Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

New Haven, Connecticut, US

Michael J wrote:

Woah, woah, slow down there.  Shouldn't we at least go out on a shoot first?  And if you're my photographer, will we be going steady, or can I still work with everyone else I want to, too?

Would that be like the model/photographer equivalent of a husband/wife "swinging"?

Swung mine once, ever see Alien VS Predator where the Predator is swinging the Alien around after cutting off its tail? ...so like we was sayin before these kids got to talkin sex and what not the major thing that cames to mind when dealing with equipment issues is.....to be positive and knowing that the good lord thought fit to supply you with "that" has some meaning in it of itself. Don't you think?

Oct 09 06 11:41 am Link

Photographer

Sockpuppet Studios

San Francisco, California, US

James Jackson wrote:
and this shot: https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=1426619

are the reason "photographers" don't use "point and shoot" cameras.

Yo James,
I see some wonky cropping, fingers cut off,
a no light on models face in bright noonish lit sun so face is underexposed and background is over exposed,
& crooked horizion.
not very good saturation in sky either but the sky can be that color at times.

all of these can be fixed with no changes to the camera used....

Trust me I'm trying to get my self a new camera because I can't have the focus control, & sharpness I want with my current one but all the problems I see are skill related not camera related.

Oct 09 06 11:41 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Vivus Denuo wrote:

I was supposed to buy a camera?

Only a little black one son, just make sure it has some features on it> see features is what you wants from magazines. And if the camera has the you know its like Billy's mom use to say back then, A good blender has saved her ass more than once.

Oct 09 06 11:43 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Experimental Photoworks wrote:

Yo James,
I see some wonky cropping, fingers cut off,
a no light on models face in bright noonish lit sun so face is underexposed and background is over exposed,
& crooked horizion.
not very good saturation in sky either but the sky can be that color at times.

Trust me I'm trying to get my self a new camera because I can't have the focus control, & sharpness I want with my current one but all the problems I see are skill related not camera related.

Yo' Expereimantal photoworks you want to by some speakers? their leftovers from my boss?

Oct 09 06 11:45 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Alex Melnikov wrote:
I think it's useful. Not the camera model in general, but brand names of equipment helps in gauging how professional the photographer is. I would be more likely to go on shoot with somebody who uses dSLR vs regular Point and Shoot camera :-)

Oh thats wonderful, since its been said that the "equipment makes the man" I recall seeing things that others just were'nt. At that time most everyone around had them on their TV set.

Oct 09 06 11:51 am Link

Photographer

saverio

Santa Monica, California, US

Dr Molly Black wrote:

She's MINE, ALL MINE!

*Insert Evil Laughter HERE*

So she's MY model. She's only on loan to other photographers.

;-)

i take no possession!  wynd is free (now that's really silly)  and my original post was absolutely in jest.  we cannot take take possession of another, but we can be loaned out. 
and in response to several posts in this thread, NOTHING can be explained, claimed, or judged by equipment!  I use the most expensive equipment on earth to make images look like they were shot with a point and shoot, and i'm paid insane money to do so!  works shot with plastic holga's hang in the world's museums, people create stunning work with pinhole cameras.  variety and integrity of art is paramount, cameras are just tools!  saverio

Oct 09 06 11:51 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

saverio wrote:

i take no possession!  wynd is free (now that's really silly)  and my original post was absolutely in jest.  we cannot take take possession of another, but we can be loaned out. 
and in response to several posts in this thread, NOTHING can be explained, claimed, or judged by equipment!  I use the most expensive equipment on earth to make images look like they were shot with a point and shoot, and i'm paid insane money to do so!  works shot with plastic holga's hang in the world's museums, people create stunning work with pinhole cameras.  variety and integrity of art is paramount, cameras are just tools!  saverio

Thinking things like this always warms my heart...seeing as the whole world is sometimes
thinking that round is relative to something about now its how much you spent as to how much you got.

Oct 09 06 11:55 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Experimental Photoworks wrote:

You are correct... as I said in my point about when i used to have to out think my CoolPix 990...

*BUT*

would you rather have to outsmart your camera or would you rather use a camera that has the manual settings right there...I'm pretty sure the answer is you'd rather use manual settings.

- thus -

the reason photographers don't use point and shoot cameras.

Oct 09 06 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

James Jackson wrote:

You are correct... as I said in my point about when i used to have to out think my CoolPix 990...

*BUT*

would you rather have to outsmart your camera or would you rather use a camera that has the manual settings right there...I'm pretty sure the answer is you'd rather use manual settings.

- thus -

the reason photographers don't use point and shoot cameras.

is they don't have too?

Oct 09 06 04:38 pm Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

thump

Oct 09 06 11:47 pm Link