Forums > General Industry > Do you flirt on your photoshoots?

Photographer

Justin N Lane

Brooklyn, New York, US

It's all about flirting... I even go so far as to make fun of my flirting while I'm doing it!

Aug 13 05 07:55 pm Link

Photographer

Justin N Lane

Brooklyn, New York, US

oops...

Aug 13 05 07:55 pm Link

Photographer

Belair

Downers Grove, Illinois, US

Do you flirt when you go to the dry cleaners?

Do you flirt when you go to the muffler shop?

Do you flirt when you go to the bakery?

Do you flirt when you go to the gas station?

Do you flirt with your lawyer?

Do you flirt with your dentist?

Do you flirt when you go to the butcher shop?

Do you flirt with the plumber?

Of course not.  They are business relationships - just like the model/photographer relationship should be.

Aug 13 05 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Belair wrote:

Of course not.  They are business relationships - just like the model/photographer relationship should be.

Very bad examples.

I've flirted with females working at dentist offices, dry cleaners, bakeries, and gas stations. Even a female lawyer (but she was my lawyers fiance, so it's not exactly the same).

If I met a cute woman working at a butcher shop, muffler shop, or a plumber, I'd flirt with her too. Why not? Life is too short.

Aug 13 05 08:18 pm Link

Photographer

Belair

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

Very bad examples.

I've flirted with females working at dentist offices, dry cleaners, bakeries, and gas stations. Even a female lawyer (but she was my lawyers fiance, so it's not exactly the same).

If I met a cute woman working at a butcher shop, muffler shop, or a plumber, I'd flirt with her too. Why not? Life is too short.

You sound like a serial pain in the ass.

Aug 13 05 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Belair wrote:

You sound like a serial pain in the ass.

Not entirely. In fact, cereal doesn't cause me any rectal discomfort unless it's administered as a suppository.

Aug 13 05 08:32 pm Link

Model

Lady Atropos

Toledo, Ohio, US

I flirt if there is chemistry - and if the photog clearly knows it that nothing will come of it

Aug 13 05 08:37 pm Link

Photographer

Steven Stone Photo

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

I flirt with disaster every time I leave the house.

Aug 13 05 08:38 pm Link

Model

Goddess Erinys

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Belair wrote:

umm..get over it

Aug 13 05 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

Belair

Larisa Burdeynaya wrote:

umm..get over it

Get over what?

Aug 13 05 08:58 pm Link

Model

Goddess Erinys

Belair wrote:

Get over what?

you just seem angry about this thread ..alittle harmless flirting never hurt anyone..ahh..who cares lollllllllllllllllllllllllll

Aug 13 05 08:59 pm Link

Photographer

Belair

Larisa Burdeynaya wrote:

you just seem angry about this thread ..alittle harmless flirting never hurt anyone..ahh..who cares lollllllllllllllllllllllllll

No, not angry at all.  I'm just not sure why some folks think that photoshoots need not be treated like any other business transaction between professionals.  Flirting is unprofessional.

Actually, I find your position on this intersting since your profile opens with the statement, "I approach all of my work in a professional manner."  Are you suggesting that flirting is indeed professional behavior?

Aug 13 05 09:07 pm Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

I'm a serial flirter. I overcompliment during shoots and make stupid jokes in order to get the models to relax and enjoy themselves. Seeing how I shoot in public a lot and people are watching, it helps releive the model of tension.

Aug 13 05 09:10 pm Link

Photographer

John Van

Vienna, Wien, Austria

To the doubters on this thread: flirting is harmless, unless the flirtee (if there is such a word) or somebody else is offended by it or doesn't understand that it's just flirting.

I sometimes flirt with other women jokingly with my wife sitting right next to me. As long as all involved know it's just for fun, there's nothing wrong with it.

Aug 13 05 09:19 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Belair wrote:
I'm just not sure why some folks think that photoshoots need not be treated like any other business transaction between professionals.  Flirting is unprofessional.

Are you suggesting that flirting is indeed professional behavior?

Professional behavior? It is HUMAN behavior; Neither "professional" nor "unprofessional" in any way. Being flirtatious can be a simple personality trait; The way a human being interacts with other human beings when they find someone attractive. Supressing natural human interactions seems extraordinarily psychologically unhealthy.

JvR wrote:
I sometimes flirt with other women jokingly with my wife sitting right next to me. As long as all involved know it's just for fun, there's nothing wrong with it.

That's awesome. THAT is the sign of a good marriage. As long as you let her do the same thing. And if you do, that's great. Proves you're both still alive. Both human. It's natural. It's harmless. It's just fun. Then you can go home, tell your wife how much she means to you, and spend the night with her. That sounds pretty good.

Aug 13 05 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

John Van

Vienna, Wien, Austria

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

That's awesome. THAT is the sign of a good marriage. As long as you let her do the same thing. And if you do, that's great. Proves you're both still alive. Both human. It's natural. It's harmless. It's just fun. Then you can go home, tell your wife how much she means to you, and spend the night with her. That sounds pretty good.

For the record: yes, she can flirt as well, but in general she tends to flirt less than I do. But, yes, we do have a good marriage.

Aug 13 05 09:46 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Monsante Bey wrote:
I'm a serial flirter.

Just like I was called a "cereal pain in the ass?"

"Oh, my bowl of Fruit Loops, you look so hot. I could just eat you when you're all wet with milk."

Aug 13 05 09:57 pm Link

Model

Goddess Erinys

Belair wrote:

No, not angry at all.  I'm just not sure why some folks think that photoshoots need not be treated like any other business transaction between professionals.  Flirting is unprofessional.

Actually, I find your position on this intersting since your profile opens with the statement, "I approach all of my work in a professional manner."  Are you suggesting that flirting is indeed professional behavior?

i havent flirted yet on a shoot..i do conduct myself in a professional manner..however..if im friends with the person i see nothing wrong with it. you sir are taking this thread alittle too seriously.i on the other hand will just laugh it off and continue with my day,and in about thirty seconds..you and your "comments will no longer exist. smile ciao

Aug 13 05 11:26 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:
"Oh, my bowl of Fruit Loops, you look so hot. I could just eat you when you're all wet with milk."

I can't believe you're cheating on me with that bowl of fruit loops.

Aug 13 05 11:33 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

theda wrote:

I can't believe you're cheating on me with that bowl of fruit loops.

Baby, they meant nothing to me. It was just breakfast! I don't know what came over me!

Aug 13 05 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

I want good photographs when I shoot, and I don't want the llama thinking that I want anything else. So, no, I don't flirt.

Besides that, I'm homely, and I don't like to see looks of revulsion on ladies' faces. It's not good for the shoot.

And besides that, I really don't know how, and frankly, I wouldn't recognize it or believe it if someone flirted with me.

So no on all counts.

Aug 14 05 03:19 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:
...Do you think it's okay to have it done to you? Does it make you uneasy? Do you think it's wrong?

Opinions........

Good question Eric *blink blink*

I love a man who asks intelligent questions and is so talented *wink*

And, to think, he's even cute *wink wink*

Maybe, we can drop this silly thread and discuss this in private? Hm? *gyrates hips*

Aug 14 05 03:43 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Joe K. Perez wrote:
Good question Eric *blink blink*

I love a man who asks intelligent questions and is so talented *wink*

And, to think, he's even cute *wink wink*

Maybe, we can drop this silly thread and discuss this in private? Hm? *gyrates hips*

Oh yeah. Now we're talkin', baby. Plus, we're both in California. Maybe we could get together sometime and ...

... Hey ... Um, wait a minute ... Joe is short for "Josephine", right?

DOH!

Aug 14 05 03:49 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:
Oh yeah. Now we're talkin', baby. Plus, we're both in California. Maybe we could get together sometime and ...

... Hey ... Um, wait a minute ... Joe is short for "Josephine", right?

DOH!

Eric...you Muss be Barne tootin ghey. lol

Aug 14 05 03:51 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Joe K. Perez wrote:
Eric...you Muss be Barne tootin ghey. lol

Hell yeah. I'm a Flaming Heterosexual.

:wink:

Aug 14 05 03:55 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

Hell yeah. I'm a Flaming Heterosexual.

:wink:

Not to mention, one of the few on here wearing Flame Retardant material.

Good shew Eric.

Aug 14 05 03:58 am Link

Model

Chaotika

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Apparently I flirt alot.
But I don't mean to!!! It's just how I talks wink lol

Aug 14 05 03:59 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Now, to answer Eric's question seriously.

I don't flirt. Never was a good flirter, even when the chemistry was there. Plus, I've been married so long, I'd be too clumsy at it. Most of the time, I blush a lot when I'm flirted on by a llama, but that's only happened twice and when it did happen, the first thing that came to mind was being scared. Yes. Scared. Scared that they were gonna take me down, my marriage and my photography endeavors down the frikkin tube.

So, I purposefully get loopy and change the subject to politics and ignore her flirting completely. Sorry, but I take my photography seriously and there's no way in hell would I ever open myself up to any kind of bad setup.

Aug 14 05 04:06 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

To be fair, the cereal is called Froot Loops.

Aug 14 05 04:09 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Brian Diaz wrote:
To be fair, the cereal is called Froot Loops.

Well, I'm a guy. I'm a jerk. I never get the chicks name right even after we've been intimate.

So you see, Theda, the cereal meant nothing to me. It's always only been you. You. You.

Aug 14 05 04:13 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:
Theda

I've noticed theda uses a lowercase t by the way.

Aug 14 05 04:16 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

I flirt everyday all the time... photoshoots are no different.
Flirting is just one way to be friendly and playful, and it's a *lot* more fun when both parties know it's all in fun.

Aug 14 05 04:19 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

Well, I'm a guy. I'm a jerk. I never get the chicks name right even after we've been intimate.

So you see, Theda, the cereal meant nothing to me. It's always only been you. You. You.

He who desires but acts not breeds pestilence.

Aug 14 05 04:33 am Link

Photographer

DrakenARTZ

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

People say I flirt but most of the time they get it wrong because Im just trying to be nice ^_^

Aug 14 05 09:24 am Link

Model

Hel Inferna

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Whenever people flirt with me I take it as a compliment, I love it. I don't flirt back much, because to be honest, I'm really terrible at it. I'm bad at taking compliments and believeing someone is flirting with me and such. You kind of have to hit me over the head and scream I THINK YOU'RE REALLY CUTE! I'M FLIRTING WITH YOU! I usually get all blushy when someone hits on me and I don't know what to do with myself. I'll stare at my toes and look around to see who he's really talking about, haha. But anyways if its all in good fun I think its great.

Aug 14 05 09:32 am Link

Photographer

DrakenARTZ

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Hel Inferna wrote:
Whenever people flirt with me I take it as a compliment, I love it. I don't flirt back much, because to be honest, I'm really terrible at it. I'm bad at taking compliments and believeing someone is flirting with me and such. You kind of have to hit me over the head and scream I THINK YOU'RE REALLY CUTE! I'M FLIRTING WITH YOU! I usually get all blushy when someone hits on me and I don't know what to do with myself. I'll stare at my toes and look around to see who he's really talking about, haha. But anyways if its all in good fun I think its great.

Hehehe Cute! ^_^

Aug 14 05 09:42 am Link

Photographer

Justin N Lane

Brooklyn, New York, US

Belair wrote:

ummm.  sure...  you should try it at the DMV, works friggin wonders! wink

I think you need to realize that flirting is just a little more than being friendly, but way short of hitting on someone- call it witty banter and lighten up.  You can be both flirty and respectful.

Aug 14 05 09:50 am Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

Just like I was called a "cereal pain in the ass?"

I'm usually like that over a steak dinner.

Aug 14 05 09:52 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Hel Inferna wrote:
You kind of have to hit me over the head and scream I THINK YOU'RE REALLY CUTE! I'M FLIRTING WITH YOU!

I THINK YOU'RE REALLY CUTE! I'M FLIRTING WITH YOU!

(P.S. Starting this thread was actually inspired by some correspondance I was having with Hel. I've been in lust with her for years. She scares the hell out of me. But she's really amazing.)

Aug 14 05 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

John FuentesPhotography

Corona, California, US

Justin N Lane wrote:

ummm.  sure...  you should try it at the DMV, works friggin wonders! wink

I think you need to realize that flirting is just a little more than being friendly, but way short of hitting on someone- call it witty banter and lighten up.  You can be both flirty and respectful.

Flirty and Respectful... Totally agree...plus it is healthy! Studies have shown that Flirtation is a great form of healling!  I also flirt a tiny bit to break the unwanted silence! Once again, Flirting is healthy and we all want good health!

Aug 14 05 03:37 pm Link