh Studios

True. If they don't understand the concept of working with me, then I really have no use for them.

Dec 15 06 12:49 am Link

Photographer

Huynh Studios

Models need photographers more than we need them.

Dec 15 06 12:51 am Link

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

Huynh Photography wrote:
Models need photographers more than we need them.

I believe there exists a mutual necessity. 

Especially if you want to be a fashion photographer (or any type that photographs people).

If you do landscape, still, etc, well then you don't need models....

Then again...there are other types of modeling that don't need photographers.  Runway, promotional, spokesmodeling, etc.

((Can't we all just get along?!  jeez.))

Dec 15 06 12:55 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Tim Hammond wrote:
No, the perverts are the ones who feel all icky and dirty when they see a nude human body then try to make everyone else ashamed of it by calling them perverts.  Most of us are just grown up people who've come to terms with the concept that the human body is beautiful.

*Buys Tim a beer*

Dec 15 06 12:56 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Huynh Photography wrote:
Some models just need to stop being a smart mouth. Just sit there and look pretty. Don't talk. We don't need to hear from models.

Rule 1 violation. Game penalty.

Dec 15 06 12:59 am Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

Wicked Illusion wrote:
i have one nude, a little art shot and it has the most views.  I should put up the rest of the shots, they were more candid and more boobs but i will not lower myself like that.  I just like to shoot art, could care less about nudes really.  That one fem just wanted some topless so whatever..

Lower?

Dec 15 06 01:01 am Link

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

Ched wrote:

hoorah!  hoorah for justice!

lol.

Dec 15 06 01:02 am Link

Photographer

Howard Garcia

New York, New York, US

Ched wrote:

Huynh Photography wrote:
Some models just need to stop being a smart mouth. Just sit there and look pretty. Don't talk. We don't need to hear from models.

Where is the flaming or name calling in his comment?
He made a general statement ( a valid one at that).
I think you guys are getting out of control with this sending people to the brig for any little BS yet you conveniently missed where someone called him a Troll:

SLE Photography wrote:

Well, between this thread and the "Sleeping with models" thread I was guessing the OP was a troll
Now with this comment I'n sure of it

Sad...very sad.

Dec 15 06 01:30 am Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

You betcher ass they do big_smile

Dec 15 06 01:31 am Link

Model

Chantelle Mathiasson

Carson City, Nevada, US

Michael Barian wrote:

I was view 197  hehe~

lol

Dec 15 06 01:35 am Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Huynh Photography wrote:
Am I even close to this assumption ?

Nude images will ALWAYS get more comments, and how is the quality of the comments?  Usually juvenile like :

HOT!
WOW!
She's Hot!
Hot pic!

So she's naked, BFD!

Dec 15 06 01:39 am Link

Photographer

Special Ed

New York, New York, US

Brandy wrote:
In my port it is very much the truth... I have one nude with over 6,000 views...

Make that two...

Yeah but you have really great boobs, so that's like cheating....well, almost tongue

Dec 15 06 01:41 am Link

Photographer

Special Ed

New York, New York, US

Hamza wrote:

Nude images will ALWAYS get more comments, and how is the quality of the comments?  Usually juvenile like :

HOT!
WOW!
She's Hot!
Hot pic!

So she's naked, BFD!

Hey now, those are the last 4 comments I made....You aren't stalking me are you???

Dec 15 06 01:41 am Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

My most viewed picture (and 2nd most commented) is far from nude.   My most commented picture (and second most viewed) is far from nude.

smile

Dec 15 06 01:42 am Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Howard Garcia wrote:

Huynh Photography wrote:

He made a general statement ( a valid one at that).
I think you guys are getting out of control with this sending people to the brig for any little BS yet you conveniently missed where someone called him a Troll:

SLE Photography wrote:
Well, between this thread and the "Sleeping with models" thread I was guessing the OP was a troll
Now with this comment I'n sure of it

Howard Garcia wrote:
Sad...very sad.

Howard, it's called Power Hungry Moderator Syndrome.  It's where a moderator mis-reads something and jumps to conclusions.  It will take another wiser moderator who is actually moderate to fix the situation.  It happens here all the time.  Keep watching, there is NO Justice on MM. 

Now I have made a general statement and am most likely going to be retaliated by the syndrome of which I have explained.  I will have to write several emails to the wiser moderators and will be back tomorrow...  we'll see what happens...  LMAO

Dec 15 06 01:45 am Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Ed Remington wrote:
Hey now, those are the last 4 comments I made....You aren't stalking me are you???

Ed, it's not always about you...

David Scott wrote:
My most viewed picture (and 2nd most commented) is far from nude.   My most commented picture (and second most viewed) is far from nude.

smile

Put up a NUDE shot in your port and see how soon that changes!!!

Dec 15 06 01:47 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Howard Garcia wrote:

There is more to Rule #1 than that.

[1] Absolutely NO FLAMING OR NAME CALLING. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm. Please keep profanity and gratuitously inflammatory language to a minimum. Personal attacks will not be tolerated on ModelMayhem.com.

Dec 15 06 01:47 am Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Ched wrote:

Howard Garcia wrote:

Ched, the guy is entitled to his opinion isn't he?  Since when does an opinion fall into Rule #1?

Dec 15 06 01:54 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Sarah Ellis wrote:

Some people think that photographers who can use correct grammar are better than the ones that DON'T.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Dec 15 06 01:54 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Hamza wrote:
Ched, the guy is entitled to his opinion isn't he?  Since when does an opinion fall into Rule #1?

Open a CAM thread if you want to talk about it, let's not hijack this thread anymore than needed.

Dec 15 06 01:57 am Link

Photographer

Howard Garcia

New York, New York, US

Ched wrote:

Howard Garcia wrote:

Well if that's the case how come half of MM members are not in the brig?
C'mon man, you know that the "uncivilized" posts are all over the place.
I'm sorry Ched but you're wrong, you are wrong on this one.
This is reminding me of certain countried where you can get arrested and in somen cases executed for your beleifs or what you say.
You are WRONG.

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Michael Barian wrote:

Lower?

You know?