Forums > General Industry > I can't believe how bad this is

Model

Memi Haute

Eh...not a fan of the cover, but as usual I'll buy the magazine anyways. Mostly its not about the cover model for me, it's for the reading content.

Nov 19 06 02:00 am Link

Photographer

Industrial-Inc

Oakland, California, US

LOL. I just got home from the store and I had been thinking the same thing when I was standing at the checkout.

I hate her to begin with, but my baggage aside, that is such a horrible picture.

Poet

Nov 19 06 02:03 am Link

Photographer

Merlyn Magic Photo

Long Beach, California, US

Star wrote:

I'm not good with humor.

or high heels.

or finding my keys in the morning...

or cleaning...

or responding to pm's...

or finding my cell phone...

or parallell parking...

or spelling...

man is there ANYTHING I am good at smile

OK I'll take a shot...photography?

[Puns the lowest form of humor...God I need sleep]

Nov 19 06 02:04 am Link

Model

nikki fiction

Sacramento, California, US

not a fan of hers at all, but as objectively as possible - i can honestly say that i think she always looks like this! its horrible but the last few years she has taken on weird facial expressions i've noticed...but yes this pic isn't great at all and she's probably not too happy about it...thankfully most americans w/ short attention spans will forget about it quickly!

Nov 19 06 02:07 am Link

Photographer

Merlyn Magic Photo

Pat Thielen wrote:

You're good at photography. Duh!

wink

Teach me to post without reading the whole thread...Sleep, need sleep...Danged Iced tea and caffeine!

Nov 19 06 02:08 am Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

Thuy Anh wrote:
hair is a disaster though!!! it's like she had her hair tied up over night and just took out the bands and let it loose! and tried to brush it on a super humid day or something. it's all bumpy and banshee looking

various factors go into this: geographic preferences (e.g., small-town remote state vs larger state), market trends (e.g., Miami, NYC, L.A., Milan), timing (e.g., 1978 vs 2006), etc. ...

i've thought that i 'see the bigger picture' when i'm working in, say Texas, then realize the 'big picture' is even bigger when i work in L.A.; just a few yrs ago at a big runway show down in New Orleans we had some similar hair styles that were actually sought out.

F

Nov 19 06 02:12 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

What do these women have in common?

https://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2651/brideseo7.jpg

1:  They both have the same hairdo
2:  They both have massive foreheads
3:  They were both married to a really strange freak!!!

Nov 19 06 02:35 am Link

Photographer

mccStudio

Santa Cruz, California, US

i'll still marry her in a heart beat  smile

Nov 19 06 02:37 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

FML-Photography wrote:

various factors go into this: geographic preferences (e.g., small-town remote state vs larger state), market trends (e.g., Miami, NYC, L.A., Milan), timing (e.g., 1978 vs 2006), etc. ...

i've thought that i 'see the bigger picture' when i'm working in, say Texas, then realize the 'big picture' is even bigger when i work in L.A.; just a few yrs ago at a big runway show down in New Orleans we had some similar hair styles that were actually sought out.

F

True true, but seriously, my poor hair looks exactly like this when I tied it up in a bunch of places over night and then try to brush it in the morning. LOL

Nov 19 06 02:39 am Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Botox claims another victim....

Nov 19 06 02:40 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Searust

Austin, Texas, US

Uh--Ms. Kidman, we really won't need you for the photoshoot..it's all Photoshop.

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:
What do these women have in common?

https://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2651/brideseo7.jpg

1:  They both have the same hairdo
2:  They both have massive foreheads
3:  They were both married to a really strange freak!!!

this was exactly what I was thinking when I saw that image.

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

Lamonica wrote:
Botox claims another victim....

my initial thought as well.

Nov 19 06 07:02 am Link

Model

Kimberley

Brighton, Alabama, US

I dont really like it, doesnt do anything for me! Dont like what she is wearing...the whole boob area is wrong! x

Nov 19 06 07:11 am Link

Photographer

Gary Blanchette

Irvine, California, US

Rossi Photography wrote:
Ewww.

She looks.... Ugh! And what the hell did they do to her hair!??? lol...

The hair was the first thing I freaked on...

Nov 19 06 09:38 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Star wrote:
Papparazzi shots of Nicole Kidman are better than this. How could they ever have approved a cover that is so horrible!

Maybe they are selling the new Nicole Kidman troll doll this xmas?
https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n274/Fenwitch/nicolekidmanvogue1.jpg

I'm looking at this through a dial up modem connection which has given me forever to see it come up and analyze it for the characteristics the OP has stated. She used the word troll. Certainly the hairstyle is out there and maybe not to everyone's liking and the broad flat light makes her look a bit wider than she really is. My first reaction to the cover is that at least tried something different. My second reaction came when I saw this cover shot right next to the OP's avatar. I have to ask where you found the stones to be critical of anything.

Nov 19 06 09:53 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Do you smile to tempt a lover, mona lisa?
Or is this your way to hide a broken heart?
Many dreams have been brought to your doorstep
They just lie there and they die there
Are you warm, are you real, mona lisa?
Or just a cold and lonely lovely work of art?

Nat "the only King" Cole

Nov 19 06 09:58 am Link

Photographer

Adams Photography

Eufaula, Alabama, US

Well, look on the bright side. If her career fails, she can dress up like this and haunt houses for a living.

Nov 19 06 10:00 am Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

That is soooo uncool. She should have just donned a straight hair for this shoot. Yukky expression. Not a fan of this cover shot.

Nov 19 06 10:05 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

looks like a shot from a famous photographer like Bob or Bruce.

Nov 19 06 10:12 am Link

Photographer

RBDesign

North East, Maryland, US

Yep, this is a really bad NK shot. There are a lot of non-fans it the thread, I personally am a big fan and usually looks fantastic. One of the coolest things about Nicole, is how versatile her hair is, most of the time looking great, this time really bad.

One of the movies that she looked fantastic in was "To die for" anyone else have favorite Nicole looks?

RB

Nov 19 06 10:16 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Star wrote:
Papparazzi shots of Nicole Kidman are better than this. How could they ever have approved a cover that is so horrible!

quote]

Bob Randall Photography wrote:
I'm looking at this through a dial up modem connection which has given me forever to see it come up and analyze it for the characteristics the OP has stated. She used the word troll. Certainly the hairstyle is out there and maybe not to everyone's liking and the broad flat light makes her look a bit wider than she really is. My first reaction to the cover is that at least tried something different. My second reaction came when I saw this cover shot right next to the OP's avatar. I have to ask where you found the stones to be critical of anything.

Ouch.  And on Sunday too.

Nov 19 06 10:18 am Link

Model

Rae01

Austin, Texas, US

jade83 wrote:
Well, she certainly deserves that Vogue cover, but I Can't Believe she'd wear that Wonder Woman bustier-thing!!

i feel for her.  working with professionals at that level, she probably had total trust in their direction, and according to all of the the gossip rags, she seems to have a lot on her plate right now.  i can't believe that, in the whole chain of people involved in a VOGUE COVER, no one put the skids on this!

Nov 19 06 10:32 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

https://lotusimages.com/images%205/GB.jpg

Nov 19 06 10:36 am Link

Makeup Artist

G_Makeup

New York, New York, US

So must one be able to make great lasagna to know when someones lasagna is not good?  or be able to bake bread to know when its stale? Opinions and critiques are mainly made by those who cannot do exactly what the are critiquing, how many art critics can paint or sculpt?

G

Nov 19 06 10:46 am Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

I am taking a one week hiatus from the boards as of today. I am sick and tired of people. Not just MM people, but all people.

Star

Nov 19 06 06:06 pm Link

Model

TroisCouleurs

Dublin, California, US

But her forehead is big:

https://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Two-Publicists-C.article.jpg

https://interaktiv.vg.no/filmextra/bilder/personer/nicole_kidman.jpg

And I would imagine that primadonna of her rank can simply say to stylist or photographer "That's the way I like it"(C).

Nov 19 06 06:21 pm Link

Model

TroisCouleurs

Dublin, California, US

RBDesign wrote:
One of the coolest things about Nicole, is how versatile her hair is, most of the time looking great,

Exactly!

https://img.majidonline.com/pic/17775/nicole-kidman-(worldpic.bblogfa.com)-06.jpg

Nov 19 06 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Rhea Photography

Manchester, England, United Kingdom

Besides the 220 volt hairdo, the pasty skin, and the several feet of forehead - what is up with that expression.  She looks like someone behind the photographer is making tennis rackets from kittens.  I dont know if shes angry or about to burst into tears.

Nov 19 06 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

SHe's always been ugly

Nov 19 06 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

charles e williams

Monroe, Georgia, US

lol

Nov 19 06 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

Models limit there work so much now a days.  That its almost impossible to figure out whos the best to work with.

Nov 19 06 06:34 pm Link

Photographer

InnerGlow Studios

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Star wrote:

https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n274/Fenwitch/nicolekidmanvogue1.jpg

Aha!  This must be the one the poster in the "Transexuals Modeling?" thread wanted to drop the dime on? https://bestsmileys.com/lol/2.gif

Nov 19 06 06:35 pm Link

Model

TroisCouleurs

Dublin, California, US

BTW this looks like an older photo. She has cute side swept bangs on her latest photos:

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/5256/7.jpg

Nov 19 06 06:38 pm Link

Photographer

Webspinner Studios

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Still haven't gotten the name of the photographer that either a) got their photo massacred by a retoucher or b) had an art director make an unfortunate selection. That being said...I have seen a LOT worse, and by pretty well known photographers too. There was this one editorial spread, don't remember what magazine, where the well known (yet I don't remember which one) photographer took photos of supermodels in their late 30's-early 50's. I don't know whether it was intentional or not, but they did NOT look good. And I have seen other recent photos of these women where they looked much better. It is interesting, a photographer usually has the power to make a person look either good or bad, but in the commercial industry, once they take the photos and hand them in, they lose all power to control what photo is selected or what the final results will be.

Nov 19 06 06:43 pm Link

Photographer

Webspinner Studios

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

TroisCouleurs wrote:
BTW this looks like an older photo. She has cute side swept bangs on her latest photos:

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/5256/7.jpg

Ever heard of hair extensions?

Nov 19 06 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

Daguerre

Orange, California, US

...My first reaction to the cover is that at least tried something different. My second reaction came when I saw this cover shot right next to the OP's avatar. I have to ask where you found the stones to be critical of anything.

Damn Bob!!  I won't ever piss YOU off!

Nov 19 06 07:08 pm Link

Photographer

Daguerre

Orange, California, US

lotusphoto wrote:
https://lotusimages.com/images%205/GB.jpg

hahahahaahahahahaahahahahahaahahahaahahaah!!

Nov 19 06 07:09 pm Link

Photographer

Daguerre

Orange, California, US

G_Makeup wrote:
So must one be able to make great lasagna to know when someones lasagna is not good?  Or be able to bake bread to know when its stale? Opinions and critiques are mainly made by those who cannot do exactly what the are critiquing, how many art critics can paint or sculpt?

Yes.  One must know how to make a great pasta in order to critique bad pasta.  As time passes and our experience grows, so does our ability to see that which we never did before.

When an acknowledged master presents you with a piece of crap, you have to ask yourself:  Has the master lost his ingenious mind, or am I just painfully blind?  Chances are you're blind-- with much to learn, still, about pasta.

Nov 19 06 07:14 pm Link

Model

Seth Mitchell

Avert your eyes, it may try to change form.

Nov 19 06 07:16 pm Link