Forums > General Industry > just to end some speculation

Model

Null0000000

Abbeville, Alabama, US

oh please people. this is  MODEL mayhem.  MODEL.  does anyone know what MODELS look like?  i would say for a successful model, she is perfect for her body.  in fact, a BMI of 18 is the new cutoff for that spain incident.  most of the models were less than that!  this isn't a damn counseling site, if any of you were serious you wouldn't care about her personal issues or BMI, you would want models that look like MODELS.  a "healthy average" looking girl would never get picked for top agencies, they don't give a shit about your health.  "starve, snort or puke i dont' care what you do just lose that weight!"  that is the attitude of the REAL industry.  if any of you were real serious fashion photographers and models you would understand that what she looks like is wanted, and the complete norm.  and at a BMI of 18, in the industry she would be considered MORE healthy looking than most of the top models.

Sep 25 06 12:00 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Sep 25 06 12:02 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

I'm 5'5" 95lbs soaking wet with two rolls of quarters in my pockets.

we all have diffrent shapes and as for modeling I have no trpuble finding paid work.

Sep 25 06 07:51 pm Link

Model

Rachel Dashae

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

There are other girls here who have had to hear "shit" from other people about thier weight.

Don't let it get to you,people are silly and like to point out the obviously. Yes,your weight is not normal. But all those runway models' weights aren't normal either. And nobody here tends to "pick" on that.

You have to just let it slide,and not get to you. Really. I'm sure you've heard it in the past,but in this buisness you can't let what people say about you get to you.

P.S- I think you're a pretty girl with potential. So screw them. :]

Sep 25 06 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

J Schumacher

Gustine, California, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
I'm 5'5" 95lbs soaking wet with two rolls of quarters in my pockets.

we all have diffrent shapes and as for modeling I have no trpuble finding paid work.

You have 2 rolls of quarters?

Dammit.

The models have all the money.

Kick some down to the photographers.

Edit: O wait, I forgot, you are a photographer ..... so... when you change identities, who gets to keep the quarters?

Sep 25 06 08:25 pm Link