Forums > General Industry > Model Mayhem... We have a problem....

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SickShooter wrote:
It seems his port is gone.

Also, in Missouri, 17 is legal as far as sexual activity, but still illegal for photos.  I thought Utah had similar age of consent laws? That MIGHT help in court, if so...

In Utah the age of consent for sex is 14.

Nov 29 06 03:03 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

one hundred sixty-one...

Nov 29 06 03:05 pm Link

Model

nancubabe

Miami, Florida, US

Oh...sick why can't we trust!   thats too bad.

Nov 29 06 03:07 pm Link

Model

Shura

Jefferson City, Missouri, US

schipper photo wrote:

isn't it the predator who is to blame, not the parents?

Both are to blame. Predator for  obvious reason. Parents are supposed to be there to protect their child from predators like that. So where were they?

Nov 29 06 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

Bloomfield, New Jersey, US

RBDesign wrote:
HEADLINE

A black groom got shot in NYC after leaving a place under surveillance, running over a cop, running into a van full of cops twice. Us wight folks would expect to get shot.

RB

Damn ! Some deliberately changed the whole story in delivering it to your region of the country. Watch CNN for your news. That source is a fraud

Nov 29 06 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

HUmby_G wrote:
Now i am so curious, who was this dude?
I wanted to see his port for myself. To see if there were clues that we all missed.
To help our busniess, we need to police our own, expose these people. Before they hurt someone.

just my two cents

A few of the friendlier MODs have told me I can't call you any names. I would like to call you a name because I think you deserve to be called something. What do you think I should call someone that indulges mindlessly in histrionics.

Nov 29 06 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

Studio Spike

New York, New York, US

Cecil Sharps wrote:
I do endorse waiting till all the facts come out

I got accused of stealing once.   I didn't steal anything, i got ACCUSED of it.  Cops came, put me in jail.  I'd never thought much about how these things work before....but it's kind of shocking to realize how easily someone can screw you like this.  They go fill out a complaint, and you end up in jail.  No money for bail?  You STAY in jail.   This guy may be guilty....but just the fact that he was accused means nothing.

Nov 29 06 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Pattaya, Central, Thailand

You made me smile!

Bob Randall Photography wrote:

A few of the friendlier MODs have told me I can't call you any names. I would like to call you a name because I think you deserve to be called something. What do you think I should call someone that indulges mindlessly in histrionics.

Nov 29 06 03:12 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

bang bang photo wrote:
You made me smile!

I feel like quitting here. Its hard to believe the once lively and somewhat intelligent  MM forums have become a haven for....    what do you call those people that don't pay attention to anything and are made to sit in the corner wearing a pointed cap...   I can't say myself because I promised one of the nicer MODs I would behave in public.

Nov 29 06 03:17 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

IF you cant have sex  with an 17 year old in Utah then you can go down to  50 W. North Temple  and arrest veryone.

Nov 29 06 03:19 pm Link

Photographer

Admiral Frog

Roswell, Georgia, US

a historectum perhaps?

Nov 29 06 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Frog516 wrote:

a historectum perhaps?

For that one, you get my entire collection!
https://bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gif

https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e372/mrpoodledoo/36_12_6.gif

https://bestsmileys.com/kissing1/1.gif

https://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif

https://bestsmileys.com/kissing1/1.gif

https://bestsmileys.com/love2/6.gif

https://bestsmileys.com/dancing/11.gif

https://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/GKMcNeil/web%20stuff/Bolt.gif

Nov 29 06 03:23 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I feel like quitting here.

I feel your pain, but stick around, Bob.  There are damned few people who can offer experience, thoughtfulness and humor.  The "brain drain" is already a serious problem (for instance, OGR's decision to leave).

Nov 29 06 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

Admiral Frog

Roswell, Georgia, US

TXPhotog wrote:
I feel your pain, but stick around, Bob.  There are damned few people who can offer experience, thoughtfulness and humor.  The "brain drain" is already a serious problem (for instance, OGR's decision to leave).

I agree with TxPhotog here. Your Humor, widsom, and experience, are a great asset to beginners like myself.

Can I call you Uncle Bob?

Nov 29 06 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Beyond

Tustin, California, US

"Provo detectives say they will be looking into every aspect of the case including partners Sorensen may have had and other victims in his past."

Wouldn't it help detectives (or the accused for that matter) if they were able to question the other models on MM he's worked with? I understand that MM may not want the publicity, but hopefully they can provide the links to people he's worked with here just in case.

Nov 29 06 03:32 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Frog516 wrote:

I agree with TxPhotog here. Your Humor, widsom, and experience, are a great asset to beginners like myself.

I've been called much worse. Do you have any idea how stupid I feel answering your post while looking at the lunacy on the floor directly below you. Oh God, where do they come from.

Nov 29 06 03:36 pm Link

Model

Amanda Padilla

New York, New York, US

smile

Nov 29 06 03:37 pm Link

Model

Amanda Padilla

New York, New York, US

smile

Nov 29 06 03:37 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Frog516 wrote:

He was the model for Smiling Bob.

Nov 29 06 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

Admiral Frog

Roswell, Georgia, US

I've been called much worse. Do you have any idea how stupid I feel answering your post while looking at the lunacy on the floor directly below you. Oh God, where do they come from.

The way I see it is, most of the people you are referring to are like a car wreck, you don't want to look or respond, but sometimes you can't help it.

Nov 29 06 03:43 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Frog516 wrote:

The way I see it is, most of the people you are referring to are like a car wreck, you don't want to look or respond, but sometimes you can't help it.

You have a point, but... most of the car wrecks you see at the side of the road don't come over and spit at you and honk their horn in your face and leak fuel on your shoes and dump battery acid in your drinking glass (that was a stretch of a metaphor) and then tell you they aren't a wreck they're an artist.

Nov 29 06 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

The point of this post was not to rush to judgement or to inspire a lynch mob... It was written to simply highlight some issues that are of some importance because of our chosen field. While I can certainly understand the ire of the hang by his balls people, I did not jump in with that crowd.

I did not go into hysterics... Infact I reinterated that this was just an arrest.

Most of the issues that the story brought up... But the conversation to this point never covered a point I found disturbing was the fact he was arrested in part for sexually suggestive pictures... Read, not sexually explicit, simply sexually suggestive.

And thus, yes model mayhem we have a problem... I have seen far too many models who are under age who have been shot in my socially liberal opinion in sexually suggestive poses. Close up crotch and ass shots of minors in under wear, or bed sheets... Do a search for yourself, and you will see that there is a huge issue with that on this site.

And if the pictures of such can have you arrested, what do you suppose can happen to a person who's site hosts such pictures and makes them readily viewible for the general public?

Nov 29 06 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

ravens laughter wrote:
I won't say anything about the person who allegedly did this, because then I could get in trouble (but since the story is published I can put the link here), how ever let this be a lesson to all of you who prey on the aspirations of another.... you're going to be caught. It might not be right away, but someone will talk, and when they do.... well lets just say sexual preditors don't get it easy in prison.

ravens laughter wrote:
The point of this post was not to rush to judgement or to inspire a lynch mob... It was written to simply highlight some issues that are of some importance because of our chosen field. While I can certainly understand the ire of the hang by his balls people, I did not jump in with that crowd.

I did not go into hysterics... Infact I reinterated that this was just an arrest.

Most of the issues that the story brought up... But the conversation to this point never covered a point I found disturbing was the fact he was arrested in part for sexually suggestive pictures... Read, not sexually explicit, simply sexually suggestive.

And thus, yes model mayhem we have a problem... I have seen far too many models who are under age who have been shot in my socially liberal opinion in sexually suggestive poses. Close up crotch and ass shots of minors in under wear, or bed sheets... Do a search for yourself, and you will see that there is a huge issue with that on this site.

And if the pictures of such can have you arrested, what do you suppose can happen to a person who's site hosts such pictures and makes them readily viewible for the general public?

I think MM has a problem with disingenuous posting. I think that you said one thing in your OP and another entirely different thing in your last post. The tenor of the two don't match and everyone with half a brain can see it. My question is; why did you try to manipulate your statement to a different effect. Just curious.

Nov 29 06 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

shogun of the dark

Los Angeles, California, US

oh, man.  i just got my ass kicked for suggesting that there are perverts posing as photogs. 

But still, the info does seem a bit sketchy.  They connected through MM?

Nov 29 06 06:01 pm Link