Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

New Haven, Connecticut, US

Why do people think they need to tell you what kind of _uckin camera they use on their Bio"s here? Who the _uck cares?

Oct 09 06 07:41 am Link

Photographer

Meehan

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

I use Crest Tooth Paste and Edge Gell shaving cream. I use Charmin TP. But yeah, who the F cares.

Oct 09 06 07:51 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Meehan wrote:
I use Crest Tooth Paste and Edge Gell shaving cream. I use Charmin TP. But yeah, who the F cares.

Ohhh, so that was the missing letter.

Oct 09 06 07:59 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

good call. most models would have no idea what any of it means anyways and that's who their audience is supposed to be right? so if they do put it on their profile then they are trying to impress other photographers. or maybe by speaking a bunch of mumbo jumbo that most models wont understand they really sound professional instead of a GWC

Oct 09 06 08:01 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Jessalyn_54 wrote:
good call. most models would have no idea what any of it means anyways and that's who their audience is supposed to be right? so if they do put it on their profile then they are trying to impress other photographers. or maybe by speaking a bunch of mumbo jumbo that most models wont understand they really sound professional instead of a GWC

sad. I fall for it.

Oct 09 06 08:03 am Link

Photographer

R Michael Walker

Costa Mesa, California, US

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:
Why do people think they need to tell you what kind of _uckin camera they use on their Bio"s here? Who the _uck cares?

I like to know.

Oct 09 06 08:06 am Link

Photographer

former_mm_user

New York, New York, US

Meehan wrote:
I use Charmin TP.

ewww!  that stuff is way too flaky.  i like the rough generic kind.

Oct 09 06 08:07 am Link

Photographer

giovanni gruttola

Middle Island, New York, US

You're right... really, who cares. Everyone knows it's the flash that really matters... I use an sb800... you'd know that if you read my bio... it's there right after the type of tripod I use.

Oct 09 06 08:07 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Mike Walker wrote:

I like to know.

You like to know what kind of camera a person uses?  Nooooo!!!  You're just proving that the people on this site don't all think the same and that there is more than one way to do someting!!!  What will become of this community?  Oh, right, they'll continue to think that anyway.

Oct 09 06 08:09 am Link

Photographer

James Graham

Brooklyn, New York, US

What's a "Flash" ?

Oct 09 06 08:10 am Link

Photographer

former_mm_user

New York, New York, US

James Graham wrote:
What's a "Flash" ?

https://smappdooda.com/images/flasher.jpg

Oct 09 06 08:13 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Christopher Bush wrote:

The expression on Mr. McDonald's face is priceless.

Oct 09 06 08:16 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Christopher Bush wrote:

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Christopher Bush wrote:

I hate that greasy feeling hospital papaer, you know the kind you don't seem to be able to gain any traction with.

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Wynd Mulysa wrote:

yup.

Oct 09 06 08:18 am Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:

I hate that greasy feeling hospital papaer, you know the kind you don't seem to beable to gain any traction with.

I use 3M brand, 80 grit.

Oct 09 06 08:19 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Wynd Mulysa wrote:

You like to know what kind of camera a person uses?  Nooooo!!!  You're just proving that the people on this site don't all think the same and that there is more than one way to do someting!!!  What will become of this community?  Oh, right, they'll continue to think that anyway.

Think what ? You lost me there champ. Ummmmmm well I think I am lost?

Oct 09 06 08:20 am Link

Photographer

Gary Blanchette

Irvine, California, US

Christopher Bush wrote:

Or how about those single layer four inch squares of tissue they use in gas station restrooms? Damn!

Oct 09 06 08:20 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:

Think what ? You lost me there champ. Ummmmmm well I think I am lost?

Thanks for calling me "champ."  I like it.
Sorry, I'm a little delirious right now.  It wasn't a personal attack or anything, I was just pointing out the natural MM thread flow: OP says "why do people do this?  That's stupid!"  And within the next five or ten posts, someone says "I do that" or "I don't think it's stupid."  Usually it leads to a long argument with other parties joining in, but this is a little less serious.  wink.

Oct 09 06 08:23 am Link

Photographer

Louis Pereyra

Scranton, Pennsylvania, US

Meehan wrote:
I use Charmin TP.

Please...for goodness sake...DON'T SQUEEZE THE CHARMIN!

Oct 09 06 08:27 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

GLB Graphics wrote:

Or how about those single layer four inch squares of tissue they use in gas station restrooms? Damn!

Fold in half, place each index finger aproxx. at the halfway point along the any axis and tear a small half circle area about the size of a quater away from this section of the 4 in. whole.
Use 4 inch sq. as instructed by station owner guidelines and then use the section torn out to clean under your nail. Dispose of both sections of said papers as per the osha required guidelines posted to your rite upon the wall.

Oct 09 06 08:29 am Link

Photographer

Louis Pereyra

Scranton, Pennsylvania, US

You guys freakin crack me up....when I need a laugh I come to the forums (and when I'm bored)....OOPS boss is coming....

Oct 09 06 08:29 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Wynd Mulysa wrote:

Sorry, I'm a little delirious right now.  It wasn't a personal attack or anything, I was just pointing out the natural MM thread flow: OP says "why do people do this?  That's stupid!"  And within the next five or ten posts, someone says "I do that" or "I don't think it's stupid."  Usually it leads to a long argument with other parties joining in, but this is a little less serious.  wink.

Uh... what? Damn I am still lost what the hell is going on on marge? what did that gurl say? I was having the piss off the site,I wasn't calling anyone out...
Further more just what the hell is you talkin bout?
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . . .  ..    . . .. .............................

Oct 09 06 08:32 am Link

Photographer

former_mm_user

New York, New York, US

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:
Use 4 inch sq. as instructed by station owner guidelines and then use the section torn out to clean under your nail.

you know, it's usually much harder than this to gross me out...

big_smile

Oct 09 06 08:35 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:

Uh... what? Damn I am still lost what the hell is going on on marge? what did that gurl say? I was having the piss off the site,I wasn't calling anyone out...
Further more just what the hell is you talkin bout?
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . . .  ..    . . .. .............................

People used to call me Marge when I had blue hair.  smile.

And speaking of TP, I use whatever kind I can gank from public restrooms.

Oct 09 06 08:40 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Christopher Bush wrote:

you know, it's usually much harder than this to gross me out...

big_smile

Your easy?

Oct 09 06 08:44 am Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

Because they have little else going for them?  I don't know. Funnier still when guys document the lens, shutter speed and aperture from an image.

Oct 09 06 08:45 am Link

Photographer

giovanni gruttola

Middle Island, New York, US

https://www.harpiesbizarre.com/castaway%20whipple.jpg

Oct 09 06 08:45 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Vegas Alien wrote:
Because they have little else going for them?  I don't know. Funnier still when guys document the lens, shutter speed and aperture from an image.

What if they're taking notes to develop their techinque?

Oct 09 06 08:48 am Link

Photographer

Eli Ceballos

Brooklyn, New York, US

Wynd Mulysa wrote:

With all due respect...what do you prefer a huge circle jerk?  This is a forum, what to expect are opposing opinions on EVERYTHING...on all forums...EVERYWHERE!

Tis the nature of it all.

Eli

Oct 09 06 09:01 am Link

Photographer

Greg Knapp

Hollywood, Florida, US

I am ashamed of my camera.. its silver and everyone knows to take really great photographs you need a black camera (also known as the higher contrast model)

I am so embarrassed that I never even let the models see the camera, for all they know im just standing behind the key light making shutter noises with my mouth, and holding out a lens that I bought at a garage sale for 4 bucks.

>.< dang it.. i swore i would never let my secrets out and now there they are for all to see..  oh well

Oct 09 06 09:01 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

crypticarts wrote:

With all due respect...what do you prefer a huge circle jerk?  This is a forum, what to expect are opposing opinions on EVERYTHING...on all forums...EVERYWHERE!

Tis the nature of it all.

Eli

With all due respect in return, I haven't said anything was wrong with it, so I don't really understand why you asked that question.  But to answer it, no.  Circle jerks are gross and I'm not invited, anyway.

Oct 09 06 09:09 am Link

Photographer

Eli Ceballos

Brooklyn, New York, US

Wynd Mulysa wrote:

With all due respect in return, I haven't said anything was wrong with it, so I don't really understand why you asked that question.  But to answer it, no.  Circle jerks are gross and I'm not invited, anyway.

Well, I do that...I don't think it's gross!  8oP

Oct 09 06 09:11 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

crypticarts wrote:

Well, I do that...I don't think it's gross!  8oP

I think I only am pretending I think it's gross because I'm not invited.

Oct 09 06 09:23 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

I shoot with a 12cm Nikon Pertablaster!

I'm Batman.

Oct 09 06 09:31 am Link

Model

TAMMY RENOLDS

New York, New York, US

My photographer uses a point and shoot, well thats what his adverese and sometimes critiques say, personally he is a good photographer, and tell him point and shoot all the way to the top. smile

Tammy

Oct 09 06 09:32 am Link

Photographer

John Van

Vienna, Wien, Austria

To go back to the original question, I think they do it because they assume people think they're serious and/or professional if they show that they have a good, expensive digital camera or they're just proud of what they own. It's bogus, but hey, let them.

It may bug me, but so does all the talk about creating art etc. when all I see is a bunch of snapshots or images like mine (and I don't pretend to shoot art).

Oct 09 06 09:34 am Link

Photographer

yani

Matawan, New Jersey, US

Perhaps listing equipment is to compensate for the lack of quality in a portfolio, sort of like middle age guys in Corvettes.....

or

https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e217/Yanisworld/cg_main.jpg

Oct 09 06 09:35 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

TAMMY RENOLDS wrote:
My photographer uses a point and shoot, well thats what his adverese and sometimes critiques say, personally he is a good photographer, and tell him point and shoot all the way to the top. smile

Tammy

You own your very own photographer?  Woooow.

Oct 09 06 09:38 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

TAMMY RENOLDS wrote:

This shot: https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=1426614

and this shot: https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=1426619

are the reason "photographers" don't use "point and shoot" cameras.

Oct 09 06 09:42 am Link