Forums > General Industry > Do you think this is for real....?

Model

Elizabeth G

Dothan, Alabama, US

TXPhotog wrote:
I wonder how many times this has to be said before it finally sinks in . . . .

If people who know the truth don't answer, others will.  Others do.  And the "others" inevitably get hostile when someone tells them they are wrong.  Hence negativity.

Your suggestion is a prescription for the death of the forums as a useful teaching tool.

People will always answer.  I never said you or anyone else was wrong in context. Its always great to recieve feedback--especially those who are experienced and know!- but if it is such an annoyance, why bother? Because like you said...others will answer. That's all I had to say. Oh, and the forums are a great teaching tool... that's why questions are asked!...why bring them down with scornful comments about not doing research prior to posting on the forum?
(and I do know that a lot of times people do this, however this time I don't believe that is the case)

Dec 12 06 05:13 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth G

Dothan, Alabama, US

Dec 12 06 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

BlindMike wrote:
Because ignoring it doesn't change anything for the better. Stupid accumulates.

It does, and it has. Fighting it is an intensely draining crusade, though, and sometimes I wonder why anybody would bother. Anybody who's been here and places like it long enough has seen isolated stupidity grow to the level of generally accepted/expected stupidity many times over.

Dec 12 06 05:23 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Elizabeth G wrote:
People will always answer.  I never said you or anyone else was wrong in context. Its always great to recieve feedback--especially those who are experienced and know!- but if it is such an annoyance, why bother? Because like you said...others will answer. That's all I had to say. Oh, and the forums are a great teaching tool... that's why questions are asked!...why bring them down with scornful comments about not doing research prior to posting on the forum?
(and I do know that a lot of times people do this, however this time I don't believe that is the case)

Believe what you wish, I will believe what I wish, and I will act on what I believe.

Dec 12 06 05:29 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth G

Dothan, Alabama, US

Agreed.

Dec 12 06 05:30 pm Link

Model

Deadlynightshade

Los Angeles, California, US

It's really sad that the thread has escalated to this.  No one can seem to get over this!  When saying stupidity accumulates and stupid people do this or that then comparing it to MY thread I take it as an attack.  Basically now you are calling me stupid because some of you think I didn't do any research and I expect everyone to give me the answers.  I really don't see where you came up with that. Like I said before asking this question was a PART of my research NOT my ONLY research. God...

Dec 13 06 12:19 am Link