Forums > General Industry > warning::: pervert out there

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Sacramento, California, US

Color of Fashion wrote:
You tell me,  you have many more posts than I so you are considered a genious by some here.

What's a genious?

Sep 21 06 11:33 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Color of Fashion wrote:

You tell me,  you have many more posts than I so you are considered a genious by some here.

I seriously doubt anyone considers me a genious.

Sep 21 06 11:34 pm Link

Photographer

RichMiamiPhoto

Miami, Florida, US

Color of Fashion wrote:

Okay, I tried to ignore it (several times), but I keep being drawn back into it...

genius

GENIUS

G-E-N-I-U-S

All together now, "genius, genius, genius!"

Stay chilled...

P.S. Leonard and KM, I know you already know, but I just couldn't stand to see it one more time.

Sep 22 06 09:50 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

RichMiamiPhoto wrote:

Okay, I tried to ignore it (several times), but I keep being drawn back into it...

genius

GENIUS

G-E-N-I-U-S

All together now, "genius, genius, genius!"

Stay chilled...

P.S. Leonard and KM, I know you already know, but I just couldn't stand to see it one more time.

Some things are too precious to just see once. wink

Sep 22 06 09:53 am Link

Model

Who Is Tonie

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Wynd Mulysa wrote:
This is an entirely different subject that has been adressed many times in other threads.
I happen to think that cell phone photos are okay, because a model needs to start somewhere.  Photographers will see the cell phone photos and decide whether or not that model has potential.

First, I'm thanking SAVIE for the warning. Second, I agree with Wynd Mulysa that the models have to start somewhere, but I just don't understand why they should demand pay if all they have is a portfolio full of cell phone pics and those "I've taken these at home" photos!

Sep 22 06 11:27 am Link

Model

Angel Babe

Bristol, Rhode Island, US

Savie wrote:
hello.

today some man added me on yahoo messenger. he claimed he had seen my page on here, and wanted to see 'more' of me. I told him that if he signed up on here, as a professional should, I  would talk to him further. He went on to go psychotic on me, harrassing me, calling me a bitch and all that great stuff. He also went very racist.

I just wanted to warn all the ladies out there that if

[email protected] trys to add you on yahoo, HE ISNT A REAL PROFESSIONAL, HE IS A PERVERT! PLEASE DO NOT ADD THIS MAN!!!

It is very important as models we are careful with people who claim to 'dig our style' or 'be professionals'...

Have a great day:) Thanks for reading the post. Keep it safe..

SAVIE

Thanks for the warning, unfortunately there's perverts everywhere lol

And like a lot of others have mentioned do not give your personal messenger Identities out on a public forum.

I had a similar problem on a couple occasions. Only thing I never gave them my IM s/n (A couple photographers had got it and IMed me from my e-mail address) Now they were first wanting to talk about the shoot. and I was cool with that... then it was like the more I talked to them the more I realized they weren't photographers for their love of taking photos. I think some use it as a tool to meet models.

One of the photographers (A phot. from MA) offered me paid work (A very generous amount, and I was supposed to shoot abt 5-6 hours) But after talking to him, it was like he was looking for a date more so then a model. (He kept saying I was his type of girl, wanting to come down and visit, asking if I was single and such) And he told me some other freaky stories/dreams which freaked me out and figured the money wasn't worth the risk. (Meeting/shooting with a new photographer alone in his house for the 1st time all those hours lol)

The 2nd photographer was an amateur and I was supposed to do my first TFP shoot with him. That was until he kept sending me weird IM messages Talking about the hot models he had shot and saying he'd go on cam with some of them and made it sound so natural. He also sent me nude pics of himself (Which I never requested BTW) Both listed themselves as Photographers and contacted me through OMP.

But all is not lost! ...I got to do some other shoots with professionals that did exceptional work and learned a lot from them with the very few first shoots I did. But after that I decided it was best if I just did TFP with professional photographers (I find it's safer, if you have references from people that have worked with them.) And any true professional photographer that is good at what they do isn't interested in the model. Only capturing a good image.

Sep 22 06 11:49 am Link

Photographer

RichMiamiPhoto

Miami, Florida, US

KM von Seidl wrote:
Some things are too precious to just see once. wink

Ahhhh, now I understand...

Sep 23 06 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Maxwell

Somerville, Massachusetts, US

Vegas Alien wrote:
Umm...it's not the best thing to post your MSN, AIM or Yahoo IDs on a public site.  What do you expect to happen?  Why not post your phone number and see if anyone calls you.

And women in short skirts deserve to get raped

Sep 24 06 03:00 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

Maxwell Digital Art wrote:
And women in short skirts deserve to get raped

I hope you were being sarcastic.

Sep 24 06 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Maxwell

Somerville, Massachusetts, US

I hoped it would be obvious.

I just dont see the point in explaining to a girl that she was harrassed by a guy who called her racial names asked to see her naked, that it was her fault because she trusted people.

Sep 24 06 03:30 pm Link