Forums > General Industry > Attn Models: How To Not Get Hired

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

Came across this in a model's profile today - sure makes me want to work with her!

to the photographers: please don't ask me personal questions. i've done modeling for awhile and as a model, i don't give out personal information and don't ask me for sex. i've done photography with several photographers and all of them have been professional and have never even dared to ask me that. if u do i will cuss u out guaranteed.

Now why would even put that in your profile? If no one has ever asked you that, why even bring it up? Is this the "I am so hot and you must want to fuck me" syndrome?

This is a perfect way to not get a job.

Aug 30 06 09:59 pm Link

Model

Mianna

Montreal, Wisconsin, US

haha that's ridiculous!

Aug 30 06 10:03 pm Link

Photographer

J Schumacher

Gustine, California, US

? If it's never happened before, why does she expect it to happen now?

Aug 30 06 10:05 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Greg Kolack wrote:
Now why would even put that in your profile? If no one has ever asked you that, why even bring it up? Is this the "I am so hot and you must want to fuck me" syndrome?

This is a perfect way of not getting fucked either.

/end sarcasm

Aug 30 06 10:05 pm Link

Photographer

Amy J Jones Photography

Fallston, Maryland, US

It's actually funny, in a sad pathetic kind of way.  Those that are that defensive give off a vibe that screams "unpleasant."  I'm with you...life it too short.  There are too many other lovely people out there that don't assume we are all vermin.

Aug 30 06 10:08 pm Link

Photographer

Beatbox Jeebus v2

Palatine, Illinois, US

Envy wrote:

/end sarcasm

Ha... short and to the point I love it.

Aug 30 06 10:08 pm Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

lol
can we photographers put disclaimers like that on our profiles ha ha ha

Don't ask to have sex with us in exchange for pictures and stuff ha ha ha, that probably happens more then photographers asking models to sleep with them.

Aug 30 06 10:09 pm Link

Photographer

J Schumacher

Gustine, California, US

Amy J Jones Photography wrote:
It's actually funny, in a sad pathetic kind of way.  Those that are that defensive give off a vibe that screams "unpleasant."  I'm with you...life it too short.  There are too many other lovely people out there that don't assume we are all vermin.

Well... actually, I AM vermin. But give me a chance to prove it, first.

Aug 30 06 10:10 pm Link

Photographer

William Herbert

Bryan, Ohio, US

Greg Kolack wrote:
Came across this in a model's profile today - sure makes me want to work with her!

to the photographers: please don't ask me personal questions. i've done modeling for awhile and as a model, i don't give out personal information and don't ask me for sex. i've done photography with several photographers and all of them have been professional and have never even dared to ask me that. if u do i will cuss u out guaranteed.

She must know what is going thru ALL the photographers minds .....so don't dare speak it. lol

Aug 30 06 10:10 pm Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Greg Kolack wrote:
"i've done modeling for awhile and as a model, i don't give out personal information and don't ask me for sex. i've done photography with several photographers and all of them have been professional and have never even dared to ask me that. if u do i will cuss u out guaranteed."

Maybe this is petty (if it is I don't give a shit), but I really prefer to work with people who have at least a rudimentary understanding of the proper use of the english language.  Is just easier to get a job done if it's possible to communicate.

If'n i hAve 2 tyPe lik 'dis den I miyGt fyRE ur azz and go 2 ax sum1 eLse.

Aug 30 06 10:13 pm Link

Photographer

William Herbert

Bryan, Ohio, US

LarryB wrote:

Maybe this is petty (if it is I don't give a shit), but I really prefer to work with people who have at least a rudimentary understanding of the proper use of the english language.  Is just easier to get a job done if it's possible to communicate.

Ifen U type lik' dis peeps mite gits annoyzd en tink  Ura  iediot. Alot ove peeps hear weely kint speel berry welz. I kinda looks ov'r eiot. Eiot weely duz helps whens U kin komunikate yus Idears. I aint's prefect fo' shure. Espezialely whenz da thoughtes flowz out ov mi minde n ontur da pagez.

Aug 30 06 10:25 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

damn envy's google trick isn't working

Aug 30 06 10:28 pm Link

Photographer

Amy J Jones Photography

Fallston, Maryland, US

J Schumacher wrote:

Well... actually, I AM vermin. But give me a chance to prove it, first.

But you are HONEST VERMIN, and that makes you OK in my book. wink

Aug 30 06 10:30 pm Link

Model

Miss Lindsay Sass

Albany, New York, US

Best Thread of the day award!

Aug 30 06 10:33 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

James Jackson wrote:

Oh, go ahead and message me - I'll be happy to give out the info you are looking for! As a professional courtesy, of course!

Aug 31 06 12:06 am Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

James Jackson wrote:

*cough "ur pictures are hott and ur confidence and professionalism is what keeps the modeling industry pumpin" cough*

Aug 31 06 12:47 am Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Envy wrote:

*cough "ur pictures are hott and ur confidence and professionalism is what keeps the modeling industry pumpin" cough*

Wow, cam phone pics AND she only takes paid assignments.  The only thing that makes this sweeter is discovering a sluggo MM member.

I sincerely hope she didn't pay much for those pictures.

Aug 31 06 12:58 am Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

a new term has been spawned gwv, guy who''s vermin?

Aug 31 06 01:03 am Link

Model

Brittney Denea

Oceanside, California, US

Wow.  Did this chick think that writing that would halp her?  I'm sorry, honey, whoever you are, but if you're trying to model you need to be confident, but not like that.  And you need to understand that no matter who you are there is always someone sexier/prettier/more attractive (...etc.) than you, face it.  Besides, photographers are around so many models that you're nothing exciting anymore, they're used to models.  Well, unless they're just pervs.  Don't accuse everybody.  That's just Bull.

Aug 31 06 01:14 am Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

LarryB wrote:

I agree Larry - typing like you are in a teen AOL chat room does not exude professionalism.

Aug 31 06 01:21 am Link

Model

Ellymay

Oak Harbor, Ohio, US

Can we get her name and leave her nice posts? wink

Aug 31 06 01:26 am Link

Makeup Artist

Cassandra-Lorien

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Greg Kolack wrote:

LarryB wrote:

I agree Larry - typing like you are in a teen AOL chat room does not exude professionalism.

Even when i was a teen in an aol chatroom i had the common decency to type out words in their entirety. Hell i even knew the difference between You're and Your.

Aug 31 06 01:26 am Link

Photographer

lightswitch

Sacramento, California, US

the worst part is when you call people out on their spelling/grammar and they start using the old "thank you teacher, but this isn't school" argument.
last time i checked, learning proper english wasn't just for satisfying your teacher. it was so you can communicate with other people and not make them think you're an idiot.

Aug 31 06 01:37 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Smart people learn from their mistakes.

Really smart people learn from others' mistakes.

Aug 31 06 01:50 am Link

Model

Ellymay

Oak Harbor, Ohio, US

Brian Diaz wrote:
Smart people learn from their mistakes.

Really smart people learn from others' mistakes.

lol, I think that definately applies here...

Aug 31 06 01:52 am Link

Photographer

Art Richards Creatives

Bogo, Central Visayas, Philippines

LOL... very funny

Aug 31 06 01:52 am Link

Photographer

RED Photographic

I'm sorry, but I don't get this.

Obviously, I haven't seen the portfolio or the profile, and she probably doesn't come across as an elegant professional catwalk model.  But she sounds feisty and down to earth in a wysiwyg sort of way, and it wouldn't put me off contacting her if I felt she was right for a particular shoot.

Photographers can be too precious, as well...

Aug 31 06 02:09 am Link

Model

Mary Domingo

Los Angeles, California, US

Envy wrote:

/end sarcasm

hahaha... seriously... huh??

Aug 31 06 02:16 am Link

Body Painter

Eric Mayhem

Seattle, Washington, US

Ellymay wrote:
Can we get her name and leave her nice posts? wink

You win the prize, yours is the first constructive comment I've ever seen on MM!

Aug 31 06 02:24 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Greg Kolack wrote:

Because the "photographers" who send her messages have asked her that. She didn't say no one asked her those questions. She said no one she worked with asked her those questions.

Sorry to inject a wee bit o' reading comprehension there.

Aug 31 06 02:32 am Link

Photographer

Aphotic Recess

Walnut Grove, Minnesota, US

hmm well i have something last i checked my profile about not wanting egos either with the people i shoot.
but what would make her state not to ask her for sex? i'm sure it happens that photographers have here and there tried something in the world but if not with her why would she state that?
i certainly don't go to a shoot thinking i'm going to get sex much less even think about trying.
all i can say is good luck to her and if anyone actually approached her on here for it then she should have complained to the powers that be

Aug 31 06 02:32 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

theda wrote:

Awwww...you're no fun.

Aug 31 06 02:36 am Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Envy wrote:

you're so cool. I love your posts.

-D

Aug 31 06 07:34 am Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

Miss Lindsay Sass wrote:
Best Thread of the day award!

Clap Clap Clap... much applause!

Aug 31 06 07:38 am Link

Photographer

Sin City Dreams

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Could I sign her up for all my shoots? 

Damn, I think I'm busy that day!

Aug 31 06 07:41 am Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

Rocky - Arkay Photo wrote:
Could I sign her up for all my shoots? 

Damn, I think I'm busy that day!

And the next day too ?
Wait! Check your calendar you might be busy all week!!!

Aug 31 06 07:52 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I would be very reluctant to photograph her.  With that attitude there could be problems.

Aug 31 06 07:58 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Brittney Denea wrote:
Wow.  Did this chick think that writing that would halp her?  I'm sorry, honey, whoever you are, but if you're trying to model you need to be confident, but not like that.  And you need to understand that no matter who you are there is always someone sexier/prettier/more attractive (...etc.) than you, face it.  Besides, photographers are around so many models that you're nothing exciting anymore, they're used to models.  Well, unless they're just pervs.  Don't accuse everybody.  That's just Bull.

She killed her chances of being photographed by many photographers.

Aug 31 06 08:02 am Link

Photographer

Eric Jackson

Dayton, Ohio, US

She's a legend in her own mind. And she wouldn't curse nobody out to their face, sh'ed do it through a monitor.

Aug 31 06 08:06 am Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

theda wrote:

Because the "photographers" who send her messages have asked her that. She didn't say no one asked her those questions. She said no one she worked with asked her those questions.

Now if this is the case  and it hapens often i suppose it is natural for her to have a bit of an attitude.
But none the less I would take it case by case if it were me and not shove my past "bad experiences" in the way of possible "good experiences" for the future...

Aug 31 06 08:09 am Link