Forums > General Industry > Big Butt Backlash?

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Considering I don't watch FUSE or BET or VH1 ~or~ MTV, AND I don't really find anything they have to offer all that appealing AND I find music videos to generally be a waste of money, I'm afraid you'll just have to do a crapshoot.
I skip over those channels.
Why? Because when the television IS momentarily on those channels, that's what I see.
Don't believe me? Watch one of Nelly's or Luda's videos. Or watch Keane's. Or go back to 01 when Beyonce and the girls decided to be Bootylicious, and look at the stereotype they're acting out IN THAT VIDEO. Look at Kelis.
In the future, please refrain from jumping out and attacking me.
ETA: fucking quote system.

Apr 10 06 03:27 pm Link

Model

CristinaLex

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

I mean all ths plastic surgery the blk and white models are gettin on their asses is making me sick really,

First you cant tell the difference between fake breast and real breast,
Now for the women who are naturally blessed behind...there are gonna be assumptions about he ass is real or fake....and best believe it has already happeend with me and I fuking cursed that nigga out in a heart beat...dont tell me whats real or fake about me 4 realz

Apr 10 06 03:27 pm Link

Model

The Matthew Ross

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

why try to hide and be ashamed of the booty? BE PROUD OF THE BOOTY! smile

Apr 10 06 03:28 pm Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

CristinaLex wrote:
I mean all ths plastic surgery the blk and white models are gettin on their asses is making me sick really,

First you cant tell the difference between fake breast and real breast,
Now for the women who are naturally blessed behind...there are gonna be assumptions about he ass is real or fake....and best believe it has already happeend with me and I fuking cursed that nigga out in a heart beat...dont tell me whats real or fake about me 4 realz

dude's a jackass if he can't tell the difference between a real ass and a storebought. hmm

Apr 10 06 03:32 pm Link

Model

Jakki Browne

Los Angeles, California, US

To shimmer:

First of all you are a Texan so there is always love there. For me the gold tooth, weave thing was offensive because those images aren't in the mainstream and you'll never see women like that in music videos. But if you have never really watched videos how can you make a comment like that?  It just seemed like you were promoting stereotypes.  But whatever this thread is giving me a headache!

Apr 10 06 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

CristinaLex wrote:
i am kinda glad that asses of all sizes is being recognized..being a women who was very self concious about my ass-et, I thought myself as disgusting and revolting because soo many people wanted the lil cutie booty, but Since big butts and cruvacious bodies are now being praised I feel more comfortable with exposing myself and also seeing that a lot of men, white, spanish, black what have you not, are now opening up to liking big booties, you still have the few that prefer the lil cutie booties, but that aint cushing for the pushin smile...

I just hope a lot of females dont all run out to become the buffies, or the ki toys, like i say everything aint for everyone :smile..

All praise to curvacious bodies, and bigg booties smile..BIg not unaturally HUGE smile

They've always did. they were just in the booty closet.

Apr 10 06 03:35 pm Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Jakki Browne wrote:
To shimmer:

First of all you are a Texan so there is always love there. For me the gold tooth, weave thing was offensive because those images aren't in the mainstream and you'll never see women like that in music videos. But if you have never really watched videos how can you make a comment like that?  It just seemed like you were promoting stereotypes.  But whatever this thread is giving me a headache!

texan love what! smile

No seriously, those images are WHY I turned it off.
And the images of women like Pam Anderson, and Nicole Ritchie and Paris Hilton.
Those women are why I give an airborne rodent's rectum about music videos. Everynow and then I catch something as I'm channel or internet surfing or looking at iTunes or whatnot.

Apr 10 06 03:35 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

shimmer wrote:
Considering I don't watch FUSE or BET or VH1 ~or~ MTV, AND I don't really find anything they have to offer all that appealing AND I find music videos to generally be a waste of money, I'm afraid you'll just have to do a crapshoot.
I skip over those channels.
Why? Because when the television IS momentarily on those channels, that's what I see.
Don't believe me? Watch one of Nelly's or Luda's videos. Or watch Keane's. Or go back to 01 when Beyonce and the girls decided to be Bootylicious, and look at the stereotype they're acting out IN THAT VIDEO. Look at Kelis.
In the future, please refrain from jumping out and attacking me.
ETA: fucking quote system.

If kelis is you benchmark then i understand your confusion.  She's alternative even in hip hop circles.  Her style and music is eclectic.  And not to be considered the norm or standard.

Apr 10 06 03:36 pm Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Ransom J wrote:
If kelis is you benchmark then i understand your confusion.  She's alternative even in hip hop circles.  Her style and music is eclectic.  And not to be considered the norm or standard.

You know what? You're taking ONE sentence out of every response to you and running with it. Read the whole thing before you click reply please.
I mentioned, previously, Nelly, Ludacris, & Keane. I also mentioned Destiny's Child.
THOSE are mainstream.

eta: look at Lil John, while you're at it.

Apr 10 06 03:38 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

shimmer wrote:

You know what? You're taking ONE sentence out of every response to you and running with it. Read the whole thing before you click reply please.
I mentioned, previously, Nelly, Ludacris, & Keane. I also mentioned Destiny's Child.
THOSE are mainstream.

Nelly, Luda, Kanye and Destiny's Child don't have long talon, gold teeth, bad weave girls in their videos.

The only one even close was Grillz and those were diamond  teeth because the song was about **gasp** diamond teeth.  So no i'm not taking one sentence and running with it i'm taking the only one that APPLIED and expounding on it.

Apr 10 06 03:40 pm Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Can someone insert the sir mix a lot song in somehow...LOL
Obviously people love Butts or we would not have two very popular threads going on right now..Ass is facinating and seems to have a huge audience right now

Apr 10 06 03:41 pm Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Ransom J wrote:
Nelly, Luda, Kanye and Destiny's Child don't have long talon, gold teeth, bad weave girls in their videos.

The only one even close was Grillz and those were diamond  teeth because the song was about **gasp** diamond teeth.  So no i'm not taking one sentence and running with it i'm taking the only one that APPLIED and expounding on it.

No, you're not.
I told you to take the videos and look at the women. You're instead finding one thing and latching on to it.
As for Destiny's Child, I told you to think back to the looks they were perpetuating during their (admittedly) tongue in cheek video to bootylicious.

if that weren't mainstreamed to a point, why would, when you type in the word "grills" for a google image search this be the first thing that pops up?

Apr 10 06 03:43 pm Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Isys Entertainment wrote:
Can someone insert the sir mix a lot song in somehow...LOL
Obviously people love Butts or we would not have two very popular threads going on right now..Ass is facinating and seems to have a huge audience right now

^^^^ yes.

Apr 10 06 03:43 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

shimmer wrote:

THOSE are mainstream.

eta: look at Lil John, while you're at it.

You're quoting MEN that wear gold teeth.

Is this your benchmark?  This does not compute with your earlier statement.  No Lil jon videos have gils with long talons, bad weaves and gold teeth.  try again.

Apr 10 06 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

shimmer wrote:

No, you're not.
I told you to take the videos and look at the women. You're instead finding one thing and latching on to it.
As for Destiny's Child, I told you to think back to the looks they were perpetuating during their (admittedly) tongue in cheek video to bootylicious.

if that weren't mainstreamed to a point, why would, when you type in the word "grills" for a google image search this be the first thing that pops up?

And once again what videos are the MODELS, the GIRLS wearing grills, bad weave and long talon toenails and fingernails as you've stated?

Only in the video Grillz were any GIRLS doing this and THE VIDEO WAS ABOUT GRILLS, it stands to reason that in THAT video that's what they would do.  but ONE video doesn't make a standard.  Where is this overabundance of ghetto GIRLS you spoke of??

It doesn't exist and you haven't provided a shred of evidence to the contrary.  It's an urban myth.  A negative steroetypical vision that people want to believe is the norm.

Apr 10 06 03:48 pm Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Ransom J wrote:

You're quoting MEN that wear gold teeth.

Is this your benchmark?  This does not compute with your earlier statement.  No Lil jon videos have gils with long talons, bad weaves and gold teeth.  try again.

Look at the women they are putting in their videos. THAT is what I said for you to do. THAT is what is so hard for you to comprehend. THAT is what you're ignoring. THAT is what my point is.
THAT is where the stereotype is being fed.
THAT is why when black models opt to do a maxim style spread it boggles people, because maxim style isn't what the mainstream feeds the general public about black models.
THAT is what you're sitting there and trying to disprove, and you can't.

Apr 10 06 03:48 pm Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Ransom J wrote:
And once again what videos are the MODELS, the GIRLS wearing grills, bad weave and long talon toenails and fingernails as you've stated?

Only in the video Grillz were any GIRLS doing this and THE VIDEO WAS ABOUT GRILLS, it stands to reason that in THAT video that's what they would do.  but ONE video doesn't make a standard.  Where is this overabundance of ghetto GIRLS you spoke of??

It doesn't exist and you haven't provided a shred of evidence to the contrary.  It's an urban myth.  A negative steroetypical vision that people want to believe is the norm.

No, it's not. And if you think it is, you're quite wrong.

Apr 10 06 03:49 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

CristinaLex wrote:
yea its starting to make me feel al il self concious about me and make me think that, ya know..comparing to the other pics on this thread....thats they are hot and women like me are not....

I dont know what to think ...my esteem just came and went that fast

Cristina;

Do NOT feel bad about your butt. You can change it to a certain extend, but you've got to first accept and love your body, really accept and love your body before changes will happen.

You know... funny thing is that by focussing on what you want to change... or should be different... your subconscious mind doesn't quantify... and you think all the time "damn... I have a big butt"... that's just what'cha get... LOL

If you take the focus off, and rather see in your mind what you would like to see in the future, >after truly accepting what you've got< change may actually appear.

If your self esteem went fast, that simply means that, despite you profess that you are proud, you feel probably that you are telling yourself a lie.

Maybe you have to find out for yourself what it is that you REALLY want... for yourself, what will make you happy and why!?

Maybe you have to get angry enough to work on progress? I don't know... but that is something that you have to find out what works for yourself the best.

All the best to you!

Udo

P.S.: Don't forget... there are hundreds of thousand members of the other sex who would/will worship you if they knew you existed... Queen Cristina... wink

Apr 10 06 03:49 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

shimmer wrote:

Look at the women they are putting in their videos. THAT is what I said for you to do. THAT is what is so hard for you to comprehend. THAT is what you're ignoring. THAT is what my point is.
THAT is where the stereotype is being fed.
THAT is why when black models opt to do a maxim style spread it boggles people, because maxim style isn't what the mainstream feeds the general public about black models.
THAT is what you're sitting there and trying to disprove, and you can't.

This is flying over your head like a 747. SMH.

Apr 10 06 03:50 pm Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Ransom J wrote:

This is flying over your head like a 747. SMH.

And here I was about to give you a butterfly net to catch the point going over YOUR head.

Apr 10 06 03:50 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

shimmer wrote:

No, it's not. And if you think it is, you're quite wrong.

NAME ONE.  Every artist you've named hasn't had these types of models in their vids but according to you, the one that doesn't watch BET or VH1, the one that doesn't know the names of songs or videos, the one that has never been on a set, sent a girl to a casting, the one that knows absolutely nothing but what she THINKS she saw while turning past images that she admittedly DOESN'T watch.  I"M the one that is quite wrong. LMAO at YOU.

Apr 10 06 03:52 pm Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Ransom J wrote:

NAME ONE.  Every artist you've named hasn't had these types of models in their vids but according to you, the one that doesn't watch BET or VH1, the one that doesn't know the names of songs or videos, the one that has never been on a set, sent a girl to a casting, the one that knows absolutely nothing but what she THINKS she saw while turning past images that she admittedly DOESN'T watch.  I"M the one that is quite wrong. LMAO at YOU.

So you've watched their videos?
And I'm wrong?

Are you DELUDED???

Apr 10 06 03:53 pm Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Ransom J wrote:

I never said I thought. I said I did. BIG. HUGE. Difference.
I don't watch that crap because that's what it is.

And you're now making assumptions.

Apr 10 06 03:54 pm Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Can Ransom J take some pics of Shimmers Booty so we can all get along...

Apr 10 06 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

shimmer wrote:

So you've watched their videos?
And I'm wrong?

Are you DELUDED???

So you avoid the question?

Besides the ever so obvious GRILLZ ( A FUCKING ODE TO GOLD TEETH)

can you NAME ONE Where the models fit this archetype that YOU outlined earlier?
Or are YOU delusional.

Apr 10 06 03:55 pm Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Isys Entertainment wrote:
Can Randsom J take some pics of Shimmers Booty so we can all get along...

hell no.

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

shimmer wrote:

hell no.

I suppose I should be sad now. lol.

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Ransom J wrote:

So you avoid the question?

Besides the ever so obvious GRILLZ ( A FUCKING ODE TO GOLD TEETH)

can you NAME ONE Where the models fit this archetype that YOU outlined earlier?
Or are YOU delusional.

Yep. I was asking the question rhetorically, but you answered it as expected. Thank you.

Watch the damned videos. Tell me I'm wrong.

Apr 10 06 03:56 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Shimmer and Ransom J:

Guys... you are getting heated, please cool it a little bit off.

I must say tho, go to a black club in NYC, and you'll see all the huge booty'd sista's, with the long fingernails and bad weaves... of course, not all of them are like that... but way enough to say those are not in the minority.

Anyway... back to the regular programming...

Apr 10 06 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

shimmer wrote:

I never said I thought. I said I did. BIG. HUGE. Difference.
I don't watch that crap because that's what it is.

And you're now making assumptions.

If you saw it, then list it.  If you saw it then you watched it.  If you saw it you could have listed it 7 posts ago.

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Ransom J wrote:

I suppose I should be sad now. lol.

Not at all.
We couldn't make proper images together.

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

shimmer wrote:

Yep. I was asking the question rhetorically, but you answered it as expected. Thank you.

Watch the damned videos. Tell me I'm wrong.

I have.  You are.  Now answer the question.

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

UdoR wrote:
Shimmer and Ransom J:

I must say tho, go to a black club in NYC, and you'll see all the huge booty'd sista's, with the long fingernails and bad weaves... of course, not all of them are like that... but way enough to say those are not in the minority.

Udo the club and the videos and mags are two different outlets.  you know this as well as i.

Apr 10 06 03:58 pm Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Ransom J wrote:

I have.  You are.  Now answer the question.

You're not asking a question.
You're not asking anything.
You're asking me to name videos?
I told you the names of SEVERAL artists, and told you to pick a video.
You won't do it.

Do your eyes even work?

Apr 10 06 03:59 pm Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

UdoR wrote:
Shimmer and Ransom J:

Roger that.
I got new makeup in the mail today. It's infinitely more interesting than this ^.^

Apr 10 06 04:00 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

shimmer wrote:

You're not asking a question.
You're not asking anything.
You're asking me to name videos?
I told you the names of SEVERAL artists, and told you to pick a video.
You won't do it.

Do your eyes even work?

I said name a video.  You gave me artists names.  And then artists that don't have a video that matches your archetype. 

Name a VIDEO.

Apr 10 06 04:00 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Cristina,

I just want to say I totally agree with what Udo said.

There will always be men who'd love to worship your derriere, so don't worry about that.

You should love it because you find it beautiful. Never will 100% of people agree with what is beautiful. Same issue with big boobs, small boobs, fake boobs, natural, tall, skinny, short, thick, light, dark or any combination.

So, don't worry. smile

Apr 10 06 04:02 pm Link

Model

annointedbeautie

Rockledge, Florida, US

Legacys 7 wrote:

CristinaLex wrote:
i am kinda glad that asses of all sizes is being recognized..being a women who was very self concious about my ass-et, I thought myself as disgusting and revolting because soo many people wanted the lil cutie booty, but Since big butts and cruvacious bodies are now being praised I feel more comfortable with exposing myself and also seeing that a lot of men, white, spanish, black what have you not, are now opening up to liking big booties,

For a long time i hated having a big butt. I swore i was gonna get a butt reduction when i got older. I used to be really skinny and with the kind of modeling i was doing having a big butt was not a good thing and i was the "butt" of alot of jokes. But now that big butts are in im pround to flaunt my dynamic derriere.

Apr 10 06 04:02 pm Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Ransom J wrote:

I said name a video.  You gave me artists names.  And then artists that don't have a video that matches your archetype. 

Name a VIDEO.

Yes, they do.
But if you can't find it, I guess tha'ts your problem. Not mine.
Bootylicious.
Country Grammar.
Hot in Herre.
pimp juice
shake ya tailfeather

Apr 10 06 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

shimmer wrote:

Yes, they do.
But if you can't find it, I guess tha'ts your problem. Not mine.
Bootylicious.
Country Grammar.
Hot in Herre.
pimp juice
shake ya tailfeather

Thank you.  And none of those vids had your "taloned, gold teeth, bad weave" FEMALES casted in it.   So as i said you couldn't do it.  I'll just assume you watch TV with gold teeth glasses on that magically apply fronts and bad weave to models in random videos LOL.

Apr 10 06 04:06 pm Link