Forums > General Industry > OFFICIALLY sick of it ALL!!! models that cancel

Photographer

Len Cook Photographer

Fremont, California, US

Mark wrote:
Left ear or right Vincent?

Hah!  At least your sense of humor keeps coming up for air.  Good for you.

Dec 08 06 07:49 pm Link

Model

Rania

Montclair, New Jersey, US

FosbreStudios wrote:

I had about 18 photos..."read Profile" I am in process of taking ALL of them down in place of new ones...maybe thats another problem, no one READS, just put assumptions out there.

i actually did read your WHOLE profile.
that does not change the fact that you only have four pictures in your port.

Dec 08 06 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

rania wrote:

As of TODAY I took down 14 photos..so I've had 18 up there for over a year. Today is DAY ONE with only 4 photos

Dec 08 06 07:51 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

rania wrote:

Go R-a-n-i-a!!

Go R-a-n-i-a!!

Dec 08 06 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Ector

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Thats why I am SOOOOOOO glad I have 3  beautiful sisters. I dont have to do ANY tfp's..lol. They are all in my port and whenever I want a shoot, I will just ask one of them. Everyone else pays.

Dec 08 06 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

Bevon Findley

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

you can shoot me holding my camera. i wont flake on you. wink

Dec 08 06 07:53 pm Link

Model

Rania

FosbreStudios wrote:

As of TODAY I took down 14 photos..so I've had 18 up there for over a year. Today is DAY ONE with only 4 photos

Since you are so fond of reading, check out my original post, I said MAYBE that is why not many models are contacting you first.
If you think that is not the case, then ignore me.
I do not know or care what you do w/ your profile on a daily basis.
I was just pointing something out.

Dec 08 06 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

Image K wrote:

Go R-a-n-i-a!!

Go R-a-n-i-a!!

She lost, TODAY is DAY ONE with only 4 photos. So that doesnt count for however long i've had a full set of photos up there with no models being the initiator. yes, i have worked with some mm's, but need more than just 1 or 2 every 6 months for cryin' out loud!
Yes, I will browse the model search for NJ..but not every day or every week, because its the same ones, same photos, never touched in months...and wonder...hey..if you did a nj browse for photographer..i just might be local and you can get new photos up! Instead...i browse about twice a month..they all have same photos month after month after month..its like a waste of time.

Dec 08 06 07:55 pm Link

Model

Rania

FosbreStudios wrote:

She lost

Lost?!?
I didnt know there was something i was trying to win.

Dec 08 06 07:56 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

FosbreStudios wrote:

I have a suggestion...

Instead of snapping at Rania for making a legit observation, and spending all this time on this redundant thread...

Post some more pics on your port?

Just an idea.

Dec 08 06 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

giovanni gruttola

Middle Island, New York, US

Yaddah, Yaddah, Yaddah... did Mark list the cameras he's selling yet??? :-o

Dec 08 06 07:58 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Kym Dudley

Tallahassee, Florida, US

P.S.  This problem spans all professions.  I've offered free hair services just so I could have some updated pics and I've had no shows PLENTY of times.   So I started offering a discount instead of just FREE.  I mean, if you yeard Applebee's was giving away free fried shrimp platters, your 1st thought would be "What's wrong w/the shrimp?"  Maybe that's what the models think when we offer free services.

Not only photographers suffer these little amoebic nonchalanites.

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

I do shoots just about every weekend.......and the last one i did that was actually from MM or other site, was in september...and yes..i have a 7 hour shoot tomorrow...with multiple professional models, all nude, lingerie..and i dont have to pay a dime  smile  And none of them are even on the internet........

EDIT:
oh and ps....

I will be getting paid for this 7 hour job/shoot

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

Image K wrote:

I have a suggestion...

Instead of snapping at Rania for making a legit observation, and spending all this time on this redundant thread...

Post some more pics on your port?

Just an idea.

I AM..i just took all of them down TODAY for christ sakes. More are coming......

in other words..its........ OUT WITH THE OLD and IN WITH THE NEW.

Dec 08 06 08:00 pm Link

Photographer

Len Cook Photographer

Fremont, California, US

Lady F wrote:
amoebic nonchalanites.

BBBWWWWAAAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

HIGH FIVE!  That's a keeper!

Dec 08 06 08:02 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

FosbreStudios wrote:

I AM..i just took all of them down TODAY for christ sakes. More are coming......

in other words..its........ OUT WITH THE OLD and IN WITH THE NEW.

Ok, so GO AWAY, leave this thread, and don't come back until you have some more pics on your port!

Dec 08 06 08:03 pm Link

Model

Iris

Dallas, Texas, US

Mark wrote:
OFFICIALLY sick of it ALL!!! models that cancel - 3 free tests this week no one shows,

strip the hot shoe connector for a speedlight soft box and they dont sell the $2 replacement solo or Calumet just didnt carry it and all the Israelites (at B&H,Adorama)have gone home for Friday

Can't get any interested in paying me on a consistent basis, not even $200 tests.

dont know how you guys do it and you have my respect- bless you all.

Dude, your work is fabulous. The models were stupid.

Model

Rania

Im'age NY (INY) wrote:

He's not going to sell anything!!!
He's just having a bad day
(i hope)

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Len Cook Photographer wrote:

Oh, yeah!

Can I have permission to call Len Cook an "amoebic nonchalanite"?

(Just kidding, Len)

Dec 08 06 08:04 pm Link

Model

Rania

Image K wrote:

Ok, so GO AWAY, leave this thread, and don't come back until you have some more pics on your port!

lol

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

Image K wrote:

Ok, bye bye.....i need my rest anyway..i have a very long night tomorrow ......

smile

new pics soon....

EDIT
ps: and Rania..im not lashin' out on you ....just wanted you to know that  smile

You're in NJ...you should join this shoot i have tomorrow.....ok see you there ....its in n.e. philly

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

FosbreStudios wrote:

Ok, bye bye.....i need my rest anyway..i have a very long night tomorrow ......

smile

new pics soon....

We have all been there, my friend.

Let it roll off your back.

Morning comes- tomorrow is another day.

Dec 08 06 08:06 pm Link

Photographer

Len Cook Photographer

Fremont, California, US

Image K wrote:
Oh, yeah!

Can I have permission to call Len Cook an "amoebic nonchalanite"?

(Just kidding, Len)

That'd be me, all right -- a case of Montezuma's Revenge just waitin' to happen!

Dec 08 06 08:09 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Kym Dudley

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Len Cook Photographer wrote:

*bowing*  Thank you, thank you.  1st thing that came to mind.

Dec 08 06 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Lady F wrote:

And that was your first post ever?

Wow! I can't wait to see more!

Dec 08 06 08:13 pm Link

Model

JODI LEVIN

Fox Lake, Illinois, US

hey- just for the record-I browse the photographer before the models. just to look.
but, i didn't think it was respectful to approach a photographer for tfp, maybe i think too highly of photographers. I thought if they were devoting their time, energy and expertise - I as a model should feel honored they can work with my look. - this sheds a new light on things- i should ask for tfp, and not feel like a begging loser " please take my picture, if you dont feel it a waste of your time and make me beautiful?"

ok- their loss you do great work.

Dec 08 06 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

Len Cook Photographer

Fremont, California, US

Lady F wrote:

Oh, yeah.  I agree with Ken.  You're gonna add something special around here.

Dec 08 06 08:35 pm Link

Photographer

Len Cook Photographer

Fremont, California, US

JODI LEVIN wrote:
...i should ask for tfp, and not feel like a begging loser...

Go for it.  Tell your friends.  Models should do their homework, figure out what they want in their books, then chase down the photographers who can provide it.  Smart folks will make it a win-win.

Dec 08 06 08:37 pm Link

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

I never canceled or postponed indefinitely, the photographers did.

Dec 08 06 08:42 pm Link

Photographer

bill thompson photog

Corona, California, US

Mark wrote:
But as for me I am too dumb, have too little talent, too full of self pity

REally need to give this up get a regular 9-5 and take the little camera out on weekends.

9-5, try you'll see, there is disappointment there also, no difference. My advice is Keep the dumb you'll need it later,  loose the pity works against the dumb.

Take a deep breath and a week off, You'll be back... I'll bet my money on it and that really means something in my office.

Bill Thompson, photographer.

Dec 08 06 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

Mark

New York, New York, US

Im'age NY (INY) wrote:

Sorry I just went to "The container Store"  and got a nice clear plastic box to put all the smashed up pieces of camera/lens into and oh yeah  my right ear is in there too ouch

Dec 08 06 10:17 pm Link

Photographer

NewBoldPhoto

PORT MURRAY, New Jersey, US

Mark wrote:

Sorry I just went to "The container Store"  and got a nice clear plastic box to put all the smashed up pieces of camera/lens into and oh yeah  my right ear is in there too ouch

Hey Mark,
As you should have some extra time on your hands, now that your camera is in little pieces. Would you like to help retouch and resize some wedding photos? smile

Dec 08 06 10:23 pm Link

Photographer

j-shooter

San Francisco, California, US

Acceptance. Non-attachment. If the model arrives (on time or at all), just consider it a miracle.

Dec 08 06 10:24 pm Link

Photographer

Frederique Porter

Dover, Delaware, US

KMUHAMMAD wrote:
have them pay u $50 (First thru paypal) to book your time.
Money talks!!!! when models have money on the line they will show up!

They won't pay, they are TFP junkies!! Stop allowing models to contact you for TFP is the answer. If you want to do TFP, you choose the model, after seeing your work and knowing that you selected them for a TFP shoot, they will be more likely to show up.

It is really a shame, there are some models on here that are really serious, for others this is just a hobby and a way to get some images to hang in their house and on this site.

How many of the models here go out to agencies and actually try and find work or an agency, I'm very curious to know.

I love photography, I feel such passion about it, but lately all the request for TFP I believe I'm doing something wrong.

Don't give up, just stop dealing with the flakes and you will be fine. You can tell the flakes. If the model has crap in her portfolio, stay away...There is a good reason she doesn't have any images...

TFP is not a step in the career of a serious model. For everything else in life models are willing to pay for, shoes, clothing, hair salons...But for great images which they need to get ahead in a business they claim to want to be in, they aren't willing to pay one dime!

Something is very wrong!!!

Dec 08 06 11:34 pm Link

Photographer

Frederique Porter

Dover, Delaware, US

Mark wrote:

Please don't smash your camera, I will purchase it from you...That way when you feel better you can buy it back at a higher price?

Or you could always TFP it from me.

LMAO

Seriously, your work is serious...If a model is that stupid to stand you up....It shoudl wake you up, I'm for one glad she stood you up, you shouldn't have been shooting her to begin with.

Use agency girls for TFP! They are more professional, prompt and they are already working!

Stop whining on here and go out and find some serious models...Then come here and show those noshows what they missed.

Models like that you send emails so that they can see your recent work...Then when they ask to reschedule, you tell them that train has left the station. LOL

Dec 08 06 11:40 pm Link

Photographer

John Landers

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Mark wrote:
I just went to "The container Store"  and got a nice clear plastic box to put all the smashed up pieces of camera/lens into

That's a shame, especially since you just made Wolf189's "Best of" list:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?t … 64&page=14

I'll bet that box o' camera bits makes a dandy conversation piece, though smile

Dec 09 06 12:02 am Link

Digital Artist

Koray

Ankara, Ankara, Turkey

condolences tongue

Dec 09 06 12:12 am Link

Photographer

Nathan Trujillo

Chino Hills, California, US

Classic stuff...!

Dec 09 06 12:12 am Link

Model

Carole B

Durham, North Carolina, US

yea, they were crazy to not show up for you.  But someone posted before about having them pay you thru paypal.  I see you say "reasonable fee" have them pay you half of that...then the other half before or after the shoot is done!!!  Business is business.  You set up a doctors appointment or an appointment with the dentist and not show up..they still charge your ass for it!!!

Dec 09 06 12:19 am Link

Model

Jael M

Houston, Texas, US

Oh dear...not another one down because of forgetful "models"....read part on my profile that says "willing to travel".... All the best

-Jael

Dec 09 06 12:26 am Link