Forums > General Industry > Danielle....America's Next Top Model?

Model

Krystin

Friendly, Maryland, US

I think Danielle's accent makes her easy to relate to, because you can tell that she really is just a normal person. In addition, she'll make a great role model for kids and teens who've been teased about the way they talk. I like Joanie, but Danielle deserved to win.

May 18 06 05:08 pm Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

I think Danielle will be just as successful, if not more, than Ruben Studdard...

And the only thing Joanie lost was the CoverGirl deal. We all know she's going to get signed anyway. Heck if no one wants to sign her, I will.

May 18 06 05:23 pm Link

Photographer

Designz By Galo

Freeport, Grand Bahama, Bahamas

Uh! Honestly nenna had it going on until she got pretty boring and wasn't really intriguing anymore and on top of that she got totally side tracked and was focusing on all the wrong things. OH AND THANK THE LORD THAT PSYCHO PATH DIDN'T WIN! But hey, regardless I still think that she is going to make it somewhere with her striking features, COME ON I mean let's admit it, She takes very beautiful pictures, its just that she was really to pompous but confused it with confidence. As for jonie hmmmm I didn't think she was going to make it to the final 2 if jade didn't try to explain her reason for her faults, it just was the last straw. Other than that I feel as if the competition would've been between danielle and jade. And I dont think jonei pics were as good as Jade nor Danielle's! She just had a boring look and her walk was really boring. CONGRATS TO DANIELLE SHE DESERVED IT! (All she has to do is work on her speech and she is going to make it far) She takes EXCELLENT photos and she has beautiful striking facial structures.

May 18 06 05:48 pm Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

I just loved jade I hope to see her somewhere down the road on a cover.

May 18 06 08:13 pm Link

Model

FFaTimah

Lathrup Village, Michigan, US

Why is her accent a big issue to some....If she wasnt on the show and she was chosen to be a cover girl without the world knowing who she is.......it woudnt even matter...

May 18 06 08:22 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Melissa Lynnette wrote:
Except, when was the last time you saw an ANTM winner do a Covergirl commercial that wasn't a "My life as a Covergirl" spot?

Exactly..when was the last time you saw an ANTM cover girl ad??? I gotta say there are models from Brazil and Eastern Europe right now who don't speak a word of English...its really strange listening to Adriana do a commercial in Brazil and then hearing her in a Maybalene(sp) commerical in the US. A lot of Brazilian-Americans make fun of her commercials because over here they barely let her speak a line. Accents are accents depending on where you go...most people think all British accents are "classy and posh" when many British actors over here have the equivalent of ghetto accents. Listen to Adriana Limas against Giseles, Anas or Alessandras..you can't tell who came from where or what type of socioeconomic class they came from. Unless you are unusually familar with the regions and dialects of Brazil..

Most makeup commercials are going to actresses more and more...Tyra kept complaining about the accent yet refused to provide her with a coach. Her accent is WAY better than Adrianne Curry's and yet hers didn't come close to jepodizing her win..

May 18 06 08:26 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Susan Verdugo

Los Angeles, California, US

ACTUALLY LAUGHING OUT LOUD... no courtesy LOL, here

ah, mr. diaz... you had me at huntin' COON LOL

classico domingo!!!
that was good -- yes yes finger licking variety!

(sides hurt)

-S

May 18 06 08:35 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Susan Verdugo

Los Angeles, California, US

And re: jade...

her image should be in SOME reference book under '3rd person' ...  as in EVER REFERRING TO THEMSELVES IN 3RD PERSON.  - SAID PERSON WAS WHISTLING, WHILE THE ONE ON SCREEN WAS SNAPPING ALL THE WAY TO THE ELEVATOR.

"Jade is going down" - Jade

May 18 06 08:42 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

I really think that Jade has some kind of mental issue...she doesn't seem right in the head.

May 18 06 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

I am happy for Danielle. Very nice person and nice demeanor throughout the whole show... (lol I taped all the episodes wink I just finished watching the final episode tonight:) although I saw this thread earlier lol

May 18 06 08:49 pm Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

Danielle is a sweetie and did deserve the win you just could not deny her presence when she walks into the scene. 

Regarding Jade you now some people just walk to a different beat but if you want truly remarkable images she is your girl.

May 18 06 08:55 pm Link

Photographer

FemmeArt

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

-Katrina- wrote:
You knew this thread was coming eventually...according to Tyra and gang, Danielle of Little Rock Arkansas is ANTM.

What do you all think of this?

I'll tell you my take. 1) its a shame Jade is such a damn lunetic because she did take great pictures, but like....the chick is simply CRAZY and is a know it all, so that wasnt gonna work

2) I think the finale was a little boring. The competition between Joanie and Danielle didnt seem stiff enough, or enticing...sitting on the edge of your seat like....

3) Sadly, I dont believe Danielle is going to do to good in the real world. Her fun personality and country grammar aren't going to take her far. Granted she could get some speaking classes, but I still believe her future looks bleek. And actually, now that I think about it, none of the ANTM girls are blowing the modeling industry away...

Eh, I dunno, just puttin my measly undeveloped opinion out there...what  y'all think?

I had not seen it yet.  Thanks a lot, jackass.

May 18 06 09:16 pm Link

Model

Deja LaRue

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I liked both of the finalists. Even though Joanie didn't win...she is still going to get signed by someone's agency. Personally, you can't tell someone at the last minute they need to change something that has been embedded in them from day one. Tyra needs to go somewhere sometimes with her demands. I'm also glad a chocolate sister, that doesn't look like she came from a starving country won. Just my opinion. Go Danielle

May 18 06 09:25 pm Link

Model

Yanique

BRONX, New York, US

Wynoka wrote:
I'm also glad a chocolate sister, that doesn't look like she came from a starving country won.

huh?  can you explain that?

May 19 06 08:59 am Link

Model

Yanique

BRONX, New York, US

Melissa Lynnette wrote:

Except, when was the last time you saw an ANTM winner do a Covergirl commercial that wasn't a "My life as a Covergirl" spot?

umm...well that is a commercial isn't it and I think it's more effective then the regular covergirl ads..I guess they figured since you've seen them "in reality" then they should do a "real" commercial...if that makes any sense....my 2 pennies anyway.

May 19 06 09:01 am Link

Photographer

Gems of Nature in N Atl

North Atlanta, Georgia, US

When they pulled it down to the final 3 I decided they blew it.
Time will tell

May 19 06 09:12 am Link

Photographer

Scott Evans

Cypress, California, US

Wrong choice yet again!

May 19 06 09:16 am Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

Deep down I was really rooting for Jade, lol.  She made the show so interesting with her quirky vocabulary. But I felt bad for her sometimes because she has her own insecurities but I really think underneath it all she's the type of person who could be your bestest smile friend  smile  She should get her own Jade Show .. smile She is one unique individual. Good for her smile

May 19 06 09:32 am Link

Model

Danielle A

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

I loved Joanie and would have been happy to see her win, BUT Danielle is 5'11" and only 20, where Joanie is 5'9" and 24.  When you look at it from that perspective, I think they made the right choice. 

The girls both had great shots, were nice people, didn't complain, and did their job whether they were feeling good or not.  So the decision has to come down to details like age and height.

Marilyn
Danielle's mum

May 19 06 12:23 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Melissa Lynnette wrote:

That's what I was thinking. All the covergirl cormercials go to the celebrity covergirl spokesmodel like queen latifah.

May 19 06 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

Andre Knudsen

REGO PARK, New York, US

Ain't isn't a word, aren't is smile

Electra T wrote:

aren't ain't a word??? wink

May 19 06 12:30 pm Link

Model

-Katrina-

Jeff Marsh wrote:
When they pulled it down to the final 3 I decided they blew it.
Time will tell

well, i guess in that case, outta the girls on the show who would u have wanted the top 3 and the winner to be?

May 19 06 04:00 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Yanique wrote:

umm...well that is a commercial isn't it and I think it's more effective then the regular covergirl ads..I guess they figured since you've seen them "in reality" then they should do a "real" commercial...if that makes any sense....my 2 pennies anyway.

It's not a real commercial.  It only runs one time, once a week during one show.  If I had never seen ANTM before I wouldn't even know it existed.  But Molly Sims' Covergirl spot is a real commercial.  She's on more than one channel, it could come on at any time.

May 20 06 06:15 pm Link

Model

DeannaSB

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

Danielle deserved to win because she was beautiful, she had her teeth fixed even when she didnt want to and she was up for anything without complaints.Jade was a know it all and quite frankly I just would not want to work with a person who constantly brought negative energy to a job.QUESTION???Why havnt you people watch ANTM yet???It aired like 4 days ago...come on people this is our industry.I bet you could tell me who got kicked off of American Idol this week!!!

May 20 06 06:31 pm Link

Model

Vainity

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I loved danielle from the start, i was suprised when she won but at the same time i was extreamly happy. I was even more happy when crazy jade got kicked off, that girl is spun.

I think danielle will do okay, but all of her pictures do kind of have the same look. eaither way i happy happy she won.

May 20 06 06:34 pm Link

Model

Danna Molfetas

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I just dont even understand why they send home Nenna i think she was the prettiest and took the best pictures...

xoxo
danna

May 20 06 06:41 pm Link

Model

DeannaSB

They sent home Nenna because her heart just wasnt in it...she was more concerned with her boyfriend then her opportunity, something she should have thought of.Just because she took a good picture dosnt mean anything esspecially when itcomes to the heart!!!

May 20 06 06:51 pm Link

Model

Amanda Jeanne

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

DeannaSB wrote:
QUESTION???Why havnt you people watch ANTM yet???It aired like 4 days ago...come on people this is our industry.

................. are you joking?

I admit it can be an enjoyable show, and they have some interesting shoots -- but watching a bunch of women argue with eachother hardly has any effect on my work as a model.

May 20 06 06:51 pm Link

Model

DeannaSB

have you looked up at the other comments ...they are all freaking cause the poor girl brought up that Danielle won...if you choose not to watch ANTM thats up to you but when you do watch it dont get upset if someone starts a convo about something that happened 4 days ago

May 20 06 06:56 pm Link

Model

Ebby is Pink

Brooklyn, New York, US

Naomi Jay wrote:
Am I the only one who thought Jade looked bad in pics? Hello, TRANNIE!!!

Danielle won becasue :
She comes out great in pics.
She has class (her Momma rasied her well)
didn't bad mouth the other models
really came through in bad adversities (hello; she rocked that elephant shot SICK!)
She takes direction and adlibs
She is funny..at least she has a perosnality.

Her speech...um, ever listen to Giselle speak? Last year's winner has a HORRIBLE speaking voice. The girl can get lessons!

Joanie was great but I dunno, she looks like a lot of other models.

Of course I agree with the lovely Naomi. But yes, I think the show is getting a tad boring. I didn't really get to watch the show this season (which wasn't a big deal for me) but I actually got to meet MR. Jay about a month ago, I told him I had gone out for the show.

Yes, Jade was a bit much and too old. I can't believe she made it into the top 3.

May 20 06 07:07 pm Link

Model

Amanda Jeanne

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

DeannaSB wrote:
have you looked up at the other comments ...they are all freaking cause the poor girl brought up that Danielle won...if you choose not to watch ANTM thats up to you but when you do watch it dont get upset if someone starts a convo about something that happened 4 days ago

yeah, that part I understand. She feels bad about it, and its not earth-shattering enough for a mod to change the title of the thread.

May 20 06 07:12 pm Link

Model

-Katrina-

DeannaSB wrote:

Um...i dont think you peeped the start date...I started this like...the night of the show like a 1/2 an hour after it went off...

All the ppl I spoiled it for have a right to be upset, so uh...hold ur horses over there

*EDIT* Oh...I guess the like, time and date or origin doesnt show up on here...well...yea, once again, I started it damn near right after the show ended, so...that sqashes that I suppose

May 21 06 08:41 am Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

May 27 06 11:42 am Link

Hair Stylist

Hair by Nedjetti

New York, New York, US

Naomi Jay wrote:
Am I the only one who thought Jade looked bad in pics? Hello, TRANNIE!!!

Danielle won becasue :
She comes out great in pics.
She has class (her Momma rasied her well)
didn't bad mouth the other models
really came through in bad adversities (hello; she rocked that elephant shot SICK!)
She takes direction and adlibs
She is funny..at least she has a perosnality.

Her speech...um, ever listen to Giselle speak? Last year's winner has a HORRIBLE speaking voice. The girl can get lessons!

Joanie was great but I dunno, she looks like a lot of other models.

EXACTLY ^^^^

and to me Joanie didn't come across well in her photos, she was forced down our throats, it is what it is

May 27 06 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

Electra T wrote:
http://community.livejournal.com/_antm6/116668.html#cutid1

her new pics with Tyra

https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/Youngyoshi3989/newdanielle44qs.jpg

https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/Youngyoshi3989/newdanielle39fl.jpg

https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/Youngyoshi3989/newdanielle21sz.jpg

I think she deserves the win. I've always liked her body proportions and when she and Joanie walked down that aisle together to face the judges for the last time, it was clear that Danielle had the upper hand. I'm glad for her. She looks stunning.

May 27 06 04:51 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Hair by Nedjetti

New York, New York, US

for the record 'reality tv' , the image they want to project of you lies in their hands...

i was on a reality show last year called Making It Big, on Oxygen  http://www.electricartists.com/makingitbig/assets.html and they wished they could've showed me in a negative light, but hey couldn't b/c I gave them nothing BUT positivity, but trust me they tried...

for example when the winner and myself were standing to receive who won, I reacted positively, hugged the winner, smilled, etc,  and the director ask to do it over, they did NOT want to see that, but I gave it to them the same way as I know all about how 'tv' works, lol...

so with Nnena, they may have showed the clips of her on the phone with her boyfriend to give the illusion that her heart wasn't in it, to give the viewers 'justifiable' reasons for her EARLY departure...

think about it, how versatile is Nnena suppose to be with a bald head and stupid wigs that look like wigs...

I just want to pass on some FACT when it comes to reality shows, don't believe what you see, but know the truth always makes the cut

just as in my reality show we were to add weft extenion hair they gave us personally and was told we couldn't use any other hair, but interestingly when I saw the entire show, they allowed the winner to use his OWN hair from his bag to style the two models hair during our individual competition photo shoot, so trust, you the viewers wouldn't have picked that up by watching, but it's no joke that the winners are pre-chosen and everyone else involved are set up to loose... 

Nedjetti 
www.Nedjetti.com

May 27 06 05:11 pm Link

Model

Destiny22

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

I was so happy to see Danielle win.  She's a beautiful girl, takes direction well, and works hard under harsh conditions (dehydration is no walk in the park).  Besides Nnenna, I think Danielle took the best pictures consistently.  Joanie had a pretty face, but not a dynamic look and her runway walk was boring.  And don't get me started on Jade's psychotic behavior lol.  She was the comic relief on the show but definitely not America's Next Top Model.  I'm sure she'll do fine in the modeling world, though.  In fact, she did a few spreads in a Men's Magazine (sorry I can't remember which one) before she even got on the show.

May 27 06 11:43 pm Link

Model

-Katrina-

Destiny22 wrote:
I was so happy to see Danielle win.  She's a beautiful girl, takes direction well, and works hard under harsh conditions (dehydration is no walk in the park).  Besides Nnenna, I think Danielle took the best pictures consistently.  Joanie had a pretty face, but not a dynamic look and her runway walk was boring.  And don't get me started on Jade's psychotic behavior lol.  She was the comic relief on the show but definitely not America's Next Top Model.  I'm sure she'll do fine in the modeling world, though.  In fact, she did a few spreads in a Men's Magazine (sorry I can't remember which one) before she even got on the show.

damn, she did Men's Mag and they still let her on, Im currently fillin out the app (2 months in advance cause I figure its gonna myself that long) and they like, dont want you to have done any national campaigns, and they make it seem like they want you 2 be model clueless. But I also heard that Joanie had went to Barbizon, so, i guess thats not all true

May 28 06 09:55 am Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/Youngyoshi3989/an6.jpg

https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/Youngyoshi3989/an1.jpg

https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/Youngyoshi3989/an5.jpg

https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/Youngyoshi3989/an4.jpg

https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/Youngyoshi3989/an3.jpg

https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/Youngyoshi3989/an2.jpg

ANTM has this way of making the most modely girls look unmodely.

Jun 27 06 04:31 pm Link

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

...An EQUESTRIAN HELMET with a "showgirl" outfit?! That's ridiculous. They'd get better ratings from a show titled "Worst Runway Cliches"!

Jun 27 06 06:24 pm Link