Forums > General Industry > just to end some speculation

Model

Caitie Lee

Long Island, Kansas, US

https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=77679

I just noticed this thread up, and I'm a little hurt.  There's just a few things though I'd like to clear up...

First of all, I realize on average my weight is very low for my height, but I have always been tiny, it's just the way my body is, I'm not starving, or vommitting, or anything of the likes
also, nooo im not lying about how much i weigh because it think i will get better work for it or whatever, if anything i should lie about weighing more to avoid this kind of speculation... i have heard before i should try to gain weight, but i visit my doctor on a regular basis, and i am healthy and happy, so thanks for your concern but i'm fine, and working on putting on a few lbs, which is damn near impossible for me

you can look at these pics for yourself, and realize i have always been overall smaller than most people in comparison, and also you can see that my mom, in the second pic, is tiny as well
https://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/Nicholee29/benihana.jpg
https://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/Nicholee29/Collage%20Files/100_1147.jpg
https://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/Nicholee29/51658.jpg
https://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/Nicholee29/jarednme.jpg

Sep 23 06 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

John Hough

West Hollywood, California, US

If the stats on your page are correct, 5'4" and the weight is 84 pounds, that is not normal. I would say for that height, the weight should be at least 100 pounds.

Sep 23 06 01:33 pm Link

Model

Caitie Lee

Long Island, Kansas, US

i know it's not "normal", but it's how I am, healthy, happy, and fully functioning as a human being.  I don't look like the next nicole richie by any stretch, the weight fits my frame

Sep 23 06 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

Come to south jersey...i'll shoot with you    smile

Sep 23 06 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

mad city fine arts

Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin, US

A "normal weight for a person that is 5'4" would be 105. That would factor to a BMI of 18.  84 pounds is a bmi of 14.5  That is underweight, but not dangerously

Sep 23 06 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

Frank McAdam

New York, New York, US

I think you have a right to feel hurt.  It's very insensitive of others to criticize if you're naturally petite.  What's wrong with that.  And who are they to determine what's normal and what's not?  If you're happy with your look and in good health, then that's all that matters.  If someone else doesn't like it, just tell them where to go.

Sep 23 06 01:39 pm Link

Model

LORA

Washington, District of Columbia, US

John Hough Photographer wrote:
If the stats on your page are correct, 5'4" and the weight is 84 pounds, that is not normal. I would say for that height, the weight should be at least 100 pounds.

Give me a break. How many people are REALLY in the weight bracket they are "supposed" to be in? It took me 30 years to start gaining weight and looking "healthier" despite a healthy appetite and having two children.

Sep 23 06 01:40 pm Link

Model

Caitie Lee

Long Island, Kansas, US

thanks guys, atleast some people believe me i'm not some anorexic attention whore....  to be honest i would kill to have curves, a booty, some boobs! ha, but it's just not in my genes... my hips are a whopping 30 inches, it's my BONE StRUCtuRE!

Sep 23 06 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

You're beautiful! smile

Sep 23 06 01:42 pm Link

Model

Model THUG

Leon Valley, Texas, US

I wish I could gain some more weight. I want to bulk up for the THUGATHON.

Sep 23 06 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

Benjamen McGuire

Portland, Oregon, US

Some girls are just tiny. Don't try too hard to gain weight unless your doc says to, and don't go outside alone durring a wind storm.

:p

Sep 23 06 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

You're very beautiful. Who cares what someone else thinks or says? If you have an eating problem, it's something you need to take care of and may need help with. But if you don't, then you know you don't so never mind what people say. They're always gonna talk anyway, due to a lack of something better to do.

You seem to be a healthy, vibrant girl. If you lived closer, I'd be setting up a shoot with you even though I typically only shoot girls 5'7" and up (fashion stuff).

Sep 23 06 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

OMG, girl... I saw that thread the other night and felt so bad for whoever it was about. To be pointed out the way you were...

I can so relate to how you feel. I get the same bullshit. I'm 5'6, weight bouncing from 95 to 100 lbs. I'm very tiny and get all the 'You're so skinny... Don't you eat... are you anorexic, belemic, blah, blah, blah..' bullshit. It's fuckin' annoying! And like you, it's just how I am. Always have been and probably will always be. I try to gain, but it doesn't happen.

We're just little. Simple as that. smile

Sep 23 06 01:50 pm Link

Model

Caitie Lee

Long Island, Kansas, US

Rossi Photography wrote:
I can so relate to how you feel. I get the same bullshit. I'm 5'6, weight bouncing from 95 to 100 lbs. I'm very tiny and get all the 'You're so skinny... Don't you eat... are you anorexic, blah, blah, blah..' bullshit. It's fuckin' annoying!

isn't it the best when people start trying to feed you like your some dying ethiopian child?

Sep 23 06 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I agree completely!

Just keep doing your thing!

Be yourself!

Sep 23 06 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Caitie Lee wrote:

isn't it the best when people start trying to feed you like your some dying ethiopian child?

I know... "Here, eat...eat something!". *shakes head*

Sep 23 06 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

Opus Lily

New York, New York, US

You don't have to explain yourself to people. I think it's very insensitive of people to criticize someone thin for being naturally thin. Had people criticized someone who was overweight, the politically correct would've whined about how insensitive it was to make fun of overweight people. I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record but I'm 5'11" 120lbs. and eat like a pig. My other friends who also model are about the same height/weight proportions and they also all eat like pigs. Some just have fast metabolism. My sister who has also started modeling recently is 6'1" 120lbs. and I can't get her to stop stuffing her face with junk food. Yes, we Russians are amazon women. lol.

Sep 23 06 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

J Bennett Photography

Paramus, New Jersey, US

Shes a small frame woman, perhaps you guys have never seen a real aneroxic woaman.
I have and from what i see, she looks fine. 
Some people are just heavier that others with the same hight. 
Screw the statictics, & you BMI scales,  I thinks she Looks healthy and has great potential as a model.

Sep 23 06 01:57 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

LiliOPhoto wrote:
You don't have to explain yourself to people. I think it's very insensitive of people to criticize someone thin for being naturally thin. Had people criticized someone who was overweight, the politically correct would've whined about how insensitive it was to make fun of overweight people. I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record but I'm 5'11" 120lbs. and eat like a pig. My other friends who also model are about the same height/weight proportions and they also all eat like pigs. Some just have fast metabolism. My sister who has also started modeling recently is 6'1" 120lbs. and I can't get her to stop stuffing her face with junk food. Yes, we Russians are amazon women. lol.

Isn't that crazy how we can eat and eat and eat and never gain a pound! For as much as I eat and sit on my ass, I should be over weight, not under weight. Lol...

Sep 23 06 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

Opus Lily

New York, New York, US

Rossi Photography wrote:
I'm very tiny and get all the 'You're so skinny... Don't you eat... are you anorexic, belemic, blah, blah, blah..' bullshit. It's fuckin' annoying! And like you, it's just how I am. Always have been and probably will always be. I try to gain, but it doesn't happen.

I wonder how they'd feel if you turned around and said 'you're fat, why do stuff your face so much, do you lack self-control?' Well, it's the same thing. In this society it's poliically correct to bring the weight issue up with people on the very thin side but it's looked at in bad taste if you bring the weight issue up with overweight people.

Sep 23 06 01:59 pm Link

Model

Caitie Lee

Long Island, Kansas, US

Rossi Photography wrote:
Isn't that crazy how we can eat and eat and eat and never gain a pound! For as much as I eat and sit on my ass, I should be over weight, not under weight. Lol...

lol i should be morbidly obese!  even i don't know where it all goes, lol

Sep 23 06 02:01 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

LiliOPhoto wrote:

I wonder how they'd feel if you turned around and said 'you're fat, why do stuff your face so much, do you lack self-control?' Well, it's the same thing. In this society it's poliically correct to bring the weight issue up with people on the very thin side but it's looked at in bad taste if you bring the weight issue up with overweight people.

Yep... Exactly! It's rude, inappropriate to point it out in those over-weight, but okay to pick at us. I can't count the number of times I've said that to people.

Sep 23 06 02:03 pm Link

Photographer

Opus Lily

New York, New York, US

Rossi Photography wrote:

I bet the both of us here could eat more food than most. The common misconception is that models starve themselves keep their weight low. Some may or may not do that, but most I've seen eat and are healthy. They have a fast metabolism. Even at 5'11" 120 lbs. I don't look that skinny. I look like Nico in photographs. She was thin but not too thin.

Sep 23 06 02:05 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Caitie Lee wrote:

lol i should be morbidly obese!  even i don't know where it all goes, lol

Lol... Yep. I eat so much junk. Chips, pop (constantly), candy, fast food, etc.. and all the hours I'm sitting on the computer... I should weigh so much more than I do.

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I'd definitely shoot you. That thread was pretty dumb, really.

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I can understand the concern.. this industry is very rough on some girls. But I do think you look healthy. And I don't see why everyone keeps quoting the body/weight charts.. I thought it was widely known that those aren't very accurate!

Sep 23 06 02:06 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

LiliOPhoto wrote:

I bet the both of us hear could eat more food than most. The common misconception is that models starve themselves keep their weight low. Some may or may not do that, but most I've seen eat and are healthy. They have a fast metabolism. Even at 5'11" 120 lbs. I don't look that skinny. I look like Nico in photographs. She was thin but not too thin.

You're probably right. I bet we could! Lol...

Nico... GORGEOUS!!!

Sep 23 06 02:08 pm Link

Model

Caitie Lee

Long Island, Kansas, US

e-string wrote:
I can understand the concern.. this industry is very rough on some girls. But I do think you look healthy. And I don't see why everyone keeps quoting the body/weight charts.. I thought it was widely known that those aren't very accurate!

lol, last time i checked modeling wasn't for average everyday people (i'm not suggesting that i'm anywhere near the professional status of a model, HELLo have you seen my stupid self-portraits, haha), anyway, lets all go to BK and photograph the average cow eating her big mac... oh i'm sorry, that was rude and insensitive, i'm open for bashing now

Sep 23 06 02:09 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Caitie Lee wrote:

lol, last time i checked modeling wasn't for average everyday people (i'm not suggesting that i'm anywhere near the professional status of a model, HELLo have you seen my stupid self-portraits, haha), anyway, lets all go to BK and photograph the average cow eating her big mac... oh i'm sorry, that was rude and insensitive, i'm open for bashing now

EXCUSE ME, but it was WENDYS and i was eating the CHICKEN STRIPS. Get it right.

Sep 23 06 02:11 pm Link

Model

Caitie Lee

Long Island, Kansas, US

Electra T wrote:
EXCUSE ME, but it was WENDYS and i was eating the CHICKEN STRIPS. Get it right.

lol, electra you are drop dead gorgeous and far from average, and btw wendy's has kick ass chicken strips, but i will always love their jr bacon cheeseburgers :-), didn't mean to offend you and sorry if i did, i was just joking, lol

Sep 23 06 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

TBJ Imaging

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US

I think the OP looks amazing. She looks healthy and beautiful. If she is 5'4 and 85lbs who cares...........she was built the way she was built. If she was starving herself and looked sick I could understand people being concerned....but like I said before....she looks amazing. Just my 2 cents
Thomas

Sep 23 06 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

J Schumacher

Gustine, California, US

Without even reading all the other posts, I bet they say the same thing as I do- you look fine, actually, beautiful, and I'd gladly shoot you.

So there.

Sep 23 06 02:20 pm Link

Model

Chaya Phally

New York, New York, US

Ignore them.

You look fine.

I have a sweet friend. She's 5'7" and weighs only 97lbs. She looks healthy.

There are always some people who judge...

tongue

Sep 23 06 02:24 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Caitie Lee wrote:

lol, electra you are drop dead gorgeous and far from average, and btw wendy's has kick ass chicken strips, but i will always love their jr bacon cheeseburgers :-), didn't mean to offend you and sorry if i did, i was just joking, lol

No worries, i think you look great. It's just we're so used to seeing fat people around we think a healthy person is someone with only one fat roll. haha

Sep 23 06 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

Lets get a "shoot" party going.....Caite needs pics...lets all line up and shoot her! smile

I'm 1st, I got a Canon...LOL

Sep 23 06 02:27 pm Link

Model

Caitie Lee

Long Island, Kansas, US

FosbreStudios wrote:
Lets get a "shoot" party going.....Caite needs pics...lets all line up and shoot her! smile

I'm 1st, I got a Canon...LOL

YaY lol, :: will work for food ::

Sep 23 06 02:29 pm Link

Photographer

Opus Lily

New York, New York, US

Caitie Lee wrote:

That's just the reality of modeling. It's actually even more cruel than that. You can still be tall, have long arms and long legs but still never make it far because your facial bone structure may not be to some people's taste. It's a shallow industry and the fashion industry flaunts it in your face and doesn't care what people think.

Sep 23 06 02:30 pm Link

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

Caitie Lee wrote:

YaY lol, :: will work for food ::

We'll do pizza afterwards smile

Sep 23 06 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

InnerGlow Studios

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Caitie Lee wrote:

Electra T's stats list her as 6'0" and 10 lbs., but it looks like to me that she's got to be at least 30 - 35 lbs. :-)

Sep 23 06 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

Cspine wrote:
Some girls are just tiny. Don't try too hard to gain weight unless your doc says to, and don't go outside alone durring a wind storm.

:p

Exactly.  Some of the people do not understand what a mean is or the implications of it. A mean weight is the average weight. Lots of weights go into calculating an average. All these weights are referred to as a distribution of weights. So lots of people's weights will be above the mean and others below the mean.  Some of the people with weights below the mean will have low weights because they have taken unhealthy routes to that goal. But many are there simply because they are just tiny (as you said).  It's just how biological characteristics are distributed. So if the OP is just tiny, which she says she is, then everyone needs to stop giving her advice about how to correct her weight! There's nothing to correct.

Sep 23 06 02:37 pm Link