Photographer

The German Woman

Berlin, Georgia, US

PL Photography wrote:
I am worried about putting a photography site up on myspace --I have my own personal account --but with their clauses in their  service agreement they claim they own all rights to pics posted ect ...dont want to risk it you know?...I do see tons of them but I guess I am chicken ..lol

but it's small low quality jpegs you put up on a myspace site. You're the one with the original high resolution image.

Oct 27 06 10:08 pm Link

Photographer

miss z

San Francisco, California, US

Wow, all this talk. And I don't even have a friggin' myspace. *laugh*

I think it's overrated, overused, and well.. overactive. hah.

Oct 27 06 10:16 pm Link

Photographer

Veteres Vitri

MAYLENE, Alabama, US

My myspace used to be open to the entire public.

Then i got a stalker.

Oct 27 06 10:16 pm Link

Photographer

Eli Anthony

Mentor, Ohio, US

I see it as another huge networking site...........a lotta fake profiles on there tho

http://myspace.com/eli_anthony

Oct 29 06 06:30 am Link

Model

CarolineVictoria

Beverly Hills, California, US

Eric S. wrote:
Some myspace profiles have dirty little secrets not for public consumption.

OOOOOOOOOOOICCCCCCCCCCCCC.....

Oct 29 06 06:37 am Link

Model

K Ann

Renton, Washington, US

This may be kinda harsh but I don't really care for whatever life story is posted on MySpace. I find that site terribly annoying. If I want to learn more about a photographer I try to set up a shoot. I'm not trying to be bitchy or anything, but people post how much they love their dog and their best friend's weddings and stuff on there. Unless you seriously use it as networking it has no place to be referred to and why would you be on MM if you network off MySpace?

Oct 29 06 11:43 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

KelseyAnn wrote:
This may be kinda harsh but I don't really care for whatever life story is posted on MySpace. I find that site terribly annoying. If I want to learn more about a photographer I try to set up a shoot. I'm not trying to be bitchy or anything, but people post how much they love their dog and their best friend's weddings and stuff on there. Unless you seriously use it as networking it has no place to be referred to and why would you be on MM if you network off MySpace?

Specifically to your last question .... because it's FREE!  And the more places you network, the better!  I never dreamed that I would get so involved with the Internet, but I started out first back in 2001 by setting up a Yahoo group for my photography.  Then I expanded to OMP when it was still free ( ... and I still have that same account #2662.) then to MySpace for which I have three profiles. One is for personal, second for the model photography and the third is regarding my music magazine.  Then Model Mayhem came along ... I heard about it through my friends on MySpace.  That is how I got here ... because of MySpace over a year ago. 

Now I DO agree with you that nobody really should bore the potential clients with the personal stuff while networking.  It is more professional to have a domain name and website of your own that this all comes together at.  It does cost money to set up ones own website, but well worth it if it's done right!

http://www.myspace.com/internetmodelclub

Oct 29 06 11:59 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Eli Anthony wrote:
I see it as another huge networking site...........a lotta fake profiles on there tho

http://myspace.com/eli_anthony

Yes, there are many problems with a huge online community that is "free" to join!  Most important advise I'd give anyone who uses free profile sites is to keep the resolution low and watermark your photos with your copyright!  You have the original and can go after those who steal.

Oct 29 06 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

I pretty much use MySpace as a venue to display my images for those that have no desire to "get anywhere" w/n the modeling industry.

Not that I'm in it for the pay but it doesn't hurt that I've gotten more "what are your rates" from people than I've ever gotten from MM, OMP, or any of the other sites.

& for my shameless plug for my photo port:

http://www.myspace.com/semi234

Oct 29 06 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Jantz

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

KelseyAnn wrote:

So what?  Why worry about what everyone else is posting??  I don't like the way some peole drive, but that doesn't keep me from driving on the same street.  I use MySpace for my own purposes, and anyone else can do the same.  I don't have to read wht others write about thier dogs or weddings.  Same as on here.  Don't have to look at profiles or forum posts, etc.

Oct 29 06 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Jantz

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

KelseyAnn wrote:

So what?  Why worry about what everyone else is posting??  I don't like the way some peole drive, but that doesn't keep me from driving on the same street.  I use MySpace for my own purposes, and anyone else can do the same.  I don't have to read wht others write about thier dogs or weddings.  Same as on here.  Don't have to look at profiles or forum posts, etc.

Oct 29 06 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Jantz

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:

Is it?  Most nude photographers are guys the age of your father photographing girls the age of your friends.  Don't tell me you never recognized this fact.

The photographers are nude??   LOL  JK

Oct 29 06 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Jantz

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

clone  wrote:
there is a site like myspace but for models and  Photographers it on my link check it out

Looks interesting.  I just may do that, I need anohter site to play on!  NOT!  But I may get on it for fun.  Looks very cool!

Oct 29 06 02:18 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

myspace is music!

Sure,  is for my friends and would be friends
as well colleagues in other areas of life
its been handy to know more about them and their tastes
and to meet people in the geographic area

i like mainly to hear the music on myspace tho
and thats where many of music making friends are profiled.
of course i can send bulletins to a wide number of people

MM is for pictures and model / photo work

i see no need to connect the two
unless they connect with an individual i like the work/person, as a friend

Oct 29 06 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Jantz

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

Preclar Photography LLC wrote:

Wow, guess I should have read the fine print.  If I see one of my pics in one of their dating ads I don't know if I should be flattered or mad that I'm not getting any money for it.

That policy has been reworded lately I believe.

Oct 29 06 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Jantz

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

CL Photography wrote:
I think you have to join my space to see all the images.  A model sent me there and a line came up have to sign in in order to see all images.

But I got three viruses at once every time I went to my space along with spam in my email and pop ups even after getting out, so I don't really want to go there anymore.

Does anyone else get viruses from my space?

There is a cool spot called my site, which is free, with pop ups but you can set the site anyway you like and it can look very professional if you spend a little time picking background colors and it even has different pages for your bio, pictures, events, up coming jobs etc. what ever you want, the site is mysite.com and you sign up and make your page!

I have been on MySpace a long time and never heard of this.

Oct 29 06 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Jantz

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

Cecil Sharps wrote:
My myspace used to be open to the entire public.

Then i got a stalker.

I keep telling people, it isn't the site that is a problem.  It always comes down to people.  Hell, I had a stalker from this site!

Oct 29 06 02:41 pm Link

Model

Chantelle Mathiasson

Carson City, Nevada, US

My myspace page is.. www.myspace.com/sexiwhtgrl , and my second page you can locate off my friends list, it is the first on the list... big_smile Have a great day everyone!!

Oct 29 06 02:47 pm Link

Photographer

MichaelO Digital Artist

Clovis, California, US

What's MySpace?

Oct 29 06 03:03 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Jantz

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

michaelo photography wrote:
What's MySpace?

Are You Serious????  Wow.   www.myspace.com

All ya gotta do is click on some of our links, go take a look.  I think it is great, I have gotten a lot of business there!

Oct 29 06 03:09 pm Link

Model

K Ann

Renton, Washington, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
Specifically to your last question .... because it's FREE!  And the more places you network, the better!  I never dreamed that I would get so involved with the Internet, but I started out first back in 2001 by setting up a Yahoo group for my photography.  Then I expanded to OMP when it was still free ( ... and I still have that same account #2662.) then to MySpace for which I have three profiles. One is for personal, second for the model photography and the third is regarding my music magazine.  Then Model Mayhem came along ... I heard about it through my friends on MySpace.  That is how I got here ... because of MySpace over a year ago. 

Now I DO agree with you that nobody really should bore the potential clients with the personal stuff while networking.  It is more professional to have a domain name and website of your own that this all comes together at.  It does cost money to set up ones own website, but well worth it if it's done right!

http://www.myspace.com/internetmodelclub

Yeah but if you actually use myspace for networking then fine. But, well I've said it before about the personals, it makes sense to keep things separate. And that we are in agreement with. There are a lot of crazies on myspace though.

Plus I don't like 'hips don't lie.' While I'm on the song subject... sometimes when someone has their personal myspace song and my computer is turned all the way up from when I listen to my own music, it startles me! Don't tell anyone, k?  big_smile

Oct 29 06 05:10 pm Link

Model

Miaa Rigby

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

mines not private.

i win.

[www.myspace.com/amelancholydream]

Oct 29 06 05:12 pm Link

Model

K Ann

Renton, Washington, US

Doug Jantz wrote:

I wrote that in reference to the photog who said he liked that the model could read about his personal life and get to know him better before they actually meet. Should have quoted it, my bad. The driving analogy doesn't make much sense...

Oct 29 06 05:16 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Jantz

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

KelseyAnn wrote:

I wrote that in reference to the photog who said he liked that the model could read about his personal life and get to know him better before they actually meet. Should have quoted it, my bad. The driving analogy doesn't make much sense...

I see.  The driving analogy makes perfect sense.  The point is, just because we don't like what SOME do doesn't mean we have to stop using the same thing.  I am not going to stop using MySpace just because I don't like what some others do.  That is their privilege.  I don't like how some people drive, but I am not going to stop driving or buying cars.  Put in this light it just makes it look silly.  smile

Oct 29 06 06:15 pm Link