Forums > General Industry > Models Going Without Undies!!

Photographer

FemmeArt

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I've noticed that a lot more models routinely go "commando" these days.  Is this true for females in general or are models more apt to skip the undies in everyday life?

Don't ask how or why this has ever come up on conversation--it just has, all right?

Aug 09 06 01:22 pm Link

Model

Flip Ashley

Dallas, Texas, US

Maybe its just a gene implanted in us model types, I never wear underwear, I don't even think I own any anymore. Seriously either my girlfriend took them all over or they got tossed. ~Flip

Aug 09 06 01:24 pm Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

Umm....I wear undies. Unless I am on a shoot and the outfit won't permit panties. And one time I went to a formal commando because I didn't want lines. But I did NOT use the restroom the entire night.

Aug 09 06 01:25 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

When I need to avoid the dreaded VPL, I just wear my skimpy g-strings. Sometimes I'll go commando for a shoot or runway if the outfit needs that.

Aug 09 06 01:26 pm Link

Model

NOTALIFE SAVINGDEVICE

Huntington Beach, California, US

sometimes they get in the way. sometimes you can see them through your outfit, or you get a peekaboo thong sticking out. a tight outfit looks better without a panty line.

Aug 09 06 01:27 pm Link

Model

The Dave

Los Angeles, California, US

perhaps it has to do with those who routinely shoot nude, and just get in the habit of going commando for the sake of lines/marks and then decide its more comfortable anyway...

but I cant speak for the women.  my ex was always commando, now we are both modeling and im sure nothing has changed.

Aug 09 06 01:28 pm Link

Model

Carrie_K

Orlando, Florida, US

When wearing sheer or form fitting clothes, it's better to go commando for a shoot to avoid panty lines and such. I personally, wear them in my every day life. The prettier, the better. Though I wonder why the smaller area they cover, the more expensive they get. Thank goodness for Victoria's Secret platinum card!

Aug 09 06 01:29 pm Link

Model

e-string

Chameleon wrote:
perhaps it has to do with those who routinely shoot nude, and just get in the habit of going commando for the sake of lines/marks and then decide its more comfortable anyway...

but I cant speak for the women.  my ex was always commando, now we are both modeling and im sure nothing has changed.

Good point.. I'm ALWAYS commando before a shoot. And I guess I'm sometimes nude or almost nude at home. But I wear panties when I'm out and about. lol

Aug 09 06 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Dirk Alexander

Greenwood, Arkansas, US

Ok, so I cold-called a small talent agency when I was back in Indy a couple years back trying to land a photography gig...   I met with the agency director, a very attractive woman, early 30's.   As I was brought into her office by an assistant, she turned around in her swivel chair to face me and stood up.  Don't remember how she stood, but the extreme shortness of skirt combined with the manner she stood made it OBVIOUS she was panty-less...  In fact she laughed as we shook hands and apologized for "Sharon Stoning" me!   Long story short, I worked a bit for her, and discovered that she must not have made enough money to afford ANY panties...   there was also a very strong predisposition to exhibitionism...  but that's another story...

Aug 09 06 01:30 pm Link

Photographer

FemmeArt

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

brigette putnam wrote:
sometimes they get in the way. sometimes you can see them through your outfit, or you get a peekaboo thong sticking out. a tight outfit looks better without a panty line.

Agreed--panty lines are not attractive

Aug 09 06 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

Fotticelli

Rockville, Maryland, US

Dirk Alexander wrote:
In fact she laughed as we shook hands and apologized for "Sharon Stoning" me!

I got beavered a couple of weeks ago at the supermarket right by the rotisserie chicken display. And I came just to get a rotisserie chicken for dinner. Eeeeeeeeewwww! I don’t know why but it grossed me out. I guess in other situations you are prepared for it but all I had on my mind was chicken and then all of a sudden – BEAVER.

Models - please don’t worry about panty lines at the supermarket.

Aug 09 06 03:00 pm Link

Model

BronxBeauty8

I only go commando at home or on my way to a club. My little g-strings gotta fit under my clothes to make me feel sexy.

Aug 09 06 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

Justin N Lane

Brooklyn, New York, US

Fotticelli wrote:

I got beavered a couple of weeks ago at the supermarket right by the rotisserie chicken display. And I came just to get a rotisserie chicken for dinner. Eeeeeeeeewwww! I don’t know why but it grossed me out. I guess in other situations you are prepared for it but all I had on my mind was chicken and then all of a sudden – BEAVER.

Models - please don’t worry about panty lines at the supermarket.

I don't think I've ever had that reaction before.  What, did she scratch it before handing you your chicken??!

Aug 09 06 03:12 pm Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

White River Junction, Vermont, US

I've heard that for major fashion runway shows the models are often not permitted to wear underwear. Something about everything they wear being by the designer, and designers not wanting any bra/panty lines "interrupting" the flow of their creations.

Aug 09 06 03:12 pm Link

Model

Madalyn

Burlington, Vermont, US

wow I must be an old lady bc I dont do that...heard it wasnt healthy...but yeah thats probably just me...

Aug 09 06 03:13 pm Link

Model

Madalyn

Burlington, Vermont, US

But to those who do that, More power to you!

Aug 09 06 03:14 pm Link

Model

Madalyn

Burlington, Vermont, US

Aug 09 06 03:14 pm Link

Model

Postergirl

Sacramento, California, US

For females underwear in general doesn't allow the vagina to breathe or get air which can cause infections-a Gynecologist said that-So I go without undies half the time

Aug 09 06 03:18 pm Link

Model

Hourglass

Huntington Beach, California, US

Chameleon wrote:

Damn right nothings changed! But you do make a good point; Those of us who shoot nudes have to be very aware of the lines left by the clothing we wear to a shoot. If you dont you end up wasting your and the photogs time or end up with not-so-usable pics.
ps. Happy birthday Chameleon.

Aug 09 06 03:19 pm Link

Model

BronxBeauty8

lol how could it not be healthy? If a baby wore a diaper all day long, they would get a rash. Let it breathe! let the poor thang breathe! lol (and don't forget to wash!) wink

Aug 09 06 03:19 pm Link

Photographer

Class Act Photography

STUDIO CITY, California, US

For what my humble opinion is worth, even though it does not really pertain much to this conversation or answer the question, I like my fruit of the looms. They are nice and comfy. I also use Johnson and Johnson baby powder so I am always fresh and clean.

Aug 09 06 03:20 pm Link

Model

BronxBeauty8

Class Act Photography wrote:
For what my humble opinion is worth, even though it does not really pertain much to this conversation or answer the question, I like my fruit of the looms. They are nice and comfy. I also use Johnson and Johnson baby powder so I am always fresh and clean.

big_smile thanks for sharing. I understand how important it must be for you to share that information cuz in a few more years you might be wearing Depends. (ooops! did I say that?) nah, jk big_smile

Aug 09 06 03:23 pm Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

What are panties? LOL
I never waer any befoe a nude or semi nude shoot , I never wear any ot home , and only rarely when I go out espacially if its warm...

Aug 09 06 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

Z_Photo

Huntsville, Alabama, US

Fotticelli wrote:
And I came just to get a rotisserie chicken for dinner.

THAT must have been one damn good chicken!

Aug 09 06 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

Fotticelli

Rockville, Maryland, US

Justin N Lane wrote:

I don't think I've ever had that reaction before.  What, did she scratch it before handing you your chicken??!

No, no one was touching anything. It was on display just like the chickens. It wasn't plucked like the chickens though. Maybe that's why. Gave me some sort of an association with eating unplucked chickens.

Sorry for this unappetizing mental picture. He asked and I'm worried that I'm getting old or something.

Aug 09 06 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

North Pole Photography

Boxers or briefs?

George Bush's ansewer:  "Briefs, because that's how long it will take to fix Iraq."
Clinton:  "Boxers, because they kept my ankles warm in the oval office."
George Bush, senior:  "Just depends."

Model

Postergirl

Sacramento, California, US

Can I have a piece of your chicken?

Photographer

Class Act Photography

BronxBeauty8 wrote:

big_smile thanks for sharing. I understand how important it must be for you to share that information cuz in a few more years you might be wearing Depends. (ooops! did I say that?) nah, jk big_smile

I only wear my Depends if I am going out on the town or maybe for a photoshoot in the desert or something.

Aug 09 06 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Los Angeles, California, US

Class Act Photography wrote:

https://www.ownedirl.com/Gay-Alarm.jpg

Aug 09 06 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

Fotticelli

Rockville, Maryland, US

Postergirl wrote:
Can I have a piece of your chicken?

I'm not sure what you mean but you don't want to go there sweetie, either way.

Aug 09 06 03:35 pm Link

Photographer

Class Act Photography

Michael Kirst wrote:

https://www.ownedirl.com/Gay-Alarm.jpg

My girlfriend would take umbrage at that remark.
However, since I am securely confident in my manhood and heterosexuality, I will let that remark slide.

(even though it was semi-funny)

Aug 09 06 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

HerbP

Winter Springs, Florida, US

I used to hand out a small modeling preparation information sheet to local girls that I asked to model for me but have stopped it with the "experienced" site models since I have started using the Internet, thinking they know better and not wanting to insult their professionalism. It includes information on not wearing a bra, panty, belt, Bikini, anything elastic, etc. that would leave pressure marks on the skin. So, as a result, I have had a couple of models come and display nice red pressure marks from a thong or bra. Each time, I had to reorganize my shooting plan to take the first pictures with them having a sash or other prop or shoot body parts until the pressure marks were less noticeable. One more incident, and I am ready to start sending them my prep info and take my chances on them being insulted.

Aug 09 06 03:51 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

I dont understand or comprehend what your talking about.....please send photos to my email so i can answer this question.

Aug 09 06 03:55 pm Link

Model

Rolette

Newtown, Pennsylvania, US

Although I hardly do nude any longer, I will admit to not wearing underwear BEFORE a shoot.  During may be an entirely different story, however.  It is mostly because of the lines that can be created that I choose not to wear them, as sometimes it can be difficult to photoshop them out or use adequate lighting to take away those unsightly lines. 

Anyway...*plunks two cents and jets*

Aug 09 06 03:56 pm Link

Photographer

Sanders Photo

Lake Charles, Louisiana, US

Boxer briefs for me,  only the colored kind.  No tidy whities.  My mom always taught me to wear undies in case I got in a wreck..lol.  But I do like the commando look on models.  Oh, and I use Mexsana powder for those hot Louisiana days and stay fresh as a new loaf of bread....oops sounds like a Yeast joke coming on.

Aug 09 06 04:09 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

I have a few long dresses that I wear before shoots that are dark enough that I don't have to wear anything underneath.

No lines at all lines are bad.

Aug 09 06 04:30 pm Link

Model

e-string

Iona Lynn wrote:
I have a few long dresses that I wear before shoots that are dark enough that I don't have to wear anything underneath.

No lines at all lines are bad.

That's exactly what I do.. I've been made fun of for looking like a hippy, but I like the dress and it's super comfortable, and the photographers love it because there are no lines. smile

Aug 09 06 04:34 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

No undies, Commando, Lines.............

Women must have "Line" nightmares.

What exactly will a "Line" do to a woman?

Aug 09 06 04:37 pm Link

Model

Rachel Dashae

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

I always wear underwear to a shoot. Sometimes I have no idea what I'm going to be wearing,etc.

But if I'm not going for a shoot. I won't wear underwear if I'm wearing pants,or stockings(except for fishnets.)

Aug 09 06 04:40 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Peter Dattolo wrote:
No undies, Commando, Lines.............

Women must have "Line" nightmares.

What exactly will a "Line" do to a woman?

make the photographer spend extra time photoshopping your images when you pose nude.

or even with tight clothing on.

If you can avoide those lines and make a job easer why not.

Aug 09 06 05:27 pm Link