Forums > General Industry > Please. . .STOP Faking It

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Rant. . .
I'm not that fantastic a model.  I KNOW that!!  I'm learning, growing, perfecting, etc.  So right now is the time where I have to count on the expertise and professionalism of others.  Problem: shortage of professionalism!

Ok, so I'm minding my own business, emailing photographers to try to set up shoots.  We begin to discuss ideas, when. . .the dreaded "do you have Yahoo or MSN" question comes up.  Now, because we've been talking about shooting, I don't mind passing this tidbit of information on.  But damn it all if when we begin to correspond on Yahoo, one of us forgets that we were talking about "working" together (i.e. business)!  I mean did your brain just forget who I was in the instant it took to IM me????  Is Yahoo your method of choice for trolling for ass, so whenever you're on it. . .eveyone is subject to your ineffective attempts to put your game down???

Now the convo has taken a turn for the worst.  Instead of discussing further ideas and rates, at least one of us is talking about sex.  Because I don't want to piss off anyone, I indulge for as long as my mental capacity can tolerate it. . .which averages out to be about two IM's.  I try to steer the conversation back to business, but the only "business" on the other individual's mind evidently is getting a lil somesomethin.  Long distance at that!  Cybersex went out what. . .at least a decade ago??

For the record: I detest being hit on by someone that anticipates me paying them to shoot my picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Unless your penis is a cleverly disguised Polaroid camera. . .I ain't interested in seeing it!

Now I know what you may be thinking.  "Duh Jayne. . .don't Yahoo w/GWC's"  Well reader. . .according to the MHana guide to GWC threads, they weren't.  Not only that, but it doesn't have to be Yahoo.  This has happened on the telephone too.  Started off as an innocent "when would you like to shoot?  what ideas do you have?  well what about ___" convo and then it suddenly takes a dramatic sexcapadic turn for the worst.

So today, Monday Auguts 21st, I have decreed as a 'day of all realities'.  Today, let us all tell each other the truth:
"I just want to jump your bones."
"I think your pictues suck ass."
"I think I'm a child molestor."
"I cry at night."
Whatever the REAL story is. . .let's tell that, if only for today.

/rant

Happy Realities Day MM!!

Aug 21 06 07:46 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

I cry at night. lol, actually only when I've been stood up by a boy but it happens.

Aug 21 06 07:58 am Link

Photographer

Tracy L Province

Omaha, Arkansas, US

Thank you, thank you for posting this...
As a photographer I am sick of model's coming to me, telling me about this GWC or that "photographer" who did crap like this too them..

Aug 21 06 08:00 am Link

Photographer

Tracy L Province

Omaha, Arkansas, US

As a photographer I am sick of models coming to me, telling me about this GWC or that "photographer" who did crap like this too them..

Aug 21 06 08:00 am Link

Photographer

Tracy L Province

Omaha, Arkansas, US

As a photographer I am sick of model coming to me, telling me about this GWC or that "photographer" who did crap like this too them..

Aug 21 06 08:01 am Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Jessalyn_54 wrote:
I cry at night. lol, actually only when I've been stood up by a boy but it happens.

Bryers and Haagen Das (sp?)

Aug 21 06 08:05 am Link

Photographer

Jeanette Thompson

Germantown, Maryland, US

I love you Jayne!  The comment about the penis cam got me laughing.  I really needed that laugh.  Now, let me just say I hear ya.  This is a modeling website, not a dating service.  Just because a girl is a model doesn't mean she's on the prowl.  Dude wants to get laid, go to a bar and pick up a girl there.  Whoever this photographer was, Jayne, I hope you warn other models about that behavior.

Aug 21 06 08:07 am Link

Photographer

gbounds

Laurel, Mississippi, US

MY pictures suck, but I'm working on it! - Truth.

Aug 21 06 08:08 am Link

Photographer

UIPHOTOS

Dayton, Ohio, US

Jayne Jones wrote:
Because I don't want to piss off anyone, I indulge for as long as my mental capacity can tolerate it. . .which averages out to be about two IM's.  I try to steer the conversation back to business

the fact that you INDULGED it at all is the FIRST problem, them trying to get their freak on is an issue, you "allowing it", by your own words, is what fuels them..

I always tell women that they ALL are at the mercy of the weakest woman they know.. If SHE responds to the guy yelling from him car window, he will expect others who look like her to respond as well..

So try not to INDULGE people and hopefully the next girl doesnt have to endure it for even ONE IM..

So your rant should be in a mirror for adding fuel to their fire..

Aug 21 06 08:11 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Jayne Jones wrote:
Bryers and Haagen Das (sp?)

I like Ben and Jerrys!

Aug 21 06 08:14 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Jayne Jones wrote:
For the record: I detest being hit on by someone that anticipates me paying them to shoot my picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Unless your penis is a cleverly disguised Polaroid camera. . .I ain't interested in seeing it!

Polaroid are "instant" Jayne, I am not an instant.
Mine is just camouflaged

Aug 21 06 08:17 am Link

Model

zephyrsister

Converse, Indiana, US

Major red flags!  If they have the nerve to do this before you even meet face to face, do you think they be less ballsy if the shoot actually happens?  Do you want to shoot with someone who had already gotten away with this much?

I've set stuff up on IM.  It's true.  But a rapport can only be built to a certain extent through IMs.  Probably best to pick up the phone.

Aug 21 06 08:19 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

oK...honesty it is....

I'm tired of reading post from women who think just because they have a nice set of tits that everyone wants to have sex with them......because they are all that! Then demanding $300 a day. If that's your criteria just go ahead and become a hooker. At least it's honest.

Aug 21 06 08:22 am Link

Model

shellyradley

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

ignore button usually works..

Aug 21 06 08:25 am Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Jayne Jones wrote:

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
Polaroid are "instant" Jayne, I am not an instant.
Mine is just camouflaged

Uno. . .Pookie. . .if it's camouflaged. . .that means I wouldn't find it.

Aug 21 06 08:29 am Link

Photographer

Charlotte Welsh

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Timeless Productions wrote:

...ditto...(sorry to hear about the "freak" encounter Jayne!)...

Aug 21 06 08:29 am Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Timeless Productions wrote:

Charlotte Welsh wrote:
...ditto...(sorry to hear about the "freak" encounter Jayne!)...

So not an isolated incident. . .but thanks!

Aug 21 06 08:30 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Jayne Jones wrote:

I just picked up a 3MP Penicam from B&H. Whadaya tink?

Aug 21 06 08:40 am Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Jayne Jones wrote:

Bob Randall Photography wrote:
I just picked up a 3MP Penicam from B&H. Whadaya tink?

Sounds small.

Aug 21 06 08:45 am Link

Model

Devonn Duncan

Vander, North Carolina, US

And you know what? It happens to guys also. Now I see alot of port and guys have a bare ass shot or have their dicks in the shots or full on nude. I'm not judging so hey you have to do what works for you but if I don't have a ass, dick, or nude shot then why should I be disrespected (nobody should model, photographer, and MUA). And this is on MM a photographer wants to talk about how he wants to have intercourse with me and he bets I'm good at sex. We have to all stick together maybe we need some kind of association or union.

Aug 21 06 08:47 am Link

Photographer

Mark Key Photography

HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania, US

TRUTH: I hate shaving!

Aug 21 06 08:52 am Link

Photographer

Done and Gone

Chiredzi, Masvingo, Zimbabwe

Having spent a good part of this weekend participating in the forums on MM to see if any good can come of it, I am going to return to the real world and try to get something done. I can always come back and six months from now everything will be pretty much just like it is right now. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Aug 21 06 08:54 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

It must be rough going through life having people hit on you.   It's probably as bad as being a starving child in Somolia.

I've said this before, I'll say it again.  Most male heterosexuals, photographers or not, are attracted to women.  They can even be attracted to unattractive women.  It's how life is continued.  So, either start wearing a burkha all the time, or get used to it.  Learn how to say, "I'm only interested in having a professional relationship with you and if you can't respect that then I'm hanging up."  And hangup the phone or disconnet your IM and that's that.

It's really pretty simple.  And doesn't require drama.

Aug 21 06 09:02 am Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Jayne Jones wrote:
Rant. . .
I'm not that fantastic a model.  I KNOW that!!  I'm learning, growing, perfecting, etc.  So right now is the time where I have to count on the expertise and professionalism of others.  Problem: shortage of professionalism!

Ok, so I'm minding my own business, emailing photographers to try to set up shoots.  We begin to discuss ideas, when. . .the dreaded "do you have Yahoo or MSN" question comes up.  Now, because we've been talking about shooting, I don't mind passing this tidbit of information on.  But damn it all if when we begin to correspond on Yahoo, one of us forgets that we were talking about "working" together (i.e. business)!  I mean did your brain just forget who I was in the instant it took to IM me????  Is Yahoo your method of choice for trolling for ass, so whenever you're on it. . .eveyone is subject to your ineffective attempts to put your game down???

Now the convo has taken a turn for the worst.  Instead of discussing further ideas and rates, at least one of us is talking about sex.  Because I don't want to piss off anyone, I indulge for as long as my mental capacity can tolerate it. . .which averages out to be about two IM's.  I try to steer the conversation back to business, but the only "business" on the other individual's mind evidently is getting a lil somesomethin.  Long distance at that!  Cybersex went out what. . .at least a decade ago??

Now I know what you may be thinking.  "Duh Jayne. . .don't Yahoo w/GWC's"  Well reader. . .according to the MHana guide to GWC threads, they weren't.  Not only that, but it doesn't have to be Yahoo.  This has happened on the telephone too.  Started off as an innocent "when would you like to shoot?  what ideas do you have?  well what about ___" convo and then it suddenly takes a dramatic sexcapadic turn for the worst.

So today, Monday Auguts 21st, I have decreed as a 'day of all realities'.  Today, let us all tell each other the truth:
"I just want to jump your bones."
"I think your pictues suck ass."
"I think I'm a child molestor."
"I cry at night."
Whatever the REAL story is. . .let's tell that, if only for today.

/rant

Happy Realities Day MM!!

That's interesting...I've had this happen when I reply to casting calls on here. I will send a note, indicating my interest, and occasionally I will get "why should I pick you over everyone else?"...to which I'll tell them why I think I'm the best model for the job...and then the response will be "well, I was looking for something more than that, if you know what I mean."

This behavior is disgusting and ridiculous. And yeah, you could just shrug it off with the mindset that some people as disgusting pigs and not very professional...and that this is the internet...but it sucks to have to weed through this crap all the time.

I feel you. I don't hand out my messenger name anymore.
xo
-D

Aug 21 06 09:09 am Link

Photographer

dzone photography

Pleasant Lake, Minnesota, US

my pictures suck, I hate to shave.
Janyne. At the first hint of someone saying the inapproiate thing, you need to step up and tell them you are here to build your book and they are wandering into verboten territory. Don't let it continue to the second IM. Respect yourself.
My pictures suck, so take this with a grain of salt, take down the nude picture. Not because it gives people thoughts about you but because it doesn't do you as a model any good.
I like the last picture a lot. You have a great smile. Find/pay someone that will work to bring out all your good features.

Aug 21 06 09:12 am Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

KM von Seidl wrote:
It must be rough going through life having people hit on you.   It's probably as bad as being a starving child in Somolia.

Wait a minute. Being hit on is fine. But this isn't the place to do it. I don't think she's complaining about guys hitting on her- her gripe is that it's inappropriate here.

-D

Aug 21 06 09:13 am Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

KM von Seidl wrote:

It is when you're trying to use MM as a network for legitimite work, but you're right. . .it's terrible.  Sorry you never go through it.

KM von Seidl wrote:
I've said this before, I'll say it again.  Most male heterosexuals, photographers or not, are attracted to women.  They can even be attracted to unattractive women.  It's how life is continued.  So, either start wearing a burkha all the time, or get used to it.  Learn how to say, "I'm only interested in having a professional relationship with you and if you can't respect that then I'm hanging up."  And hangup the phone or disconnet your IM and that's that.

I know how to say those words, and I have said those words. . .the point which clearly you've missed, is that it KEEPS coming up despite those words being spoken.  You admit to as much yourself.  I'm merely stating is shouldn't have to, particularly from individuals that are members here.  Not being dramatic at all. . .just ranting about the umpteenth time it has happened.  That's why it says I'm ranting about it at the start of the thread.  Thanks for reading that part.

smooches

Aug 21 06 09:15 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Daniela V wrote:

Wait a minute. Being hit on is fine. But this isn't the place to do it. I don't think she's complaining about guys hitting on her- her gripe is that it's inappropriate here.

-D

Do  you honestly not know anyone who is dating someone from work?

If chance meetings with people who come across your path in life aren't how you want to meet people, fine.

But apparently lots of people do hookup via crossed work paths.

Aug 21 06 09:17 am Link

Model

Devonn Duncan

Jayne I'm sorry that you had to go through that and keep dealing with it. I wish I knew what to tell you but things get better but it's pointless going through these circles with this B***h (rhymes with witch) who's bitter and a sad excuse for a woman who wants to be a smart ass when you are just getting things off your chest. So she and her relating it to starving children in Somalia self can go do a couple of things for me that involve her head and an animals rear end. I am sorry to get so mad but I just HATE! people that are so full of themselves when really they don't need to be but I guess some people don't see the real themselves when they pass mirrors but thats her fault. Jayne you and everyone else  on this page have a wonderful day and week.

Aug 21 06 09:23 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

KM von Seidl wrote:

Jayne Jones wrote:
It is when you're trying to use MM as a network for legitimite work, but you're right. . .it's terrible.  Sorry you never go through it.

I hang around a lot of gay guys and I'm nowhere near as alluring as you.  So sadly, no, I've never had anyone make a pass at me. 

KM von Seidl wrote:

Jayne Jones wrote:
I know how to say those words, and I have said those words. . .the point which clearly you've missed, is that it KEEPS coming up despite those words being spoken.  You admit to as much yourself.  I'm merely stating is shouldn't have to, particularly from individuals that are members here.  Not being dramatic at all. . .just ranting about the umpteenth time it has happened.  That's why it says I'm ranting about it at the start of the thread.  Thanks for reading that part.

smooches

A rant is drama.

And some people hookup via work situations.   Maybe you think it shoudn't happen via MM but obviously some folks do and probably have hooked up.  I would imagine there are a few successful happy MM couplings.

And your little smooches touch?  Drama too.

Aug 21 06 09:24 am Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Daniela V wrote:

-D

Close but not quite.  It's more like the "I want to hook up with models, so let me post a casting call." BS that goes on here.  THAT's the crap no one should put up with here. 

The random "hey baby what it do" is expected, but if you're putting out a Casting call. . .if it's for a personal porno, that should be specified in the casting call.

Aug 21 06 09:25 am Link

Photographer

Meehan

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

Rashiid wrote:
Jayne I'm sorry that you had to go through that and keep dealing with it. I wish I knew what to tell you but things get better but it's pointless going through these circles with this B***h (rhymes with witch) who's bitter and a sad excuse for a woman who wants to be a smart ass when you are just getting things off your chest. So she and her relating it to starving children in Somalia self can go do a couple of things for me that involve her head and an animals rear end. I am sorry to get so mad but I just HATE! people that are so full of themselves when really they don't need to be but I guess some people don't see the real themselves when they pass mirrors but thats her fault. Jayne you and everyone else  on this page have a wonderful day and week.

AAAAAHHHHH hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah AHHHHHHHHH hahahahahahahahahahaha.
**rhymes with Gaf.

Aug 21 06 09:27 am Link

Model

Devonn Duncan

KM VON I apologize to you for my previous post/rant I just get worked up and my emotions got the best of me. I don't know Jayne but I feel sorry for her (no offense jayne). It's frustrating cuz I've replied to a casting and messaged (through MM) a photographer because I need to build a good port but anyway he talked dirty it'd make half if not all the people on this page blush and feel dirty and tried to find out my address talking about he couldn't wait to (I'll leave that part out). The point is KM just try and imagine how the person feels and try to be understanding because to me you are coming off as cold and bitter toward Jayne.

Aug 21 06 09:31 am Link

Photographer

Brian Stewart Photo

Houston, Texas, US

I think you should shoot with the guy, just bring some 300lbs dude with you and see how much he wants to talk dirty then.

Aug 21 06 09:34 am Link

Model

NoLOngerHeree

New York, New York, US

hahhaa. . .this is cute. I think its funny how Jayne posts up her own personal rant, while asking others to do the same but instead people give her random advice that  is completely unrelevant! For the photog who just posted im tired of girls who post threads like this becausre they think theyre all that and want photogs to pay them read her thread again! ok well that was my 2 cents so off to class i go ; )

Aug 21 06 09:38 am Link

Model

NoLOngerHeree

New York, New York, US

Daniela V wrote:

-D

agreed

Aug 21 06 09:39 am Link

Photographer

ert3006

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Truth:  I don't know what I'm doing. Period.  Ever.   I like to take pictures, but i don't know what to do with them.

OK, I find this thread interesting.  I think dating people who you come across

*or coming across people you're dating{that's for BCG, WGR and BR} it's only a joke, in very poor taste, really, when you think about what this thread is about, i just couldn't help it.  Sorry.*

through work is fine and dandy.  but it is like anything else, you should get to know the person first.  It seems to me, although a photographer asking to have a IM conversation with you may raise red flags, it was not out of the question.  The fact that the Photographer started in on getting off right away was your chance to tell him off right there and then, and if you'd have done that forcefully enough, maybe he would think twice before he tries it again, or maybe not, but at least you have done something you're proud of, and comfortable with.  Playing along, or humouring him, hoping you'll get back to business, was definately send ing the wrong message.

I feel for you, and wish this hadn't happend, but i gaurentee you that it will happen again.  An industry that has men behind cameras in front of women who are nude, is going to attract some sleaze buckets.  the only thing we can do is hope that we can idetify those sleaze buckets early, and steer clear of them.

Aug 21 06 09:45 am Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Daniela V wrote:
I will send a note, indicating my interest, and occasionally I will get "why should I pick you over everyone else?"...to which I'll tell them why I think I'm the best model for the job...and then the response will be "well, I was looking for something more than that, if you know what I mean."

This behavior is disgusting and ridiculous. And yeah, you could just shrug it off with the mindset that some people as disgusting pigs and not very professional...and that this is the internet...but it sucks to have to weed through this crap all the time.

It DOES suck to have to weed through the shit all the time, but, WELCOME to the world of INTERNET MODELING!!!

Aug 21 06 09:52 am Link

Photographer

Vermont Figurative Arts

Burlington, Vermont, US

I'd never hit on a model.
I KNOW it would just creep her out.
For me its about photography.

Aug 21 06 09:56 am Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Jayne Jones wrote:
Now I know what you may be thinking.  "Duh Jayne. . .don't Yahoo w/GWC's"  Well reader. . .according to the MHana guide to GWC threads, they weren't.

Since when did MHana become the GWC expert?  He's just a Stylist!

Anyway, what you can do is let all your friends know that this guy is a LOSER.  Make sure word gets around.  You can also post a very condensed version of your story on your BIO PAGE!  This is okay according to Model Mayhem Rules. 

You can write, "Photographers NOT to work with:____"(eMail for more info)

Just look around at some of the models and photogs now doing this.  If you need a list of examples, email me in private and I'll forward you a list.

Aug 21 06 09:56 am Link