Forums > General Industry > So, now I'm a drug addict?

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

There is a certain casting call floating around right now in the forums, I responed, via email, and was met with this:

HIM: sorry I can not open zip files

If you could send one or two face photos (only)

jpg

Me: Those were jpg...Not sure why they are zip files for you. I will try again.
I am on MM, that is where I saw this casting, maybe I could just send
a profile link for you?

https://modelmayhem.com/pics.php?id=28713

HIM:With photo files like the one you sent me called Pothead and your email address called Eat evil tok  I dont think I can work with you.

Thanks anyway

Me: Eat evil it ok, is an anagram for my name, Nemi. The shot
titled pot head, is a picture with a cooking
pot on my head. I sent it because I have very little makeup on, unlike
most of my shots...It's a shame you had to jump to conclusions.

Funny part is, I am the poster child for staying clean, never done a drug in my life. He was just too lazy to open the picture and too stupid to read my email address correctly.

Apr 19 06 10:42 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Alot of people say that I'm "Addicted"...
      ... but for some reason, they always forget to pronounce the "ted" part of the word.

Apr 19 06 10:50 am Link

Model

Sirensong

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Nemi wrote:
There is a certain casting call floating around right now in the forums, I responed, via email, and was met with this:

jpg

a profile link for you?

HIM:With photo files like the one you sent me called Pothead and your email address called Eat evil tok  I dont think I can work with you.

Thanks anyway

Funny part is, I am the poster child for staying clean, never done a drug in my life. He was just too lazy to open the picture and too stupid to read my email address correctly.

Be thankful.
You could have actually turned up to work with him before you found this out o_0
Its very much his loss and I bet he will kick himself in the arse when he realises.

Apr 19 06 10:56 am Link

Model

Rachel Dashae

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

His loss. His stupidity. His ignorance. It'll come back and bite him on the ass one day.

Apr 19 06 10:57 am Link

Photographer

groupw

Maricopa, Arizona, US

I agree. Very much his loss. Better to find out he's an idiot now instead of during or after the shoot...

Apr 19 06 10:57 am Link

Photographer

Cassandra Panek

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

hahahaha katie you're my hero. seriously.

Apr 19 06 11:00 am Link

Model

CristinaLex

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

OMG ...he is very stupid and very judgemental...maybe hes the pothead that should EAT EVIL IT .....OK....you know ur way better than that smile

Apr 19 06 11:00 am Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

What a jack a$$....

I totally agree that it is his loss. Who wouldn't want to work with the infamous Katie L.

I'm just waiting for her to visit Florida so I can get my name on the waiting list. smile

Apr 19 06 11:04 am Link

Photographer

Benjamen McGuire

Portland, Oregon, US

I like your pothead pic. Mamma says cookware is the devil though.

Apr 19 06 11:13 am Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Come on now! Everyone knows the classic pothead joke..I did a "wok" head joke once, but all the asian kids at the hand ball courts chased me away with chopsticks. I keed I keed!

Apr 19 06 11:17 am Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

What kind of person can't open a simple Zip file?

Apr 19 06 11:39 am Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Yeah, Katie is one of my heroes as well. If the dude can't figure out a zip file, be bothered to read your email or even look at the image you sent he's obviously too stupid to work with you. I totally love the "pot head" photo; he's shows a great deal of personality and your expression it's perfect.

Maybe stupid people shouldn't be photographers. Hey... just sayin'.

-P-

Apr 19 06 12:19 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

markcomp wrote:
What kind of person can't open a simple Zip file?

The same kind of person that totally misreads my email addy.

Apr 19 06 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Meyer

Cincinnati, Iowa, US

Nemi wrote:

jpg

a profile link for you?

Thanks anyway

I know Im going to be in the minority on this one.

If I was having a casting call and looking for a professional model I might look at the title of your image and think it was very unprofessional of you to name the image the way you did. I have no Idea why he couldn’t open the file but just going by the image name I don’t blame him for not wanting to hire you.

Yes you could say im over reacting or im not giving you a far shake. But when you are receiving dozens of emails from models sometime you don’t have a chance to judge everyone fairly. You go by your first impression.

Sure the title Pot Head doesn’t seem like a big deal to most of us but you never know what kind of person is on the receiving end of your email. Maybe he is a huge anti drug / christen / soccer mom wanabe. The point is you offended him in some way and that is why you didn’t get the job.

You should learn from this experience and instead for blaming the other guy realize that maybe you should change the way you conduct your own business. 

This is why you should always conduct yourself in the most professional way possible at all times.

I do believe you are one of the most attractive models on the site, you have a very fresh look and a great port. Im sure you would have done a great job for this guy but we will never know because you chose to use a drug reference in the title of you photo and right or wrong the guy doing the hiring was offended by it.

Apr 19 06 02:33 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

I don't think I could make it through a shoot with someone with no sense of humor, anyway.

Apr 19 06 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

Webspinner Studios

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

theda wrote:
I don't think I could make it through a shoot with someone with no sense of humor, anyway.

It appears that a humor-stealing gremlin may be infesting this site.

Apr 19 06 03:07 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

~Krista~ wrote:
It appears that a humor-stealing gremlin may be infesting this site.

Yup... Good old times when we had a blast each day are passing into shadow. You don't see old crew posting as often any more. Friggin wannabies infested these forums.

Apr 19 06 03:12 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

theda wrote:

Agreed.

Apr 19 06 03:14 pm Link

Model

Adrienne Aurora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Katie is a pot head, Katie is a pot head LMAO.

I've been told my email is unprofessional too. xoxoadrienne. What do you think?

Apr 19 06 03:40 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

You are not a drug addict. You are a drug.

Apr 19 06 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

Webspinner Studios

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Oh, and for the record, i am a Lesbian. In the same way that Katie is a drug addict....

Apr 19 06 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

Webspinner Studios

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Oh, you know what, I am more of a lesbian than katie is a drug addict. Nevermind....anyone want to work with me?

Apr 19 06 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Nemi wrote:
He was just too lazy to open the picture and too stupid to read my email address correctly.

While I can't help chuckling at the irony of Katie's situation, it is understandable from his point of view.

Three points:

1.  I know Katie didn't zip her files (the problem may be with the mail software she uses), but they ended up that way.  When he said he "can't" open them it may well  not mean he is too lazy or too stupid. but rather that he has more common sense than to open compressed files and risk the possibility of a virus inside.  Many companies (and individuals) have policies against opening zip files, for good reason.  You need to make sure that your files are delivered as you intend them to be (test it with a variety of different kinds of recipients), or that if you have a URL to refer them to, that it is to the images themselves, not to a website.

2.  MM is fine for networking with other Internet denizens, but not an appropriate site to send a professional casting director to.  If you are going to do that, have a good, clean personal website of your own, with your own domain.  You can do it for much less than $100 per year.

3.  We hear a lot of commentary about people who are offended (or turned off) by poor spelling and grammar.  Others, particularly Corporate others, are every bit as likely to be turned off by a screen name or user name that doesn't sound professional.  They want to pay big bucks for a professional model.  If your presentation sounds amateur, they are less likely to hire you.  Yes, I know that it sounds trivial and picky, but your choices are to learn or not to.  You don't get to set their rules.

Apr 19 06 04:00 pm Link

Model

Pie Bear

Island Harbour, Anguilla, Anguilla

~Krista~ wrote:
Oh, you know what, I am more of a lesbian than katie is a drug addict. Nevermind....anyone want to work with me?

I do!

Apr 19 06 04:02 pm Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

Nemi wrote:

HIM:[i] sorry I can not open zip files

Maybe he wanted a zipless fuck.

Apr 19 06 04:03 pm Link

Model

Pie Bear

Interested!

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Humourlessness = sad

Photographer

Webspinner Studios

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Pie Bear wrote:

I do!

you realize that you may have to pose with someone other than the poodle...the poodle is not available even though Mhana wants to rescue it from its pink ridiculousness. I think it is cute. And it was in my backyard...

Apr 19 06 04:06 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Raveney

Miami, Florida, US

That is soooooo funny!!!! HA guess he's never worked in the fashion industry!

Apr 19 06 04:10 pm Link

Model

Pie Bear

~Krista~ wrote:

you realize that you may have to pose with someone other than the poodle...the poodle is not available even though Mhana wants to rescue it from its pink ridiculousness. I think it is cute. And it was in my backyard...

Maybe you could get Katie to pose with me!  big_smile

Apr 19 06 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

~Krista~ wrote:
Oh, and for the record, i am a Lesbian.

You are what you eat wink

Apr 19 06 04:16 pm Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

lmao Eat evil tok. That's good.

Isn't it toke with an E?

Apr 19 06 04:34 pm Link

Model

_kate

New York, New York, US

Well, I get why he said what he said, in the same way I get all those other one-sided arguements.
You'll have plenty other opportunities.  Just laugh it off and sum it up to another one of those people that jump to conclusions and can't take a joke.  Like Theda said, I wouldn't really want to shoot with someone that serious anyways.

smile

Apr 19 06 04:42 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

MarkMarek wrote:

Yup... Good old times when we had a blast each day are passing into shadow. You don't see old crew posting as often any more. Friggin wannabies infested these forums.

That's number three, stop being a pussy and answer my question. What is it you think I "wanna be"?

TXPhotog wrote:
2.  MM is fine for networking with other Internet denizens, but not an appropriate site to send a professional casting director to.  If you are going to do that, have a good, clean personal website of your own, with your own domain.  You can do it for much less than $100 per year.

This was an MM casting call. So I wasn't passing my MM page off on a casting director, I sent him my MM link only after trying to send him pictures twice by email, and I only sent him an email off MM in the first place to avoid getting lost in the flood of  "OMG IM LIKE INTERSTD PICK ME I WILL BE SO SEXY FO RYOU" replies in the casting call forum.

Pie Bear wrote:
Maybe you could get Katie to pose with me!  big_smile

Soon dahhhling, soon.

Kitapanda wrote:
lmao Eat evil tok. That's good.

Isn't it toke with an E?

Yea toke is with an E...people just see what they want to see.

Apr 19 06 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Katie...

I actually prefer your towelhead image over your pothead image...

But I guess tha is because I prefer my pots on the stove..

My mother was probably the only women I knew, who could cook carrots and, peas in the same pot.

(And if you dont get that joke.. I am not going to esplain it.)

Apr 19 06 05:29 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher b Smyth

Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

Just don't start dealing ok lol, well yes his loss and as some mentioned maybe hes the druggie.  just forget about the loser and concentrate on the others

Apr 19 06 05:29 pm Link

Photographer

ADG Photography

Calhoun, Georgia, US

Mikel Featherston wrote:
You are not a drug addict. You are a drug.

Yes.  I am addicted.  To Katie!

Apr 19 06 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

its not the drugs or the play on words.....
that may have been the excuse, but i don't think the photog was being honest with you....

Apr 19 06 05:33 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
that may have been the excuse, but i don't think the photog was being honest with you....

That makes no sense though, he didn't even see my pictures, so it couldn't have been my look.

Apr 19 06 05:35 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:

Nemi wrote:
That makes no sense though, he didn't even see my pictures, so it couldn't have been my look.

how did he know about the pot head thingie?
and its not your look...you're adorable

https://i.imgur.com/m8TQi.png

Apr 19 06 05:37 pm Link