Forums > General Industry > Danielle....America's Next Top Model?

Model

AuLa

West Hollywood, California, US

Yeah, I don't have TV.

Jun 27 06 06:26 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Electra T wrote:
ANTM has this way of making the most modely girls look unmodely.

And the best damn photogs in the world can make the most un-modely girls look modely. No fair! smile

Jun 27 06 06:33 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

jade83 wrote:
...An EQUESTRIAN HELMET with a "showgirl" outfit?! That's ridiculous. They'd get better ratings from a show titled "Worst Runway Cliches"!

Those are her photos for Elite. Take it up with one of the best agencies in the world lol.

Jun 27 06 06:35 pm Link

Model

Rome Romanne

Pasadena, California, US

I'M GONNA BE IN THE MINORITY ON THIS ONE....

JOANIE should have won.

Ok ladies, before you judge what I say, let's make it clear that I absoutely LOOOOOVE Danielle and I loved her from start to finish. So, just so we all understand that I'm not hating on Danielle. I love Danielle. I am commenting on a completely objective tendency here.

With that said, JOANIE should have been America's Next Top Model.

And this is why:

1) Joanie led with flying colors week after harsh week from the tail-end of the season.

2) She is the first model to NEVER be placed in the bottom two in ANTM history.

3) I also TOTALLY disagree that she looks like any other girl; in fashion, she doesn't. If you've worked in the industry, you will find there are blondes, but not as All-American and versatile (commericial to high fashion) as Joanie. As ANTM, she could have added so much to the fashion landscape. (as the runner-up, she can still do that; but, I digress...). I've seen very few All-American types who can successfully carry off High fashion as Joanie can. It's rare. She has a certain something that didn't really translate through the television screen.

4) she was tearing it up week after week; Danielle wasn't as consistently praised as Joanie.

I love Danielle, MORE than Joanie, but fair is fair... and the fairest didn't win this time around.

Which raises even MORE questions, don't you think?

Hmmmmmmmm.........

Jun 27 06 06:56 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

I don't think Nicole should have won.

Jun 27 06 06:59 pm Link

Model

Benilda Devarie

Panama City, Florida, US

i like danielle. i was rooting for her from the get go.

I personally think the worst ANTM of all time was Nicole from the last season.

Jun 27 06 07:05 pm Link

Model

Rome Romanne

Pasadena, California, US

Electra T wrote:
I don't think Nicole should have won.

If not Nicole, than who? I'm thinking of KIM, who was the most unique and edgiest of all the models there. Lisa was a fantastic contender, although she wasn't likeable (apparently, neither was Kim). Nik wasn't strong enough. and Bre was THE most undeserving, not to mention Jayla. So, with those options, who else is there?

My top three would have been: Nicole, Kim, and Lisa.

Jun 27 06 07:06 pm Link

Model

Rome Romanne

Pasadena, California, US

Benilda DeAlba wrote:
i like danielle. i was rooting for her from the get go.

I personally think the worst ANTM of all time was Nicole from the last season.

No, Adrianne was the worst - she didn't do as much with it as she could have because she went overseas and no one knew her there. It was also the first season and it was a little  unprecedented that she would be the guinea pig, so not her fault. Now, she's a huge reality star, not a model (well, if you don't count Playboy).

If you noticed, Nicole is CONSTANTLY working, constantly booking and has HUGE visibility.

Jun 27 06 07:10 pm Link

Model

Samanthasthe1

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Well I'm glad Danielle won... I like Jade as well...maybe she was a bit too much for tv but she could've just as easily won....

Jun 27 06 07:14 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Male Model Rome wrote:

If not Nicole, than who? I'm thinking of KIM, who was the most unique and edgiest of all the models there. Lisa was a fantastic contender, although she wasn't likeable (apparently, neither was Kim). Nik wasn't strong enough. and Bre was THE most undeserving, not to mention Jayla. So, with those options, who else is there?

My top three would have been: Nicole, Kim, and Lisa.

Nicole sucked. I didn't like Nik but she def had the strongest images. If not Nik then Lisa. Its funny Nicole is with ford but Nik is working wayyyyyyyyyyyy more and she's with fusion.

Jun 27 06 07:20 pm Link

Model

Rome Romanne

Pasadena, California, US

(bump)

Jun 27 06 07:20 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

look up

Jun 27 06 07:27 pm Link

Model

CristinaLex

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

I concur that she is ANTM.....Watching it now....i knoow some of  u are smile

Jun 27 06 07:41 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

hehe.

Jun 27 06 07:42 pm Link

Model

Rome Romanne

Pasadena, California, US

Electra T said:
Nicole sucked. I didn't like Nik but she def had the strongest images. If not Nik then Lisa. Its funny Nicole is with ford but Nik is working wayyyyyyyyyyyy more and she's with fusion.

It's so funny how that works sometimes. A smaller agency can give you MORE attention than a bigger one, where you have even MORE competition to compete for visibility.

Jun 27 06 07:53 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Male Model Rome wrote:
Electra T said:

It's so funny how that works sometimes. A smaller agency can give you MORE attention than a bigger one, where you have even MORE competition to compete for visibility.

Yah. It's funny, I remember Tyra said Nicole was so high fashion..i just don't see it. They make really strange decisions on the show...like picking eva..a model who is barely 5'6.

Jun 27 06 08:02 pm Link

Model

Rome Romanne

Pasadena, California, US

ELECTRA T WROTE:

Yah. It's funny, I remember Tyra said Nicole was so high fashion..i just don't see it. They make really strange decisions on the show...like picking eva..a model who is barely 5'6.

Electra, YOU are my new best friend! I totally agree - I don't see it either!! LOL!!! I do think she has a great look to offer to the industry (a fresh face, passively versatile look), she's not very talented and really needs to work on maintaining some kind of sparkle. And yes, they do make stupid decisions, don't they. And don't get me started on Eva (she was such a rotten person - apparently she's changed now, though). Last season, I stopped watching when Kim was cut over Bre. I thought that there was no one else interesting or deserving after that.

Jun 27 06 08:06 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

?edit,indeed?

Jun 27 06 08:10 pm Link

Model

RDawkins

Breckenridge, Colorado, US

Sigh...I stopped caring after Yolanda House.  My god, she was gorgeous.

Jun 27 06 08:14 pm Link

Model

Rome Romanne

Pasadena, California, US

Kristen Holden wrote:
Sigh...I stopped caring after Yolanda House.  My god, she was gorgeous.

Who? (Oh, do u mean YOANNA?).

;-)

Jun 27 06 08:18 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Male Model Rome wrote:
Electra, YOU are my new best friend! I totally agree - I don't see it either!! LOL!!! I do think she has a great look to offer to the industry (a fresh face, passively versatile look), she's not very talented and really needs to work on maintaining some kind of sparkle. And yes, they do make stupid decisions, don't they. And don't get me started on Eva (she was such a rotten person - apparently she's changed now, though). Last season, I stopped watching when Kim was cut over Bre. I thought that there was no one else interesting or deserving after that.

Yay, a new interiend.LOL.Soo many bad decisions on that show...First off, the girls on the show are usally too short and too old. Many times, Tyra makes terrible decisions like chopping off peoples hair to see them cry. The pictures on the show display how great the PHOTOSHOP is, and not how well the girls pose. Letting Nicole win was just terrible, i found her to be extremely immature and obnoxious. I think it was better for Nik in the long run. Eva, I'm not sure why she won..does she even work?Yaya was fantastic. Kim, i wasn't such a fan of..but she's with Elite now as well so that says a lot to me.

Jun 27 06 08:26 pm Link

Model

Rome Romanne

Pasadena, California, US

Electra T wrote:

Male Model Rome wrote:

Yay, a new interiend.LOL.Soo many bad decisions on that show...First off, the girls on the show are usally too short and too old. Many times, Tyra makes terrible decisions like chopping off peoples hair to see them cry. The pictures on the show display how great the PHOTOSHOP is, and not how well the girls pose. Letting Nicole win was just terrible, i found her to be extremely immature and obnoxious. I think it was better for Nik in the long run. Eva, I'm not sure why she won..does she even work?Yaya was fantastic. Kim, i wasn't such a fan of..but she's with Elite now as well so that says a lot to me.

Yes, yes, yes, YEEEEESSSSSS!!!! You said it, I agree with you on EVERYTHING (well, except for your take on Kim, but we can't always agree on everything, right?? lol).

I have such a love/hate relationship with that damn show and Tyra.  lol!

I'm sending you a friends' request.....

Jun 27 06 08:34 pm Link