Forums > General Industry > WHY?? Shoes in nude pics

Model

K Ann

Renton, Washington, US

I'm a little on the short/average side of height, shoes help. Do you shoot nudes without their make up on?

Nov 21 06 03:49 am Link

Model

K Ann

Renton, Washington, US

mphot wrote:
I have never understood, perhaps I am naieve as to why so very many nude shots are not "Barefoot"  Pretty feet can be expressive.

Pretty feet can be 'expensive.'

Personally, I hate my feet sad

...but you're right, a barefoot nude would seem more sensual, I think...

Nov 21 06 03:51 am Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

mphot wrote:
have never understood, perhaps I am naieve as to why so very many nude shots are not "Barefoot"  Nudie shoots with long spiked heels ...

have seen some wonderful nudes with the model wearing only ballet slippers, as well as some, again, model/dancer feet, really hard-worked feet; ref. work by Howard Schatz (www.howardschatz.com) ...

we all have different tastes & preferences, don't we?

F

Nov 21 06 04:12 am Link

Model

Sexiest Carly

Los Angeles, California, US

it's simply not a matter of preference, but genre.

if you're looking to shoot a glamour nude, then shoes- heels should be included.

If you're looking to shoot art/fine art then by no means would shoes exist, especially since the juxt of the genre is abstractism anyhow. shoes would detract.

*toe shoes seem to be a good exclusion from this rule, as they are acquainted with the classical arts.

Nov 22 06 07:31 pm Link

Photographer

TDC

Glendale, Arizona, US

"Women wear shoes in nude photographs ?"

Dec 04 06 11:59 pm Link

Model

Sandra

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

This reminds me of the movie "American Psycho" the guy Patrick Bateman played by Christian Bale is running around buck naked with a chainsaw and covered in blood but still has his tennis shoes on... LOL

Even the boys have to sport shoes naked wink

*Sandra

Dec 05 06 12:02 am Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

mphot wrote:
I have never understood, perhaps I am naieve as to why so very many nude shots are not "Barefoot"  Nudie shoots with long spiked heels look weird, maybe the models need a quick getaway and theres broken glass everywhere..??  Pretty feet can be expressive.

Good morning, hi!  I have both.  You are welcome to enjoy my MM listing and my business website anytime.

Truly, Kathy Jean
www.kathays.com

Dec 05 06 08:09 am Link

Photographer

Glen Berry

Huntington, West Virginia, US

carlyerin wrote:
If you're looking to shoot art/fine art then by no means would shoes exist, especially since the juxt of the genre is abstractism anyhow.

That brings up my personal pet peeve—the notion that a "fine-art nude" has to be what many would call a "figure study". There are all sorts of approaches to fine art photography that involve nudity. A figure study is just one approach, and it is probably the most cliche-prone approach of all.

Dec 06 06 10:00 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

mphot wrote:
WHY?? Shoes in nude pics

It tingles

Dec 08 06 11:47 am Link

Model

LORA

Washington, District of Columbia, US

'Cause I like my shoes more than I like my feet.

Dec 08 06 11:52 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

both are good

i am grateful i have either

Dec 08 06 11:54 am Link

Photographer

bobby sargent

Deming, New Mexico, US

I like shoes when the need calls for them.

So you do not like them. 

So its just your opinion whats good and what isn't. bs

Dec 08 06 12:46 pm Link

Photographer

photoguy42

Toledo, Ohio, US

Maybe they just want to keep their feet warm?

Dec 08 06 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

R Michael Walker

Costa Mesa, California, US

Lora wrote:
'Cause I like my shoes more than I like my feet.

Not anything against YOUR feet but I too like shoes more than feet. AND I like protecting them as well. And keeping my models safe and happy in the process. PLUS i like the little something shoes add to a nude. Not always but often.
Mike

Dec 08 06 12:51 pm Link

Photographer

Special Ed

New York, New York, US

Tom deL wrote:

Cause they need 'em to keep they butts off the floor?

The best reason I can think of!!!! tongue

Dec 08 06 12:53 pm Link

Model

Samantha Grace

Los Angeles, California, US

Well, I shot nude in the snow. I didn't want to get sick. It actually looked sexy. I had hot knee high black boots on.

Dec 08 06 04:50 pm Link

Model

Stacy

Englewood, Florida, US

mphot wrote:
I have never understood, perhaps I am naieve as to why so very many nude shots are not "Barefoot"  Nudie shoots with long spiked heels look weird, maybe the models need a quick getaway and theres broken glass everywhere..??  Pretty feet can be expressive.

I'm not a fan of nude shots with shoes either. But some photographers have requested it.

It can also depend on the shoes, and anything else in the shot.

Dec 08 06 04:53 pm Link