Photographer

Greg Knapp

Hollywood, Florida, US

Ok I noticed there are alot of members that use Myspace as a website which Is cool and all but just randomly surfing today I clicked on 5 "view my website" links and they goto a myspace profile thats set to private.

What good is this? Its like saying here is a link to my dead end. Do they expect me to add them to friend list ?  What if I don't have myspace? I wonder if these people even realise they are doing this.

--GReg

Oct 22 06 11:10 am Link

Model

Cerida

Denver, Colorado, US

Greg Knapp wrote:
Ok I noticed there are alot of members that use Myspace as a website which Is cool and all but just randomly surfing today I clicked on 5 "view my website" links and they goto a myspace profile thats set to private.

What good is this? Its like saying here is a link to my dead end. Do they expect me to add them to friend list ?  What if I don't have myspace? I wonder if these people even realise they are doing this.

--GReg

I agree I hate when profiles are set to private. They do it mostly to keep out random friend requests which is fine but in this case if your telling people to view your webpage for networking purposes then it should not be set to private.

Oct 22 06 11:15 am Link

Photographer

SCIL CONCEPTS

Boston, Massachusetts, US

i agree

Oct 22 06 11:16 am Link

Photographer

500 Gigs of Desire

New York, New York, US

Some myspace profiles have dirty little secrets not for public consumption.

Model

ATB Model

Orlando, Florida, US

Very true.

Model

Idaho

Colorado Springs, Colorado, US

Eric S. wrote:

All the more reason why I want to see

Oct 22 06 11:18 am Link

Photographer

Mr Maki

Tallahassee, Florida, US

I like myspace, you can read about my non-photographer side; like books I read & PC Games I play (I have killed too much time on Battle for Middle Earth II)
www.myspace.com/mrmaki

or my homemade flash site smile
www.makiclan.com

~David in Sunny Tallahassee, FL

Oct 22 06 11:19 am Link

Photographer

David Simpson Images

Bangor, Maine, US

Eric S. wrote:

Then they shouldn't be posting it as a link if they want privacy D'OH

Oct 22 06 11:21 am Link

Model

LORA

Washington, District of Columbia, US

My MM page doesn't have a direct link to my Myspace page but my address is listed if you want to see it. Why is mine private? My dad doesn't need to stumble on some of those pics. He knows what I do; he just doesn't want to see it. And he can easily access it through my brother's page if he wanted to.

Oct 22 06 11:23 am Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

Lora wrote:
My MM page doesn't have a direct link to my Myspace page but my address is listed if you want to see it. Why is mine private? My dad doesn't need to stumble on some of those pics. He knows what I do; he just doesn't want to see it. And he can easily access it through my brother's page if he wanted to.

If my daughter ever do nude modeling, I would like to see those pictures. But I don't have a daughter, so I go around and see nude pictures of other people's daughters.

Oct 22 06 11:30 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tiffany Warner Makeup

Riverside, California, US

I have two myspace sites.  One personal and one for networking.  I only list my networking site on MM but you could access the personal one throught the professional one.

How can you network if you're set to private?

Oct 22 06 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

I don't have my Myspace linked here at MM. I have my OMP port linked. But I do give my Myspace address. And I also have my Myspace set to private. I'd rather not have it set to private. But having an internet stalker for three years, has kinda' forced me to lock it up. Lol...

Oct 22 06 03:29 pm Link

Model

Lady_Death

Greg Knapp wrote:

--GReg

I set mine on private due to a fellow and his friends who make up 5000000 profiles and harass my myspace friends... but if I recognize a name on here who adds me to their friends list, then I accept... simple as that... I know I'm annoying!

Oct 22 06 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

Recently the same thing has happened to me, people responding to a casting with a myspace page set to private. I just delete their response and keep going, I can't cast what I can't see

Star

Oct 22 06 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Blanchette

Irvine, California, US

Lady_Death wrote:
I set mine on private due to a fellow and his friends who make up 5000000 profiles and harass my myspace friends... but if I recognize a name on here who adds me to their friends list, then I accept... simple as that... I know I'm annoying!

http://www.myspace.com/gpaai big_smile

Oct 22 06 06:26 pm Link

Photographer

CLONE

Salisbury, Maryland, US

there is a site like myspace but for models and  Photographers it on my link check it out

Oct 22 06 06:29 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

I have two pages, one for networking and one for my everyday life. The one for my everyday life isn't set to private, but you must know either my last name or my email address in order to send me a friend request.

Oct 22 06 06:33 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Lora wrote:

I thought MySpace didn't allow nude pics anyways....so aren't you breaking their rules?

Oct 22 06 06:36 pm Link

Model

Mircalla

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Jessalyn_54 wrote:

I thought MySpace didn't allow nude pics anyways....so aren't you breaking their rules?

Myspace will delete a person's page if they see nudity or profanity being shown. however, someone actually has to report this page in order to have it happen. There are so many myspace pages that show nudity, they won't find them all unless they have a LOT of time on their hands.

Oct 22 06 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Greg Knapp wrote:

--GReg

Sounds like you clicked on a Cam bot. I hope you didin't add them.

Oct 22 06 06:41 pm Link

Model

Adrienne Aurora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Mircalla wrote:

Myspace will delete a person's page if they see nudity or profanity being shown. however, someone actually has to report this page in order to have it happen. There are so many myspace pages that show nudity, they won't find them all unless they have a LOT of time on their hands.

They kicked off my light bondage pic in less than 24 hours.

Oct 22 06 06:41 pm Link

Model

Mircalla

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Adrienne Aurora wrote:
They kicked off my light bondage pic in less than 24 hours.

What the hell is that about? Do you know how many bondage photos there are on myspace? It's just not right.

Oct 22 06 06:45 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

clone  wrote:
there is a site like myspace but for models and  Photographers it on my link check it out

model mayhem?

Oct 22 06 08:46 pm Link

Model

LORA

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Jessalyn_54 wrote:

I never said any of them were nudes.

Oct 22 06 08:49 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Lora wrote:

I never said any of them were nudes.

I guess it was CLT's quote that made me think there were nudes.

Lora wrote:

CLT wrote:
If my daughter ever do nude modeling, I would like to see those pictures. But I don't have a daughter, so I go around and see nude pictures of other people's daughters.

Oct 22 06 08:50 pm Link

Model

Courtney King

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Greg Knapp wrote:

--GReg

i agree it is annoying but at the same time people dont like random people in their buisness or maybe they just dont want just anyone or stranger as a friend?

i put mine on private b/c i dont like other people in my buisness..unless they send me a friend request like i know them or something....

Oct 22 06 08:51 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

I find myself denying the majority of the friend requests, because a lot of these people are sending the request and not even sending me a message or anything, and I don't just add whoever to my friends list.  But I am happy that I've been reconnected with a few of my old buddies I haven't talked to/seen in a while.  Today I got a friend request from the guy I had a lil' somethin' somethin' going on with back in college.  smile

Oct 22 06 08:52 pm Link

Photographer

CLONE

Salisbury, Maryland, US

Electra T wrote:

model mayhem?

my site http://foxyfans.com/signup.php

Oct 22 06 08:54 pm Link

Model

Mary-Nichole

Inverness, Alabama, US

check and see if mines like that.    lol  smile

Oct 22 06 08:55 pm Link

Photographer

CW Sr

Columbus, Ohio, US

Haha idiots. Mine isn't set to private. Feel free to send your request's.
www.myspace.com/coreywellman while you're there check out my "shooting the shooter" pics in the "view more pics" section displaying my "whatever it takes to get the shot" attitude.

Corey

Oct 22 06 08:56 pm Link

Model

Brandy_Lynn

Lexington, Kentucky, US

Idaho Edokpayi wrote:

All the more reason why I want to see

LMFAO

Oct 22 06 09:02 pm Link

Photographer

CLONE

Salisbury, Maryland, US

omg where idiots now

Oct 22 06 09:04 pm Link

Model

Loretta Lightningbolt

DEVILS ELBOW, Missouri, US

Shameless self promotion!

http://www.myspace.com/six_shooter_sick

Mine has never been private-I agree that is's terribly annoying.

Oct 22 06 11:18 pm Link

Photographer

PL Photography

Beeville, Texas, US

I am worried about putting a photography site up on myspace --I have my own personal account --but with their clauses in their  service agreement they claim they own all rights to pics posted ect ...dont want to risk it you know?...I do see tons of them but I guess I am chicken ..lol

Oct 22 06 11:23 pm Link

Model

Danella Lucioni

Florence, Toscana, Italy

WORD!

Oct 22 06 11:25 pm Link

Photographer

Zachary Reed

Denver, Colorado, US

i've got 2 pages. one is "personal". the other is "work" related. take your pick. good music on both. coolest layouts you've ever seen on a myspace page too. check 'em out.
http://www.myspace.com/flaunt (yeh.. i got it before the magazine)
& http://www.myspace.com/ZacharyReed

Oct 22 06 11:37 pm Link

Model

Melissa Leslie

San Diego, California, US

myspace.com/melissajleslie

myspace.com/mloveart

wink

~MLove

Oct 22 06 11:43 pm Link

Model

MELissaMOORE

Fairfield, California, US

I had mine set to private cause I get comments from 15 year olds that are sexualy oriented and I am not cool with that, so I pre-screen them, then they can see my pics.
Kisses,
MEL
www.myspace.com/princessofthedawn
it is basically personal and some modeling info

Oct 22 06 11:47 pm Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

CLT wrote:

.................. That's really creepy.

Oct 22 06 11:50 pm Link

Oct 22 06 11:56 pm Link