Forums > General Industry > This Guy...!

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/avptazzy/DSC_9781.jpg

The other day at the Guiliani press conference there was this photographer (above), who was getting on my last nerve. There were more than a few times when he almost got my heel poked up his ass for blocking me. The congressman's people asked him quite a few times to let me through because the congressman wanted me to get specific shots. This guy just did not care. I don't know who he was there for -- maybe The Detroit News.

As soon as he'd get his chance, he'd be pushing me out of the way again. I was the only female photographer, so the other male photogs were easy to deal with. I didn't have to get aggressive with them, I just batted my eyes like a lady and they kindly stepped aside (Behold the power of a woman!). But that guy... nope, didn't work with him. I had to get a bit pushy and stand my ground with him. I gotta' give him credit, though. He was on a mission and there was no stopping him. Lol...

But, he did ruin what could've been a great shot on a few of them... I'm noticing as I'm sitting here going through them. Grrrrrr...! Annoyed, yes...

The point of this thread..? I dunno'. I just needed to take a break, vent, bitch a little. And nobody's here to listen to me bitch. So....

Oct 06 06 01:12 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

I'm listening!

Oct 06 06 01:13 pm Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

Simple.  Carry Deer urine in a squirt gun.

Oct 06 06 01:14 pm Link

Photographer

eg

Miami Beach, Florida, US

I just love that pic...i mean it described by itself what "kind" of photographer he is. This image speaks by itself, good job girl!!

Oct 06 06 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Vegas Alien wrote:

LMAO!!!

Good idea!

Oct 06 06 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

reminds me of a guy here (frisco) who shoots for the niner's, thought it was him at first, same pushy thing going on -looks a little like him, had a boss that warned me not to let the guy move me away from any shot he (my boss) might want

but the guy in frisco shoots pro football, since detroit doesn't have a pro football team i can't imagine him working out your way

Oct 06 06 01:17 pm Link

Photographer

Adrenalin Concepts

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Want me sick a rabid Canadian beaver after him to chew off his wooden leg?

Oct 06 06 01:19 pm Link

Photographer

MWPortraits

Kansas City, Missouri, US

God, did he bring enough shit with him??

Oct 06 06 01:21 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

MEWanoDesigns wrote:
God, did he bring enough shit with him??

LOL...

He was loaded. I shit you not.. I think he had five cameras on him.

Oct 06 06 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

lotusphoto wrote:
reminds me of a guy here (frisco) who shoots for the niner's, thought it was him at first, same pushy thing going on -looks a little like him, had a boss that warned me not to let the guy move me away from any shot he (my boss) might want

but the guy in frisco shoots pro football, since detroit doesn't have a pro football team i can't imagine him working out your way

The Lions... Pro? LMAO!

Oct 06 06 01:30 pm Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

Wear metal caps over your elbows inside your sleeves. When he gets behind ya take out his lenses. "Oh, I'm sorry,sir...I didn't realize you were there..." Corners for sound reinforcement cabinets work well for this.  I'm guessing.

I'm a real bastard when you need me to be.

Oct 06 06 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

giovanni gruttola

Middle Island, New York, US

I don't know if this was your first press conference but this really isn't out of the norm... my job is to get the shot for my company and sometimes it means stepping on toes. It doesn’t always happen but I'm sure it wasn't directed at you. When I was shooting PC's it was all about the shot, don't take it too personally (or he was just an old school asshole sexist who wanted to make your job miserable... who knows smile

Oct 06 06 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

A vial of fire ants to dump into his pants.

Metal spiked heels to dig into his feet.

Scream, "Rape!" and tell security he grabbed your ass.

If you ever need me to come with you on a shoot or host an event for you, just let me know. smile

Oct 06 06 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Im'age NY (INY) wrote:
I don't know if this was your first press conference but this really isn't out of the norm... my job is to get the shot for my company and sometimes it means stepping on toes. It doesn’t always happen but I'm sure it wasn't directed at you. When I was shooting PC's it was all about the shot, don't take it too personally (or he was just an old school asshole sexist who wanted to make your job miserable... who knows smile

Yes, it was my first press conference. And no, I didn't take it personally. Like I said, just REALLY wanted to shove my heel up his ass to get him out of my way. Lol...

Night before, I did a little research, so I was expecting this kinda' thing to happen. Just really sucks when you see a shot that coulda' been, but wasn't. Ya' know... wink

Oct 06 06 01:41 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Plant your feet apart, keep your knees bent froward and your butt to the rear of your weight. If anyone shoves you drop your weight down twards a squat and shoulders hunched elbows out.

After they fail straighten back up again and get the shot.

Keep feet planted at all times.

I used to go to a lot of general admission concerts wink

Oct 06 06 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Vegas Alien wrote:

I like that about you. smile

Vegas Alien wrote:
If you ever need me to come with you on a shoot or host an event for you, just let me know. smile

And I will.

Oct 06 06 01:43 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

I like his spectacles on a string.

Oct 06 06 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
Plant your feet apart, keep your knees bent froward and your butt to the rear of your weight. If anyone shoves you drop your weight down twards a squat and shoulders hunched elbows out.

After they fail straighten back up again and get the shot.

Keep feet planted at all times.

I used to go to a lot of general admission concerts wink

Yep... I shoot a lot of concerts too. But I'm usually backstage, on stage, standing off to the side of the stage, or in front of the gates. So, I don't usually have to deal with too much of the crowd.

But, I will keep that in mind for next time.

Oct 06 06 01:47 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Should have seen the looks on the guys faces at NIN at cochella last year. we had our spot early and guys kept showing up and trying to shove me out of my place,

nope not gunna happen sorry sir,

They just figured that the tiny girl would move of they shoved her enough.
they figured wrong.

by dropping your weight is it harder to be shoved out of the way.

Oct 06 06 01:51 pm Link

Photographer

CW Sr

Columbus, Ohio, US

Rossi Photography wrote:

sweetheart, I just love this photograph. It was all worth it for this one shot lol. Well, at least for me of course, because I wasn't there ^.^

Oct 06 06 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
Should have seen the looks on the guys faces at NIN at cochella last year. we had our spot early and guys kept showing up and trying to shove me out of my place,

nope not gunna happen sorry sir,

They just figured that the tiny girl would move of they shoved her enough.
they figured wrong.

by dropping your weight is it harder to be shoved out of the way.

I know, they do think cuz we're women they can shove us out of the way. I was shooting a Silvertide concert and these guys started pushing me out their way, getting all nasty with me. I let 'em have it, got right up in their faces and started shoving back. They backed off. Then later, when they saw I was with WRIF (biggest rock station in Detroit) and had access to backstage, they were soooo apologetic, kissing my ass, asking me if I could take them back. Ha! I laughed and walked away. Fuckers! Lol...

Oct 06 06 01:59 pm Link

Photographer

John Van

Vienna, Wien, Austria

You were wearing heels to cover a press conference? If he was the only guy bothering you, you were lucky. Next time wear combat boots and hope you're as lucky as you were this time.

Oct 06 06 02:04 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

JvR wrote:
You were wearing heels to cover a press conference? If he was the only guy bothering you, you were lucky. Next time wear combat boots and hope you're as lucky as you were this time.

That's no big deal. I can run laps in heels! Lol...

Oct 06 06 02:06 pm Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

Rossi Photography wrote:
I know, they do think cuz we're women they can shove us out of the way. I was shooting a Silvertide concert and these guys started pushing me out their way, getting all nasty with me. I let 'em have it, got right up in their faces and started shoving back. They backed off. Then later, when they saw I was with WRIF (biggest rock station in Detroit) and had access to backstage, they were soooo apologetic, kissing my ass, asking me if I could take them back. Ha! I laughed and walked away. Fuckers! Lol...

I think I'm getting turned on.  You know...I'm not just limited to dating models...wink

Oct 06 06 02:09 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

*can skip backwards drunk in a pair of 4 inch stilletto heals*

Oct 06 06 02:11 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Fox

East Oakdale, California, US

Rossi Photography wrote:
As soon as he'd get his chance, he'd be pushing me out of the way again.

Sounds Like you were shooting a Hocky game not a press Con.

Oct 06 06 02:12 pm Link

Photographer

Harley Chow

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

These events always have someone like that.

What you have to do is shoot over his shoulder, then when you pan, hit him in the head with your 300mm lens smile

At a fashion show, I've done that ... accidently. :p

H

Oct 06 06 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

Put creatures into his body. Remember Star Trek II? Put a parasitic earwig into his ear. I promise to post these as I think of them.

Oct 06 06 02:20 pm Link

Photographer

hallopino

Palatine, Illinois, US

I'll give him props for not treating you different cause you are a woman.

Equal Opportunity Jerk

Oct 06 06 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

Rossi Photography wrote:
The other day at the Guiliani press conference there was this photographer (above), who was getting on my last nerve. There were more than a few times when he almost got my heel poked up his ass for blocking me. The congressman's people asked him quite a few times to let me through because the congressman wanted me to get specific shots. This guy just did not care. I don't know who he was there for -- maybe The Detroit News.

As soon as he'd get his chance, he'd be pushing me out of the way again. I was the only female photographer, so the other male photogs were easy to deal with. I didn't have to get aggressive with them, I just batted my eyes like a lady and they kindly stepped aside (Behold the power of a woman!). But that guy... nope, didn't work with him. I had to get a bit pushy and stand my ground with him. I gotta' give him credit, though. He was on a mission and there was no stopping him. Lol...

But, he did ruin what could've been a great shot on a few of them... I'm noticing as I'm sitting here going through them. Grrrrrr...! Annoyed, yes...

The point of this thread..? I dunno'. I just needed to take a break, vent, bitch a little. And nobody's here to listen to me bitch. So....

Somewhere this guy is bitching to one of his friends:

"Jeez, I was shooting this press conference the other day and this princess who thought all she had to do was bat her damn eyelashes and the guys would just move was ruining all my shots!  Now my editor's up my ass and..."

Oct 06 06 02:30 pm Link

Photographer

byReno

Arlington Heights, Illinois, US

Vegas Alien wrote:

Remind me not to piss you off.

Oct 06 06 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

giovanni gruttola

Middle Island, New York, US

Rossi Photography wrote:

Wait a minute… I just realized who this guy is!!!

its Detective Nick Yemana from Barney Miller!!!

https://epguides.com/BarneyMiller/cast.jpg

Oct 06 06 02:38 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Vegas Alien wrote:

I think I'm getting turned on.  You know...I'm not just limited to dating models...wink

wink

Oct 06 06 02:50 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Jay Bowman wrote:
damn eyelashes and the guys would just move

Hey... it worked. wink

Oct 06 06 02:52 pm Link

Photographer

CW Sr

Columbus, Ohio, US

Im'age NY (INY) wrote:

hahahahahahahaha!

Oct 06 06 02:55 pm Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Vegas Alien wrote:
Wear metal caps over your elbows inside your sleeves. When he gets behind ya take out his lenses. "Oh, I'm sorry,sir...I didn't realize you were there..." Corners for sound reinforcement cabinets work well for this.  I'm guessing.

Screw that, use the metal caps but plant your elbow firmly into his temple.  Accidentally of course, but as hard as you can and put your weight behind it.  Do it right and you'll have several minutes of peace.  Everybody wants peace!  Give peace a chance!

Oct 06 06 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Harley Chow wrote:
These events always have someone like that.

What you have to do is shoot over his shoulder, then when you pan, hit him in the head with your 300mm lens smile

At a fashion show, I've done that ... accidently. :p

H

See... that's where the heels come in handy! I'm only 5'6 having these guys towering over me. The heels give me a 3 1/2 inch boost. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to see over their shoulder. wink

Oct 06 06 03:07 pm Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

Im'age NY (INY) wrote:

If the quality of his photography is half as bad as his coffee, he deserves his ass kicked.

Oct 06 06 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
*can skip backwards drunk in a pair of 4 inch stilletto heals*

I gotta get a picture of that.

Oct 06 06 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

Steven D Murphy

Hamilton, Alabama, US

]