Forums > General Industry > So, now I'm a drug addict?

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
how did he know about the pot head thingie?

On my computer the shot is labeled "pothead"

Apr 19 06 05:53 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Apr 19 06 06:00 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
PM

got it...but why not just a generic turn down...

Apr 19 06 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

perhaps you did, just what they intended....to persue the matter further...
then they dont have to be the bad guy....

https://i.imgur.com/m8TQi.png

Apr 19 06 06:38 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
perhaps you did, just what they intended....to persue the matter further...
then they dont have to be the bad guy....

I am a model and an actress, I am used to being told No...I am not used to weird assumptions. gr.

Apr 19 06 06:42 pm Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Scott Meyer wrote:
I know Im going to be in the minority on this one.

If I was having a casting call and looking for a professional model I might look at the title of your image and think it was very unprofessional of you to name the image the way you did. I have no Idea why he couldn’t open the file but just going by the image name I don’t blame him for not wanting to hire you.

Yes you could say im over reacting or im not giving you a far shake. But when you are receiving dozens of emails from models sometime you don’t have a chance to judge everyone fairly. You go by your first impression.

Sure the title Pot Head doesn’t seem like a big deal to most of us but you never know what kind of person is on the receiving end of your email. Maybe he is a huge anti drug / christen / soccer mom wanabe. The point is you offended him in some way and that is why you didn’t get the job.

You should learn from this experience and instead for blaming the other guy realize that maybe you should change the way you conduct your own business. 

This is why you should always conduct yourself in the most professional way possible at all times.

I agree with you.
For instance, I will never work with a model that types like a three year old or can't spell to save their life. I feel that it's a show of their mentality, and who wants to conduct business with someone like that?

So for all you models with these weird e-mail addresses and screen names, Yahoo allows you to make free e-mail accounts, please choose professional names and type like you have some type of educational background past 8th grade, it'll take you a long way in this business.

Apr 19 06 06:57 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

BCI Photo wrote:

I agree with you.
For instance, I will never work with a model that types like a three year old or can't spell to save their life. I feel that it's a show of their mentality, and who wants to conduct business with someone like that?

So for all you models with these weird e-mail addresses and screen names, Yahoo allows you to make free e-mail accounts, please choose professional names and type like you have some type of educational background past 8th grade, it'll take you a long way in this business.

Hey Hey, hold the phone. I am NOT the person to be slapping with the bad english label.

Apr 19 06 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

theda wrote:
I don't think I could make it through a shoot with someone with no sense of humor, anyway.

you would soooooooooooooooo enjoy shooting with me!!!

Apr 19 06 07:22 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Nemi wrote:

Hey Hey, hold the phone. I am NOT the person to be slapping with the bad english label.

stands on the sidelines...ohhhhhhhh nooooooooo he diiiiiiUUUUUUUUnt*

Apr 19 06 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

BCI Photo wrote:

I agree with you.

Does that apply to photographers?  I wonder if [email protected] is available?

Apr 19 06 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Nemi wrote:

I was speaking in general.

Apr 19 06 09:19 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

markcomp wrote:
What kind of person can't open a simple Zip file?

That's what *I* was wondering, LOL!

Even Mac users should have some sort of archive app that's compatible...

Apr 20 06 01:03 am Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

BCI Photo wrote:

I agree with you.

Yahoo also has a spell checker built in.

Apr 20 06 03:05 am Link

Photographer

Webspinner Studios

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

I guess firefox does too...but I am too lazy to use spellchecker for my multitude of posts...I am just happy I was blessed with decent spelling and grammar. It is amazing to me how many people NEED to use grammar and spell check...It is good to have around, but I just never do it.

Apr 20 06 03:07 am Link

Photographer

RED Photographic

BCI Photo wrote:

I agree with you.

If a model is suitable for the job in hand, and you want to use that model, then surely, provided he/she can sign his/her name on the Model Release, it doesn't matter what they call themselves or how they spell.

I won't work with a model who doesn't turn up.  But if a model is absolutely stunning and I really want the pics, then I might reschedule.

When it comes to making money, making money is the most important consideration.

Apr 20 06 03:14 am Link

Model

The Thorny Rose

Chicago, Illinois, US

C R Photography wrote:

You are what you eat wink

Meow....

Apr 20 06 08:02 am Link