Photographer

Preclar Photography LLC

Columbus, Ohio, US

PL Photography wrote:
I am worried about putting a photography site up on myspace --I have my own personal account --but with their clauses in their  service agreement they claim they own all rights to pics posted ect ...

Wow, guess I should have read the fine print.  If I see one of my pics in one of their dating ads I don't know if I should be flattered or mad that I'm not getting any money for it.

Oct 22 06 11:58 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Knapp

Hollywood, Florida, US

Courtney King wrote:
i agree it is annoying but at the same time people dont like random people in their buisness or maybe they just dont want just anyone or stranger as a friend?

i put mine on private b/c i dont like other people in my buisness..unless they send me a friend request like i know them or something....

Perhaps you misunderstand, why do people set up model mayhem profiles?  To generate business right? Ok best way to generate business is to advertise. Put up photos in your profile. List you website so people who want to see more then your 20 pictures can. Or perhaps you have a cool website! But what I am failing to see is why you would say HEY! here is my myspace !!!  Psyche!!  LOL

I check out other photog's websites and myspaces to learn more (as you always learn something), and I check out potential models websites to learn more about them too,

I do not want to add people I "may" work with to my myspace. I add people I have worked with or that are personal friends. The fact that I have a myspace is just because of a random series of events.

Lets say I didnt have myspace, and I only have Model Mayhem I see your profile and I look it over and see you list a weblink to your site. I click it and get the private profile page. So I think /shrug.. Next..

If you really want your profile private then dont list it as a link from MM.

Save us all some time  smile

-G

Oct 23 06 12:50 am Link

Photographer

Morbid Rockwell

Fresno, California, US

Greg Knapp wrote:
Ok I noticed there are alot of members that use Myspace as a website which Is cool and all but just randomly surfing today I clicked on 5 "view my website" links and they goto a myspace profile thats set to private.

What good is this? Its like saying here is a link to my dead end. Do they expect me to add them to friend list ?  What if I don't have myspace? I wonder if these people even realise they are doing this.

--GReg

Actually, MM is for networking moreso than MySpace. If you were to drop her/him a line saying hay this is "so and so" I found your link on MM, and would like to talk about shooting, or whatever. Add her/him. Then you'd be on the friends list.

I have a page set to private because I actually talk to the 40 or 50 people on the friends list, the other page which has friends in the hundreds 'cause they "think it looks cool" just gets to muddled up to chat with anyone. If your accepted to the private page, it's because I would actually want to converse or network with you.

Don't get your little feelings hurt. Step up and say "Hi'. You might gain a friend and a model out of it.

Oct 23 06 12:58 am Link

Photographer

Mark J. Sebastian

San Jose, California, US

you figure a link would send you to a place where you can get more information. referring a page that can't be accessed seems counter intuitive.

i used to have my myspace page set as my link, but I later decided to keep my personal life away from MM. When my MM port was rather empty, one of the models I shot with decided she wanted to work with me because of the song i had playing on my myspace page wink

This week, I'm playing some Boyz II Men big_smile
http://myspace.com/markjsebastian

Oct 23 06 02:37 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Mark Sebastian wrote:
This week, I'm playing some Boyz II Men big_smile

..... That's really creepy.

Oct 23 06 02:44 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Wynd Mulysa wrote:

.................. That's really creepy.

Is it?  Most nude photographers are guys the age of your father photographing girls the age of your friends.  Don't tell me you never recognized this fact.

Oct 23 06 02:53 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:
Is it?  Most nude photographers are guys the age of your father photographing girls the age of your friends.  Don't tell me you never recognized this fact.

That is not creepy.
My comment was about the way he worded it, basically.  But maybe I have some weird hangups.  I don't know.

Oct 23 06 03:09 am Link

Photographer

PhotographerEX

Kalamazoo, Michigan, US

my myspace is the best!!!!

www.myspace.com/4740

go ahead and request me! I have the largest photographer page on myspace!

James

Oct 23 06 03:14 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Oh, and here's mine: www.myspace.com/wyndrules
I add everyone who sends me a request unless they have a name like "hot nude webcam girls" or something.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just think I may be networking in the wrong direction if I'm on their friends list.  smile.

Oct 23 06 03:18 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:

Wynd Mulysa wrote:
That is not creepy.
My comment was about the way he worded it, basically.  But maybe I have some weird hangups.  I don't know.

Basically what you're saying is that as long as nobody says what's actually going on, it's not "creepy"?  I believe they refer to this on Law & Order as "willful ignorance," which is not a valid defense.

Oct 23 06 03:27 am Link

Photographer

CLONE

Salisbury, Maryland, US

clone  wrote:
my site http://foxyfans.com/signup.php

Im going to add MySpace http://www.myspace.com/wwwfoxyfanscom But MYSite Is better lol  Thanks for the people who join my site

Oct 23 06 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

CLT wrote:

If my daughter ever do nude modeling, I would like to see those pictures. But I don't have a daughter, so I go around and see nude pictures of other people's daughters.

I had to read this 3 times...

*shiver*

Oct 23 06 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

PierJes

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

http://www.myspace.com/vidocq

I like MySpace.
In my case, it's very useful for photography networking.

Oct 23 06 01:34 pm Link

Model

trish

Los Angeles, California, US

Lora wrote:
My MM page doesn't have a direct link to my Myspace page but my address is listed if you want to see it. Why is mine private? My dad doesn't need to stumble on some of those pics. He knows what I do; he just doesn't want to see it. And he can easily access it through my brother's page if he wanted to.

you're 30...... and if you father knows what you do and doesnt want to see it why would it matter if he can access your page from your brothers?? i though he didn't want to see it, plus you can't post nudes there anyhow?  sorry... just sayin.....

myspace has done more for my modeling network than this site ever has, but i don't use it professionally.  it is my personal space for fun and communicating with my friends and fans.  i do have a link to it listed on my page here, but that was just so people could find out a little more bout the girl behind the boobies.  i don't think it should be used as a portfolio.... says nothing more than you are an amateur without a domain name.

xox,
t
www.trishytrashy.com
www.myspace.com/stonrgrl76

Oct 23 06 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

John Landers

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Mark Sebastian wrote:
This week, I'm playing some Boyz II Men

Yeah, it's nice to have the option to add some music to a MySpace profile. I'm playing the Cure - "Pictures of You" smile

Send me a friend request and check out my latest blog entry - Songs about Photography:

http://www.myspace.com/saintjohn17

Oct 23 06 01:37 pm Link

Photographer

duds here

Chicago, Illinois, US

I think you have to join my space to see all the images.  A model sent me there and a line came up have to sign in in order to see all images.

But I got three viruses at once every time I went to my space along with spam in my email and pop ups even after getting out, so I don't really want to go there anymore.

Does anyone else get viruses from my space?

There is a cool spot called my site, which is free, with pop ups but you can set the site anyway you like and it can look very professional if you spend a little time picking background colors and it even has different pages for your bio, pictures, events, up coming jobs etc. what ever you want, the site is mysite.com and you sign up and make your page!

Oct 23 06 01:40 pm Link

Model

LORA

Washington, District of Columbia, US

trish wrote:

you're 30...... and if you father knows what you do and doesnt want to see it why would it matter if he can access your page from your brothers?? sorry... just sayin.....

Ok then, let me clarify. He knows what I do, but he doesn't know what pictures to expect if he does choose to look me up there. He's not the only reason; just the main reason. I like to make sure only people I add can see my Myspace page; not a big deal. And really, I don't link my MM page directly to Myspace - I link it to a photosite.

Oct 23 06 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

Saryn Angel

I have two profiles set up on myspace - one for networking:
http://www.myspace.com/sarynangelphotography

And a personal one which is set up to private and very difficult to add to, because, I don't want to add random people on that profile. It's just for me and the personal friends that I want to keep in touch with on a regular basis.

My myspace photography page is linked through my personal website - But not on here.. I guess I could add it to my bio... but never really saw the point.. tongue

Oct 23 06 01:46 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

PL Photography wrote:
I am worried about putting a photography site up on myspace --I have my own personal account --but with their clauses in their  service agreement they claim they own all rights to pics posted ect ...dont want to risk it you know?...I do see tons of them but I guess I am chicken ..lol

Yeah, I read that in their 'fine print' some months back. I stopped posting any of my work on that site. For that reason and because of all the thieves. Wanna be photogs, models, or whoever lurk the site stealing pics and claiming them as their own, or portraying to be the people in the photos. It's happened to me and a few of my friends so far. And the hassel the site gives people to prove ownership of the photos is a pain in the ass. And then even when you follow their procedure of verifying ownership and getting them removed from the site, deleted from these fake pages, they don't even bother to take them down! So, now... I just give links to my OMP port for those who want to see my work.

Oct 23 06 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

Saryn Angel

Rossi Photography wrote:

Yeah, I read that in their 'fine print' some months back. I stopped posting any of my work on that site. For that reason and because of all the thieves. Wanna be photogs, models, or whoever lurk the site stealing pics and claiming them as their own, or portraying to be the people in the photos. It's happened to me and a few of my friends so far. And the hassel the site gives people to prove ownership of the photos is a pain in the ass. And then even when you follow their procedure of verifying ownership and getting them removed from the site, deleted from these fake pages, they don't even bother to take them down! So, now... I just give links to my OMP port for those who want to see my work.

Deviantart does the same thing... so does Tribe.net...

Oct 23 06 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

Uni_Photography

Woodland Hills, California, US

I personally have a personal page and a business page. I'm even thinking about getting another business page for my graphic work. People have seen around myspace with my photography and logo. I love myspace. Use it to your advantage and as an asset not a liability. I made banners for myself that either clients or friends/family posted my banners on their page. I try to make it easy as possible for someone to find me on myspace if and when they see my work on someones page or wherever.

Photography
Unique Vision

Personal
Versatyl

Oct 23 06 02:08 pm Link

Model

Daniel A

Springfield, Colorado, US

myspace is a GREAT way to network and to get to know really cool people

http://www.myspace.com/scarfacepacker

Oct 23 06 02:10 pm Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

Greg Knapp wrote:
Ok I noticed there are alot of members that use Myspace as a website which Is cool and all but just randomly surfing today I clicked on 5 "view my website" links and they goto a myspace profile thats set to private.

What good is this? Its like saying here is a link to my dead end. Do they expect me to add them to friend list ?  What if I don't have myspace? I wonder if these people even realise they are doing this.

--GReg

Mine's visible to all, Greg! 
Truly, Kathy
www.myspace.com/kathaysmodel

Oct 23 06 02:12 pm Link

Model

Rose Summers

Matamoras, Pennsylvania, US

Vidmandave wrote:

Then they shouldn't be posting it as a link if they want privacy D'OH

Exactly. My website link on here is to my music myspace (which is not set to private). Off of that myspace, people can get to my personal myspace....also not set to private. My way of looking at it is if people want to know something about me, let them. If they don't like it, tough. They're going to find out eventually whether they hear it from me or not, so what's the point in hiding?

Oct 23 06 02:55 pm Link

Model

Shauna Danielle

Booneville, Kentucky, US

I hate private profiles too...I dont think they should have started making them...I guess for the kids under 16, I can see why they do it, but why does an adult need a private profile anyway?

Oct 23 06 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

SPRINGHEEL

Detroit, Michigan, US

Can't miss an opportunity to pimp myself somemore...

http://www.myspace.com/springheel69

Oct 23 06 03:28 pm Link

Model

Lyndzi Joy

Waterford, Michigan, US

www.myspace.com/Lyndsey_joy

Mine isn't set to private..send me an add!

Oct 23 06 03:30 pm Link

Model

Model Mel

I have a dirty little Secret and my space is not set to Private .. hehehe

Oct 23 06 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Jennifer Baumann wrote:
My way of looking at it is if people want to know something about me, let them. If they don't like it, tough. They're going to find out eventually whether they hear it from me or not, so what's the point in hiding?

Like I said in an earlier post... Mine's set to private. I'd like it not to be. It wasn't always set to private. But due to a psychotic internet stalker.. Well, I'm kind of forced to. I can deal with the bullshit from this freak, but they've followed links from my page to my 16 year old son's page and started harassing him to get to me. When freaks start bothering my children, then it's time to lock it up.

The asshole has even contacted clients to interfere with my work. For example... a band hired me to do some promo and live shots. The singer of the band left a comment on my page regarding the shoot. Well, this freak read it, then went and made a fake page identical to mine and sent a message to the band canceling the shoot and telling them they'll need to find another photographer, making it look like it was from me. The band thought I canceled on them until I showed up ready to do the shoot.

Oct 23 06 05:03 pm Link

Model

Fede Rhodes

Madrid, Madrid, Spain

I think my space was cool at first but I think its getting too big everyones in there and it doesnt look that profesional. Take a look at my website link on MM its a modeling site,its dead "but" the design is cool and you can upload as many pics as you want. So now for profesional purposes I show my work there and use MM for interact. Im still thinking about building my space and upload my music but i find it too risky and dont think its a good idea to mix friends and work I like to keep my life private with itnernet you never know. I dont know how many people give so many details of their life one day theyll wake up with their bank account empty.

Oct 24 06 06:44 am Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

CL Photography wrote:
I think you have to join my space to see all the images.  A model sent me there and a line came up have to sign in in order to see all images.

But I got three viruses at once every time I went to my space along with spam in my email and pop ups even after getting out, so I don't really want to go there anymore.

Does anyone else get viruses from my space?

There is a cool spot called my site, which is free, with pop ups but you can set the site anyway you like and it can look very professional if you spend a little time picking background colors and it even has different pages for your bio, pictures, events, up coming jobs etc. what ever you want, the site is mysite.com and you sign up and make your page!

big_smile  I was spammed.

Oct 24 06 06:49 am Link

Photographer

lawsonpix

Havre de Grace, Maryland, US

Lora wrote:
My MM page doesn't have a direct link to my Myspace page but my address is listed if you want to see it. Why is mine private? My dad doesn't need to stumble on some of those pics. He knows what I do; he just doesn't want to see it. And he can easily access it through my brother's page if he wanted to.

this is funny, in my house, i'm the dad... and i have a locked myspace also... i don't want my teenage daughter stumbling accross my locked myspace cause i have some PG-13 pics on it... hmmmm we live such a twisted life

Oct 24 06 07:05 am Link

Photographer

Kristen Weaver

Orlando, Florida, US

I have 2 myspace accounts... one for my photography and one for personal use. My personal site is private because my employer checks myspace. The only problem with my photography account, is I get a lot of random requests from guys who think the pictures of my model are actually me, despite the bold print that they're not. Then I get 500 glitter-tag comments. Anyways, it looks pretty cheap if you ask me, but I have actually gotten some work from it.

http://www.myspace.com/kwphotog

I would like friends on there from MM.... those are the people I like networking with smile

Oct 24 06 07:23 am Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

Bloomfield, New Jersey, US

Oct 24 06 07:59 am Link

Photographer

Steven Starr

Fort Mill, South Carolina, US

I have a myspace http://www.myspace.com/exposedphotography and personal website http://www.exposedphotography.net.

My MySpace is not private because I want people to freely be able to see what I am advertising.  I don't see any benefit (if you are a photographer) to setting it to private.

Steve

Oct 24 06 02:21 pm Link

Model

LORA

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Alright, I've decided to remove some images and make my page public.

http://www.myspace.com/shootlora

Oct 25 06 11:58 am Link

Model

Alli Michelle

Miami, Florida, US

Preclar Photography LLC wrote:

Wow, guess I should have read the fine print.  If I see one of my pics in one of their dating ads I don't know if I should be flattered or mad that I'm not getting any money for it.

they did a thing on the local news about myspace and they showed images people had up and all of a suddenly a close up picture of my friends clevage popped up!

Oct 25 06 12:08 pm Link

Model

_Alexandra

Alexandria, Virginia, US

I don't like the idea of putting a myspace link in your profile.  There tends to be private things that people put in their profiles expecting only their friends to see.  Sometimes there are even inappropriate pictures (sometimes of minors) that you really didn't want to come across.

--Alexandra

Oct 25 06 12:37 pm Link

Model

Gabrielle Helms

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Lady_Death wrote:

I set mine on private due to a fellow and his friends who make up 5000000 profiles and harass my myspace friends... but if I recognize a name on here who adds me to their friends list, then I accept... simple as that... I know I'm annoying!

Well... my website's link on here is my website, but I do have a myspace. I also have mine set to private, anyone who cares to see it can add me, what's so wrong about that?? I set up jobs through mm, paidmodels.com, yahoo, or hehehe...  A PHONE!!! I get sick of random people mess. me on myspace saying hey, youre hot... ya & I'm happily married, leave me alone... I'm on there to network & talk with my old high school friends... not hear about some oddball that e-mails chicks to say what's up... Sorry my 2 cents... = D

Oct 25 06 09:21 pm Link

Model

Brandon Beecham

Katy, Texas, US

And one more act of shamelessness !

http://www.myspace.com/thebronzeman 

Come talk to me, it'll be fun !

Oct 27 06 09:45 pm Link