Forums > General Industry > Danielle....America's Next Top Model?

Model

-Katrina-

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

You knew this thread was coming eventually...according to Tyra and gang, Danielle of Little Rock Arkansas is ANTM.

What do you all think of this?

I'll tell you my take. 1) its a shame Jade is such a damn lunetic because she did take great pictures, but like....the chick is simply CRAZY and is a know it all, so that wasnt gonna work

2) I think the finale was a little boring. The competition between Joanie and Danielle didnt seem stiff enough, or enticing...sitting on the edge of your seat like....

3) Sadly, I dont believe Danielle is going to do to good in the real world. Her fun personality and country grammar aren't going to take her far. Granted she could get some speaking classes, but I still believe her future looks bleek. And actually, now that I think about it, none of the ANTM girls are blowing the modeling industry away...

Eh, I dunno, just puttin my measly undeveloped opinion out there...what  y'all think?

May 17 06 08:33 pm Link

Model

Katarzyna

Fairfield, New Jersey, US

I personally loved Joanie, she took great pictures, well she had it all

May 17 06 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

Aiyoonee

Gilberts, Illinois, US

I somewhat agree... definitely on point 1 and 2....I did think they made the right decision though. Even though Danielle future may be a bit bleek, she was the best of the bunch.

May 17 06 08:35 pm Link

Photographer

Sockpuppet Studios

San Francisco, California, US

did you have to put that in the title? You could have used a spoiler warning, GGGRRRRRR

I was goingto watch it later on in dvr.

May 17 06 08:36 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

-Katrina- wrote:
You knew this thread was coming eventually...according to Tyra and gang, Danielle of Little Rock Arkansas is ANTM.

What do you all think of this?

I'll tell you my take. 1) its a shame Jade is such a damn lunetic because she did take great pictures, but like....the chick is simply CRAZY and is a know it all, so that wasnt gonna work

2) I think the finale was a little boring. The competition between Joanie and Danielle didnt seem stiff enough, or enticing...sitting on the edge of your seat like....

3) Sadly, I dont believe Danielle is going to do to good in the real world. Her fun personality and country grammar aren't going to take her far. Granted she could get some speaking classes, but I still believe her future looks bleek. And actually, now that I think about it, none of the ANTM girls are blowing the modeling industry away...

Eh, I dunno, just puttin my measly undeveloped opinion out there...what  y'all think?

Err..lots of ppl haven't seen the show and you kind of spoiled it! grrrr. Anyway, jade was too old and Joanies walk was weak.I think Danielle will do very well, actually I dare say better than any other contestant. She's tall, young, and to be honest I don't think she really needed the show as much as joanie. A lot of the ANTM girls have been signed, mollie sue just got signed to Elite and kim from last season...Elyse is actually pretty huge in Asia. SO they aren't exactly doing gucci? They're still working at least smile

May 17 06 08:37 pm Link

Model

-Katrina-

Experimental Photoworks wrote:
did you have to put that in the title? You could have used a spoiler warning, GGGRRRRRR

I was goingto watch it later on in dvr.

Shoot...VERY GOOD POINT...
for anyone who hasnt watched it yet feel free to sent me viruses over MM for spoiling the fun...

I say I saved you some time, someone coulda told me at the beginning who won and it woulda had the same effect cause the episode was NOT that interesting...i guess the moderators should have a title edit option, but hey, lets not get off topic

May 17 06 08:39 pm Link

Model

Rome Romanne

Pasadena, California, US

AWWWW!!! I was going to watch it, too. Won't be too much fun to watch anymore.

May 17 06 08:39 pm Link

Model

na52

.. I missed it .. I feel the same way about Jade though!! that girl HAS it! but shes a crazy person..lol

May 17 06 08:40 pm Link

Model

_kate

New York, New York, US

Super glad Jade didn't win...
I really woud have rather Joanie won though.

May 17 06 08:42 pm Link

Model

-Katrina-

ARG...SOMEONE BAN ME FROM MM...or something.....

I feel really bad...maybe a MM can delete this thread so I dont ruin it for anyone else, Im really sorry you all

May 17 06 08:42 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Katrina, girl I love you. But, I cannot let you get away with this one-

-Katrina- wrote:
Her fun personality and country grammar aren't going to take her far
..... what  y'all think?"

"aren't" and "y'all" is not proper grammar silly ass. smile

May 17 06 08:44 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Envy wrote:
Katrina, girl I love you. But, I cannot let you get away with this one-

"aren't" and "y'all" is not proper grammar silly ass. smile

aren't ain't a word??? wink

May 17 06 08:48 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

The show is getting kinda boring now. Its turned into a typical reality show. Nenna should of won but she did not create shock value on the show. She did her job and they complained that she had no "personality" In other words: "you're ruining our ratings nenna"

May 17 06 08:50 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Electra T wrote:

aren't ain't a word??? wink

::scratches head:::

Shh.... I was trying to pull attention away from the fact she spoiled ANTM finale.

May 17 06 08:50 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

AJ Bella wrote:
The show is getting kinda boring now. Its turned into a typical reality show. Nenna should of won but she did not create shock value on the show. She did her job and they complained that she had no "personality" In other words: "you're ruining our ratings nenna"

Joanie and Danielle didn't help ratings that much...Jade held that show allll on her own..but they REALLY need a cut off age...27??27???????

May 17 06 08:52 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Envy wrote:

::scratches head:::

Shh.... I was trying to pull attention away from the fact she spoiled ANTM finale.

huh. pssst. "title"

May 17 06 08:53 pm Link

Model

-Katrina-

AJ Bella wrote:

True, i guess inorder to be ANTM you have to be a good model, and be able to hold the interest television show...

the whole reality tv aspect is like, a talent all its one. Jade was the crazy interesting one, and Danielle was the one people could relate to...

May 17 06 08:55 pm Link

Model

-Katrina-

Electra T wrote:
Joanie and Danielle didn't help ratings that much...Jade held that show allll on her own..but they REALLY need a cut off age...27??27???????

I believe the cut off age actually is 27...needless to say, jade was pushin it

May 17 06 08:58 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

-Katrina- wrote:

I believe the cut off age actually is 27...needless to say, jade was pushin it

Her exit was classic...I can't believe had the audacity to say the judges made a big mistake..and that her look was on another relm...lol. Then she said she wasn't arrogant. WHOOa.

May 17 06 09:00 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I concur the ending sucked, not very exciting compared the the previous finales. I like Danielle, though I would have liked to see Nenna go further than she did.

May 17 06 09:04 pm Link

Model

Naomi Jay

New York, New York, US

Am I the only one who thought Jade looked bad in pics? Hello, TRANNIE!!!

Danielle won becasue :
She comes out great in pics.
She has class (her Momma rasied her well)
didn't bad mouth the other models
really came through in bad adversities (hello; she rocked that elephant shot SICK!)
She takes direction and adlibs
She is funny..at least she has a perosnality.

Her speech...um, ever listen to Giselle speak? Last year's winner has a HORRIBLE speaking voice. The girl can get lessons!

Joanie was great but I dunno, she looks like a lot of other models.

May 17 06 09:08 pm Link

Model

7 Day Forum Suspension

Sheesh!!!!!!

I missed it.....oh well reruns will come in Handy big_smile

May 17 06 09:12 pm Link

Model

FFaTimah

Lathrup Village, Michigan, US

ANTM died after Eva won

May 17 06 09:12 pm Link

Model

Sandy Bee

Detroit, Michigan, US

Danielle took the most beautiful pics week after week. I am glad that she won. She may just prove most people wrong..............

The most interesting and Top Model so far is Eva the Diva.

May 17 06 09:16 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Dammit to hell, I haven't even watched it!

May 17 06 09:24 pm Link

Model

Yanique

BRONX, New York, US

Electra T wrote:

Her exit was classic...I can't believe had the audacity to say the judges made a big mistake..and that her look was on another relm...lol. Then she said she wasn't arrogant. WHOOa.

and can someone please explain to me what the hell that crazy bitch was snapping to during her exit..LMFAO!!...she was insane and should write her own dictionary b/c the words she made up throughout the entire show was classic...Jadeology..lmfao..

But I am glad Dannielle won, she's country as hell but she can work on it....

May 18 06 09:59 am Link

Model

Jayson R

Los Angeles, California, US

All I know is I can't get over that damn gap in Danielle's mouth, even after it was fixed, and that fricking accent.  Thank god for her looks, but she needs to stay in print work only, god help her if she has to do a commercial.  Joanie has classic beauty I def. was rooting for her.

May 18 06 10:22 am Link

Model

Kitina Thomas

San Antonio, Florida, US

Danielle is great and she can work with a speech therapist, Joanie was great too.  I think if she had been on Cycle 5 she would have won over last year's winner Nicole.  I didn't like her at all!

May 18 06 10:32 am Link

Model

Kitina Thomas

San Antonio, Florida, US

Electra T wrote:

I don't think they need a cut off age, besides Jade looked older then 26.  But, she is going to do well I am sure.

May 18 06 10:34 am Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Naomi Jay wrote:
Am I the only one who thought Jade looked bad in pics? Hello, TRANNIE!!!

Danielle won becasue :
She comes out great in pics.
She has class (her Momma rasied her well)
didn't bad mouth the other models
really came through in bad adversities (hello; she rocked that elephant shot SICK!)
She takes direction and adlibs
She is funny..at least she has a perosnality.

Her speech...um, ever listen to Giselle speak? Last year's winner has a HORRIBLE speaking voice. The girl can get lessons!

Joanie was great but I dunno, she looks like a lot of other models.

I completely agree!  I mean why is her country accent different from these foreign girls' accent?  They didn't bust on Nicole about her voice.  I would have been ok with Joanie winning, as long as it wasn't Jade.  My sister and I were dancing when they sent her home, so I missed whatever it was she said. 
Another thing about the accent, my dad is from Arkansas also, and he doesn't sound like it anymore because he went to a speech therapist; he felt it was important for people to not be distracted since he does a lot of speaking at his job.  And he was like 25 when he did it, so Danielle will be fine.

May 18 06 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Anderson

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Tiara LeAnne wrote:
.. I missed it .. I feel the same way about Jade though!! that girl HAS it! but shes a crazy person..lol

Top Models have to have consistency.  Jade would have been a liability to any sponser in my opinion.

May 18 06 12:18 pm Link

Model

-Katrina-

Yanique wrote:
and can someone please explain to me what the hell that crazy bitch was snapping to during her exit..LMFAO!!...she was insane and should write her own dictionary b/c the words she made up throughout the entire show was classic...Jadeology..lmfao..

But I am glad Dannielle won, she's country as hell but she can work on it....

Yea...about that snapping...I was originally trying to listen out for some faint music in the background...

and then i remembered....OH RIGHT....jade's a LUNATIC...

arg, my disdain for her is everlasting

May 18 06 12:20 pm Link

Model

Kristina Heaps

San Jose, California, US

So glad Jade didn't win, that girl was nuts! I didn't think danielle would win since they were constantly on her about her voice.

May 18 06 03:47 pm Link

Model

ErikaStankeviciute

Homer Glen, Illinois, US

I thought that Joanie would win and I still think that Joanie should've won because from the first shoot she did a great job and had so many unqiue looking looks, she just says America's Next Top Model and I can see her being one.

May 18 06 03:51 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Melissa Lynnette wrote:
I mean why is her country accent different from these foreign girls' accent?

Southern accents in modeling have a stereotype of being hickish( I can say hick, im part Kentucky!),,,,which does not help by adding that on top of the all models are dumb  stereotype. Foreign accents are considered exotic.

May 18 06 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

Southern accents in modeling have a stereotype of being hickish( I can say hick, im part Kentucky!),,,,which does not help by adding that on top of the all models are dumb  stereotype. Foreign accents are considered exotic.

Not just in modeling...

A country accent implies a separation from sophisticated civilization.  There's very little haute about eating vittles and huntin coon.

May 18 06 04:03 pm Link

Model

Vera van Munster

Belmont, North Carolina, US

I dont see why her accent matters. Not all models do commercial or film,etc. Usually they're just doing runway or having their photo taken and you can't tell by looking at someone what language they speak.Im glad she won. She's someone that any girl can relate to and thats what being a covergirl is all about. Im just suprised it took them that long to get rid of Jade. Iman is hard to understand because of her accent, but hell..obviously it didnt keep her from going places.

May 18 06 04:11 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

DeathbyNew-Wave wrote:
I dont see why her accent matters. Not all models do commercial or film,etc.

Part of the deal is that the winner will do Covergirl ads.

May 18 06 04:12 pm Link

Model

Vera van Munster

Belmont, North Carolina, US

Brian Diaz wrote:

A lot of models with crappy accents do commercials, she shouldnt be singled out. Im sure Im not the only one that mutes the tv when Kate Moss does a makeup commercial.

May 18 06 04:16 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Brian Diaz wrote:

Except, when was the last time you saw an ANTM winner do a Covergirl commercial that wasn't a "My life as a Covergirl" spot?

May 18 06 04:51 pm Link