Forums > General Industry > Photographer or just lusting?

Photographer

jac3950

Freedom, New Hampshire, US

James Porschen wrote:
Why are there so many photographers on this sight that would rather see skin than create a unique vision. Are most of the photographers here just horny men rather than visionaries?

Ah, the idealism! It took the OP only 10 days of membership here to view and assess every portfolio before reaching his conclusion.

Nov 12 06 06:07 am Link

Photographer

HUmby_G

Los Angeles, California, US

Hello all,
Maybe it's being lusty or horny, the number one thing that drives some photographers to create and capture what they do. The art that they make.  My LOVE for women, drives me to want to capture her the best way I can, so I can share with the world the beauty I see.

Humberto ;o)

Nov 12 06 07:10 am Link

Photographer

Gary Blanchette

Irvine, California, US

Yes folks, it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. And there's no doubt you will find all walks of life here on Model Mayhem... big_smile

Nov 12 06 07:26 am Link

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

Maybe we need to start banning all art not certified by the NRP.  Salvador Dali and a few thousand others are obviously nothing but perverts.  Well maybe Salvador...

Nov 12 06 07:26 am Link

Photographer

Ceehawk Multimedia

Clarksville, Tennessee, US

James Porschen wrote:
Why are there so many photographers on this sight that would rather see skin than create a unique vision. Are most of the photographers here just horny men rather than visionaries?

Artist in general have always been intrigued by the nude human form, especially the female nude form.  I've always said that when God created woman he was showing off.
I think it is good to learn to see the human form outside of the context of just sex.  Now I agree that there are many out there who can't do that and perhaps they are out there doing nudes just to feed their libido, but i don't think photographers with this mindset create the best work.

I think to be a good photographer of the nude form you have to be able to stand outside of yourself and your humaness...If you are excitied or aroused bya particular model or photo idea, the key is to be able to stand  outside your hormones being totally objective so you can figure out what exactly triggers the arousal so you can properly capture the image.  basically you have to be able to tell your body and natural sex drive to "shut up, I'm working here."  Life is so much richer when your not a slave to your flesh.

Nov 12 06 07:41 am Link

Photographer

Ex Voto Studio

Columbia, Maryland, US

James Porschen wrote:

Well I really do enjoy being a photographer and would not classify myself as just shooting one or the other.  But here is something to think about.  Isn't it an artists lust mixed with his or her talents that gives that person a unique vision?  I respect what you are saying because there are def, some GWC's with not vision posting on here... but we were all GWC's at some point in our lives, right?  I do believe that if you date fashion and nude photography back to the invention of the camera you will see that they have always gone hand and hand.... 

-troy

Nov 12 06 07:42 am Link

Photographer

Ex Voto Studio

Columbia, Maryland, US

jac3950 wrote:

Ah, the idealism! It took the OP only 10 days of membership here to view and assess every portfolio before reaching his conclusion.

LMAO.....

Nov 12 06 07:44 am Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

Project Photography wrote:

Well I really do enjoy being a photographer and would not classify myself as just shooting one or the other.  But here is something to think about.  Isn't it an artists lust mixed with his or her talents that gives that person a unique vision?  I respect what you are saying because there are def, some GWC's with not vision posting on here... but we were all GWC's at some point in our lives, right?  I do believe that if you date fashion and nude photography back to the invention of the camera you will see that they have always gone hand and hand.... 

-troy

you have a good point and for me I am not offended by the naked image at all, but it is the photographer that ruins these images most of the time as they are lusting and it shows in the image, how can you reach into the soul of the sitter and capture somthing special when all your thinken is look at those tits ?

Nov 12 06 07:52 am Link

Photographer

Tied And Taped

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Hmm...the OP is on to me, too!

Guess Tikeya won't talk to me anymore.  Not that she got to talk too much when she shot with me, what with that tape over her mouth...

Nov 12 06 07:57 am Link

Photographer

D-O-N-S-I-R

Norwalk, California, US

Am I a photographer/artist or am I a horny guy-with-camera (GWC)?  That is the question.  Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outraged "peers" or to take arms against a sea of troubles...

Please forgive my bombastic, butchered, paraphrased Shakespeare, but I think answering a question with a question is best here.  For myself, I am a horny guy who is trying to take the flesh I see and lust for and create an artistic vision with it.  At my most optimistic I'd like to believe that every guy, or girl, who picks up a camera has the intention of creating art.  Sure taking nudie pictures isn't going to save the world, but it'll sure make my time on this planet more pleasant.

Nov 12 06 08:04 am Link

Photographer

Prairie Town Production

Topeka, Kansas, US

It is OK to be male, it is OK to be female, and it is OK to be a horny person with a camera (HPC?), but true photography must contain style, grace, skill, passion, emotion, and foresight. Lacking any of the desired qualities, just plan on dumb luck.

Nov 12 06 08:06 am Link

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

Ceehawk Multimedia wrote:

Artist in general have always been intrigued by the nude human form, especially the female nude form.  I've always said that when God created woman he was showing off.
I think it is good to learn to see the human form outside of the context of just sex.  Now I agree that there are many out there who can't do that and perhaps they are out there doing nudes just to feed their libido, but i don't think photographers with this mindset create the best work.

I think to be a good photographer of the nude form you have to be able to stand outside of yourself and your humaness...If you are excitied or aroused bya particular model or photo idea, the key is to be able to stand  outside your hormones being totally objective so you can figure out what exactly triggers the arousal so you can properly capture the image.  basically you have to be able to tell your body and natural sex drive to "shut up, I'm working here."  Life is so much richer when your not a slave to your flesh.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Oh, I didn't.  Excellent answer.

Nov 12 06 08:09 am Link

Photographer

Howard Garcia

New York, New York, US

Shyly wrote:

Why can't someone be both?

And for the record, we do have horny women who are also visionaries with their cameras in residence.  wink

Did I ever mention to you that I love you? wink
Great answer!

Nov 12 06 08:43 am Link

Photographer

Viva Van Story

Long Branch, New Jersey, US

Don Sir wrote:
Am I a photographer/artist or am I a horny guy-with-camera (GWC)?  That is the question.  Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outraged "peers" or to take arms against a sea of troubles...

Please forgive my bombastic, butchered, paraphrased Shakespeare, but I think answering a question with a question is best here.  For myself, I am a horny guy who is trying to take the flesh I see and lust for and create an artistic vision with it.  At my most optimistic I'd like to believe that every guy, or girl, who picks up a camera has the intention of creating art.  Sure taking nudie pictures isn't going to save the world, but it'll sure make my time on this planet more pleasant.

I agree...  what else is there... bills, work, holidays.. yuck!   Love your work Don Sir.. please continue being horny..  he he

Nov 12 06 09:17 am Link

Photographer

NYPHOTOGRAPHICS

FRESH MEADOWS, New York, US

Horny!  I am making a rule as long as I see you naked we can shoot all the visionary stuff they like. 

jac3950 wrote:

its not his fault hes slow!

Stephen Eastwood
http://www.PhotographersPortfolio.com

Nov 12 06 09:19 am Link

Photographer

T Edward Glazar

Sunnyside, Georgia, US

Shyly wrote:

And for the record, we do have horny women who are also visionaries with their cameras in residence.  wink

Yeah, I'm horny all the time, love naked people, but I do feel I have a vision.

Nov 12 06 09:20 am Link

Photographer

Sanjay N Patel

Austin, Texas, US

James Porschen wrote:

Nov 12 06 09:20 am Link

Photographer

Ian Maddela

San Diego, California, US

Why are there so many photographers on this site that would rather bitch and moan about what other photographers are doing than doing something constructive?  Are most of the photographers here so lame that they have nothing better to do other than look through other people's portfolios and complain?

Nov 12 06 09:34 am Link

Photographer

Joe Alcantar

Beaumont, California, US

Ian Maddela wrote:
Why are there so many photographers on this site that would rather bitch and moan about what other photographers are doing than doing something constructive?  Are most of the photographers here so lame that they have nothing better to do other than look through other people's portfolios and complain?

I second that.  Well said Ian

"Just shut up and shoot"  is normally my version.

Nov 12 06 09:40 am Link

Photographer

Real people

Chicago, Illinois, US

James Porschen wrote:

Have you read the post on how to get nipples hard? Some great advice from both photographers and models.

Nov 12 06 09:44 am Link

Photographer

Joi Carey

Phoenix, Arizona, US

https://www.btbfrench.com/figurines/horny.jpg

Nov 12 06 09:48 am Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

James Porschen wrote:

You know what's sad- you are saying that like the two are mutually exclusive.

Nov 12 06 09:49 am Link

Photographer

dgold

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, US

lightsandshadow wrote:
I lust after creative visions.

...count me in.
Picasso..."Taste is the enemy of art."

Nov 12 06 09:52 am Link

Photographer

groupw

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Dear Santa,
Please send the OP Andrew Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

Thank you,

Nothing wrong with having an opinion, but this was the first thing to post?

Nov 12 06 10:27 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

Shanna wrote:

yeah the world of modeling is kinda like the world of hmmm idk haha. but yeah thats freaking gross. i had a photographer yesterday wanting to work with me and then he started trying to talk me into nudes. and i said no dude. he asked why and i said im not comfortable with it duh, i look great, but i dont have to prove that by showing my bits and peices to a bunch of nasty perverted strangers.
and here is the weird part. he tried to convince me to do them by showing me nudes of himself, thinking that would make me more comfortable. i was just like um no im still not taking my cloths off lol. and idk i havnt talked to him since.

Not weird, more like sick and perverted.

If I ever showed a model a nude of myself, I can expect one of two reactions - screams of terror or projectile vomiting.

Nov 12 06 10:35 am Link

Photographer

TBJ Imaging

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US

who cares

Nov 12 06 10:36 am Link

Photographer

jZERO

Miami, Florida, US

Shanna wrote:

yeah the world of modeling is kinda like the world of hmmm idk haha. but yeah thats freaking gross. i had a photographer yesterday wanting to work with me and then he started trying to talk me into nudes. and i said no dude. he asked why and i said im not comfortable with it duh, i look great, but i dont have to prove that by showing my bits and peices to a bunch of nasty perverted strangers.
and here is the weird part. he tried to convince me to do them by showing me nudes of himself, thinking that would make me more comfortable. i was just like um no im still not taking my cloths off lol. and idk i havnt talked to him since.

What the old "here's me naked" didn't make your clothes just fly off your skin. That's wierd. It always works for me. "Hey, this situation isnt awkward enough yet by me begging you to take off your clothes over and over. Here's pics of me and my pecker to make it just that much more uncomfortable. I know this will definately work"

Nov 12 06 10:58 am Link

Photographer

Benedict

Norwich, England, United Kingdom

Skin is only required if the shot requires it.

Nov 12 06 12:28 pm Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

Look.

(Photographers, more than almost any other sort of artist, reveal ALL in their work.)

Nov 12 06 12:40 pm Link

Photographer

j-shooter

San Francisco, California, US

Marko Cecic-Karuzic wrote:
Look.

(Photographers, more than almost any other sort of artist, reveal ALL in their work.)

how so? or maybe that's a new thread.....

Nov 12 06 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Jantz

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

James Porschen wrote:

We are all unashamed voyeurs.  smile

Nov 12 06 01:37 pm Link

Photographer

TheOneEyedShooter

Sonoita, Arizona, US

I....am a horny visionary.....

and an unrepentant...unabashed...dedicated..."practicing"....voyeur....

Nov 12 06 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

groupw wrote:
Dear Santa,
Please send the OP Andrew Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

Thank you,

Nothing wrong with having an opinion, but this was the first thing to post?

First and only post. How does that guy handle living in a world full of people?

Nov 12 06 06:22 pm Link

Model

Uber Dami

New Haven, Connecticut, US

id rather create something extremely artistic and new then just show skin, it bores me, but so few photogs are willing to take the time an effort to build real scenes and make something amazing.

Nov 12 06 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

Viper Studios

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

O.K. you got me....I am the horniest, most perverted photographer you are ever going to meet.

But you know what, I don't have to ask women to take their clothes off.

Once they find out that I am not "all hung up" about it, have done it before, and have demonstrated some talent in the pursuit, THEY contact me and ME to shoot them in the horniest most perverted ways.

Your hypothesis, while correctly assuming, that some or all men are horny, ignores that each of the shots you have seen as evidence of said horniness, requires the participation of a female model.

What?  You think each and every perverted, horny, sexy, naked, nude, tits and ass shot was conceived by a man and only perpetrated on the model as the result of the heretofore mentioned perv photographer putting pressure on the model?

Honey, let me tell you something.  Some women don't buy into the whole "nudity is demeaning" to women schtick.

Some women like to get naked and do naughty things to themselves.  They like to pose naked to show what they got.  They do it to irritate girls like you.

I see it's working.

Mark

Nov 12 06 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

Taboo Motel

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Shyly wrote:

You are so wise for one sooo young...wink

Nov 12 06 08:16 pm Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

Gunfitr wrote:
Once they find out that I am not "all hung up" about it, have done it before, and have demonstrated some talent in the pursuit, THEY contact me and ME to shoot them in the horniest most perverted ways.

I have to agree. I've posted ads on CraigsList looking for women to do some casual or swimsuit and the ones who respond send in implieds and nudes!

Nov 13 06 04:10 am Link

Photographer

Josie Tan Photography

Clackamas, Oregon, US

i'll be the horny girl photog..hah!

Nov 13 06 04:14 am Link

Photographer

Michael Anthony

Glendale, California, US

yah, im horny, although not much of a visionary... but what im curious about now, is after all this banter about the original question, where is the OP?  he just kinda hit and ran... =P

Nov 13 06 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Shyly wrote:

How did I know this was gonna come from you smile

Nov 14 06 11:21 am Link