Forums > General Industry > Photographers and "lingerie/swimsuit shoots"...

Photographer

Pixel-Magic Photography

Chicago, Illinois, US

J Schumacher wrote:
Ass Tax. STAND AND DELIVER! Hand over them asses.

Some suggestions:

1 You need to study "Assignations"  methodology
2 Maybe think of renting or Burrow-ing a Donkey : )
3 Study the methods of BUTTon collectors

so you can "round out" your your portfolio.

Jul 31 06 03:09 am Link

Photographer

MurphyMurphy Studios

Denver, Colorado, US

Antrice wrote:
I just wanted to write and ask all MM members what they believe to be real modeling. I've been told that "ass" shots and going half naked is not modeling, only if it's done right. I've browsed many photographers ports and in a great percentage I've found mostly those mentioned "ass" shots.

Not in mine. 

It all depends on the Genre that you are being hired for..... In Commercial Lifestyle modeling, you won't see too many booty shots.  In Glam modeling, you will see a lot more.  There are a lot of photographers on this site (and others) that shoot Glam/swimsuit/lingerie.

There is nothing wrong with it, if you are shooting with a real pro.

Jul 31 06 04:41 am Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Ass, no ass, who cares!

Are you a Model because you have a port on MM????
.HELL NO!

Jul 31 06 10:25 am Link

Photographer

Chili

Brooklyn, New York, US

just added my first "ass shot" to my port

in case anyone cares ;-)

Jul 31 06 11:27 am Link

Photographer

J Schumacher

Gustine, California, US

Awwwwww.....................

I'm still assless.

Where are the volunteers?

Not even a pity ass for me.

Jul 31 06 07:07 pm Link

Model

Antrice

Atlanta, Georgia, US

J Schumacher wrote:
Awwwwww.....................

I'm still assless.

Where are the volunteers?

Not even a pity ass for me.

Aww I'm sorry...... you gotta keep lookin cuz I know they out there.
LOL @ the "pity ass"............ smile it'll be ok......

Aug 05 06 11:55 am Link

Photographer

Split Images Studio

Seattle, Washington, US

If you are posing before a camera you are essentially modeling. There are many different purposes and uses for a models image. There IS NO one Definition of a model.
What diff does it make if some one else says you are not modeling.
If you are doing something you enjoy go for it irregardless of what others think of say.

I just wanted to write and ask all MM members what they believe to be real modeling. I've been told that "ass" shots and going half naked is not modeling, only if it's done right. I've browsed many photographers ports and in a great percentage I've found mostly those mentioned "ass" shots. I want to know if you MM members think it's model-like to show your ass for TFP/TFCD or whatever? And I'm not talking about the Victoria's Secret type stuff. I mean the real "I'm in the bathroom not doing much but takin my clothes off and it's borderline makin me look like a slut" shots. Please tell me what you think. TTYL!!!

Aug 05 06 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

Marvin Dockery

Alcoa, Tennessee, US

Antrice wrote:
I wont take them. I think all shots should have meaning to them. And I get tired of seeing so many ports only focus on "pleasing men". I think they should have some creativity to them and not just be for the purpose of the "ass". I just wanted to know what everyone thought about it.

Modeling is about doing a job that you get paid for.  If every one thought your way there would be signs on repair shops saying I do not work on green, or blue cars.

I shoot nudes, and have found that most of my nude prints, purchased in galleries, are bought by women. On Ebay most of the buyers are men, but not all of them.

Models have posed for artists for thousands of years. As far as I know non of these models ever required the artists to have any creativity.  Of course some did, but not many until after they died.  Most of the models needed the money, or a room and board to stay alive.

Aug 05 06 01:03 pm Link