Madison, Mississippi, US

The Don Mon wrote:
cause their my space isnt giving them enough attention ... ? ... lol

I am HUGE on myspace. Dammit.

Nov 29 06 07:36 am Link

Photographer

Royal Photography

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Do your work and work hard and well...then let people who look at your photos determine if you are a model or not....ditto for us photographers

Nov 29 06 07:48 am Link

Photographer

jeff e photo

Los Angeles, California, US

I think some people took the post in the wrong way.  If you are pursuing something (as a model, photographer, etc.) call yourself whatever you want. I am a firm believer that you have to take it on fully and immerse yourself in it.  I pursued acting for two years before I would call myself an actor and only until I started calling myself an actor did things really start happening. 

I call myself a photographer even though I've only been shooting for a month.  If I don't call myself a photographer, I won't grow and become something great.  I will tell you that I shoot as often as I can and take every opportunity to learn more about it.

What gets me is people that have opportunities to advance their careers and they blow it off!

Nov 29 06 12:27 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Lightwave Photography wrote:
I recommend paying a professional to get good photos rather than embarrassing yourself with webcam pics.

I tend to agree with this sentiment.  Webcam shots are for personal websites and places like MySpace, not a modelling portfolio.

Personally, I find them tacky and/or lazy. 

You usually only find them in the so-called portfolios of girls who come over here from MySpace just for attention --you know, the same girls who rarely want to shoot with actual photographers.

Nov 29 06 08:21 pm Link

Photographer

Luccied

BASKING RIDGE, New Jersey, US

I nominate myself for the second part of this thread, the one about photographers.

Nov 29 06 08:27 pm Link

Model

Sinistra626

Tampa, Florida, US

Footprint Photo wrote:
I love the "models" on here that started a profile over a year ago and have never added new pics to their port, but will occassionaly tell a photographer they want to shoot and then not show up. 

Do they start profiles just to tell their friends they are "models"??   Sad.

Just blowing off steam.  Grrrrr . . . flakes.

_ jeff

wow......lol. Ive barly told anyone that Ive been trying to be a model I dont even call myself one yet. Their lucky to get offers on here I have only got 3 photog. who want to take taked nude pictures when my age clearly says 16. 1 photog. that says he wants to "create art with me" hmm naked in pictures with me art? How does he take the pictures! lol. and many many offers when i turn 18.  : 0 (
I'll go for the "flakes"!

Nov 29 06 08:35 pm Link

Model

SheilaMary

Orlando, Florida, US

Tiff Marie wrote:
i'm not a model, i'm just a girl that some people like to take pictures of.

LoL, Im stealing this line....Even as I like to do shoots for a hobby, I never even have the guts to brag about that....but a girl that some ppl like to take picutres of....I can completely agree with and I still manage to get attention

I wonder, when someone claims to be a model, isnt the question asked in return:

"Really, have I seen you in any ads, who do you model for?"

and that alone is enough reason to just avoid the entire conversation...especially because they never understand the concept that i do it for fun!

Nov 29 06 08:47 pm Link

Model

ciaogoodbyeadios

Los Angeles, California, US

I don't consider myself a real model.  I consider myself an aspiring wannabe that does some work every now and then smile

Nov 29 06 08:49 pm Link