Forums > General Industry > it finally happened to me: the boyfriend strikes!

Photographer

fbimagery

New Liskeard, Ontario, Canada

Alexis Silsbe wrote:

I have to admit, when you said "eat" the first thing that came to my mind was not food... Sorry. I'm a dirty, dirty girl.

LMAO...yeah gotta admit wasnt was I was thinking either

Nov 17 06 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

RS Livingston

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

ReallyRandy wrote:
Boyfriends suck ass! From now on I'm only shooting lesbians and maybe drag queens.

I just had a slight bf issue today. Shoot cancelled for pregnant chick cause bf wasn't invited. Jeez!

Girlfriends of lesbians can be much worse.....

Nov 17 06 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

jon mmmayhem wrote:
it finally happened to me: the boyfriend strikes!

Strikes?

I didn't even know there was a Boyfriend Union.

Nov 17 06 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

jon mmmayhem wrote:
i took a few hundred pictures of a friend of mine over the weekend, and there were some great ones in there that we both liked.
i had one up here (maybe you were lucky enough to see it), where she was curled up on her side on a bed in her underwear. it was beautifully (if i may say so) and tastefully done, and not at all incriminating or sleazy or scandalous.
but
i got the email today that her boyfriend "doesn't like the idea" of her being naked on the internet. he knew she was coming to hang out and take pictures, but he apparently thought they would be "more clothed".
so in order to not upset him, i have taken them down.

this was not a professionally set up shoot. no money changed hands and no contracts were signed. it was just two people who have been friends for years goofing around taking pictures.
but still...

anyway, i don't expect answers, or sympathy. i'm just venting, because, in the words of Morrissey, "i've seen this happen in other people's lives, and now, it's happening in mine"

I would NEVER, especially in that situation, take the photo down. I do understand your position but to enable a boyfriend by giving in just empowers his weasly little ass even more. I won't even go into the issues of a female that allows this...model or not. It's no different than the boyfriend that requires his girlfriend to dress to HIS specifications. Sorry you had to go through that but look at it this way. Your photos will withstand the test of time much longer than the boyfriend...something she should think about also. I guess her boyfriend is more important than her modeling career...how novel.

Nov 17 06 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

Blackmirror Photogenics

New York, New York, US

ReallyRandy wrote:
Hi, you're interested in a shoot? Great. Do you have a boyfriend? you do? Sorry I only shoot lesbians and drag queens. bye.

Lesbians make great models.

Nov 17 06 12:55 pm Link

Model

_Alexandra

Alexandria, Virginia, US

blackmirror wrote:

Lesbians make great models.

How'd you make the model glow?

Nov 17 06 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Edwards

Wilmington, Delaware, US

ReallyRandy wrote:
Boyfriends suck ass! From now on I'm only shooting lesbians and maybe drag queens.

I just had a slight bf issue today. Shoot cancelled for pregnant chick cause bf wasn't invited. Jeez!

Oh sure!
No drama with lesbians and drag queens...
LMFAO

Nov 17 06 02:04 pm Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
I guess her boyfriend is more important than her modeling career...how novel.

well, like i said before, she's not trying to be a model. she's just a friend of mine who happens to be beautiful and had some fun ideas for taking pictures. she's not trying to build up a portfolio or take this anywhere, she just wanted to pose for me because she likes my pictues.
apparently, her boyfriend wasn't as ready for her/our ideas as she assumed.

good thing he never saw some of the OTHER pictures we took, like the one with the vodka bottle.

Nov 17 06 07:51 pm Link

Model

Kali Doom

Nashville, Arkansas, US

Perhaps looking at this from the boyfriend's point of view would help.  Sounds like she wasn't all together up front with him.  Imagine, your girlfriend tells you she's going to hang out with a friend, and comes back with photos of herself on his bed in her underwear.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out that's gonna be a fight.

I'd tell her that it isn't your problem as the photographer that she wasn't 100% clear with her boyfriend BEFORE the photos got taken.  If he said he thought there would be more clothes, then that is most likely what she told him.

Nov 17 06 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

you may be right that there might have been some mis-communication.
either she didn't fill him in on the full extent of what these pictures were gonna be, or she did but he wasn't paying attention.
either way, the end result it, we paid for a hotel room for the purpose of having a setting for pictures, and now we have no pictures to be able to show for it.

Nov 18 06 06:56 am Link

Photographer

UIPHOTOS

Dayton, Ohio, US

Kali Doom wrote:
Perhaps looking at this from the boyfriend's point of view would help.  Sounds like she wasn't all together up front with him.  Imagine, your girlfriend tells you she's going to hang out with a friend, and comes back with photos of herself on his bed in her underwear.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out that's gonna be a fight.

Maybe because I am old, that whole mentality seems Childish.. She is grown, she can do what she wants..

Why when women get boyfriends, do they forget who they were BEFORE the boyfriend.. All of a sudden any man that isnt him is a threat to him.. sounds like the boyfriend is more BOY than friend..

Looking at it from HIS point of view makes it even more childish.. she was in her underwear.. which in most cases have as much material as a swimsuit.. so I guess going out in PUBLIC in a swimsuit is really out of the question..

Since when does an adult have to account for every second and every action they CHOOSE to someone else.. ?? prison maybe..

Nov 18 06 07:07 am Link

Photographer

DHayes Photography

Richmond, Virginia, US

I once had a shoot booked with a female bodybuilder - a real amazon well over six feet tall.  When her half-pint, redneck girlfriend found out it was going to be a nude shoot, she hit the ceiling.  The bodybuilder caved in and cancelled the shoot.

I almost got into a fistfight once with the husband of a model when he came to pick her up after a shoot.  She had been modeling for years but he did not like it.  I never figured out what exactly set him off, but I was ready to show him the error of his ways.  Fortunately, his wife hustled him out of the studio before the fun began.

Several years ago, over the course of a month, I had three women ask me to shoot nudes of them that they intended to give to their boyfriend as a birthday gift.  One of the women was a model, but the other two were not.  The two amateurs were very uncomfortable in front of the camera, but were determined to get some pictures for their boyfriends.  Turns out, the same guy was dating all three and had put them up to posing nude so he could get some pics.

Other than those three, I've never had problems with SO's of models.

Doug

Nov 18 06 07:36 am Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

DHayes Photography wrote:
Turns out, the same guy was dating all three and had put them up to posing nude so he could get some pics

woah what?
how did he pull THAT off??

Nov 18 06 12:25 pm Link