Forums > General Industry > OFFICIALLY sick of it ALL!!! models that cancel

Photographer

Mark

New York, New York, US

OFFICIALLY sick of it ALL!!! models that cancel - 3 free tests this week no one shows,

strip the hot shoe connector for a speedlight soft box and they dont sell the $2 replacement solo or Calumet just didnt carry it and all the Israelites (at B&H,Adorama)have gone home for Friday

Can't get any interested in paying me on a consistent basis, not even $200 tests.

dont know how you guys do it and you have my respect- bless you all. 

But as for me I am too dumb, have too little talent, too full of self pity, just plain too too

REally need to give this up get a regular 9-5 and take the little camera out on weekends.

And this fantasy to smash my camera and lens with a sledge hammer and put it in a plastic see thru box on my living room table and look at it for the next 10 years, just seems more and more  desirable

Dec 08 06 05:22 pm Link

Model

Stacy

Englewood, Florida, US

I dont know what those models were thinking....

Dec 08 06 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

https://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6396/jeeziz3.jpg

Dec 08 06 05:26 pm Link

Model

Amanda Padilla

New York, New York, US

Image K wrote:
https://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6396/jeeziz3.jpg

You like that pic a lot.... HHAHA

Dec 08 06 05:28 pm Link

Photographer

Wicked Illusion

Woodland, California, US

shit happens, kids.....

Photographer

Kris Perry Photography

Placentia, California, US

I know its fucked up from time to time,but you got good work dawg i'd hate to see you quit over some idiots..

thats just my opinion!

kp

Model

Nala Mills

Chicago, Illinois, US

Guess what? A photographer flaked on me today!!!! Did I bitch? Nope. More study time for my final tomorrow. ;-)

Dec 08 06 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Merlinpix

Farmingdale, New York, US

That's the nature of the business, if you can't stand the heat get out of hell smile

Dec 08 06 05:32 pm Link

Photographer

PK Brazil

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Take a lesson from the airlines and triple book and hope 1 shows.

Dec 08 06 05:34 pm Link

Model

Chaya Phally

New York, New York, US

Wicked Illusion wrote:
shit happens, kids.....

yeah...

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

https://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/602/602__image_09.jpg

Photographer

wevulla

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

Wow! I feel your pain. Being a photographer hasn't been about living the life. It's about driving a shity car, living in a shity house not knowing where your next job is coming from, bouncing checks and barely scrapping by. I can't live like this! But I love - oh god - I love it. And I can't stop.
I had a model flake out today - it sux!

-Nolan

Dec 08 06 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

Dec 08 06 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

Michael R Kihn Studios

Erie, Pennsylvania, US

Gee haven't I heard this before  X 200

Dec 08 06 05:38 pm Link

Model

Guy Daniels

New York, New York, US

Well, again let me just say , i PERSONALLY would never do that....

if i were you, id tell everyone i know not to work with them, because OBVIOUSLY they are unprofessional

Plus your work is good as hell, id kill for high quality images FOR FREE

Dec 08 06 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

PK Brazil wrote:

You have to do that when traveling.

Dec 08 06 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

If she has a MySpace, post this in her Comments section:

Hey!!!! I found the answer to that question you asked me about the other day. I think that it's Chlamydia you've got instead of Syphilis. I know you told me that you were having problems with an infectious discharge, which is a common symptom of syphilis, but I think that the constant pain in your lower stomach and burning sensation when you pee are more characteristic of Chlamydia. I know how you didn't want to talk to your parents about it so I didn't mind calling around to find out what is wrong with you. Just being a good friend and letting ya know ~holla back P.S. I heard walgreens has that cream that you needed for that oral herpes too. And dont worry, it doesnt have any alchohol so it wont burn like the last 7 creams you tried.

Dec 08 06 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

Kas_

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

I sure am glad this is the first time someone has brought this up, it really puts things in perspective big_smile

Dec 08 06 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Kasmia wrote:
I sure am glad this is the first time someone has brought this up, it really puts things in perspective big_smile

Do I have a chance at a gold star here, Kasmia?

~~crosses fingers~~

Dec 08 06 05:50 pm Link

Photographer

Mark

New York, New York, US

Kudos to you guys.  I'm just a hack who is getting tired of failure.

Left ear or right Vincent?

Dec 08 06 06:04 pm Link

Photographer

c_d_s

Lubbock, Texas, US

PK Brazil wrote:

I triple booked once and they all showed up. Good thing I brought plenty of film.

Dec 08 06 06:06 pm Link

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

Wicked Illusion wrote:
shit happens, kids.....

Problem is....... it always fuckin' happens. We spend more time worrying all week if the dope is going to show or not.....

Dec 08 06 07:21 pm Link

Model

Rose Summers

Matamoras, Pennsylvania, US

Mark wrote:
Kudos to you guys.  I'm just a hack who is getting tired of failure.

Left ear or right Vincent?

There is no failure on your part - it's the models failing to care or even think!!!! Stop agreeing to photograph dumb models & all will be well smile. P.S. Your work is amazing!

Dec 08 06 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

ChanStudio

Alpharetta, Georgia, US

The best way is to get a steady job while doing your photography on the side.  That way, you will still learn photography and do what you like without worrying about steady income.

If you go to any photography seminar, photography is about 90% marketing/advertising and 10% real work.

Dec 08 06 07:30 pm Link

Model

Angela_M

Chicago, Illinois, US

I bet if there was less TFCD there would be less "models."

Dec 08 06 07:31 pm Link

Photographer

KARIMMUHAMMAD

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

have them pay u $50 (First thru paypal) to book your time.
Money talks!!!! when models have money on the line they will show up!

Dec 08 06 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

Angela Crystal McAdrian wrote:

untrue/false

Dec 08 06 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Goss Photography

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

been there and done that. Had 3 of 5 models cancel on me my last trip and  two never bothered to call. At least one had the decency to call the night before. But the way I look at it its their loss tons of models around and when you find a good on keep shooting with her don't give up just don't give them a second chance to cancel again!

Dec 08 06 07:35 pm Link

Model

RDawkins

Breckenridge, Colorado, US

You pay for what you get.

Usually the whiners aren't as talented as you, though. Goes to show some models are jerks to all levels of photographer.

Bummer. Oh well.

Dec 08 06 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

giovanni gruttola

Middle Island, New York, US

Mark wrote:
OFFICIALLY sick of it ALL!!! models that cancel - 3 free tests this week no one shows,

Can't get any interested in paying me on a consistent basis, not even $200 tests.

dont know how you guys do it and you have my respect- bless you all. 

But as for me I am too dumb, have too little talent, too full of self pity, just plain too too

REally need to give this up get a regular 9-5 and take the little camera out on weekends.

And this fantasy to smash my camera and lens with a sledge hammer and put it in a plastic see thru box on my living room table and look at it for the next 10 years, just seems more and more  desirable

Let me know when you sell your stuff :-o

Dec 08 06 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

First of all, to the OP, enjoy your stuff.

Secondly, IMO, this is not a good place for work. The way I see it, this is a fun place to chat and discuss and occasionally find someone to shoot some fun stuff with. I don't do work-related stuff online, just too many hassles and not enough assurances, and the working "culture" of this place just isn't conducive to the brick-and-mortar world.

In other words, peas and carrots are kept in seperate dishes. smile

Dec 08 06 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I could live with less models if it also meant less flakes.

Dec 08 06 07:40 pm Link

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

Marko Cecic-Karuzic wrote:
First of all, to the OP, enjoy your stuff.

Secondly, IMO, this is not a good place for work. The way I see it, this is a fun place to chat and discuss and occasionally find someone to shoot some fun stuff with. I don't do work-related stuff online, just too many hassles and not enough assurances, and the working "culture" of this place just isn't conducive to the brick-and-mortar world.

In other words, peas and carrots are kept in seperate dishes. smile

Amen.
I get more shoots from off the streets or word of mouth than on these sites. We all blab on here all day...but dont ask each other to shoot.  LOL

Do models even do a "search" for photographers in the "browse" section at all...I havent yet had a model come out of the blue for a shoot...seems im always the initiator.....

Dec 08 06 07:42 pm Link

Photographer

PDB Imagery

Phoenix, Arizona, US

You might have something there .... Hhhuuuummmmmm

Dec 08 06 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Blanchette

Irvine, California, US

The fact that you even posted this thread is a fantasy to me. I would love to experience the down falls just to be able to once say, "Wow! I take pictures for a living."

The way it is now, I get the crap of a photographer, as well, get it for all of life's other money making hassles as well.

Gary

Dec 08 06 07:45 pm Link

Model

Angela_M

Chicago, Illinois, US

Me too. smile

Dec 08 06 07:45 pm Link

Model

Rania

Montclair, New Jersey, US

FosbreStudios wrote:
Do models even do a "search" for photographers in the "browse" section at all...I havent yet had a model come out of the blue for a shoot...seems im always the initiator.....

I use the browse feature all the time. I email whoever im interested in working with. Sometimes I hear back from them- sometimes i dont.

But you only have four pictures in your port...maybe that is why not many models are contacting you first.

Dec 08 06 07:46 pm Link

Model

Angela_M

Chicago, Illinois, US

Phil Branson wrote:

You might have something there .... Hhhuuuummmmmm [/quote
I wish. smile

Dec 08 06 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

rania wrote:

I use the browse feature all the time. I email whoever im interested in working with. Sometimes I hear back from them- sometimes i dont.

But you only have four pictures in your port...maybe that is why not many models are contacting you first.

Somebody had to say it.

https://bestsmileys.com/love2/11.gif

Dec 08 06 07:47 pm Link

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

rania wrote:

I had about 18 photos..."read Profile" I am in process of taking ALL of them down in place of new ones...maybe thats another problem, no one READS, just put assumptions out there.

Dec 08 06 07:48 pm Link