Forums > General Industry > What NOT to say to a photographer.....

Photographer

1972 Productions

Cebu, Central Visayas, Philippines

phcorcoran wrote:
Why not respond with something polite, businesslike and less shameful, such as:

Thank you for your interest in modeling for me but I am not advertising for paid models at this time.

Pissing off, insulting, even being rude to models at a shoot is just bad form, they're working jsut the same as us.

Personally I don't care if you, as a photographer wants a rep as an ass hole or other bodily part, except for the part where people start to class us all under the same umbrella as after all we are all in the same business.

As a lifestyle photographer I can not survive without models, wardrobe artists, MUA's etc.  If I work with one that's a pain in the ass at the end of the day I simply say 'Thanks for coming'  and that's possibly the last thing i'm ever going to say to them.

Regardless of how dumb some models, and even some photographers can be can we not all strive a little harder to raise the proffessionalism of the business?

In short all i'm saying is play nice as one persones behaviour reflects on the whole industry.

Best wishes all.  Darren.

Apr 21 06 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

Dave Krueger

Huntsville, Alabama, US

gsvb wrote:
I still havent grasped how you can call yourself a Model or a photographer
Unless that is your sole source of Income..

A photographer is a person who photographs stuff.

Apr 21 06 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

ZKWC

Malibu, California, US

DigitalSwede wrote:
I believe in acting professionial at all times.... to a degree... Then again THIS site isnt only for professionials, so for those that aren't why must the pros assume that they should act like it?

To lead by example.

Apr 21 06 04:25 pm Link

Photographer

Steven Bigler

Schenectady, New York, US

Michael Anthony wrote:
i happened to catch that episode after months of not watching, and it was hilarious how bad that actress treated them... although i have done that a couple times when thinking out loud...

Michael... even funnier is the fact that THAT model / actress (Deprise) I shot when she was 15... and again when she was 19... her greatest claim to fame as a model was being the "L.A.GEAR" shoe girl... and alot of random fake boob lingerie crap.

So once again... that show has similar "EXPERTS" telling the newbies... well crap to be frank... they are just telling them crap!

"You must not blink when hanging upside down in a water tank... how do you ever expect to make it?"   I just gasp at the crap they spew as "the norm"!!

Apr 21 06 06:40 pm Link

Photographer

EAD Productions

New York, New York, US

Stockstill Images wrote:
The Bridges I burn will light my way.

LOL, I am definitely going to remember that quote!!!!! Stockstill, I don't know if you made it up, but it's hilarious!
I feel for you steve... the "correct" answer which I would have used, would have been
.... "Please reread the post/ad. There are more details there that you missed"
(Much Love),
Steven

LOL.... But your responses, have been much craftier, and I'll live vicariously through you. I wish we could send frying pans to the head through emails!! smile .... (and for you people who are sooo over sensitive, who take that as violence, it's solely a cliche and meant as nothing more)

Apr 21 06 10:43 pm Link

Model

Rebeca Misha

Detroit, Michigan, US

gsvb wrote:
who cares
far too many very ordinary photographers are way too jumped up on here
Not true of you Bigler...by the way..:-)
This also goes for Models...
I still havent grasped how you can call yourself a Model or a photographer
Unless that is your sole source of Income..

Anyway...

who cares   ...how you pay your bills?
I work in a salon,  I'm a full-time nail technician. Part-time, as a secondary income, I do massage. I'm certified, I do get paid an hourly rate.  It's not my SOLE source of income though... does that mean I'm not really a massage therapist?  So what does that make me?  a "GWH"  girl with hands...?

seriously, I can't believe how pretentious some people in this business are.... 

N E WAYZ....

i do agree... too many jumped up people on here... can't we all just get along? smile

Apr 21 06 10:54 pm Link

Model

Model Mel

Dave Krueger wrote:

I'm a mortgage consultant as well , does that make me any less of a model because I pay my bills?  As for the model who implied you were going to pay her , good comeback she needed a reality check ! ... Too funny ! smile

Apr 21 06 10:55 pm Link

Photographer

Steven Bigler

Schenectady, New York, US

Rebeca wrote:
So what does that make me?  a "GWH"  girl with hands...?

Hey... I have a job for you!!!!!!!!

Apr 21 06 10:57 pm Link

Photographer

Rich Drinkard

Chandler, Arizona, US

Still being contacted by the flakes Steven.

Good to see you online...

Apr 21 06 10:58 pm Link

Model

Rebeca Misha

Detroit, Michigan, US

Steven Bigler wrote:
Hey... I have a job for you!!!!!!!!

very original... here's my response:

"Hi, Im def. interested. I'll be in LA soon and would love a job. Please let me know and I would need some sort of compensation since Im coming in from out of town. My rate is 65/hr. Thanks!
xoxo Rebeca"

wink

Apr 21 06 11:03 pm Link

Photographer

Dave Krueger

Huntsville, Alabama, US

Melany Wells wrote:

Dave Krueger wrote:

I'm a mortgage consultant as well , does that make me any less of a model because I pay my bills?  As for the model who implied you were going to pay her , good comeback she needed a reality check ! ... Too funny ! smile

I'm an engineer.  How he hell else could I afford to pay all these damn models?  lol

Apr 21 06 11:10 pm Link

Photographer

Christine Cox

Los Angeles, California, US

Steven Bigler wrote:
Yeah .... I'm sure I'll be accused of being a "dick"... "asshole"... or some similar body part!!!

Nah! Someone should tell her shes better off looking stupid than opening her mouth and proving it ;0 hehe
Best,
C

Apr 23 06 04:40 am Link