Forums > General Industry > Photographer or just lusting?

Photographer

James Porschen

Los Angeles, California, US

Why are there so many photographers on this sight that would rather see skin than create a unique vision. Are most of the photographers here just horny men rather than visionaries?

Nov 11 06 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

Ought To Be Shot

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

Damn... he's on to me!

Nov 11 06 10:56 pm Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Pattaya, Central, Thailand

Personally, I'd like to think that some of us can show skin AND create a unique vision.

And I'm pretty sure that a good percentage of the world's visionaries are also horny men (and women). In fact, some of my favorite visionaries are horny!

Regards,
Paul

James Porschen wrote:
Why are there so many photographers on this sight that would rather see skin than create a unique vision. Are most of the photographers here just horny men rather than visionaries?

Nov 11 06 11:01 pm Link

Photographer

Studio Spike

New York, New York, US

James Porschen wrote:

yes most of us are horny men...this can't possibly be coming as a suprise to you.

Nov 11 06 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Yep,

I just saw a photographer on the 'announcement' page proclaiming "I persuaded this model to take off her clothes and I have the pictures to prove it"!

(He was referring to the model in his avatar).

Makes me wonder... it really makes me wonder.

Nov 11 06 11:32 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

James Porschen wrote:

How many are there?

-Don

Nov 11 06 11:33 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

James Porschen wrote:
Are most of the photographers here just horny men rather than visionaries?

Why can't someone be both?

And for the record, we do have horny women who are also visionaries with their cameras in residence.  wink

Nov 11 06 11:34 pm Link

Model

AiTenshiMisha

Dayton, Ohio, US

James Porschen wrote:

id have to agree with you : )

Nov 11 06 11:35 pm Link

Photographer

synapse grafix

thats kinda like asking why there are so many hungry people in the kitchen...ya know?
it kinda follows...
now if'n your question is about aesthetics as opposed to motive that would be an entirely different conversation....which really, in the end, ain't worth having on a messageboard...

Nov 11 06 11:48 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:
I just saw a photographer on the 'announcement' page proclaiming "I persuaded this model to take off her clothes and I have the pictures to prove it"!

Yikes!

Nov 12 06 12:48 am Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:

Tikeya wrote:
Yikes!

Out him!

Nov 12 06 01:07 am Link

Photographer

Photographer in LA

I think that what i find to be tasteful is much different that the average MM'er.

Since digital is so easy to use we end up with a deluge of button pushers that feel they have a gift having found a girl willing to show some skin. Forget telling a story, making a pretty picture or nailing a concept.

I feel an image is only allowed to be sexy as long as it has some emotion to it.

Nov 12 06 01:09 am Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:
Out him!

I agree.  If he can treat his model that way and pat himself on the back for it on MM, then his sorry ass should be called out for it.

Nov 12 06 01:18 am Link

Digital Artist

Koray

Ankara, Ankara, Turkey

James Porschen wrote:

look who is posting tongue

Nov 12 06 01:22 am Link

Photographer

Allure Vision

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I'm offended, I never lust only shoot! LOL! j/k In my opinion it depends on the photographers vision and mind. It's funny because I was just telling someone this a couple hours ago. When I started shooting women with a lot of skin, I had completely given up on photography. My ex fiance hated me shooting women. And they weren't even showing skin. First she threw my camera on the kitchen floor. Then she cheated on me with some seriously perverted guy. A few months later I was walking down the street and a girl named "Dee Dee" screamed out my name. I turned around and she parked jumped out the car and ran over to me telling me I had to shoot her. Explaining that I "had to shoot her." I told her I quit. Then she started calling me like 15 times a day demanding that I shoot her and being a friend. So I finally set up a shoot. We shot 12 looks that day.... And it's been on ever since. I couldn't look at the women in a sexual way because of the hurt that I felt and not desiring a woman. Now I'm just used to it.

Nov 12 06 01:25 am Link

Photographer

Thomas Landon

Aden, Alberta, Canada

Shyly wrote:

And for the record, we do have horny women who are also visionaries with their cameras in residence.  wink

AMEN!
and thank god for horny women visionaries!

Nov 12 06 01:27 am Link

Photographer

Reaction Photography

Seattle, Washington, US

James Porschen wrote:

Horny dirty men. Makes me scared for some models. :S

Nov 12 06 01:30 am Link

Model

Shanna

Weatherford, Oklahoma, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:
Yep,

(He was referring to the model in his avatar).

Makes me wonder... it really makes me wonder.

yeah the world of modeling is kinda like the world of hmmm idk haha. but yeah thats freaking gross. i had a photographer yesterday wanting to work with me and then he started trying to talk me into nudes. and i said no dude. he asked why and i said im not comfortable with it duh, i look great, but i dont have to prove that by showing my bits and peices to a bunch of nasty perverted strangers.
and here is the weird part. he tried to convince me to do them by showing me nudes of himself, thinking that would make me more comfortable. i was just like um no im still not taking my cloths off lol. and idk i havnt talked to him since.

Nov 12 06 01:30 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Ought To Be Shot wrote:
Damn... he's on to me!

me too!  **bolts for the door**

Nov 12 06 01:59 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Shyly wrote:

(Waving hand.) I'm at least one out of two!

Nov 12 06 02:40 am Link

Photographer

Thomas Landon

Aden, Alberta, Canada

KM von Seidl wrote:

hahah and which one would that be!?

Nov 12 06 02:42 am Link

Photographer

vanscottie

Winnetka, California, US

WHAT! There are hetrerosexual photographers here?!?

Heterosexual Men Photographing Women!!!!

NOOOOOOO!!!!

Nov 12 06 02:46 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

KM von Seidl wrote:

Lighthouse Studios wrote:
hahah and which one would that be!?

Nov 12 06 02:46 am Link

Photographer

Thomas Landon

Aden, Alberta, Canada

vanscottie wrote:
WHAT! There are hetrerosexual photographers here?!?

Heterosexual Men Photographing Women!!!!

NOOOOOOO!!!!

yes im affraid its all true yikes

Nov 12 06 02:47 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

First post - out the gate - INSTANT EXPERT.

damn faster than a speeding bullet. cant wait for the rest.

Nov 12 06 02:48 am Link

Photographer

RAW-R IMAGE

James Porschen wrote:

Why can/t I be a horny visionary??

Nov 12 06 02:52 am Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

nevermind

Nov 12 06 02:57 am Link

Model

aon duine

James Porschen wrote:

Website. Websight is a web with eyeballs.

Are visionaries not allowed to be horny?

Nov 12 06 03:11 am Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

I've had a couple drinks, but I'll try not to be harsh.

What's with the trend of new people signing up and then complaining that MM doesn't meet their expectations? Remember that model from FORD who said he had years of experience and yet we hadn't heard of him? Remember that woman who found it rude that people sent her friend requests?

And while not a new person, remember that model who was shocked that photos posted online were viewable?

I never claimed to be a unique visionary. Hell, I never claimed to be a good photographer. I'm merely someone who really enjoys what he does. Maybe that isn't pretentious enough, but hey, my neck starts to hurt when I keep my nose pointed up in the air all of the time.

I looked through the OP's port. He's got talent. His images are very competently executed and I commend him for that. The only thing that escapes me is where the uniqueness of his vision can be found. While the photos are good, they don't strike me as unique or as anything I haven't seen before.

ModelMayhem is as diverse as a bar in New York City. Keep searching and you'll find photographers and models who share your interests. However, I must warn you that if seeing skin bothers you, then this may not be the community for you.

Nov 12 06 03:55 am Link

Photographer

lightsandshadow

New York, New York, US

I lust after creative visions.

Nov 12 06 03:57 am Link

Photographer

Bryan Benoit

Miami, Florida, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
First post - out the gate - INSTANT EXPERT.

damn faster than a speeding bullet. cant wait for the rest.

ditto...

I am not sure what the formal definition of 'visionary photography' is but I certainly did not see it in the OP's port.

This is just another sorry attempt by a photog to make themselves look 'superior' by taking cheap shots at others... "look.. I don't shoot nudes.. I am a caring and sensitive photographer.. unlike those other photographers that are only interested in your looks"...

;o)

Nov 12 06 04:03 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

You should see what I use to trip the shutter when I am shooting nudes. wink

Studio36

Nov 12 06 04:22 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

James Porschen wrote:

Your first sentence creates a false dichotomy, where the question presumes the options are both the only ones, and mutually exclusive. As such, it's really a self-serving statement, not a question.

Your second does the same thing, but it's even more obvious. It ignores the many women who are visionaries; the many men who might be horny and visionaries, etc.

If you're curious, could you ask a real question?

Nov 12 06 04:33 am Link

Photographer

stan wigmore photograph

Long Beach, California, US

You must be new at this,it sounds like you just discovered there are two sexes in the world and what it is all about.Since when wasn't sex,nudity,and sensuality apart of the entire human experience.Since when cann't "skin" be done as artistic as any other style.

Nov 12 06 04:44 am Link

Photographer

UIPHOTOS

Dayton, Ohio, US

synapse grafix wrote:
thats kinda like asking why there are so many hungry people in the kitchen...ya know?...

I wasnt hungry until you said this.. Hmmmmmm.. AND i shot some implied nudes.. Hmmmmm.. There seems to be a pattern here..

Nov 12 06 04:52 am Link

Photographer

GDS Photos

London, England, United Kingdom

Bryan Benoit wrote:
This is just another sorry attempt by a photog to make themselves look 'superior' by taking cheap shots at others... "look.. I don't shoot nudes.. I am a caring and sensitive photographer.. unlike those other photographers that are only interested in your looks"...

;o)

Can someone invent a better phrase than "white night" to call these "I love you for the art we can create together not your b (oYo) bies" people.

Nov 12 06 05:01 am Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

gdsandy wrote:
Can someone invent a better phrase than "white night" to call these "I love you for the art we can create together not your b (oYo) bies" people.

Emasculatographers
?

Nov 12 06 05:05 am Link

Photographer

Larry Brown Camera

Atlantic Beach, Florida, US

James Porschen wrote:

Horny & Visionary, Creative & Artistic, Horney & Talented, "Don't try this at home...
I'm a professinal".

Nov 12 06 05:10 am Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

James Porschen wrote:

Im here to give all models an option they dont need to rely on nudie shooters anymore I am here

Nov 12 06 05:19 am Link

Photographer

GDS Photos

London, England, United Kingdom

PapaVic Photography wrote:

Emasculatographers
?

Now I spat my coke over my keyboard PMSL

Nov 12 06 05:53 am Link