Forums > General Industry > What Goes Around ...

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

Daniela V wrote:

*sigh**throws hands up in air and wonders...why does everyone else assume they read and suggest that I don't?**

I didn't say "I don't have outstanding images", I said "i need outstanding images". There is a difference. I was responding to the notion that I should shoot with a photographer JUST because he is broke and wants to do TFP because I need pictures. My argument is that I don't need pictures, I need outstanding pictures...which goes back to the argument that I don't do TFP unless the photographer is outstanding..which means the photographers I've shot with are outstanding. Transitive property. That doesn't insult any of the photographers I've shot TFP with- I think they are all outstanding- why else would I post their pictures? Why would I say I feel blessed to do TFP with these photographers? Yeah. Real insulting. I sing praises of those I shoot TFP with and I keep going back to them. I have, in no way, insulted those I shoot TFP with. But, you have misinterpreted my words and saw that I'm lacking in the kind department. Whatever. You got it wrong pal. So wrong.

-D

Maybe you keep going back to them cuz you know you're getting free prints over and over and over..... hmmmmmmmm

Go to Wal mart, ask for a  headshot.....tell them to pay you or give it to you free....hmmmmmmmm Oh wait..u wont pay a photographer.

Aug 30 06 03:01 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Shyly wrote:

No, not at all.  Of course, saying something like, "I go to the gym, get facials, etc so that I maintain the right look for my market" isn't nearly as much fun as fat bashing.

*bangs head against keyboard*

I said that. Mentioned facials. Mentioned how I don't like them

But fine. Whatever you say.

-D

Aug 30 06 03:02 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Daniela V wrote:
*bangs head against keyboard*

I said that. Mentioned facials. Mentioned how I don't like them

Yes, and then tacked on all kinds of unnecessary nastiness, including ye olde whale reference.  My point is that it's possible to talk about what you do (and it's a lot, I agree) without derailing the conversation to include nasty little comments like that.  It's pointless, possibly hurtful, and doesn't make your point any clearer.

That's all.  I'm done now.  The original argument may resume.

Aug 30 06 03:06 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Shyly wrote:
Yes, and then tacked on all kinds of unnecessary nastiness, including ye olde whale reference.  My point is that it's possible to talk about what you do (and it's a lot, I agree) without derailing the conversation to include nasty little comments like that.  It's pointless, possibly hurtful, and doesn't make your point any clearer.

That's all.  I'm done now.  The original argument may resume.

Shyly: Point heard and taken. Sorry if I offended- not my intention- just trying to paint a picture.

This argument can also continue without me. I'm done. I've made my point. Anyone that doesn't like it, is free to disagree, but if you don't read what's written (which occurs in almost every thread), you look like a jackass, and I'm not making that my problem anymore- or responding to it.

-D

Aug 30 06 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

Good, good luck in the future......

Aug 30 06 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

Gems of Nature in N Atl

North Atlanta, Georgia, US

you pay
i pay
you work it for free
i work it for free
wtf?

Aug 30 06 03:20 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Daniela V wrote:
Point heard and taken. Sorry if I offended- not my intention- just trying to paint a picture.

Thank you Daniela.  I appreciate your willingness to listen.

Aug 30 06 03:23 pm Link

Photographer

Fantasy On Film

Detroit, Michigan, US

Scott,

You da Man!!

I had a model who has dissed me here on MM and around town, YET she is using one of my images on her portfolio and asked people "if it was portfolio worthy" their replies..so far have been 100% YES!

Now she has listed my name in the credit and my copyright of the image, but NO MM link and she removed the copyright watermark that I put on ALL TEST shoots. I don't think too many people read very well or under what the word "professional" means..now folks don't jump all over my butt, professional to me, just means that you get paid.

This is my testimony to the tfp/tfcd yarn..and whyI DO NOT DO IT..anymore.

Oliver

Aug 30 06 03:36 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

I’m a bit perplexed by the number of people who say “never” in this industry.
“I’ll never pay a model”
“I’ll never pay a photographer”

Each person is able to bring to the table different skills and motivations and what not.

I have worked TFP, I have been paid by photographers, I have paid photographers, I have been paid by clients. & you know what??? Some of them are the same photographers, many of them!

Each job is for each person to decide If a model says she will never pay a photographer that is her decision no matter how immature or mature it may seem to others, Same for photographers.

It is the other party to decide of he/she wants to work with them I don’t think it should be entirely based on who pays for what it should be based on who brings what to the table.

Some people bring cash, some bring talent, some bring drama…

As for only hiring models who pay photographers interesting, just because they haven't paid you in particular because they might not need/want your style in your book right now you won't hire them...

Aug 30 06 04:03 pm Link