Forums > General Industry > Please. . .STOP Faking It

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Jayne Jones wrote:
Now I know what you may be thinking.  "Duh Jayne. . .don't Yahoo w/GWC's"  Well reader. . .according to the MHana guide to GWC threads, they weren't.

Hamza wrote:
Since when did MHana become the GWC expert?  He's just a Stylist!

Yes,  all I know is dirty t-shirts and jokes when I see them,  which is what Jayne Jones was making.

To Jayne,
If you do not like these conversations then stop it at the first sign of it.

Aug 21 06 09:33 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

AndrewG wrote:

Dont date Boys.... date MEN... Men dont stand up a lady..

boys are all that live in this college town!!

Aug 21 06 09:51 pm Link

Model

KrystinG

Edwardsville, Illinois, US

completely agreed

Aug 21 06 09:53 pm Link

Model

KrystinG

Edwardsville, Illinois, US

completely agreed

Aug 21 06 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

Interesting. Rants or no rants. There are some of us out there who are serious about what we do. I'm one of them and expect to be taken serious when I shoot.

One photographer made a point on here but only to a degree. Many of the male photographers are going to be sexually attraccted to you if be attractive or unattractive.

While I do agree, I also agree to a degree. There are many of us male photographers who don't have time for that type of shit. You also have the models who will try to test you out on the sex thing because of their egos and those who are just plain ole paranoid. A African American photographer just gave a recent post on a white female model who just assumed the worst when she found out that he was black after a two week conversation.

Another photographer made a good point to. What do you expect from a internet website? He's correct on that.

What I'm doing on here now is being more selective about who I am going to work with. One reason is because my model will have to fit my projects for school and outside of school. The other reason is to get rid of the b.s. models who constantly fabricate excuses. You can only go so far through life living a lie and playing games.

I've been fortunate to have worked with some very good models on here. It's to bad that ypu have the bad ones on here. But this also applies to photographers, mua and stylist. Yeap, this is the internet, what do you expect? not that it just soley happens on the net.

Aug 21 06 11:21 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

I've never been hit on by a photographer from here, but I have had cases where male models have sent me PM's trying to holla.  Ew.  This has also happened on Model Place.  I don't get it, I guess myspace and match.com aren't working for people so they're letting it spill over. 

On a ranting note:

I hate looking for a job.  That's the main thing I hate about no longer living at home, there isn't any nepotism to keep me employed in this town.  sad

Aug 21 06 11:37 pm Link

Photographer

re- photography

San Francisco, California, US

I have a work telephone line, if email is "a pain", people call me........you want my studio's voice mail or  - gasp - my cell phone # email me about business and you will get it. I'm a professional.....or set up a meeting at my studio or at a public coffee shop or something.......

Ryan Entwistle - Photographer
re: photography

Aug 22 06 12:10 am Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

re- photography wrote:
I have a work telephone line, if email is "a pain", people call me........you want my studio's voice mail or  - gasp - my cell phone # email me about business and you will get it. I'm a professional.....or set up a meeting at my studio or at a public coffee shop or something.......

Ryan Entwistle - Photographer
re: photography

?????

Aug 22 06 09:19 am Link