Forums > General Industry > TFP/CD Scams and characters!

Model

Zakiya Soleil

Kennesaw, Georgia, US

wow ppl should relax a little. it was sposed to be funny. i found it posted (without due credit) on my friends blog, who is also a photographer.  smile once in a while and not take everything sooo seriously.

this is the blog on myspace where i found it and thought it was funny. look for yourself.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … 8f79c9445b

Jun 21 06 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

bah

Jun 21 06 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

Ivan Aps

Miami, Florida, US

Man, can't wait to hear some of the rip-you-aparts that come from photogs on some of these comments.  Running for the JiffyPop.

Jun 21 06 01:59 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

took the bait. I hang my head in shame.

Jun 21 06 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

billi

MCKINNEY, Texas, US

oops

Jun 21 06 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

billi

MCKINNEY, Texas, US

wow... someone's been burned. but you forgot one...

billy badass: he says all the right things, shoots all the right frames, is timely with the product, clients, tears, amazing work...extremely profesh.

Jun 21 06 02:11 pm Link

Photographer

BIG BANG

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

wow. youve covered just about  covered every stereotype.  it just goes to show that a model has to be more careful.  what kind of modelling you want to concentrate on will dictate the type of pictures you need as well as the photographer whose style suits your needs.   you have to do your research. why does a photographer travel across the country , rent a motel room with sheets for backdrops, and shoot tfcd  with on pop-up flash on camera, and sign released for snapshops that will not be usefull for anything.  kinda scary.
     not everyone whos has a camera is a photographer.  foremost it should be treated as a business.  be careful and play safe

Jun 21 06 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

JaysonPolansky com

Sedona, Arizona, US

Please make sure to give the origniating author credit

It is a cute article posted on one of the Other Talent Sources.

Article By:     Jeff Curley (Austin Models & Talent Agency) - [email protected]
Editor Since:     11/26/2003
Biography:     Jeff Curley is a licensed Model and Talent Agent with the land-based agency, Austin Models and Talent (Texas License #TALAGY00000439). The agency represents professional talent in the Central Texas market. Jeff also adminstrates some of the most prolific online model, talent and photography resource forums in Texas, Texas Models and Talent (TM&T). Jeff's photography is represented online as stock via The Stock Image Database. A former professional photographer, casting director, talent manager and agent from Los Angeles, Jeff now makes his home in the Austin, Texas, area. Articles such as this have been published in the U.S. online, as well as in trade magazines such as "Quality Digest," and "TQM." Additionally, recent articles are now appearing online and in print via Canadian publications. Visit the agency site to contact Jeff directly.

Jun 21 06 02:14 pm Link

Model

LucisPtera

Austin, Texas, US

Credible or not, it was highly amusing, and a good read.

Jun 21 06 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

Attractive Portraits

London, England, United Kingdom

Yeah yeah but what about the flakey models that say 'I'd love to shoot with you' blah blah blah, you book the studio time, put the time aside then the air heads dont show....

Got a list for those girls huh huh biotch?

I've never let a TFCD down.

MAN You full of it!

Jun 21 06 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

XposurePhoto

Houston, Texas, US

Even with out the credits I just had to read the topic and knew exactly where that came from...yes, we know who is the author of it and in my book he will never be "credible" but that is my own opinion.

Interesting to note that for some of us who used to be in his forum (glad I am not there no more...and yes he throw me out and others for telling the truth to the talent) we know exactly why he did that, it was to make fun of certain photographers who did not believe on his concepts, but he wanted his "Talent" to shoot with GWC's (cuz it is free)...as you see the last one in the list...to me the guy will always be a joke, again, that is my opinion. Some stuff may make sense, but some are just plain bad taste...time will tell...time will tell...

XP

Jun 21 06 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

YEAH!! Now we even have Plagiarism here!!! WOOO HOOO What a wonderful way to make yourself look like an ASS~!!!!

MM is FUN!!!

Jun 21 06 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Jun 21 06 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

~SLAP~ WAKE UP!!!

Jun 21 06 03:11 pm Link

Photographer

Webspinner Studios

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Attractive Portraits wrote:
Yeah yeah but what about the flakey models that say 'I'd love to shoot with you' blah blah blah, you book the studio time, put the time aside then the air heads dont show....

Got a list for those girls huh huh biotch?

I've never let a TFCD down.

MAN You full of it!

Go find your own internet guide to internet models to crib and post!

Jun 21 06 03:12 pm Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

I believe negativity grows exponentially with typing.

Jun 21 06 03:34 pm Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

lol, that was funny.

Bed Sheet Billy... lol

Jun 21 06 03:46 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Koz

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

What's the word that means "taking something some one else wrote and presenting it as if it were one's own, without giving credit to the original author"?

P l a ... uh .... p l a .... uh ... yeah ... theft of intellectual property! Dats da ticket!!!

I love seeing a blanket indictment of the ethics of others ... made by someone with questionable ethics!

Jun 21 06 03:47 pm Link

Model

Ryan6663

New York, New York, US

very soon im going to be a newbie nelson LOL!!

Jun 21 06 04:35 pm Link

Photographer

Cassandra Panek

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

VirtuaMike wrote:
I believe negativity grows exponentially with typing.

we should make a wiki on that, akin to Godwin's law. we can call it VirtuaMike's Postulate: the longer an internet thread grows, the more the chance of negativity increases. big_smile

Jun 21 06 04:43 pm Link

Model

MzFit

Cleveland, Ohio, US

LOL  ..hey pass the Jiffy Pop!

Jun 21 06 04:45 pm Link

Model

Sou DeSade

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

They are all so true! Funny but very true! My personal hated top two: Free Willie and Derelict Don I think smile Haven't all models experienced some of them? smile

Jun 21 06 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

Miguel Book 1

Washington, District of Columbia, US

back to work

Jun 21 06 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Pretty_Dollface wrote:
TFP/CD Scams and characters!

Huh! Who's calling the kettle black? hmm

Jun 21 06 04:55 pm Link

Model

Zakiya Soleil

Kennesaw, Georgia, US

Jun 21 06 04:58 pm Link

Model

Zakiya Soleil

Kennesaw, Georgia, US

Digital Basement Studio wrote:
Please make sure to give the origniating author credit

It is a cute article posted on one of the Other Talent Sources.

Article By:     Jeff Curley (Austin Models & Talent Agency) - [email protected]
Editor Since:     11/26/2003
Biography:     Jeff Curley is a licensed Model and Talent Agent with the land-based agency, Austin Models and Talent (Texas License #TALAGY00000439). The agency represents professional talent in the Central Texas market. Jeff also adminstrates some of the most prolific online model, talent and photography resource forums in Texas, Texas Models and Talent (TM&T). Jeff's photography is represented online as stock via The Stock Image Database. A former professional photographer, casting director, talent manager and agent from Los Angeles, Jeff now makes his home in the Austin, Texas, area. Articles such as this have been published in the U.S. online, as well as in trade magazines such as "Quality Digest," and "TQM." Additionally, recent articles are now appearing online and in print via Canadian publications. Visit the agency site to contact Jeff directly.

I found it without due credit on a friends myspace. i thought she made it up. relax :-)

Jun 21 06 05:04 pm Link

Photographer

Glamourscape

St Paul, Alberta, Canada

I gotta stick up for Bed Sheet Billy...

Have you ever tried laying that seamless paper on top of your mattress?  It always wrinkles and tears at the pressure points. When I wake up in the morning it's no longer uasable for a photo shoot, and it's too stiff for toilet paper! I'll stick with sheets

Jun 21 06 05:15 pm Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Richard Wheelock wrote:
I gotta stick up for Bed Sheet Billy...

Have you ever tried laying that seamless paper on top of your mattress?  It always wrinkles and tears at the pressure points. When I wake up in the morning it's no longer uasable for a photo shoot, and it's too stiff for toilet paper! I'll stick with sheets

As toilet paper?

Hey... What happened to the OP's main post?
Girl don't let these people run you.

Jun 21 06 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

Jun 21 06 05:28 pm Link

Model

Zakiya Soleil

Kennesaw, Georgia, US

K well how bout this.
Public Applogy. I'm seriously sorry. I didnt know that it would be such a big deal and that people would take it so hard. I completely apologize to any and everyone who was offended.

Jun 21 06 05:33 pm Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

Pretty_Dollface wrote:
K well how bout this.
Public Applogy. I'm seriously sorry. I didnt know that it would be such a big deal and that people would take it so hard. I completely apologize to any and everyone who was offended.

You better be dammit tongue ...Now welcome to the forums officially you have had an ass whipin!!! tongue

~hugs~

Jun 21 06 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

Glamourscape

St Paul, Alberta, Canada

luv ya doll face!

Jun 21 06 05:40 pm Link

Model

Zakiya Soleil

Kennesaw, Georgia, US

Dee wrote:

You better be dammit tongue ...Now welcome to the forums officially you have had an ass whipin!!! tongue

~hugs~

I'm so serious though. :-) I had nooooooo idea what soever that people would actually get mad over that at all. It was posted by a photographer. i though ppl would laugh. ah well. bad bad. hope everyone realizes im not some kind of an ass~hole or something 0:-)

Jun 21 06 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

Pretty_Dollface wrote:

I'm so serious though. :-) I had nooooooo idea what soever that people would actually get mad over that at all. It was posted by a photographer. i though ppl would laugh. ah well. bad bad. hope everyone realizes im not some kind of an ass~hole or something 0:-)

Darlin this is MM where EVERYONE is mightier than thou!!People will get pissed about ANYTHING!!!

Jun 21 06 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

SC_Michael

Columbia, Alabama, US

One more reason I dont shoot TFP.

Jun 21 06 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Dee wrote:

Darlin this is MM where EVERYONE is mightier than thou!!People will get pissed about ANYTHING!!!

And she means ANYTHING!!!
Yet, most of what they get mad about is so freakin irrelevant, you can't help but to laugh at them.

Jun 21 06 05:53 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Pretty_Dollface wrote:
wow ppl should relax a little. it was sposed to be funny. i found it posted (without due credit) on my friends blog, who is also a photographer.  smile once in a while and not take everything sooo seriously.

this is the blog on myspace where i found it and thought it was funny. look for yourself.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … 8f79c9445b

look at the red lettering at the bottom of that blog post.. it shows the copyright info...

but regardless..

Welcome to MM

Jun 21 06 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

BCI Photo wrote:
And she means ANYTHING!!!
Yet, most of what they get mad about is so freakin irrelevant, you can't help but to laugh at them.

You are right... some thread about the most offensive picture on MM comes to mind.

Jun 21 06 05:59 pm Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Mikel Featherston wrote:

You are right... some thread about the most offensive picture on MM comes to mind.

Please grow up and move on. We don't need you ruining a thread drudging up old stuff because you have nothing else better to do today.

Jun 21 06 06:07 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

BCI Photo wrote:

Please grow up and move on. We don't need you ruining a thread drudging up old stuff because you have nothing else better to do today.

Hey, I'm here to have fun.... why are you here?

Jun 21 06 06:08 pm Link