Forums > General Industry > Big Butt Backlash?

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Ransom J wrote:

Udo the club and the videos and mags are two different outlets.  you know this as well as i.

That's true... yet, I believe that many of the videos (not just the major stars, but the private small groups on public access channels, e.g. here in Brooklyn) simply carry over what the "lifestyle" in the clubs is... especially when those artists shoot their videos in clubs with the gals dancing...

Apr 10 06 04:07 pm Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Ransom J wrote:

Thank you.  And none of those vids had your "taloned, gold teeth, bad weave" FEMALES casted in it.   So as i said you couldn't do it.  I'll just assume you watch TV with gold teeth glasses on that magically apply fronts and bad weave to models in random videos LOL.

Oh you're RIGHT! I forgot about that!!!
*goes back to being a racist stereotyping snooty snotty uppity elitist white girl*

Better?

Apr 10 06 04:08 pm Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

UdoR wrote:

That's true... yet, I believe that many of the videos (not just the major stars, but the private small groups on public access channels, e.g. here in Brooklyn) simply carry over what the "lifestyle" in the clubs is... especially when those artists shoot their videos in clubs with the gals dancing...

Oh holy crap.

I  thought I imagined those women! O.O

Apr 10 06 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Ransom J wrote:

Thank you.  And none of those vids had your "taloned, gold teeth, bad weave" FEMALES casted in it.   So as i said you couldn't do it.  I'll just assume you watch TV with gold teeth glasses on that magically apply fronts and bad weave to models in random videos LOL.

Did you ever see BET's "Uncut" at 3am to 4am EST???

Apr 10 06 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

shimmer wrote:

Oh you're RIGHT! I forgot about that!!!
*goes back to being a racist stereotyping snooty snotty uppity elitist white girl*

Better?

LOL whoooa hold your head there for a minute.  I think you are MISINFORMED.  i think you are speaking without proper knowledge but i don't imply nor to I think you are racists.  Jump out of your zone defense.  I'm not pressing the ball down court LOL.

Apr 10 06 04:10 pm Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Ransom J wrote:

LOL whoooa hold your head there for a minute.  I think you are MISINFORMED.  i think you are speaking without proper knowledge but i don't imply nor to I think you are racists.  Jump out of your zone defense.  I'm not pressing the ball down court LOL.

oh no.
The implication was QUITE clear in the vein of your posts.

*shrug*

Not that I care...but the implication was there.
So much so that someone ghosting the thread actually IMd me and asked me why you thought I was being racist...when I wasn't. When I ACTUALLY was commenting on how sad it is that the stereotype is fed by the mainstream artists like it is.

Apr 10 06 04:12 pm Link

Photographer

Fiyah LP

Hartford, Connecticut, US

small buts went out with the light skin men lol. too bad i was too young to witness the light skin men era.

Apr 10 06 04:12 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

UdoR wrote:

We are touting public access and BET's uncut now to be MAINSTREAM.  I could have sworn that was the brunt of this argument was about MAINSTREAM outlets.

LOL.

I guess I can now use "Harry's Weekend Hoedown:  Tobaccy Spittin', Dancin' And a' Twistin'" On channel ten public access to stereotype the going's on of most country music now.

LMAO

Apr 10 06 04:13 pm Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

UdoR wrote:

My fav uncut video is that Nelly one~ It must be your ass cause it aint your face ~TIP DRILL...LMAO

Plus Obsession is just unreal..she does some serious..Ohh never mind..thats for off topic dicussion

Apr 10 06 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

shimmer wrote:
oh no.
The implication was QUITE clear in the vein of your posts.

*shrug*

Not that I care...but the implication was there.
So much so that someone ghosting the thread actually IMd me and asked me why you thought I was being racist...when I wasn't. When I ACTUALLY was commenting on how sad it is that the stereotype is fed by the mainstream artists like it is.

Someone ghosting this thread was quite WRONG as to my implications, just as you are now.  My posts implicate that you are assigning a stereotype without proper mainstream reliable backing to your argument.  No more no less.  If i wanted to call you racists TRUST I'd have done it in he first post.

Apr 10 06 04:14 pm Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Ransom J wrote:

Sopmeone ghostig this thread was quite WONR as to my implications as you are now.  My posts implicate that you are assigning a stereotype without proper mainstream reliable backing to your argument.  No more no less.  If i wanted to call you racists TRUST I'd have done it in he first post.

*shrug* Ok. Right. Got it. Thanks for setting me straight. I feel so much better now.

Apr 10 06 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Ransom J wrote:

We are touting public access and BET's uncut now to be MAINSTREAM.  I could have sworn that was the brunt of this argument was about MAINSTREAM outlets.

LOL.

I guess I can now use "Harry's Weekend Hoedown:  Tobaccy Spittin', Dancin' And a' Twistin'" On channel ten public access to stereotype the going's on of most country music now.

LMAO

LOL... well... I must have missed part of the discussion about "mainstream"... because I am with kinda one foot in that industry and have even shot "fashionshows" at such events, it may appear for me more "mainstream" or "normal"... Then again, beautiful sistas look down at those girls and use usually only one word to describe them "Gettho"... I am sure you head that too... LOL

Apr 10 06 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Isys Entertainment wrote:

My fav uncut video is that Nelly one~ It must be your ass cause it aint your face ~TIP DRILL...LMAO

I love "Tip Drill"... and that tight gal in the blue bikini and that diva attitude in her face... I remember that one... lot's of humor and butts in all shapes and sizes... big_smile

Apr 10 06 04:19 pm Link

Model

TC Hamilton

Dallas, Texas, US

LegworkPhotography wrote:
The fact of the matter is Black Men as always preferered the (Azz)drum and our Caucasian brotha's prefer the rack...big_smile

I beg to differ with this comment, because ..I have dated, talked to, been hit on, etc. by MANY Caucasian men; proffessionals, college students, working class, (no thugs though) who have been in awe over my derriere. Whenever I mention working out, or "losing weight" in any context, I am always discouraged by them as Sir Mix A Lot Said (here we go again lol) "...You can do side bends or sit-ups...but please don't lose that butt..." Even myself not being "skinny" in no way shape or form, just curvy and a balanced porportion, white men apparently do appreciate a woman with meat on her bones.

I think its something that the average Cauasian woman doesn't typically have, (although I have seen quite a few with junk in the trunk) but hey, you won't find your average white magazine model with junk like that so of course you wont see it in those mainstream mags.

Apr 10 06 04:20 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Isys Entertainment wrote:

Plus Obsession is just unreal..she does some serious..Ohh never mind..thats for off topic dicussion

Remember, there was a serious discussion to stop the BET feed to Toronto.
Anymore interest in sexy videos, we may cut you off the 'blackness"

plus where can you apply the moves you learned in Obsession's videos?

Apr 10 06 04:24 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Perez

Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, US

Scaramanga wrote:
C) Will it actually reverse and return to where it was in the late nineties, when a big booty in a thong was still fairly uncommon to behold in a nationwide magazine or even on the internet.

No it will not return back to the way it was in the 90's unless the demand for these types of shots stops. That is the way things are like fashion coulture using very thin models.

Apr 10 06 04:25 pm Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

UnoMundo Photography wrote:

Remember, there was a serious discussion to stop the BET feed to Toronto.
Anymore interest in sexy videos, we may cut you off the 'blackness"

plus where can you apply the moves you learned in Obsession's videos?

Ohh you so dirty Uno..ROFLMAO..I will never tell but Bobbie Bliss taught Obsession many skills..LOL

Apr 10 06 04:26 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Ransom J wrote:

You gave me an interesting thought with that one... couldn't it be that those little, "home made" outlets on Public Access reflect more what the populus likes and does, since there are no commercial interests and the big labels with endorsements and tv ads, present...

I am wondering (independent from the butts discussion, and no intent to hijack this thread, more a side thought) could that grassroots level of music and entertainment be the true measure of what is really mainstream?

I am just brabbling...

Apr 10 06 04:31 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

UdoR wrote:

You gave me an interesting thought with that one... couldn't it be that those little, "home made" outlets on Public Access reflect more what the populus likes and does, since there are no commercial interests and the big labels with endorsements and tv ads, present...

I am wondering (independent from the butts discussion, and no intent to hijack this thread, more a side thought) could that grassroots level of music and entertainment be the true measure of what is really mainstream?

I am just brabbling...

In it's most  logical sense YES.  But we are a country of sheeple, and tend to gravitate more toward what we are fed than what we crave.  Hence the reason anybody finds paris hilton attractive. LOL.  Mainstream media makes the benchmark.  The true standard might be well under or over whatever the benchmark is, but mainstream media still set the benchmark.

Apr 10 06 04:34 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

LegworkPhotography wrote:
The fact of the matter is Black Men as always preferered the (Azz)drum and our Caucasian brotha's prefer the rack...big_smile

Hell NO!

I am Caucasian... and I prefer a tight booty over a "nice rack" anytime... and you find half of the white guys loving boobs and the other ones prefer a butt.

I think it's kinda a "size system" of that butt that distinguishes the communities...

I posted it before,... many times actually... but have you been to http://www.assmatrix.com (Warning: Adult Material)?

Apr 10 06 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

love that damn site don't you Udo? lol

Apr 10 06 04:38 pm Link

Photographer

Indochine

Los Angeles, California, US

Robert Perez wrote:

No it will not return back to the way it was in the 90's unless the demand for these types of shots stops. That is the way things are like fashion coulture using very thin models.

Thanks for returning to original topic. But I guess this gets to the real heart of the matter: will the demand for this cease? My answer is no, because the demand was always there. The internet (and music videos and urban mags) just provided a new venue for the demand to be supplied.

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Ransom J wrote:
Hence the reason anybody finds paris hilton attractive. LOL.

Well... I must say... I do like Paris' body. Her face is kinda average... but she showed a lot of enthusiasm in the vertical mambo and I like that too... big_smile

Model

angela camp

Los Angeles, California, US

Well let me just say, totally off topic, I like gold teeth and fronts and the curved long talons as fingernails (SWV circa early 90s).  Also, I don't know about a bad weave but a good weave, well there isn't anything wrong with that.

Apr 10 06 06:09 pm Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

ejlinkz wrote:
small buts went out with the light skin men lol. too bad i was too young to witness the light skin men era.

I heard that light skinned men are making a comeback.

I HEARD.

Big asses are here to stay, though! LOL

Apr 10 06 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

shimmer wrote:
there is no such thing as a phat ass and no stretch marks...thats impossible....smile..and everyone has thier own definition of perfectly round

CristinaLex wrote:
*no stretch marks either*

A 36" ass doesn't qualify as a phat ass. Only if you're 5'3. wink

Phat asses start at 40, and go from there. LOL

Apr 10 06 06:24 pm Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Where did Cristina go?

If anyone sees her, tell her to bring her ass back to this thread... PRONTO! LOL

Apr 10 06 06:28 pm Link

Model

CristinaLex

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

Angel Tara wrote:
Cristina,

I just want to say I totally agree with what Udo said.

There will always be men who'd love to worship your derriere, so don't worry about that.

You should love it because you find it beautiful. Never will 100% of people agree with what is beautiful. Same issue with big boobs, small boobs, fake boobs, natural, tall, skinny, short, thick, light, dark or any combination.

So, don't worry. smile

Its just sometimes...I love myself I feel on top of the world...and then i tumble back into darkenss and I hate what I look like and who i am....It is hurting me...It kills me ..Its hurting my relationship and this world is soo cruel with appearances...i dont know what to look like what to do....I am totally confused.....

Apr 11 06 09:16 am Link

Model

CristinaLex

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

VRG Photography wrote:
Where did Cristina go?

If anyone sees her, tell her to bring her ass back to this thread... PRONTO! LOL

Im back

Apr 11 06 09:34 am Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

CristinaLex wrote:

Im back

Cool. I was wondering what happened to you.

Ya know, when I start second-guessing myself, I have to remind myself to be the best "me" that I can be. We all have things that people like or dislike about us, but focus on self, and you'll go a long way.

Apr 11 06 10:06 am Link